@miraflores I had another go at them last year:
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Sian in Belgium

how to prune a Blackcurrant bush that is being transplanted

A few months on, and I've finally planted the blackcurrant in its new home. I hope it likes growing in sand! It has two cuttings and three redcurrant cuttings as companions around it...
    A few months on, and I've finally planted the blackcurrant in its new home. I hope it likes growing in sand! It has two cuttings and three redcurrant cuttings as companions around it...
    2012-03-14-blackcurrant.jpg 2012-09-12-currants-planted.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. lowrider69

cucumber Advice please

Good find! I might give these a go next year for pickling.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Louise

Why are my potatoes dying?

Potatoes don't always flower, have you tried digging up a root toghestiy?
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Stunning Peter

Shrivelling Chillies

If they're left on the plant chillies start to shrivel once they have reached full maturity. It could simply be just that. They need picking and eating :). I'd prefer to look on the bright side...
    If they're left on the plant chillies start to shrivel once they have reached full maturity. It could simply be just that. They need picking and eating :). I'd prefer to look on the bright side and hope that they are just mature chillies.That chilli in the front does look as though it may be...
    If they're left on the plant chillies start to shrivel once they have reached full maturity. It could simply be just that. They need picking and eating :). I'd prefer to look on the bright side and hope that they are just mature chillies.That...
    If they're left on the plant chillies start to shrivel once they have reached full maturity. It could simply be just that. They need picking and eating :). I'd prefer to look on the bright side...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. galaxysue

Bitter Tomatoes

Hope you washed them first , could be the next door,s cat. Only joking , not sure never come across this problem. Can only think it is somthing that has got onto the toms ie chemical of some sort.
    Hope you washed them first , could be the next door,s cat. Only joking , not sure never come across this problem. Can only think it is somthing that has got onto the toms ie chemical of some sort.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. madmick

used tomato grow bags

I agree...I wouldn't use the grown bags in the first place. But re-using them seems a bit too much.
    I agree...I wouldn't use the grown bags in the first place. But re-using them seems a bit too much.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. ARMANDII

CHILLIES 2020

Not tried those, thought about it but not worth the bother as i give 95% of chilies away, tried various sprays based on seaweed and other organic ingredients, both home made and professional....
    Not tried those, thought about it but not worth the bother as i give 95% of chilies away, tried various sprays based on seaweed and other organic ingredients, both home made and professional. Garlic smoke bombs etc. I use nematodes every year for slugs so not adverse to biological controls....
    Not tried those, thought about it but not worth the bother as i give 95% of chilies away, tried various sprays based on seaweed and other organic ingredients, both home made and professional. Garlic smoke bombs etc. I use nematodes every year for...
    Not tried those, thought about it but not worth the bother as i give 95% of chilies away, tried various sprays based on seaweed and other organic ingredients, both home made and professional....
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. longk
    Like x 7

What's looking exotic in July 2012

This is the first time that I've got a Sprekelia to bloom - treat 'em mean seems to work!!
    This is the first time that I've got a Sprekelia to bloom - treat 'em mean seems to work!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. pheobe

onion thick neck

pete I assumed it was as Scrungee described:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. JWK

Potato growing 2022

Tamar organics are selling them for £3.95 for 1.5 kg
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Bertie

Harzfeuer Tomato

I agree about the taste of home grown vs supermarket.70p! Thats good value Bertie, tomato seeds keep OK for years.
    I agree about the taste of home grown vs supermarket.70p! Thats good value Bertie, tomato seeds keep OK for years.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Dinger

Pruning Raspberries

Have a look at this thread
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. clueless1

Runner bean stalks - Cut the top off?

Yes, nip the tops off and you'll get more growing shoots coming from lower down. With the plants that are just stalks - leave them there and they are likely to grow more shoots later on. If you...
    Yes, nip the tops off and you'll get more growing shoots coming from lower down. With the plants that are just stalks - leave them there and they are likely to grow more shoots later on. If you have any spare seeds there is still time to plant them for a late crop if you don't get early...
    Yes, nip the tops off and you'll get more growing shoots coming from lower down. With the plants that are just stalks - leave them there and they are likely to grow more shoots later on. If you have any spare seeds there is still time to plant...
    Yes, nip the tops off and you'll get more growing shoots coming from lower down. With the plants that are just stalks - leave them there and they are likely to grow more shoots later on. If you...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. misterroy

red beetroot leaves, should be green

picked first beetroot, biggest one was 450 grams.thanks again
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Plant Potty

Pounland Mushroom boxs?

Me too, I've put it down to buying them from Sheds and them hanging about there, in extreme hot and cold, before sale. Have just bought one mail-order in the hope it would be fresh enough to work...
    Me too, I've put it down to buying them from Sheds and them hanging about there, in extreme hot and cold, before sale. Have just bought one mail-order in the hope it would be fresh enough to work better, if not this is the last one I will buy!
    Me too, I've put it down to buying them from Sheds and them hanging about there, in extreme hot and cold, before sale. Have just bought one mail-order in the hope it would be fresh enough to work better, if not this is the last one I will buy!
    Me too, I've put it down to buying them from Sheds and them hanging about there, in extreme hot and cold, before sale. Have just bought one mail-order in the hope it would be fresh enough to work...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. AndyS

Using Concrete Blocks for a raised bed - unsafe?

I just wash mine and I have no trouble ;) :whistle: :lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Kristen

Cure for Cucumber Basal Stem Rot??

Hi chums. Came back today from my hols :thumb: My Cucumber looks pretty good, as do my toms :thumb:
    Hi chums. Came back today from my hols :thumb: My Cucumber looks pretty good, as do my toms :thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Dorsetmike

Preserving mint for winter use

What time of year should you chop it down? Is now a good time?
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. sal73

Vietnamese Coriander

I didnt water mine, first the leaves fell off and then it just went dormant til about feb/march...then burst into life again,brilliant plant :blue thumb:
    I didnt water mine, first the leaves fell off and then it just went dormant til about feb/march...then burst into life again,brilliant plant :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice