1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Lolimac
    Like x 11

Rose Parterre...

Oh that's sad, my son kept chickens but the fox got them all. There is something lovely seeing chickens roaming free.
    Oh that's sad, my son kept chickens but the fox got them all. There is something lovely seeing chickens roaming free.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Arlandria
    Like x 4

Arlandria's Long-Term Garden Renovation Thread

I've bought from David Austin before and I'm pretty sure there's no way I'd have persuaded my husband to spend that on an impulse purchase 8 years ago! Pretty sure it didn't come in a branded pot...
    I've bought from David Austin before and I'm pretty sure there's no way I'd have persuaded my husband to spend that on an impulse purchase 8 years ago! Pretty sure it didn't come in a branded pot either which I know they do (these days at least). Never know though!Ooh thank you - I'll pop...
    I've bought from David Austin before and I'm pretty sure there's no way I'd have persuaded my husband to spend that on an impulse purchase 8 years ago! Pretty sure it didn't come in a branded pot either which I know they do (these days at least)....
    I've bought from David Austin before and I'm pretty sure there's no way I'd have persuaded my husband to spend that on an impulse purchase 8 years ago! Pretty sure it didn't come in a branded pot...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4.   » Normal Threads
  5. Jungle Jane
    Like x 14

My Garden's Working Progress

It would be even easier to maintain if you put slabs down instead of gravel. :blue thumb: As you don't have a large area to do you may be able to pick up some slabs cheaply. Some of the builder's merchants...
    It would be even easier to maintain if you put slabs down instead of gravel. :blue thumb: As you don't have a large area to do you may be able to pick up some slabs cheaply. Some of the builder's merchants do 'end of lines'. They're not usually real end of lines (no longer manufactured) but just what's...
    It would be even easier to maintain if you put slabs down instead of gravel. :blue thumb: As you don't have a large area to do you may be able to pick up some slabs cheaply. Some of the builder's merchants do 'end of lines'. They're not usually real end...
    It would be even easier to maintain if you put slabs down instead of gravel. :blue thumb: As you don't have a large area to do you may be able to pick up some slabs cheaply. Some of the builder's merchants...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. JWK
    Like x 4

JWK's Garden Destruction

Wow those flowers look awesome!
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. vibrating_cake
    Like x 3

My tiered garden log.

Your lawn are looks very good. I congratulate you.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. martin-f
    Like x 8

Work in progress

Yes they do S, pity there wasn't a few more but there is enough to hold back the soil where it matters, i did find some identical at a reclamation yard but they was £3 each £30 one mtr run so i...
    Yes they do S, pity there wasn't a few more but there is enough to hold back the soil where it matters, i did find some identical at a reclamation yard but they was £3 each £30 one mtr run so i will stick with the ones i have.
    Yes they do S, pity there wasn't a few more but there is enough to hold back the soil where it matters, i did find some identical at a reclamation yard but they was £3 each £30 one mtr run so i will stick with the ones i have.
    Yes they do S, pity there wasn't a few more but there is enough to hold back the soil where it matters, i did find some identical at a reclamation yard but they was £3 each £30 one mtr run so i...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. bigbore
    Like x 15

My little haven

@bigbore's garden adventures continue in a new thread - My Little Haven Part 2This thread is now closed
    @bigbore's garden adventures continue in a new thread - My Little Haven Part 2This thread is now closed
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Folly Mon
    Like x 7

Made a Start on Arbor

Thank you All for your positive and guidance to get some plants growing up itSo ideas please and don't mind a mix I have planted some I've but s bit slow growing and going :-). So suggestions...
    Thank you All for your positive and guidance to get some plants growing up itSo ideas please and don't mind a mix I have planted some I've but s bit slow growing and going :-). So suggestions would be apricated thanks in advance Nick
    Thank you All for your positive and guidance to get some plants growing up itSo ideas please and don't mind a mix I have planted some I've but s bit slow growing and going :-). So suggestions would be apricated thanks in advance Nick
    Thank you All for your positive and guidance to get some plants growing up itSo ideas please and don't mind a mix I have planted some I've but s bit slow growing and going :-). So suggestions...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Sian in Belgium
    Like x 3

new garden - deciding how to start!

I didn’t plant the chokeberry trees - I didn’t even know what they are until @Silver surfer identified them for me. They seem to pop up in the neighbourhood. So someone, a while ago, in a garden...
    I didn’t plant the chokeberry trees - I didn’t even know what they are until @Silver surfer identified them for me. They seem to pop up in the neighbourhood. So someone, a while ago, in a garden not too far away, must have planted one….! The birds love the berries, and so they get distributed....
    I didn’t plant the chokeberry trees - I didn’t even know what they are until @Silver surfer identified them for me. They seem to pop up in the neighbourhood. So someone, a while ago, in a garden not too far away, must have planted one….! The...
    I didn’t plant the chokeberry trees - I didn’t even know what they are until @Silver surfer identified them for me. They seem to pop up in the neighbourhood. So someone, a while ago, in a garden...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. nFrost
    Like x 7

nFrost Garden Journal

Thanks all. Sheal, after living with the problem for over two years now I've come to realise there's little I can do. It must be the ground water level rising with rainfall. One advantage is I...
    Thanks all. Sheal, after living with the problem for over two years now I've come to realise there's little I can do. It must be the ground water level rising with rainfall. One advantage is I never have to water the garden apart from the greenhouse and raised beds!
    Thanks all. Sheal, after living with the problem for over two years now I've come to realise there's little I can do. It must be the ground water level rising with rainfall. One advantage is I never have to water the garden apart from the...
    Thanks all. Sheal, after living with the problem for over two years now I've come to realise there's little I can do. It must be the ground water level rising with rainfall. One advantage is I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Steve R

Cumbrian Garden Project

Thanks Gorgeous ! :o
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. mgn

my garden progress thread

oh and i bought some 'throw and grow' seeds as well, and found some old ones in my cupboard. not sure if they go out of date though?got: potentila, echinops, aquilegia, dianthus, sweet sultan ...
    oh and i bought some 'throw and grow' seeds as well, and found some old ones in my cupboard. not sure if they go out of date though?got: potentila, echinops, aquilegia, dianthus, sweet sultan and sweet peas.
    oh and i bought some 'throw and grow' seeds as well, and found some old ones in my cupboard. not sure if they go out of date though?got: potentila, echinops, aquilegia, dianthus, sweet sultan and sweet peas.
    oh and i bought some 'throw and grow' seeds as well, and found some old ones in my cupboard. not sure if they go out of date though?got: potentila, echinops, aquilegia, dianthus, sweet sultan ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Webmaster

What Projects have you done/are you doing ????

:D Flowers are better than nasty flag stones any day..... Very nice... :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Sheal
    Like x 14

One year on....and beyond

Thank you Michael, Victoria and Lori for your kind words. :)Michael, it's only when I post that the thread comes back to the surface. :th scifD36:I don't know where it's gone Victoria, but if I'm honest...
    Thank you Michael, Victoria and Lori for your kind words. :)Michael, it's only when I post that the thread comes back to the surface. :th scifD36:I don't know where it's gone Victoria, but if I'm honest I'll be glad to see the back of the last eighteen months. It's been a difficult time for both...
    Thank you Michael, Victoria and Lori for your kind words. :)Michael, it's only when I post that the thread comes back to the surface. :th scifD36:I don't know where it's gone Victoria, but if I'm honest I'll be glad to see the back of the last eighteen...
    Thank you Michael, Victoria and Lori for your kind words. :)Michael, it's only when I post that the thread comes back to the surface. :th scifD36:I don't know where it's gone Victoria, but if I'm honest...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Freddy

My Garden.

oh good to know, i'll have to be careful to get the right stuff, it seems to be exactly what we need & it'd look absolutely fab to boot, i just love the woodland-y look of it :thumbsup: thank you both...
    oh good to know, i'll have to be careful to get the right stuff, it seems to be exactly what we need & it'd look absolutely fab to boot, i just love the woodland-y look of it :thumbsup: thank you both for your help it was very much appreciated :imphrt:
    oh good to know, i'll have to be careful to get the right stuff, it seems to be exactly what we need & it'd look absolutely fab to boot, i just love the woodland-y look of it :thumbsup: thank you both for your help it was very much appreciated :imphrt:
    oh good to know, i'll have to be careful to get the right stuff, it seems to be exactly what we need & it'd look absolutely fab to boot, i just love the woodland-y look of it :thumbsup: thank you both...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Snorky85
    Like x 7

Snork's Garden Redesign Project

Ok, here stipa gigantea is not prominent during the winter.....then Dogwoods take the position there. In spring the dogwoods are cut down and the stipa takes over. Currently it is over 5’ and...
    Ok, here stipa gigantea is not prominent during the winter.....then Dogwoods take the position there. In spring the dogwoods are cut down and the stipa takes over. Currently it is over 5’ and claiming the territory.:) (Will take a picture later). I also have another from division a couple of...
    Ok, here stipa gigantea is not prominent during the winter.....then Dogwoods take the position there. In spring the dogwoods are cut down and the stipa takes over. Currently it is over 5’ and claiming the territory.:) (Will take a picture...
    Ok, here stipa gigantea is not prominent during the winter.....then Dogwoods take the position there. In spring the dogwoods are cut down and the stipa takes over. Currently it is over 5’ and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Retired

Third year meadow.

Hi,Thanks @Logan yes the Alpro custard is lovely; we've been buying it for years.Thanks also for your useful suggestion; I seriously considered removing the branches nearest the bungalow but...
    Hi,Thanks @Logan yes the Alpro custard is lovely; we've been buying it for years.Thanks also for your useful suggestion; I seriously considered removing the branches nearest the bungalow but it's too dangerous given all the laurels beneath the tree; I'd have to double rope each branch; the...
    Hi,Thanks @Logan yes the Alpro custard is lovely; we've been buying it for years.Thanks also for your useful suggestion; I seriously considered removing the branches nearest the bungalow but it's too dangerous given all the laurels beneath...
    Hi,Thanks @Logan yes the Alpro custard is lovely; we've been buying it for years.Thanks also for your useful suggestion; I seriously considered removing the branches nearest the bungalow but...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Retired
    Like x 6

Suffolk Colt Mower.

Hi,I never completed this now old thread so now being driven indoors by wind and heavy rain I can spend a bit of time to update.Just for interest I made two aluminium petrol tanks; one to copy...
    Hi,I never completed this now old thread so now being driven indoors by wind and heavy rain I can spend a bit of time to update.Just for interest I made two aluminium petrol tanks; one to copy the original and the round one already shown ready for welding.After making every mistake...
    Hi,I never completed this now old thread so now being driven indoors by wind and heavy rain I can spend a bit of time to update.Just for interest I made two aluminium petrol tanks; one to copy the original and the round one already shown...
    Hi,I never completed this now old thread so now being driven indoors by wind and heavy rain I can spend a bit of time to update.Just for interest I made two aluminium petrol tanks; one to copy...
    Rufforth items_002.JPG Rufforth items_009.JPG Suffolk Colt._003.JPG Suffolk Colt._004.JPG Suffolk Colt._005.JPG Suffolk Colt._006.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Tingting44
    Like x 3

Lets see your shed's! :)

Thank you :-) im not growing anything from seed this year in hope to get the garden sorted instead and then the sheds so they may get done this year or next year. Fingers crossed
    Thank you :-) im not growing anything from seed this year in hope to get the garden sorted instead and then the sheds so they may get done this year or next year. Fingers crossed
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Sandy Ground
    Like x 4

Garden Lighting

I finally got around to buying the extra lighting I needed. There are 2 lights. One on each shed. They are battery operated and work on pir sensors. The light produced is very soft and lights the...
    I finally got around to buying the extra lighting I needed. There are 2 lights. One on each shed. They are battery operated and work on pir sensors. The light produced is very soft and lights the path (and the shed door) without lighting up the sky. So far I am very pleased with them.G.Ps...
    I finally got around to buying the extra lighting I needed. There are 2 lights. One on each shed. They are battery operated and work on pir sensors. The light produced is very soft and lights the path (and the shed door) without lighting up the...
    I finally got around to buying the extra lighting I needed. There are 2 lights. One on each shed. They are battery operated and work on pir sensors. The light produced is very soft and lights the...
    DSC00005 (2).JPG steinel-nightmatic-2000-twilight-switch-black-8505018-31.jpg 135.JPG P1020566.JPG ice lights.jpg 48A8463D-83D2-467C-B548-FF2019858084.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. youngdaisydee

Front Garden, My New Project.

Hi the graduate, are you aware this thread was started in 2009? I don't think this person visits GC anymore, sorry. :)
    Hi the graduate, are you aware this thread was started in 2009? I don't think this person visits GC anymore, sorry. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Hannah's Rose Garden

What to do next?

Just finances stopping me now. I need a tree surgeon to trim the huge holly at the back and someone to dig the big buddjlia and hydranger stumps out. Just two cottoneasters and a brut of a...
    Just finances stopping me now. I need a tree surgeon to trim the huge holly at the back and someone to dig the big buddjlia and hydranger stumps out. Just two cottoneasters and a brut of a honeysuckle to dig out now. Ive picked all my roses to put in but they are £180 bare root! I am choosing...
    Just finances stopping me now. I need a tree surgeon to trim the huge holly at the back and someone to dig the big buddjlia and hydranger stumps out. Just two cottoneasters and a brut of a honeysuckle to dig out now. Ive picked all my roses to...
    Just finances stopping me now. I need a tree surgeon to trim the huge holly at the back and someone to dig the big buddjlia and hydranger stumps out. Just two cottoneasters and a brut of a...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice