1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: What's looking good APRIL 2024 Plantminded, Apr 26, 2024 at 9:59 AM
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Arthritis and garden tools pete, Jan 10, 2024
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Which soil improver? fairygirl, Apr 24, 2024 at 7:27 PM
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: My Little Haven Part 2 flounder, Apr 4, 2024
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
    Latest: Best tool for trimming edges of lawn amancalledgeorge, Apr 22, 2024 at 12:27 PM
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Cuttings that root in water flounder, Mar 31, 2024
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Oh Dear! Dovefromabove, Apr 26, 2024 at 10:08 AM
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. arwyn

fuchsias

Hi arwing, here is some advice about fuchsias...(you will need to zoom in though, as the prints is quite small)http://www.lillymiller.com/fuchsia_tips.html
    Hi arwing, here is some advice about fuchsias...(you will need to zoom in though, as the prints is quite small)http://www.lillymiller.com/fuchsia_tips.html
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Pauline Adams

Begonias

Thanks Pete!
    Thanks Pete!
    Thanks Pete!
    Thanks Pete!
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. The Skiver

Wormery

I've recently bought a shredder for all our confidential docs, and I understand you can use that in a wormery too. I rather like the can o worms one but it's very expensive. I might ask for one...
    I've recently bought a shredder for all our confidential docs, and I understand you can use that in a wormery too. I rather like the can o worms one but it's very expensive. I might ask for one for my birthday!
    I've recently bought a shredder for all our confidential docs, and I understand you can use that in a wormery too. I rather like the can o worms one but it's very expensive. I might ask for one for my birthday!
    I've recently bought a shredder for all our confidential docs, and I understand you can use that in a wormery too. I rather like the can o worms one but it's very expensive. I might ask for one...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Daisies

my airplant

That's a really useful site, MMD - many thanks for the link. Like so many people, I thought misting them was what was needed...... Oh, well..... Now I know better! :D
    That's a really useful site, MMD - many thanks for the link. Like so many people, I thought misting them was what was needed...... Oh, well..... Now I know better! :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. mowgley

pruning fuchsia

Well done larkshall.
    Well done larkshall.
    Well done larkshall.
    Well done larkshall.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Jackie

New website for community gardening scheme

I know Writtle! I used to live in Harlow and did my counselling course there at the Writtle Foundation. A really lovely little village, sadly at risk of being absorbed into Chelsmford.Lovely...
    I know Writtle! I used to live in Harlow and did my counselling course there at the Writtle Foundation. A really lovely little village, sadly at risk of being absorbed into Chelsmford.Lovely Website as well, Jackie. Well done!(BTW - where's the guestbook? I didn't see it.)
    I know Writtle! I used to live in Harlow and did my counselling course there at the Writtle Foundation. A really lovely little village, sadly at risk of being absorbed into Chelsmford.Lovely Website as well, Jackie. Well done!(BTW - where's...
    I know Writtle! I used to live in Harlow and did my counselling course there at the Writtle Foundation. A really lovely little village, sadly at risk of being absorbed into Chelsmford.Lovely...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. petal

Amaryllis

you are welcome, mef750...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Lynda

Gardening rates

Now an update to this. My friend came last year and, as expected, flatly refused to accept more than �£5 per hour - he even insisted on giving me back the �£5 extra I paid him one day! He...
    Now an update to this. My friend came last year and, as expected, flatly refused to accept more than �£5 per hour - he even insisted on giving me back the �£5 extra I paid him one day! He knows I am on a low income (although I have savings) and says his rates vary according to how...
    Now an update to this. My friend came last year and, as expected, flatly refused to accept more than �£5 per hour - he even insisted on giving me back the �£5 extra I paid him one day! He knows I am on a low income (although I have...
    Now an update to this. My friend came last year and, as expected, flatly refused to accept more than �£5 per hour - he even insisted on giving me back the �£5 extra I paid him one day! He...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. TARTAN TERROR

NEED HELP JUST NEW TO THE GARDENING GAME

ours blew over with just a mild breeze so I put a large paving slab on the bottom shelf! that did the trickShaun www.staffordspringgardenshow.co.uk
    ours blew over with just a mild breeze so I put a large paving slab on the bottom shelf! that did the trickShaun www.staffordspringgardenshow.co.uk
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Liz

1/2 price seeds from T&M

my order was only small, but i still got my free packet of seed worth �£7:99 for the second year! also they sent 2 packs of another free seed instead of just 1. i will keep doing the same each...
    my order was only small, but i still got my free packet of seed worth �£7:99 for the second year! also they sent 2 packs of another free seed instead of just 1. i will keep doing the same each year as long as its still running. also they turn the order around pretty quick! not like another...
    my order was only small, but i still got my free packet of seed worth �£7:99 for the second year! also they sent 2 packs of another free seed instead of just 1. i will keep doing the same each year as long as its still running. also they turn...
    my order was only small, but i still got my free packet of seed worth �£7:99 for the second year! also they sent 2 packs of another free seed instead of just 1. i will keep doing the same each...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Boveytracey

Rain water in the water butt

We only burn wood and this is the charcoal that we have used in the past.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Dave_In_His_Garden

My Patio

Hi DaveI look in on this thread regularly to catch up on progress.I am looking for a guest author to contribute to my site.If there is a passionate amateur or professional who can write...
    Hi DaveI look in on this thread regularly to catch up on progress.I am looking for a guest author to contribute to my site.If there is a passionate amateur or professional who can write something with maybe some photos then I would be happy to put it on my site.Drop me a lineThanks Juicer
    Hi DaveI look in on this thread regularly to catch up on progress.I am looking for a guest author to contribute to my site.If there is a passionate amateur or professional who can write something with maybe some photos then I would be happy...
    Hi DaveI look in on this thread regularly to catch up on progress.I am looking for a guest author to contribute to my site.If there is a passionate amateur or professional who can write...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Liz

Ready for winter....and broke

Well then you need to change it - ain't no point in continuing a job you hate.When I considered stopping, after working out my finances, my plan was travel in my motorhome, garden/house,...
    Well then you need to change it - ain't no point in continuing a job you hate.When I considered stopping, after working out my finances, my plan was travel in my motorhome, garden/house, genealogy, get involved in my village, and if I became bored with that, then Citizen's Advise Bureau - or...
    Well then you need to change it - ain't no point in continuing a job you hate.When I considered stopping, after working out my finances, my plan was travel in my motorhome, garden/house, genealogy, get involved in my village, and if I became...
    Well then you need to change it - ain't no point in continuing a job you hate.When I considered stopping, after working out my finances, my plan was travel in my motorhome, garden/house,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. barneyb

Protecting potted plants from slugs and snails

I take the snails and slugs on a permanent holiday - anywhere up to a mile away!
    I take the snails and slugs on a permanent holiday - anywhere up to a mile away!
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Fran

Midge repellant

I spet a day in my polyt over the weekend and i got the facial bites to prove it. There are also very active clouds of buzzing midges in gardens where i work, but the old tea tree and citronella...
    I spet a day in my polyt over the weekend and i got the facial bites to prove it. There are also very active clouds of buzzing midges in gardens where i work, but the old tea tree and citronella have been mixed and are now being dabbed all over the exposed bits. :D :D
    I spet a day in my polyt over the weekend and i got the facial bites to prove it. There are also very active clouds of buzzing midges in gardens where i work, but the old tea tree and citronella have been mixed and are now being dabbed all over...
    I spet a day in my polyt over the weekend and i got the facial bites to prove it. There are also very active clouds of buzzing midges in gardens where i work, but the old tea tree and citronella...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. r2oo

Want to have a go at propagating seed!

Ok, ignore me...just seen the info....sorry
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. r2oo

Is it too late to plant bulbs?

Those are the babies!....Fingers crossed for a batch like those..
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Platanoides

Leycesteria Formosa

Thank you for the offer Blackthorn, I'll let you know how it goes.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Victoria

Cobea .. Cup and Saucer Plant

You could get at least four packs of seeds out of one pod ... think of the money "they" are making?When I'm not painting, should I ....... ????? :rolleyes:
    You could get at least four packs of seeds out of one pod ... think of the money "they" are making?When I'm not painting, should I ....... ????? :rolleyes:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Whiley

Highly scented indoor plants

now with this environmental friendly this and that, the air fresheners will soon disappear
    now with this environmental friendly this and that, the air fresheners will soon disappear
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice