1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. Clueless 1 v2

Where should my veg be upto by now

Thanks all.Regarding it being crowded, that's a fair assessment. The only reason the courgettes are in there is because my dad's young dog sometimes visits, and she's crazy, and has a bizarre...
    Thanks all.Regarding it being crowded, that's a fair assessment. The only reason the courgettes are in there is because my dad's young dog sometimes visits, and she's crazy, and has a bizarre interest in potted plants. I keep meaning to bring them out into the garden.I usually feed up once a...
    Thanks all.Regarding it being crowded, that's a fair assessment. The only reason the courgettes are in there is because my dad's young dog sometimes visits, and she's crazy, and has a bizarre interest in potted plants. I keep meaning to bring...
    Thanks all.Regarding it being crowded, that's a fair assessment. The only reason the courgettes are in there is because my dad's young dog sometimes visits, and she's crazy, and has a bizarre...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Bear1

Plum tree problems

Pictures?
    Pictures?
    Pictures?
    Pictures?
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. DazzerLancs

Billberry

I'm at a bit of a loss then. "Could it have some root pest", or "could it have been scorched by reflection or watering" are the only things that spring to mind.Hm. Tricky.
    I'm at a bit of a loss then. "Could it have some root pest", or "could it have been scorched by reflection or watering" are the only things that spring to mind.Hm. Tricky.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Clueless 1 v2

Edamame beans

Clueless, I've grown them a few times. Grew much better in pots than in the ground. Can definitely grow fairly well in the UK though. Mine grew to around just under 2 feet.
    Clueless, I've grown them a few times. Grew much better in pots than in the ground. Can definitely grow fairly well in the UK though. Mine grew to around just under 2 feet.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. TheMadHedger

Courgette plants - full sun versus partial shade

From their website ("lovethegarden"):So it looks like 20ml in a gallon of water weekly.IIWY I would consider asking them the question (and reporting the answer here)!Edit: 01276 401300
    From their website ("lovethegarden"):So it looks like 20ml in a gallon of water weekly.IIWY I would consider asking them the question (and reporting the answer here)!Edit: 01276 401300
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. jazzy

Iceberg Lettuce- No's?

I could be wrong but I think the number represents firmness on a 1 to 5 scale with 5 being the most firm.Objective method for measuring fi... preview & related info | Mendeley
    I could be wrong but I think the number represents firmness on a 1 to 5 scale with 5 being the most firm.Objective method for measuring fi... preview & related info | Mendeley
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. THFC

Aubergine leaf problem

It's currently in isolation and now looking incredibly sorry for itself. Will give it to the end of the week, and then try as you suggest. Shame we are not going to be having great weather this week.
    It's currently in isolation and now looking incredibly sorry for itself. Will give it to the end of the week, and then try as you suggest. Shame we are not going to be having great weather this week.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Billi

What's wrong with my pepper plant?

My Christmas cacti have both been in this window for years and are quite happy
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. vbgr

Apricot laden with fruit

Sounds good. V
    Sounds good. V
    Sounds good. V
    Sounds good. V
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Sirius

Corn with scrapes at base of leaves

Could be leaf miner
    Could be leaf miner
    Could be leaf miner
    Could be leaf miner
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. THFC

Brown marks on Borage leaves

Cheers infradig. I wish i'd posted on here before cutting off half the leaves, but the plants seem to have survived. For now!
    Cheers infradig. I wish i'd posted on here before cutting off half the leaves, but the plants seem to have survived. For now!
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. TheMadHedger

Cercospora Leaf Spot on beetroot leaves

So I have Cercospora Leaf Spot on some of my beetroot leaves - it's not bad but I've removed the affected leaves. My fault really having never grown beetroot before; the leaves have grown very...
    So I have Cercospora Leaf Spot on some of my beetroot leaves - it's not bad but I've removed the affected leaves. My fault really having never grown beetroot before; the leaves have grown very well (as have the roots) and the leaves are much too close together (I have the plants in a large...
    So I have Cercospora Leaf Spot on some of my beetroot leaves - it's not bad but I've removed the affected leaves. My fault really having never grown beetroot before; the leaves have grown very well (as have the roots) and the leaves are much too...
    So I have Cercospora Leaf Spot on some of my beetroot leaves - it's not bad but I've removed the affected leaves. My fault really having never grown beetroot before; the leaves have grown very...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. dogsbody

Dwarf French beans

I chit my beans on damp kitchen roll and usually get germination within two days then plant them immediately.
    I chit my beans on damp kitchen roll and usually get germination within two days then plant them immediately.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Drozich

Habanero advice

That’s great, thank you for your help.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Paul Blackburn

Problem wth my Pear Tree

What's actually happening, are the leaves rolling up. Are there any insects on the backs of the leaves.
    What's actually happening, are the leaves rolling up. Are there any insects on the backs of the leaves.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. TheMadHedger

Courgette plants and "wind rock"

I've never had the issue but good idea with the sticks
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Jack Snakes

Greenhouse tomatoes

Don't give up, you never know:whistle:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Spruce

Suffolk Red Seedless Grape Vine

Why Do Seedless Grapes Sometimes Have Seeds? - Tasting Table
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Esoxlucius

Tomato newbie.

I have been growing 3 tomato plants (at least!) in each growbag (x3) for many years & always get good results! I've done the same this year & the plants are growing very well. One, from a...
    I have been growing 3 tomato plants (at least!) in each growbag (x3) for many years & always get good results! I've done the same this year & the plants are growing very well. One, from a self-sown seedling, is now over a metre tall & has 4 trusses, 3 of which have tomatoes on them.This year...
    I have been growing 3 tomato plants (at least!) in each growbag (x3) for many years & always get good results! I've done the same this year & the plants are growing very well. One, from a self-sown seedling, is now over a metre tall & has 4...
    I have been growing 3 tomato plants (at least!) in each growbag (x3) for many years & always get good results! I've done the same this year & the plants are growing very well. One, from a...
    IMG_20230607_072322_HDR.jpg Tomatoes 'Gardeners Delight' in growbags on balcony 17th July 2023.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. karaman

my peartree laden with flowers but not a single pear!

hallo, sorry for late reply -- my pear is about 10 years old, i,ve had it for 5 years -- i think it needs an other pollinator nearby which i was not told about/did not know about -- so i think i...
    hallo, sorry for late reply -- my pear is about 10 years old, i,ve had it for 5 years -- i think it needs an other pollinator nearby which i was not told about/did not know about -- so i think i will sell it to a gardening friend who has room for two trees in her garden & i shall opt for a...
    hallo, sorry for late reply -- my pear is about 10 years old, i,ve had it for 5 years -- i think it needs an other pollinator nearby which i was not told about/did not know about -- so i think i will sell it to a gardening friend who has room for...
    hallo, sorry for late reply -- my pear is about 10 years old, i,ve had it for 5 years -- i think it needs an other pollinator nearby which i was not told about/did not know about -- so i think i...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice