1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. pete

pea

Its covering a large area now, any ideas if it a named type. Bit of a job to get down to the basement to dig out the roots, under flag stones.
    Its covering a large area now, any ideas if it a named type. Bit of a job to get down to the basement to dig out the roots, under flag stones.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Hannah

Sap on tomato plants?

No sign of any bugs or gribbley things as our friend put it in another post. Yesterday they had all but two wilted completely, they had looked perfectly healthy apart from possibly the "sap" the...
    No sign of any bugs or gribbley things as our friend put it in another post. Yesterday they had all but two wilted completely, they had looked perfectly healthy apart from possibly the "sap" the night before, so I've given them a saturating and put them on the kitchen window sill.
    No sign of any bugs or gribbley things as our friend put it in another post. Yesterday they had all but two wilted completely, they had looked perfectly healthy apart from possibly the "sap" the night before, so I've given them a saturating and...
    No sign of any bugs or gribbley things as our friend put it in another post. Yesterday they had all but two wilted completely, they had looked perfectly healthy apart from possibly the "sap" the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. The Skiver

Wild Strawberries

Pick them and eat them? :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. dalbuie

Tomatillo's (again)

good look with yoursmy tomatillo plants look so healthy and happy it makes me smilegod knows if they'll fruit though :D but they look good :D
    good look with yoursmy tomatillo plants look so healthy and happy it makes me smilegod knows if they'll fruit though :D but they look good :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Will Dunkerley

How big a pot for Chillis / Peppers?

Hi Feline I put 3 Pepper plants in a 1 meter trough and they do very well in them.. Chillies, I only grow 1 or 2 and put them in a 6" pot, less likely to dry out on hot day and in sunny position...
    Hi Feline I put 3 Pepper plants in a 1 meter trough and they do very well in them.. Chillies, I only grow 1 or 2 and put them in a 6" pot, less likely to dry out on hot day and in sunny position like the Peppers. ------- Ladybird
    Hi Feline I put 3 Pepper plants in a 1 meter trough and they do very well in them.. Chillies, I only grow 1 or 2 and put them in a 6" pot, less likely to dry out on hot day and in sunny position like the Peppers. ------- Ladybird
    Hi Feline I put 3 Pepper plants in a 1 meter trough and they do very well in them.. Chillies, I only grow 1 or 2 and put them in a 6" pot, less likely to dry out on hot day and in sunny position...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Webmaster

Redcurrants .......... What can I do with them ?

Or just use a folk and strip them off in a bowl...it's quite fast, specially if you eat about half, while you do it, lol. -------- Ladybird
    Or just use a folk and strip them off in a bowl...it's quite fast, specially if you eat about half, while you do it, lol. -------- Ladybird
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. KeithB

Runner beans

Probably should be up by now Hannah :(
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. jpb1958

Fruit garden

Not sure about the planning but I would add blackberries, raspberries and blackcurrants
    Not sure about the planning but I would add blackberries, raspberries and blackcurrants
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. aqua

Chillis and Pepper Plant Pollination

Hi Aqua, Planted my first pepper plant this year in my greenhouse in a 12 inch pot surrounded by four marigold plant's, apparently aphids hate marigold plant's, did'nt hold out much hope but there...
    Hi Aqua, Planted my first pepper plant this year in my greenhouse in a 12 inch pot surrounded by four marigold plant's, apparently aphids hate marigold plant's, did'nt hold out much hope but there it is today a little pepper, and a few more flower bud's, They like to be kept moist but not...
    Hi Aqua, Planted my first pepper plant this year in my greenhouse in a 12 inch pot surrounded by four marigold plant's, apparently aphids hate marigold plant's, did'nt hold out much hope but there it is today a little pepper, and a few more...
    Hi Aqua, Planted my first pepper plant this year in my greenhouse in a 12 inch pot surrounded by four marigold plant's, apparently aphids hate marigold plant's, did'nt hold out much hope but there...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Neil

cucumbers

No idea about the pinching out. Not done it yet and, as with you, things are going so well I'm not going to start.Emma
    No idea about the pinching out. Not done it yet and, as with you, things are going so well I'm not going to start.Emma
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. aqua

For those who were interested - sweetcorn

Any chance of a pic Ladybird.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. jjordie

Storing beetroot

Can't see you're doing wrong. Try leaving main crop in the ground and mulch with straw or hay or store in a clamp.
    Can't see you're doing wrong. Try leaving main crop in the ground and mulch with straw or hay or store in a clamp.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. the turk

lost cherrys

Birds always eat my raspberries :mad: Not really enough to be a problem though. As to the cherry.... its a bit of a mystery to me. Fran sounds about right, it could well just be a problem with...
    Birds always eat my raspberries :mad: Not really enough to be a problem though. As to the cherry.... its a bit of a mystery to me. Fran sounds about right, it could well just be a problem with establishment, a lot of top and not much root perhaps. :(
    Birds always eat my raspberries :mad: Not really enough to be a problem though. As to the cherry.... its a bit of a mystery to me. Fran sounds about right, it could well just be a problem with establishment, a lot of top and not much root perhaps....
    Birds always eat my raspberries :mad: Not really enough to be a problem though. As to the cherry.... its a bit of a mystery to me. Fran sounds about right, it could well just be a problem with...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. sherry040999

peppers and chillis

Are the leaves still dark green or are they yellow, the ones that are falling off that is. :(
    Are the leaves still dark green or are they yellow, the ones that are falling off that is. :(
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Fran

Tomatoes ripe but not ripe

Hi Nick, Pete's right about the sun on your tom's,it's been exceptionally hot in the greenhouse this year, tom's love lot's of water and goodness, i'm just picking my second lot of gardners...
    Hi Nick, Pete's right about the sun on your tom's,it's been exceptionally hot in the greenhouse this year, tom's love lot's of water and goodness, i'm just picking my second lot of gardners delight, and my Alicante's are just turning, i have been watering on a daily basis and feeding tomorite...
    Hi Nick, Pete's right about the sun on your tom's,it's been exceptionally hot in the greenhouse this year, tom's love lot's of water and goodness, i'm just picking my second lot of gardners delight, and my Alicante's are just turning, i have been...
    Hi Nick, Pete's right about the sun on your tom's,it's been exceptionally hot in the greenhouse this year, tom's love lot's of water and goodness, i'm just picking my second lot of gardners...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Webmaster

Celeriac ........ Anyone ever grown it ?

:D Let us know when Nathan, & we shall all be round for dinner. :D :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. willsgarden

How do i stop snails/slugs getting my runner beans?

I have found the only reliable method is to go out late at night with a torch (car inspection lamp) and pick them up and kill them. I can get 60 a night, but the numbers do drop off if you...
    I have found the only reliable method is to go out late at night with a torch (car inspection lamp) and pick them up and kill them. I can get 60 a night, but the numbers do drop off if you persevere. And I have seen the benefits.Peter
    I have found the only reliable method is to go out late at night with a torch (car inspection lamp) and pick them up and kill them. I can get 60 a night, but the numbers do drop off if you persevere. And I have seen the benefits.Peter
    I have found the only reliable method is to go out late at night with a torch (car inspection lamp) and pick them up and kill them. I can get 60 a night, but the numbers do drop off if you...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. val16

tomatoes being eaten

I think it prob is the colorado beetle, not much attacks tomatoes the only other definite I could find is the American bollworm that usually attacks cotton plants but will also eat tomato...
    I think it prob is the colorado beetle, not much attacks tomatoes the only other definite I could find is the American bollworm that usually attacks cotton plants but will also eat tomato fruitssee if you can view this thread..its not in the best of order as it has disappeared off the web and...
    I think it prob is the colorado beetle, not much attacks tomatoes the only other definite I could find is the American bollworm that usually attacks cotton plants but will also eat tomato fruitssee if you can view this thread..its not in the...
    I think it prob is the colorado beetle, not much attacks tomatoes the only other definite I could find is the American bollworm that usually attacks cotton plants but will also eat tomato...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. jjordie

Giant pumpkin

if i were you id leave my pumpkin seeds for a few months
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. jjordie

Carrot fly

Steve - another tip re carrot root fly, untried, but apparently effective - is to put souther wormwood stems (pretty plant to grow too) between the rows. As I recall carrot root fly finds carots...
    Steve - another tip re carrot root fly, untried, but apparently effective - is to put souther wormwood stems (pretty plant to grow too) between the rows. As I recall carrot root fly finds carots by scent, and this masks it.
    Steve - another tip re carrot root fly, untried, but apparently effective - is to put souther wormwood stems (pretty plant to grow too) between the rows. As I recall carrot root fly finds carots by scent, and this masks it.
    Steve - another tip re carrot root fly, untried, but apparently effective - is to put souther wormwood stems (pretty plant to grow too) between the rows. As I recall carrot root fly finds carots...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice