1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. Canucks72

Chillies not ripening

Well I'll be away for 3 weeks so that might be too long to leave them... I may get a colleague to give them a water once a week. They've not needed much so far, I've tended to water quite well...
    Well I'll be away for 3 weeks so that might be too long to leave them... I may get a colleague to give them a water once a week. They've not needed much so far, I've tended to water quite well then leave them for a week as they seem to like drying out. I might even dry them green, I'll see how...
    Well I'll be away for 3 weeks so that might be too long to leave them... I may get a colleague to give them a water once a week. They've not needed much so far, I've tended to water quite well then leave them for a week as they seem to like...
    Well I'll be away for 3 weeks so that might be too long to leave them... I may get a colleague to give them a water once a week. They've not needed much so far, I've tended to water quite well...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Steve R

Pumpkin growing challenge 2017

Build a bridge out of it :snorky:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. madmick

Onions going to seed

thats intersting, to use the bolted onions first as I didn't realise that they didn't store well. I learn something new everyday.
    thats intersting, to use the bolted onions first as I didn't realise that they didn't store well. I learn something new everyday.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. ARMANDII

VEGETABLE GROWING 2020

New Thread Here:-Vegetable Growing 2021
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. cider provider

where to buy mature fruit trees.?

Barchams sell "mature trees", including fruit trees, e.g. for Apples:they are about £200 for a 3M-4M plant
    Barchams sell "mature trees", including fruit trees, e.g. for Apples:they are about £200 for a 3M-4M plant
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. jw_universe

Fixing main stems?

Well, new leaves and buds continue to grow and I've had my first open flower today, hooray! The stem didn't heal totally up as I first imagined it would if it survived, but if it's happy enough to...
    Well, new leaves and buds continue to grow and I've had my first open flower today, hooray! The stem didn't heal totally up as I first imagined it would if it survived, but if it's happy enough to flower then it's certainly not ruined. The "pruning" didn't appear to do any harm either; if...
    Well, new leaves and buds continue to grow and I've had my first open flower today, hooray! The stem didn't heal totally up as I first imagined it would if it survived, but if it's happy enough to flower then it's certainly not ruined. The...
    Well, new leaves and buds continue to grow and I've had my first open flower today, hooray! The stem didn't heal totally up as I first imagined it would if it survived, but if it's happy enough to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. JWK
    Like x 16

Tomato Taste Test - again!

Good idea::dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. intel

Runner Beans - Same Place Every Year?

I sow some early runners under cover in the propagator in early April to plant out in May. These are my 'risky' plants that survive if the weather stays OK and give me slightly earlier cropping...
    I sow some early runners under cover in the propagator in early April to plant out in May. These are my 'risky' plants that survive if the weather stays OK and give me slightly earlier cropping in good weather.The next lot are sown late April and are ready to go out late May. Some of this...
    I sow some early runners under cover in the propagator in early April to plant out in May. These are my 'risky' plants that survive if the weather stays OK and give me slightly earlier cropping in good weather.The next lot are sown late April...
    I sow some early runners under cover in the propagator in early April to plant out in May. These are my 'risky' plants that survive if the weather stays OK and give me slightly earlier cropping...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Steve R

Tomatoes - How high? How many trusses?

Hi Steve Its what it says on the tin.. a raised bed made from a ladder that resembles something close to a hammock :wink: Its just a free draining bed of compost, but tomatoes seem to really...
    Hi Steve Its what it says on the tin.. a raised bed made from a ladder that resembles something close to a hammock :wink: Its just a free draining bed of compost, but tomatoes seem to really enjoy growing in it. There`s a few "before" pics, in the thread linked below. I`m not sure if or how...
    Hi Steve Its what it says on the tin.. a raised bed made from a ladder that resembles something close to a hammock :wink: Its just a free draining bed of compost, but tomatoes seem to really enjoy growing in it. There`s a few "before" pics, in...
    Hi Steve Its what it says on the tin.. a raised bed made from a ladder that resembles something close to a hammock :wink: Its just a free draining bed of compost, but tomatoes seem to really...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Milamber

My Apache F1 Chilli

The top of the plant seems to produce good Chilli's that start green and slowly turn red.The lower plant seems to produce short stubby chilli's that grow red from the start. Should I be...
    The top of the plant seems to produce good Chilli's that start green and slowly turn red.The lower plant seems to produce short stubby chilli's that grow red from the start. Should I be trimming the short stubby ones and not let them grow?This is the produce from 5 plants (after I had...
    The top of the plant seems to produce good Chilli's that start green and slowly turn red.The lower plant seems to produce short stubby chilli's that grow red from the start. Should I be trimming the short stubby ones and not let them...
    The top of the plant seems to produce good Chilli's that start green and slowly turn red.The lower plant seems to produce short stubby chilli's that grow red from the start. Should I be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. JWK

Potato growing 2021

2022 thread : Potato growing 2022
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Steve R
    Like x 4

Pumpkin growing and carving challenge 2016

Record-breaking pumpkin sets sail at Hyde HallStuart WoodwardBBC EssexPosted at12:43 Not only does a 95 stone (600kg) pumpkin float, it's pretty nippy in the water too.It's pictured...
    Record-breaking pumpkin sets sail at Hyde HallStuart WoodwardBBC EssexPosted at12:43 Not only does a 95 stone (600kg) pumpkin float, it's pretty nippy in the water too.It's pictured closest as it takes part in the "world's first pumpkin boat race" at Hyde Hall near Chelmsford.
    Record-breaking pumpkin sets sail at Hyde HallStuart WoodwardBBC EssexPosted at12:43 Not only does a 95 stone (600kg) pumpkin float, it's pretty nippy in the water too.It's pictured closest as it takes part in the "world's first pumpkin...
    Record-breaking pumpkin sets sail at Hyde HallStuart WoodwardBBC EssexPosted at12:43 Not only does a 95 stone (600kg) pumpkin float, it's pretty nippy in the water too.It's pictured...
    image.jpeg pumpkin 2016.jpg WP_20160606_001.jpg WP_20160606_002.jpg 1465835542691.jpg 20160613_180830.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Steve R
    Like x 4

Read if you grow Potatoes or Tomatoes - BLIGHT 2012

Does that come in a different shaped bottle?
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Fat Controller
    Like x 3

Tatties

Of the five failed grafted TomTatoes, three were planted in the plot pictured above.So, two remaining, and I also had two pot bound runner beans that needed to be transplanted asap.Yep, you've...
    Of the five failed grafted TomTatoes, three were planted in the plot pictured above.So, two remaining, and I also had two pot bound runner beans that needed to be transplanted asap.Yep, you've guessed it...Conventional wisdom says that a plant can only be grafted to another plant belonging...
    Of the five failed grafted TomTatoes, three were planted in the plot pictured above.So, two remaining, and I also had two pot bound runner beans that needed to be transplanted asap.Yep, you've guessed it...Conventional wisdom says that a...
    Of the five failed grafted TomTatoes, three were planted in the plot pictured above.So, two remaining, and I also had two pot bound runner beans that needed to be transplanted asap.Yep, you've...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Cookie Monster

British wildflower g.c.survey

Looks like a Common Spotted Orchid to me. :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. John78

Which is the best potato for jackets...

CONFUSED ? Business, require supply of potatoes for baking, Containers ? does not compute Jack McH
    CONFUSED ? Business, require supply of potatoes for baking, Containers ? does not compute Jack McH
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. handman

black runner beans

Would you have a few I could slip in the seed swap parcel please,
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Melinda

Climbing beans and peas - How do you support yours?

And you know, in plenty of time, if you have a germination failure.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. JWK

Potato Growing 2023

Link to new threadPotato Growing 2024
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Moopants

garlic bolted

Moopants, when did you plant the cloves? Also, if there is no flower head forming, then the plants HAVEN`T bolted. :dbgrtmb:
    Moopants, when did you plant the cloves? Also, if there is no flower head forming, then the plants HAVEN`T bolted. :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice