1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. Oraya

What could be eating my strawberries?

I used a Brinno TLC timelapse camera to catch what was eating mine, as soon as they start turning red - a cockroach! I caught it on film and posted it on YouTube (search for "Strawberry Horror")....
    I used a Brinno TLC timelapse camera to catch what was eating mine, as soon as they start turning red - a cockroach! I caught it on film and posted it on YouTube (search for "Strawberry Horror"). I would come back every few nights till the ripened strawberry was totally eaten.I ended up...
    I used a Brinno TLC timelapse camera to catch what was eating mine, as soon as they start turning red - a cockroach! I caught it on film and posted it on YouTube (search for "Strawberry Horror"). I would come back every few nights till the...
    I used a Brinno TLC timelapse camera to catch what was eating mine, as soon as they start turning red - a cockroach! I caught it on film and posted it on YouTube (search for "Strawberry Horror")....
    Cockroach & Strawberry - cropped mini.jpg strawberry in  protection bag - mini.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Spruce
    Like x 5

Tomato Competition 2014

I seem to have grown the largest tomato once again but I'm a bit of a cheat, the seed of the variety I use is not available in the UK, although seed for the world record variety (Delicious) is...
    I seem to have grown the largest tomato once again but I'm a bit of a cheat, the seed of the variety I use is not available in the UK, although seed for the world record variety (Delicious) is apparently.I am going to try to find out if it's feasible to export the seed I use to the UK.
    I seem to have grown the largest tomato once again but I'm a bit of a cheat, the seed of the variety I use is not available in the UK, although seed for the world record variety (Delicious) is apparently.I am going to try to find out if it's...
    I seem to have grown the largest tomato once again but I'm a bit of a cheat, the seed of the variety I use is not available in the UK, although seed for the world record variety (Delicious) is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Jenny namaste

Tomato Seed swap 2013

Hiya Jenny!! :spinning:I just wanted to let you know that the seeds arrived this morning....thanks again.:yay:
    Hiya Jenny!! :spinning:I just wanted to let you know that the seeds arrived this morning....thanks again.:yay:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Markymark

Runner Beans...

Well I am just updating my threads...things going ok...one of my runner beans is now making good progress up the canes...I had to start the other two canes off again as the cold/wind/slugs got...
    Well I am just updating my threads...things going ok...one of my runner beans is now making good progress up the canes...I had to start the other two canes off again as the cold/wind/slugs got 'em!! I also had a 'spare' runner bean and so am attempting to get it to gtow up the drainpipe in the...
    Well I am just updating my threads...things going ok...one of my runner beans is now making good progress up the canes...I had to start the other two canes off again as the cold/wind/slugs got 'em!! I also had a 'spare' runner bean and so am...
    Well I am just updating my threads...things going ok...one of my runner beans is now making good progress up the canes...I had to start the other two canes off again as the cold/wind/slugs got...
    IMG_1275.JPG Sweet peas 9th April.JPG Well, I\'m pleased!.JPG flora 010.JPG IMG_1277.JPG IMG_1306.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Aims54

Securing polycarbonate greenhouse

From the photo it appears the clips may be upside down. I have the same type of greenhouse with the same clips and have not lost a panel in seven years. When installed correctly the clips fit so...
    From the photo it appears the clips may be upside down. I have the same type of greenhouse with the same clips and have not lost a panel in seven years. When installed correctly the clips fit so tight that they press into the panel and hold it secure. You might check the installation of the...
    From the photo it appears the clips may be upside down. I have the same type of greenhouse with the same clips and have not lost a panel in seven years. When installed correctly the clips fit so tight that they press into the panel and hold it...
    From the photo it appears the clips may be upside down. I have the same type of greenhouse with the same clips and have not lost a panel in seven years. When installed correctly the clips fit so...
    IMG-20160326-WA0001.jpg clip.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. djrock

Tomato Feed

They went bust a couple of years ago, I think, but T&M bought the fertilizer section, I believe. Chempak® Soluble Tomato Food - Fertilisers - Thompson & Morgan Having said that, I have just...
    They went bust a couple of years ago, I think, but T&M bought the fertilizer section, I believe. Chempak® Soluble Tomato Food - Fertilisers - Thompson & Morgan Having said that, I have just recently discovered a secret garden centre, hidden away near the Welsh Harp in NW London, which has...
    They went bust a couple of years ago, I think, but T&M bought the fertilizer section, I believe. Chempak® Soluble Tomato Food - Fertilisers - Thompson & Morgan Having said that, I have just recently discovered a secret garden centre, hidden...
    They went bust a couple of years ago, I think, but T&M bought the fertilizer section, I believe. Chempak® Soluble Tomato Food - Fertilisers - Thompson & Morgan Having said that, I have just...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. caskin

Fruit tree winter wash ANTI APHID!!

Many thanks to you for all contributing to my thread.....Fidgetsmum gave me the clue as 'Winter Tree Wash' by Growing Success,this is the only recommended tree wash by RHS as all others are noew...
    Many thanks to you for all contributing to my thread.....Fidgetsmum gave me the clue as 'Winter Tree Wash' by Growing Success,this is the only recommended tree wash by RHS as all others are noew outlawed. I have obtained a long reach low pressure lance and the tree will be liberally treated...
    Many thanks to you for all contributing to my thread.....Fidgetsmum gave me the clue as 'Winter Tree Wash' by Growing Success,this is the only recommended tree wash by RHS as all others are noew outlawed. I have obtained a long reach low...
    Many thanks to you for all contributing to my thread.....Fidgetsmum gave me the clue as 'Winter Tree Wash' by Growing Success,this is the only recommended tree wash by RHS as all others are noew...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. GazSuttonUK

Feeding Potatoes?

Doesn't sound right to me. Comfrey is relatively high in Potash, so best suited to fruiting crops like Tomatoes. Not sure it will do much good on roots (like Carrots / Parsnips), but I reckon it...
    Doesn't sound right to me. Comfrey is relatively high in Potash, so best suited to fruiting crops like Tomatoes. Not sure it will do much good on roots (like Carrots / Parsnips), but I reckon it would be useless on leafy greens - compared to something that would provide plenty of Nitrogen,...
    Doesn't sound right to me. Comfrey is relatively high in Potash, so best suited to fruiting crops like Tomatoes. Not sure it will do much good on roots (like Carrots / Parsnips), but I reckon it would be useless on leafy greens - compared to...
    Doesn't sound right to me. Comfrey is relatively high in Potash, so best suited to fruiting crops like Tomatoes. Not sure it will do much good on roots (like Carrots / Parsnips), but I reckon it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. JWK

Vegetable Growing 2021

New thread: Vegetable Growing 2022
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. davygfuchsia

Potato Problem

Definitely the growing conditions. If they don't get enough / constant supply of water (ie they go dry at times) then they'll go mushy on cooking.
    Definitely the growing conditions. If they don't get enough / constant supply of water (ie they go dry at times) then they'll go mushy on cooking.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Kristen

Vegetable Growing using Weed Suppressing Membrane / Mypex

I didn't know that you were a Scottish shorty, @Scrungee ? :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Phil A

Giant onions 2016

I did ta, had the same for lunch :biggrin:I've been bitten to badgery by the things :yikes:
    I did ta, had the same for lunch :biggrin:I've been bitten to badgery by the things :yikes:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Sheal
    Like x 9

A Rare Vintage Tomato

I wish I could I don't have a greenhouse and the climate's not good enough up here to grow them or any other tomato outside - although I've tried. :sad:
    I wish I could I don't have a greenhouse and the climate's not good enough up here to grow them or any other tomato outside - although I've tried. :sad:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. rovingricey

Garlic, going to seed?

I ate mine in a risotto, they were delicious!
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. RandyRos

Perennial Runner Beans?

I experimented with overwintering runners, but I lifted them and stored them almost dry in the greenhouse a bit like dahlias as holly said.As I remember each root grew half a dozen or more...
    I experimented with overwintering runners, but I lifted them and stored them almost dry in the greenhouse a bit like dahlias as holly said.As I remember each root grew half a dozen or more stems, with all that lot growing from one root I never got any earlier beans, they only cropped around...
    I experimented with overwintering runners, but I lifted them and stored them almost dry in the greenhouse a bit like dahlias as holly said.As I remember each root grew half a dozen or more stems, with all that lot growing from one root I never...
    I experimented with overwintering runners, but I lifted them and stored them almost dry in the greenhouse a bit like dahlias as holly said.As I remember each root grew half a dozen or more...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. nFrost
    Like x 6

2015 Growing Season

Glad I put the cloche on the Mayan Glod spuds last night, winds turned much colderHad a look at the West Bay Royals too, not doing bad for 1st of Jan :)
    Glad I put the cloche on the Mayan Glod spuds last night, winds turned much colderHad a look at the West Bay Royals too, not doing bad for 1st of Jan :)
    20150201_125544.jpg 003.JPG CIMG0033 (600x800).jpg CIMG0057 (600x800).jpg CIMG0091 (800x600).jpg CIMG0055 (800x600).jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. shiney

Thoughts on Blackfly and Runner Beans

Hi Shiney, sounds like hoverflys, hold your finger up near one, if it hovers & has a look at your finger then yes. Very good for aphids, the larvae eat loads of em.
    Hi Shiney, sounds like hoverflys, hold your finger up near one, if it hovers & has a look at your finger then yes. Very good for aphids, the larvae eat loads of em.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Loofah

The 2016 Chilli Thread

We've just come back from a week's holiday and the chillies are looking very healthy (a friend watered them every day). We had a message on our answerphone from a local Indian restaurant saying...
    We've just come back from a week's holiday and the chillies are looking very healthy (a friend watered them every day). We had a message on our answerphone from a local Indian restaurant saying that they wanted more chilli plants. So Mrs Shiney sold six more plants to them. :blue thumb:
    We've just come back from a week's holiday and the chillies are looking very healthy (a friend watered them every day). We had a message on our answerphone from a local Indian restaurant saying that they wanted more chilli plants. So Mrs Shiney...
    We've just come back from a week's holiday and the chillies are looking very healthy (a friend watered them every day). We had a message on our answerphone from a local Indian restaurant saying...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. newpotato

wilting broccoli

thanks for your replies guys, i'm very new to this gardening stuff and just trying to fumble my way through and it looks like i've got a lot to learn about soil ph and pests, so thanks again for...
    thanks for your replies guys, i'm very new to this gardening stuff and just trying to fumble my way through and it looks like i've got a lot to learn about soil ph and pests, so thanks again for your advice but on the upside my broccoli seems to have made a miraculos recovery and i haven't...
    thanks for your replies guys, i'm very new to this gardening stuff and just trying to fumble my way through and it looks like i've got a lot to learn about soil ph and pests, so thanks again for your advice but on the upside my broccoli seems to...
    thanks for your replies guys, i'm very new to this gardening stuff and just trying to fumble my way through and it looks like i've got a lot to learn about soil ph and pests, so thanks again for...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Trunky

"DIY TomTato - Grafting Tomatoes onto Potatoes 2014"

@miraflores I had another go at them last year:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice