1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↑
Last Message
  1. TheMadHedger

Cercospora Leaf Spot on beetroot leaves

So I have Cercospora Leaf Spot on some of my beetroot leaves - it's not bad but I've removed the affected leaves. My fault really having never grown beetroot before; the leaves have grown very...
    So I have Cercospora Leaf Spot on some of my beetroot leaves - it's not bad but I've removed the affected leaves. My fault really having never grown beetroot before; the leaves have grown very well (as have the roots) and the leaves are much too close together (I have the plants in a large...
    So I have Cercospora Leaf Spot on some of my beetroot leaves - it's not bad but I've removed the affected leaves. My fault really having never grown beetroot before; the leaves have grown very well (as have the roots) and the leaves are much too...
    So I have Cercospora Leaf Spot on some of my beetroot leaves - it's not bad but I've removed the affected leaves. My fault really having never grown beetroot before; the leaves have grown very...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. karaman

which black and very very sweet grape to grow?

I think what a lot of people don't realise is that to get good quality eating grapes you need the patience of a saint regarding thinning out.Not a job I have ever mastered, it's just too fiddly.
    I think what a lot of people don't realise is that to get good quality eating grapes you need the patience of a saint regarding thinning out.Not a job I have ever mastered, it's just too fiddly.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. rustyroots

Potatoes in bags.

keep a eye out for frost, but you must let the leaves develop more then cover and just leave the tips showing , then wait at least 7 to 10 days then cover again but leave the tips showing , carry...
    keep a eye out for frost, but you must let the leaves develop more then cover and just leave the tips showing , then wait at least 7 to 10 days then cover again but leave the tips showing , carry on doing this until they are at the top , thats what I do
    keep a eye out for frost, but you must let the leaves develop more then cover and just leave the tips showing , then wait at least 7 to 10 days then cover again but leave the tips showing , carry on doing this until they are at the top , thats...
    keep a eye out for frost, but you must let the leaves develop more then cover and just leave the tips showing , then wait at least 7 to 10 days then cover again but leave the tips showing , carry...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. "M"

My (first) success with fennel

Thanks, Scrungee :) Good tip about leaving the stems as a marker until new growth appears :dbgrtmb: Unfortunately, I didn't save any seed (bad Mum! :heehee: ) Haven't learned the art of seed saving yet.
    Thanks, Scrungee :) Good tip about leaving the stems as a marker until new growth appears :dbgrtmb: Unfortunately, I didn't save any seed (bad Mum! :heehee: ) Haven't learned the art of seed saving yet.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Johnb

Tomato seedlings

Thanks TO, I think i'm going to try the mini greenhouse. Let me know how yours get on and I'll do likewise.John
    Thanks TO, I think i'm going to try the mini greenhouse. Let me know how yours get on and I'll do likewise.John
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. CharlieBot

Raspberries in containers

Oddly I did this last year after several years poor performance in the ground. Roughly same container size, maybe bit bigger but the canes did really well with strong growth and good fruiting
    Oddly I did this last year after several years poor performance in the ground. Roughly same container size, maybe bit bigger but the canes did really well with strong growth and good fruiting
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Phil A
    Like x 6

First Strawberry flower

NICE!, Mine have only just thawed fromtheir latest solid frosting.First flower expected June.:rolleyespink:
    NICE!, Mine have only just thawed fromtheir latest solid frosting.First flower expected June.:rolleyespink:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Fat Controller

Onions - when will they be ready to harvest?

They are Ailsa Craigs - I can see the bulb on a few of them, and they aren't all that big. Ah well, I'll oik them out and use what I can.Not going to bother with them again.
    They are Ailsa Craigs - I can see the bulb on a few of them, and they aren't all that big. Ah well, I'll oik them out and use what I can.Not going to bother with them again.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Cody Wellard

Pumpkin problem

Can't help you with what the problem/cause is, but it sounds like the same thing that happened to a couple of mine last year. I reduced the amount of pumpkins on my plant down to 3 and when they...
    Can't help you with what the problem/cause is, but it sounds like the same thing that happened to a couple of mine last year. I reduced the amount of pumpkins on my plant down to 3 and when they were all about the same size as decent melons 2 went soft and eventually starting collapsing so I...
    Can't help you with what the problem/cause is, but it sounds like the same thing that happened to a couple of mine last year. I reduced the amount of pumpkins on my plant down to 3 and when they were all about the same size as decent melons 2...
    Can't help you with what the problem/cause is, but it sounds like the same thing that happened to a couple of mine last year. I reduced the amount of pumpkins on my plant down to 3 and when they...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. bexy13

Seeding Rhubarb

Rhubarb will easily go to seed, pull off the stalk or it may deplete the crown.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. leeski

Beetroot in containers

yes you can grow beetroot in containers. Plant them 7" - 8" apart.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. boebrummie

growing veg

thanks
    thanks
    thanks
    thanks
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. JohnnyMac

Runner Beans

I've still got frozen runners from last season, had a glut along with french beans, grew mine in greenhouse then transplanted, I was essentially unaffected by last summers downpours because I dug...
    I've still got frozen runners from last season, had a glut along with french beans, grew mine in greenhouse then transplanted, I was essentially unaffected by last summers downpours because I dug that much organic matter and compost into my plotDon't help I know, but I'm a novice?
    I've still got frozen runners from last season, had a glut along with french beans, grew mine in greenhouse then transplanted, I was essentially unaffected by last summers downpours because I dug that much organic matter and compost into my...
    I've still got frozen runners from last season, had a glut along with french beans, grew mine in greenhouse then transplanted, I was essentially unaffected by last summers downpours because I dug...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. golfer

Potatoes

The 22" would be fine for First Earlies, but I would stick to 12" between them.If you are talking Main Crop then I think both are too close.Put the rest of the seed tubers in containers?...
    The 22" would be fine for First Earlies, but I would stick to 12" between them.If you are talking Main Crop then I think both are too close.Put the rest of the seed tubers in containers? (and plant them NOW for an earlier crop :) )
    The 22" would be fine for First Earlies, but I would stick to 12" between them.If you are talking Main Crop then I think both are too close.Put the rest of the seed tubers in containers? (and plant them NOW for an earlier crop :) )
    The 22" would be fine for First Earlies, but I would stick to 12" between them.If you are talking Main Crop then I think both are too close.Put the rest of the seed tubers in containers?...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. CecyFleur

Epazote - a Mexican herb in London

Mr Fleur is Mexican and an amazing chef so this year I thought I'd try and grow epazote, a Mexican herb, to encourage him to make the dishes he refuses to without this little guy being available!...
    Mr Fleur is Mexican and an amazing chef so this year I thought I'd try and grow epazote, a Mexican herb, to encourage him to make the dishes he refuses to without this little guy being available!Mexican sites aren't super useful with care notes - it's pretty invasive and fast growing out...
    Mr Fleur is Mexican and an amazing chef so this year I thought I'd try and grow epazote, a Mexican herb, to encourage him to make the dishes he refuses to without this little guy being available!Mexican sites aren't super useful with care...
    Mr Fleur is Mexican and an amazing chef so this year I thought I'd try and grow epazote, a Mexican herb, to encourage him to make the dishes he refuses to without this little guy being available!...
    20200712_172607.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. GYO newbie

Cauli and Cabbage

Ok - will check and come back.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. gloria

cucumbers

With the current weather, I wouldn't put them in an unheated greenhouse. When they have a couple of proper leaves (not the ones they start with) then pot them up into small pots. I put mine into...
    With the current weather, I wouldn't put them in an unheated greenhouse. When they have a couple of proper leaves (not the ones they start with) then pot them up into small pots. I put mine into growbags when they are 6 - 10 inches tall.Good Luck
    With the current weather, I wouldn't put them in an unheated greenhouse. When they have a couple of proper leaves (not the ones they start with) then pot them up into small pots. I put mine into growbags when they are 6 - 10 inches tall.Good Luck
    With the current weather, I wouldn't put them in an unheated greenhouse. When they have a couple of proper leaves (not the ones they start with) then pot them up into small pots. I put mine into...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. *Potash*

Gloden Beetroot

Boiled and pickled yum !
    Boiled and pickled yum !
    Boiled and pickled yum !
    Boiled and pickled yum !
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. windy miller

Rampaging Runner Beans Batman!!

lol windy!
    lol windy!
    lol windy!
    lol windy!
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. barryman

Strawberries - what next????

Leave em in, they'll crop for the next 3 years and then take some more runners and replace the plants with the new ones :)
    Leave em in, they'll crop for the next 3 years and then take some more runners and replace the plants with the new ones :)
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice