1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Lolimac
    Like x 11

Rose Parterre...

Oh that's sad, my son kept chickens but the fox got them all. There is something lovely seeing chickens roaming free.
    Oh that's sad, my son kept chickens but the fox got them all. There is something lovely seeing chickens roaming free.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Arlandria
    Like x 4

Arlandria's Long-Term Garden Renovation Thread

I've bought from David Austin before and I'm pretty sure there's no way I'd have persuaded my husband to spend that on an impulse purchase 8 years ago! Pretty sure it didn't come in a branded pot...
    I've bought from David Austin before and I'm pretty sure there's no way I'd have persuaded my husband to spend that on an impulse purchase 8 years ago! Pretty sure it didn't come in a branded pot either which I know they do (these days at least). Never know though!Ooh thank you - I'll pop...
    I've bought from David Austin before and I'm pretty sure there's no way I'd have persuaded my husband to spend that on an impulse purchase 8 years ago! Pretty sure it didn't come in a branded pot either which I know they do (these days at least)....
    I've bought from David Austin before and I'm pretty sure there's no way I'd have persuaded my husband to spend that on an impulse purchase 8 years ago! Pretty sure it didn't come in a branded pot...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4.   » Normal Threads
  5. Natalie025

Cheap patio ideas?

If you intend paving over it later, gravel would also contribute to the base layer whereas astroturf or anything else will probably have to be lifted and thrown away. Only thing is gravel won't...
    If you intend paving over it later, gravel would also contribute to the base layer whereas astroturf or anything else will probably have to be lifted and thrown away. Only thing is gravel won't allow you to wheel anything over it and can be a pain to walk on. For interest maybe you could loose...
    If you intend paving over it later, gravel would also contribute to the base layer whereas astroturf or anything else will probably have to be lifted and thrown away. Only thing is gravel won't allow you to wheel anything over it and can be a...
    If you intend paving over it later, gravel would also contribute to the base layer whereas astroturf or anything else will probably have to be lifted and thrown away. Only thing is gravel won't...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. keithhampson

best way to put up screening against a fence

Hi Keith You could put stakes in, then put trellis up and attach the screening to that? If you fasten the screening behind the trellis then you could plant a fast growing climber to cover it...
    Hi Keith You could put stakes in, then put trellis up and attach the screening to that? If you fasten the screening behind the trellis then you could plant a fast growing climber to cover it and look pretty :)
    Hi Keith You could put stakes in, then put trellis up and attach the screening to that? If you fasten the screening behind the trellis then you could plant a fast growing climber to cover it and look pretty :)
    Hi Keith You could put stakes in, then put trellis up and attach the screening to that? If you fasten the screening behind the trellis then you could plant a fast growing climber to cover it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Prkns
    Like x 8

From nothing to a garden

@Prkns, let's hope the neighbours make an effort with their gardens too :thumbsup:
    @Prkns, let's hope the neighbours make an effort with their gardens too :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Jungle Jane
    Like x 14

My Garden's Working Progress

It would be even easier to maintain if you put slabs down instead of gravel. :blue thumb: As you don't have a large area to do you may be able to pick up some slabs cheaply. Some of the builder's merchants...
    It would be even easier to maintain if you put slabs down instead of gravel. :blue thumb: As you don't have a large area to do you may be able to pick up some slabs cheaply. Some of the builder's merchants do 'end of lines'. They're not usually real end of lines (no longer manufactured) but just what's...
    It would be even easier to maintain if you put slabs down instead of gravel. :blue thumb: As you don't have a large area to do you may be able to pick up some slabs cheaply. Some of the builder's merchants do 'end of lines'. They're not usually real end...
    It would be even easier to maintain if you put slabs down instead of gravel. :blue thumb: As you don't have a large area to do you may be able to pick up some slabs cheaply. Some of the builder's merchants...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. clueless1

What's the most slippery thing I can polish wood with?

Personally I wouldn't 'paint' the slide with anything. If you want a truly durable finish begin by smoothing off the surface with a fairly coarse wire wool, and keep sanding with finer and finer...
    Personally I wouldn't 'paint' the slide with anything. If you want a truly durable finish begin by smoothing off the surface with a fairly coarse wire wool, and keep sanding with finer and finer grades (raising the grain between each sanding) until you're down to 0000 by which time the surface...
    Personally I wouldn't 'paint' the slide with anything. If you want a truly durable finish begin by smoothing off the surface with a fairly coarse wire wool, and keep sanding with finer and finer grades (raising the grain between each sanding)...
    Personally I wouldn't 'paint' the slide with anything. If you want a truly durable finish begin by smoothing off the surface with a fairly coarse wire wool, and keep sanding with finer and finer...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Spruce

Boundary Fence with trellis attached to the top !!!!

Yes and taking photos of them not clearing up the dog doo:lunapic 130165696578242 5: Shiney I have to keep the enbankment clear off dead animals is one of the stipulations !!! , no rubish or logs/branches that are left...
    Yes and taking photos of them not clearing up the dog doo:lunapic 130165696578242 5: Shiney I have to keep the enbankment clear off dead animals is one of the stipulations !!! , no rubish or logs/branches that are left after a flood apart from that about it I supose, the river banking will be getting checked...
    Yes and taking photos of them not clearing up the dog doo:lunapic 130165696578242 5: Shiney I have to keep the enbankment clear off dead animals is one of the stipulations !!! , no rubish or logs/branches that are left after a flood apart from that about it I supose, ...
    Yes and taking photos of them not clearing up the dog doo:lunapic 130165696578242 5: Shiney I have to keep the enbankment clear off dead animals is one of the stipulations !!! , no rubish or logs/branches that are left...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. JWK
    Like x 4

JWK's Garden Destruction

Wow those flowers look awesome!
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. richard6298

What ladders for cutting high hedges?

Most folk think of when you say stilts, but believe it or not, you can get "extension legs" commonly called stilts such as They really are like extension legs, complete with ankle joint (That's...
    Most folk think of when you say stilts, but believe it or not, you can get "extension legs" commonly called stilts such as They really are like extension legs, complete with ankle joint (That's part of the reason they work) Plasterers use them as they can still walk around, and reach the...
    Most folk think of when you say stilts, but believe it or not, you can get "extension legs" commonly called stilts such as They really are like extension legs, complete with ankle joint (That's part of the reason they work) Plasterers use them...
    Most folk think of when you say stilts, but believe it or not, you can get "extension legs" commonly called stilts such as They really are like extension legs, complete with ankle joint (That's...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. bigbore
    Like x 15

My little haven

@bigbore's garden adventures continue in a new thread - My Little Haven Part 2This thread is now closed
    @bigbore's garden adventures continue in a new thread - My Little Haven Part 2This thread is now closed
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Sian in Belgium
    Like x 3

new garden - deciding how to start!

I didn’t plant the chokeberry trees - I didn’t even know what they are until @Silver surfer identified them for me. They seem to pop up in the neighbourhood. So someone, a while ago, in a garden...
    I didn’t plant the chokeberry trees - I didn’t even know what they are until @Silver surfer identified them for me. They seem to pop up in the neighbourhood. So someone, a while ago, in a garden not too far away, must have planted one….! The birds love the berries, and so they get distributed....
    I didn’t plant the chokeberry trees - I didn’t even know what they are until @Silver surfer identified them for me. They seem to pop up in the neighbourhood. So someone, a while ago, in a garden not too far away, must have planted one….! The...
    I didn’t plant the chokeberry trees - I didn’t even know what they are until @Silver surfer identified them for me. They seem to pop up in the neighbourhood. So someone, a while ago, in a garden...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. cirrus

rendering a garden wall

Hi John K render does keep colour but you can paint as I have done just to keep it white. I dont see builder now to ask. It is used on outside of houses so should not crack for 10 years or more...
    Hi John K render does keep colour but you can paint as I have done just to keep it white. I dont see builder now to ask. It is used on outside of houses so should not crack for 10 years or more but just wanted to know if I could put the soil to near the top of the wall but it would be touching...
    Hi John K render does keep colour but you can paint as I have done just to keep it white. I dont see builder now to ask. It is used on outside of houses so should not crack for 10 years or more but just wanted to know if I could put the soil to...
    Hi John K render does keep colour but you can paint as I have done just to keep it white. I dont see builder now to ask. It is used on outside of houses so should not crack for 10 years or more...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Folly Mon
    Like x 7

Made a Start on Arbor

Thank you All for your positive and guidance to get some plants growing up itSo ideas please and don't mind a mix I have planted some I've but s bit slow growing and going :-). So suggestions...
    Thank you All for your positive and guidance to get some plants growing up itSo ideas please and don't mind a mix I have planted some I've but s bit slow growing and going :-). So suggestions would be apricated thanks in advance Nick
    Thank you All for your positive and guidance to get some plants growing up itSo ideas please and don't mind a mix I have planted some I've but s bit slow growing and going :-). So suggestions would be apricated thanks in advance Nick
    Thank you All for your positive and guidance to get some plants growing up itSo ideas please and don't mind a mix I have planted some I've but s bit slow growing and going :-). So suggestions...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. martin-f
    Like x 8

Work in progress

Yes they do S, pity there wasn't a few more but there is enough to hold back the soil where it matters, i did find some identical at a reclamation yard but they was £3 each £30 one mtr run so i...
    Yes they do S, pity there wasn't a few more but there is enough to hold back the soil where it matters, i did find some identical at a reclamation yard but they was £3 each £30 one mtr run so i will stick with the ones i have.
    Yes they do S, pity there wasn't a few more but there is enough to hold back the soil where it matters, i did find some identical at a reclamation yard but they was £3 each £30 one mtr run so i will stick with the ones i have.
    Yes they do S, pity there wasn't a few more but there is enough to hold back the soil where it matters, i did find some identical at a reclamation yard but they was £3 each £30 one mtr run so i...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Steve R

Cumbrian Garden Project

Thanks Gorgeous ! :o
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. vibrating_cake
    Like x 3

My tiered garden log.

Your lawn are looks very good. I congratulate you.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. nFrost
    Like x 7

nFrost Garden Journal

Thanks all. Sheal, after living with the problem for over two years now I've come to realise there's little I can do. It must be the ground water level rising with rainfall. One advantage is I...
    Thanks all. Sheal, after living with the problem for over two years now I've come to realise there's little I can do. It must be the ground water level rising with rainfall. One advantage is I never have to water the garden apart from the greenhouse and raised beds!
    Thanks all. Sheal, after living with the problem for over two years now I've come to realise there's little I can do. It must be the ground water level rising with rainfall. One advantage is I never have to water the garden apart from the...
    Thanks all. Sheal, after living with the problem for over two years now I've come to realise there's little I can do. It must be the ground water level rising with rainfall. One advantage is I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. clum111

Whats plants are there to go in a Japanese Garden?

That's looking good clum. I was only wondering today how you are getting on. The planter is looking cool in that black. So what is going in your planter ? I like you potted plants, and that...
    That's looking good clum. I was only wondering today how you are getting on. The planter is looking cool in that black. So what is going in your planter ? I like you potted plants, and that wisteria looks really good. gazania
    That's looking good clum. I was only wondering today how you are getting on. The planter is looking cool in that black. So what is going in your planter ? I like you potted plants, and that wisteria looks really good. gazania
    That's looking good clum. I was only wondering today how you are getting on. The planter is looking cool in that black. So what is going in your planter ? I like you potted plants, and that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Freddy

My Garden.

oh good to know, i'll have to be careful to get the right stuff, it seems to be exactly what we need & it'd look absolutely fab to boot, i just love the woodland-y look of it :thumbsup: thank you both...
    oh good to know, i'll have to be careful to get the right stuff, it seems to be exactly what we need & it'd look absolutely fab to boot, i just love the woodland-y look of it :thumbsup: thank you both for your help it was very much appreciated :imphrt:
    oh good to know, i'll have to be careful to get the right stuff, it seems to be exactly what we need & it'd look absolutely fab to boot, i just love the woodland-y look of it :thumbsup: thank you both for your help it was very much appreciated :imphrt:
    oh good to know, i'll have to be careful to get the right stuff, it seems to be exactly what we need & it'd look absolutely fab to boot, i just love the woodland-y look of it :thumbsup: thank you both...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Retired
    Like x 6

Suffolk Colt Mower.

Hi,I never completed this now old thread so now being driven indoors by wind and heavy rain I can spend a bit of time to update.Just for interest I made two aluminium petrol tanks; one to copy...
    Hi,I never completed this now old thread so now being driven indoors by wind and heavy rain I can spend a bit of time to update.Just for interest I made two aluminium petrol tanks; one to copy the original and the round one already shown ready for welding.After making every mistake...
    Hi,I never completed this now old thread so now being driven indoors by wind and heavy rain I can spend a bit of time to update.Just for interest I made two aluminium petrol tanks; one to copy the original and the round one already shown...
    Hi,I never completed this now old thread so now being driven indoors by wind and heavy rain I can spend a bit of time to update.Just for interest I made two aluminium petrol tanks; one to copy...
    Rufforth items_002.JPG Rufforth items_009.JPG Suffolk Colt._003.JPG Suffolk Colt._004.JPG Suffolk Colt._005.JPG Suffolk Colt._006.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. snapshot26

Fence paint - red or not?

I used a golden oak colour "own brand" bought from Wicks on the summer house and fence on one side of the garden with forest green on the other side. The golden oak fence is new but I don't think...
    I used a golden oak colour "own brand" bought from Wicks on the summer house and fence on one side of the garden with forest green on the other side. The golden oak fence is new but I don't think that the older green fence has long to go before it falls apart and needs replacing. . . .
    I used a golden oak colour "own brand" bought from Wicks on the summer house and fence on one side of the garden with forest green on the other side. The golden oak fence is new but I don't think that the older green fence has long to go before...
    I used a golden oak colour "own brand" bought from Wicks on the summer house and fence on one side of the garden with forest green on the other side. The golden oak fence is new but I don't think...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice