Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: What’s looking good in February 2020 shiney, Feb 24, 2020 at 5:17 PM
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Disability gardening Dai007, Sep 20, 2019
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Best Supplier Of Compost 2020 Cuttings, Feb 24, 2020 at 5:01 PM
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
    Latest: Olive tree problem.... anyone know what this is? DMM, Feb 24, 2020 at 2:54 PM
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Price calculations Scrungee, Feb 24, 2020 at 2:06 PM
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
    Latest: Fruit preserving season Jiffy, Aug 22, 2019
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

New Photo Comp.!

:spinning: Hi everyone I just wanted to tell you about our new photo Comp... Please look here to enter........ :spinning: 30 DAY PHOTO CHALLENGE..! (JUNE)
    :spinning: Hi everyone I just wanted to tell you about our new photo Comp... Please look here to enter........ :spinning: 30 DAY PHOTO CHALLENGE..! (JUNE)
    Replies:
    Views:
  3.   » Normal Threads
  4. roders
    Like x 4

BBC Gardeners World returns.

Yay! Love GW. Love Nigel and Nell too.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Sienna's Blossom

What tree or large shrub will compliment my cottage style front garden

Love the Choisya in flower @shiney looks lovely.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. mazambo

Overwintered Brugmansia

Thanks @pete will do just that:blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. deejonny

Clay soil in a new build and hard aggregate below the clay

It looks like that's going to be a sod. A rotavator will loosen things up to help you with the double-digging, but it's still going to be hard work. My first garden was worse than that though -...
    It looks like that's going to be a sod. A rotavator will loosen things up to help you with the double-digging, but it's still going to be hard work. My first garden was worse than that though - take your soil and then let it fester for 20 years, basically - and double-digging plus plenty of...
    It looks like that's going to be a sod. A rotavator will loosen things up to help you with the double-digging, but it's still going to be hard work. My first garden was worse than that though - take your soil and then let it fester for 20 years,...
    It looks like that's going to be a sod. A rotavator will loosen things up to help you with the double-digging, but it's still going to be hard work. My first garden was worse than that though -...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Ryn

Pussy willow Pruning info

Thank you very much Sian... That is very helpful. Sure will do what's best for my plant.
    Thank you very much Sian... That is very helpful. Sure will do what's best for my plant.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. miraflores

Edgeworthia from seed

NO. Sow seed in pots/containers in autumn and place in a coldframe. Cuttings of semi-ripe growth can be taken and potted etc and likewise be placed in a cold frame.
    NO. Sow seed in pots/containers in autumn and place in a coldframe. Cuttings of semi-ripe growth can be taken and potted etc and likewise be placed in a cold frame.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. roders

Fruit and Veg.Quiz.

Got it! :biggrin: Still slightly on a cheating side as the clue points towards a single word... Upsydaisy would still be quite good methinks :noidea:I'm loving this quiz, thanks @roders :)
    Got it! :biggrin: Still slightly on a cheating side as the clue points towards a single word... Upsydaisy would still be quite good methinks :noidea:I'm loving this quiz, thanks @roders :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Mike Allen

DWP.

In April I got an increase in my pension from them of over two pound a month so I suppose they will want some of it back so they can pay you! :old:
    In April I got an increase in my pension from them of over two pound a month so I suppose they will want some of it back so they can pay you! :old:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Nor

Planting advice needed please

Thanks Ricky 101, I'll have a look at the link you sent for sweet peas. I've been looking at the David Austin website for the roses and the pot grown ones are expensive.I have only really seen...
    Thanks Ricky 101, I'll have a look at the link you sent for sweet peas. I've been looking at the David Austin website for the roses and the pot grown ones are expensive.I have only really seen lavender at garden centres when it's in flower, but yes I will check it out at other times and see...
    Thanks Ricky 101, I'll have a look at the link you sent for sweet peas. I've been looking at the David Austin website for the roses and the pot grown ones are expensive.I have only really seen lavender at garden centres when it's in flower,...
    Thanks Ricky 101, I'll have a look at the link you sent for sweet peas. I've been looking at the David Austin website for the roses and the pot grown ones are expensive.I have only really seen...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. miraflores

Blade strimmer and hedge trimmer...suggestions.

Can you suggest me 1) a blade strimmer easy to handle not heavy and preferably not petrol run 2) hedge trimmer (also suitable for fine topiary purposes) nothing big as I dont like vibrations nor...
    Can you suggest me 1) a blade strimmer easy to handle not heavy and preferably not petrol run 2) hedge trimmer (also suitable for fine topiary purposes) nothing big as I dont like vibrations nor holding big machines.
    Can you suggest me 1) a blade strimmer easy to handle not heavy and preferably not petrol run 2) hedge trimmer (also suitable for fine topiary purposes) nothing big as I dont like vibrations nor holding big machines.
    Can you suggest me 1) a blade strimmer easy to handle not heavy and preferably not petrol run 2) hedge trimmer (also suitable for fine topiary purposes) nothing big as I dont like vibrations nor...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Craig1987

Local Chrysanthemum growers

Ah brilliant! I'll try to get a copy tomorrowThanks for the heads up
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Rissons

Planting conifers

Hi,Whatever Conifer or hedging you go for you can get bare rooted which are normal only sold to be planted between November and March -ish, weather permitting or as pot grown which can go in...
    Hi,Whatever Conifer or hedging you go for you can get bare rooted which are normal only sold to be planted between November and March -ish, weather permitting or as pot grown which can go in anytime of the year.As mentioned before Conifers will take some years to grow together to form a...
    Hi,Whatever Conifer or hedging you go for you can get bare rooted which are normal only sold to be planted between November and March -ish, weather permitting or as pot grown which can go in anytime of the year.As mentioned before Conifers...
    Hi,Whatever Conifer or hedging you go for you can get bare rooted which are normal only sold to be planted between November and March -ish, weather permitting or as pot grown which can go in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Jannt86

Have I killed my fruit tree??

You may just have a high water table - so no amount of drainage is going to be effective - when it rains heavily, your soil will get a good soaking.A bit more info. Your dwarf M26 root stock...
    You may just have a high water table - so no amount of drainage is going to be effective - when it rains heavily, your soil will get a good soaking.A bit more info. Your dwarf M26 root stock apples will need to be permanently staked. They cannot develop a root system which will keep them...
    You may just have a high water table - so no amount of drainage is going to be effective - when it rains heavily, your soil will get a good soaking.A bit more info. Your dwarf M26 root stock apples will need to be permanently staked. They...
    You may just have a high water table - so no amount of drainage is going to be effective - when it rains heavily, your soil will get a good soaking.A bit more info. Your dwarf M26 root stock...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Phil Clark

Starting a veg patch

Perhaps an Admin might take a look and see whats wrong ..You could try taking screen shots of them on your PC and just uploading the Jpegs instead ...?
    Perhaps an Admin might take a look and see whats wrong ..You could try taking screen shots of them on your PC and just uploading the Jpegs instead ...?
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Darren2993

Dahlia Crown Gall??

@Darren2993That always seems to be the way, unfortunately. I don't think I would risk it the chance of spreading it would be too high. Dahlias are not that expensive to get new plants of and if...
    @Darren2993That always seems to be the way, unfortunately. I don't think I would risk it the chance of spreading it would be too high. Dahlias are not that expensive to get new plants of and if you want several then have a look at Dahlia Flower Plants and Tubers | Woolmans or Home - Halls of...
    @Darren2993That always seems to be the way, unfortunately. I don't think I would risk it the chance of spreading it would be too high. Dahlias are not that expensive to get new plants of and if you want several then have a look at Dahlia...
    @Darren2993That always seems to be the way, unfortunately. I don't think I would risk it the chance of spreading it would be too high. Dahlias are not that expensive to get new plants of and if...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. ennnceee

Viola now?

When the garden centres and online are selling bedding plants now, it's time to plant them now.
    When the garden centres and online are selling bedding plants now, it's time to plant them now.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Mr.Bump

Potentilla Hedge Q'

Many thanks I'll do that, just seems very brutal to cut so much off..
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Michael Hewett

Rhubarb

Thank you @NigelJ That is very helpful. It means I can plant it in the place I had in mind :)
    Thank you @NigelJ That is very helpful. It means I can plant it in the place I had in mind :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Big Gaz

Fruit tree advice

Yes, espaliers are lovely when they're well trained, very productive too. But they take years to form (unless you buy a ready-made) so it's a wise choice to start with the cordons.
    Yes, espaliers are lovely when they're well trained, very productive too. But they take years to form (unless you buy a ready-made) so it's a wise choice to start with the cordons.
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Reddwarf4ever

Need advice on how to restrict plant spreading

Doesn't look to me like a spider plant (=Chlorophytum, as in link above) but rather a Phalaris known as gardener's garters:I have it here growing in a lined tank filled mostly with gravel + a...
    Doesn't look to me like a spider plant (=Chlorophytum, as in link above) but rather a Phalaris known as gardener's garters:I have it here growing in a lined tank filled mostly with gravel + a bit of earth next to my garden pond, together with some ferns. It does spread rapidly so confining it...
    Doesn't look to me like a spider plant (=Chlorophytum, as in link above) but rather a Phalaris known as gardener's garters:I have it here growing in a lined tank filled mostly with gravel + a bit of earth next to my garden pond, together with...
    Doesn't look to me like a spider plant (=Chlorophytum, as in link above) but rather a Phalaris known as gardener's garters:I have it here growing in a lined tank filled mostly with gravel + a...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice