1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. TheMadHedger

Courgette plants and "wind rock"

I've never had the issue but good idea with the sticks
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Jack Snakes

Greenhouse tomatoes

Don't give up, you never know:whistle:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Spruce

Suffolk Red Seedless Grape Vine

Why Do Seedless Grapes Sometimes Have Seeds? - Tasting Table
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Esoxlucius

Tomato newbie.

I have been growing 3 tomato plants (at least!) in each growbag (x3) for many years & always get good results! I've done the same this year & the plants are growing very well. One, from a...
    I have been growing 3 tomato plants (at least!) in each growbag (x3) for many years & always get good results! I've done the same this year & the plants are growing very well. One, from a self-sown seedling, is now over a metre tall & has 4 trusses, 3 of which have tomatoes on them.This year...
    I have been growing 3 tomato plants (at least!) in each growbag (x3) for many years & always get good results! I've done the same this year & the plants are growing very well. One, from a self-sown seedling, is now over a metre tall & has 4...
    I have been growing 3 tomato plants (at least!) in each growbag (x3) for many years & always get good results! I've done the same this year & the plants are growing very well. One, from a...
    IMG_20230607_072322_HDR.jpg Tomatoes 'Gardeners Delight' in growbags on balcony 17th July 2023.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. karaman

my peartree laden with flowers but not a single pear!

hallo, sorry for late reply -- my pear is about 10 years old, i,ve had it for 5 years -- i think it needs an other pollinator nearby which i was not told about/did not know about -- so i think i...
    hallo, sorry for late reply -- my pear is about 10 years old, i,ve had it for 5 years -- i think it needs an other pollinator nearby which i was not told about/did not know about -- so i think i will sell it to a gardening friend who has room for two trees in her garden & i shall opt for a...
    hallo, sorry for late reply -- my pear is about 10 years old, i,ve had it for 5 years -- i think it needs an other pollinator nearby which i was not told about/did not know about -- so i think i will sell it to a gardening friend who has room for...
    hallo, sorry for late reply -- my pear is about 10 years old, i,ve had it for 5 years -- i think it needs an other pollinator nearby which i was not told about/did not know about -- so i think i...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. karaman

How do i make chalky soil for my grapevine?

Grape vines are remarkably tough and tolerant of soil conditions; I've seen them growing in everything from well mulched borders in a greenhouse, to sunbaked thin soil on schist. Have been advised...
    Grape vines are remarkably tough and tolerant of soil conditions; I've seen them growing in everything from well mulched borders in a greenhouse, to sunbaked thin soil on schist. Have been advised that you should throw a dead animal into the planting hole toget the vineoff to a good start. They...
    Grape vines are remarkably tough and tolerant of soil conditions; I've seen them growing in everything from well mulched borders in a greenhouse, to sunbaked thin soil on schist. Have been advised that you should throw a dead animal into the...
    Grape vines are remarkably tough and tolerant of soil conditions; I've seen them growing in everything from well mulched borders in a greenhouse, to sunbaked thin soil on schist. Have been advised...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Kitte

Broad beans.

Yes, of course if you want to.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Sarah100!

Strawberries not fruiting

If you decide to buy some strawberry plants it would be best to get them started in late summer so that they get rooted before winter and be raring to go next spring.
    If you decide to buy some strawberry plants it would be best to get them started in late summer so that they get rooted before winter and be raring to go next spring.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. TheMadHedger

Courgette fruits not growing?

Thanks again everyone, much appreciated.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. ricky101

Onion Sets problem

@ricky101 , Aminopyralid has also been found in bagged composted manure and could potentially be found in general (bagged) compost. Just sayin’…
    @ricky101 , Aminopyralid has also been found in bagged composted manure and could potentially be found in general (bagged) compost. Just sayin’…
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. TheMadHedger

Courgettes - should spent male flowers be removed as soon as they fold up and wilt?

Thanks all. I have a number of young plants right now and it's only over the past few days that they've started flowering. Mostly producing male flowers but a few female too (four so far) so I've...
    Thanks all. I have a number of young plants right now and it's only over the past few days that they've started flowering. Mostly producing male flowers but a few female too (four so far) so I've been fertilizing manually using a very small and soft paintbrush.As an aside, today another female...
    Thanks all. I have a number of young plants right now and it's only over the past few days that they've started flowering. Mostly producing male flowers but a few female too (four so far) so I've been fertilizing manually using a very small and...
    Thanks all. I have a number of young plants right now and it's only over the past few days that they've started flowering. Mostly producing male flowers but a few female too (four so far) so I've...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. TheMadHedger

Beetroot seeds - are they always so erratic to germinate?

Oh, I can let you have some cuttings.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Paul Blackburn

Problem with my carrots and Lettuces

@Paul Blackburn How are the new plantings? Did we succeed ?
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Jay9408

Garlic's looking good.

My plot was used as a horse pasture for a few years before i got it, that may have helped a little
    My plot was used as a horse pasture for a few years before i got it, that may have helped a little
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Jowo

Over zealous raspberry!

Morning, yes all done. It was very easy so hopefully it'll still fruit! Thanks for your advice
    Morning, yes all done. It was very easy so hopefully it'll still fruit! Thanks for your advice
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. ChrisWales

Horse manure in veg planter

I put in a series of drain holes along the bottom :blue thumb: I did see some worms as I was turning it over too. I didn't really want to brim it too much so as to keep the soil from spilling onto the patio...
    I put in a series of drain holes along the bottom :blue thumb: I did see some worms as I was turning it over too. I didn't really want to brim it too much so as to keep the soil from spilling onto the patio when my 11 year old starts "farming" it :) If it settles a bit I'll try and add some soil
    I put in a series of drain holes along the bottom :blue thumb: I did see some worms as I was turning it over too. I didn't really want to brim it too much so as to keep the soil from spilling onto the patio when my 11 year old starts "farming" it :) If it...
    I put in a series of drain holes along the bottom :blue thumb: I did see some worms as I was turning it over too. I didn't really want to brim it too much so as to keep the soil from spilling onto the patio...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. burnie

First of 2023

Some Radish, French breakfast................well it's a start lol
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Bear1

Peas germination

I never have much luck sowing peas straight in the ground, either too cold and they rot or mice eat them. If the mice miss them the pigeons won't.I start mine in pots in the greenhouse and...
    I never have much luck sowing peas straight in the ground, either too cold and they rot or mice eat them. If the mice miss them the pigeons won't.I start mine in pots in the greenhouse and transplant when they are about 6" tall. I sow about a dozen in a 5" pot.
    I never have much luck sowing peas straight in the ground, either too cold and they rot or mice eat them. If the mice miss them the pigeons won't.I start mine in pots in the greenhouse and transplant when they are about 6" tall. I sow about a...
    I never have much luck sowing peas straight in the ground, either too cold and they rot or mice eat them. If the mice miss them the pigeons won't.I start mine in pots in the greenhouse and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. JustJoe

Carrots and lawn dressing

First couple of carrots harvested today, not winning any competitions but look good and taste great. The rest still have a while to go. Thanks for all the advise!
    First couple of carrots harvested today, not winning any competitions but look good and taste great. The rest still have a while to go. Thanks for all the advise!
    tempImage632tuB.png carrots24718.JPG IMG_8494.jpeg A2.jpg A3.jpg A1.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Hanglow
    Informative x 3

The benefit of fleece in spring

I'll be using mine on the potatoes if we have another really cold snap, as they won't all fit in the greenhouse now.
    I'll be using mine on the potatoes if we have another really cold snap, as they won't all fit in the greenhouse now.
    IMG_20230429_093934948.jpg IMG_20230429_093914349_HDR.jpg IMG_20230430_135540590.jpg IMG_20230430_184706264_HDR~2.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice