Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: What are we doing in the garden 2024 Mrs. B., Mar 28, 2024 at 11:04 PM
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Arthritis and garden tools pete, Jan 10, 2024
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Miracle Gro MPC - avoid! gks, Mar 28, 2024 at 11:26 PM
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Slow and steady - Beginner :-) AnniD, Mar 28, 2024 at 10:30 AM
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
    Latest: Irrigation system Fat Controller, Mar 24, 2024 at 8:47 PM
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Cuttings that root in water flounder, Mar 28, 2024 at 8:31 PM
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Got new pullets noisette47, Jul 30, 2023
Sort By:
Title
Replies ↑ Views
Last Message
  1. robbo

Bay tree.

Got a couple of bay trees in containers at the front of my property, situated on the north east coast they often get the brunt of cold north easterly winds and dònt get any sun till about 2.00pm,...
    Got a couple of bay trees in containers at the front of my property, situated on the north east coast they often get the brunt of cold north easterly winds and dònt get any sun till about 2.00pm, sadly they look like there not happy in those conditions, any suggestions of other container trees...
    Got a couple of bay trees in containers at the front of my property, situated on the north east coast they often get the brunt of cold north easterly winds and dònt get any sun till about 2.00pm, sadly they look like there not happy in those...
    Got a couple of bay trees in containers at the front of my property, situated on the north east coast they often get the brunt of cold north easterly winds and dònt get any sun till about 2.00pm,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Kermitxyz

Are my bay trees dead?

This is my first post so hello to everyone.Please could someone offer an opinion as to whether my bay trees are dead? They have never looked like this and I wonder if the very cold December...
    This is my first post so hello to everyone.Please could someone offer an opinion as to whether my bay trees are dead? They have never looked like this and I wonder if the very cold December weather has killed them.I have snapped off the dead wood, what remains bends rather than snaps, so I...
    This is my first post so hello to everyone.Please could someone offer an opinion as to whether my bay trees are dead? They have never looked like this and I wonder if the very cold December weather has killed them.I have snapped off the dead...
    This is my first post so hello to everyone.Please could someone offer an opinion as to whether my bay trees are dead? They have never looked like this and I wonder if the very cold December...
    bay1.jpg bay2.jpg bay3.jpg bay4.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Janet mahay

Acer

Hi the sun shrilled most of my plants and I thought the acer gone but after the rain we had its come back to.life much better than I thought. but I would like to take a cutting but I think at...
    Hi the sun shrilled most of my plants and I thought the acer gone but after the rain we had its come back to.life much better than I thought. but I would like to take a cutting but I think at the moment maybe its to soon its only a 14 months old also when I do take a cutting what the best way ...
    Hi the sun shrilled most of my plants and I thought the acer gone but after the rain we had its come back to.life much better than I thought. but I would like to take a cutting but I think at the moment maybe its to soon its only a 14 months...
    Hi the sun shrilled most of my plants and I thought the acer gone but after the rain we had its come back to.life much better than I thought. but I would like to take a cutting but I think at...
    IMG_20220929_170910.jpg IMG_20220929_170953.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Michael Hewett

Leucothoe

I don't know what to do about this Leucothoe, it is in a pot and has grown quite big. It is 3 feet across. It looks quite sickly to me, Should I cut it back, should I feed it ?
    I don't know what to do about this Leucothoe, it is in a pot and has grown quite big. It is 3 feet across. It looks quite sickly to me, Should I cut it back, should I feed it ?
    127_1037.JPG 127_1038.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Cordy

Euphorbias; Free to Good Home

Ascot Rainbow, bought from B & Q a couple of years ago Healthy plants Collect from Wigan, 2 miles from M6 4 available 2 plants per personcapital one bank atm near me
    Ascot Rainbow, bought from B & Q a couple of years ago Healthy plants Collect from Wigan, 2 miles from M6 4 available 2 plants per personcapital one bank atm near me
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. JWK

North facing bed next to house recommendations

I have revamped my front garden and have 3 small beds beside the front door and steps. The beds are about 5 ft long by 2 ft wide. They are in full shade. I want fragrant plants for winter and...
    I have revamped my front garden and have 3 small beds beside the front door and steps. The beds are about 5 ft long by 2 ft wide. They are in full shade. I want fragrant plants for winter and spring scents and colour. I am thinking of a daphne which do well here in my back south facing garden,...
    I have revamped my front garden and have 3 small beds beside the front door and steps. The beds are about 5 ft long by 2 ft wide. They are in full shade. I want fragrant plants for winter and spring scents and colour. I am thinking of a daphne...
    I have revamped my front garden and have 3 small beds beside the front door and steps. The beds are about 5 ft long by 2 ft wide. They are in full shade. I want fragrant plants for winter and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. learningardener

camelia getting new leaves and some tiny ones died!!

my camelia is getting new leaves and some new leaves little ones are dying off!! can you tell me whats the matter pls?? thanks greatly appreciated,,
    my camelia is getting new leaves and some new leaves little ones are dying off!! can you tell me whats the matter pls?? thanks greatly appreciated,,
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. weas3l

Peony Rotting

I have a peony Bowl of Beauty growing in my gardening. It has bloomed brilliantly each year but I've noticed that there are only three stems growing through this year and when I've tidied all...
    I have a peony Bowl of Beauty growing in my gardening. It has bloomed brilliantly each year but I've noticed that there are only three stems growing through this year and when I've tidied all the old dried dead stems away some of the main plant has come away and appears to be rotten. Is this...
    I have a peony Bowl of Beauty growing in my gardening. It has bloomed brilliantly each year but I've noticed that there are only three stems growing through this year and when I've tidied all the old dried dead stems away some of the main plant...
    I have a peony Bowl of Beauty growing in my gardening. It has bloomed brilliantly each year but I've noticed that there are only three stems growing through this year and when I've tidied all...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. BathVine

Indoor Grapevine Fungal / Mildew Care?

HelloI’m a complete novice gardener, so all/any help appreciated on this matter, thanks!I have a very old grape vine that is growing in my conservatory. The root is planted outside and the...
    HelloI’m a complete novice gardener, so all/any help appreciated on this matter, thanks!I have a very old grape vine that is growing in my conservatory. The root is planted outside and the vine comes through the wall and grows up around inside of the roof.I’ve owned the house for 20...
    HelloI’m a complete novice gardener, so all/any help appreciated on this matter, thanks!I have a very old grape vine that is growing in my conservatory. The root is planted outside and the vine comes through the wall and grows up around...
    HelloI’m a complete novice gardener, so all/any help appreciated on this matter, thanks!I have a very old grape vine that is growing in my conservatory. The root is planted outside and the...
    upload_2021-3-27_11-36-42.jpeg 47B4A18E-ADC0-4C64-8A8B-0AE587532A3C.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Param

Waterlogged garden

Hi fellow garden gurus We have waterlogged garden and was wondering what can I do to remedy it? We had our conservatory roof installed so the roofers were walking on the garden for couple...
    Hi fellow garden gurus We have waterlogged garden and was wondering what can I do to remedy it? We had our conservatory roof installed so the roofers were walking on the garden for couple of days on the lawn. It looks like since than it has made things very bad. If you need some pictures...
    Hi fellow garden gurus We have waterlogged garden and was wondering what can I do to remedy it? We had our conservatory roof installed so the roofers were walking on the garden for couple of days on the lawn. It looks like since than it...
    Hi fellow garden gurus We have waterlogged garden and was wondering what can I do to remedy it? We had our conservatory roof installed so the roofers were walking on the garden for couple...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Hazel Twigg

Campanula persicifolia division

I have several Fairy Bells and one of the clumps has not flowered this year as it needs some division. I would like to divide now rather than wait till Autumn as I am working on a rockery and a...
    I have several Fairy Bells and one of the clumps has not flowered this year as it needs some division. I would like to divide now rather than wait till Autumn as I am working on a rockery and a piece of this would be ideal in a central position. Have heard this plant likes well drained soil so...
    I have several Fairy Bells and one of the clumps has not flowered this year as it needs some division. I would like to divide now rather than wait till Autumn as I am working on a rockery and a piece of this would be ideal in a central position....
    I have several Fairy Bells and one of the clumps has not flowered this year as it needs some division. I would like to divide now rather than wait till Autumn as I am working on a rockery and a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Lee Savage

Plant pots and planters

Hi all,not sure which bit this should be posted in or if it is even relevant for this forum.does anyone have any good websites or online shops for plant pots and planters that are reasonable....
    Hi all,not sure which bit this should be posted in or if it is even relevant for this forum.does anyone have any good websites or online shops for plant pots and planters that are reasonable. I need various plant pots from large ones for my Acer to trough like planters for under my...
    Hi all,not sure which bit this should be posted in or if it is even relevant for this forum.does anyone have any good websites or online shops for plant pots and planters that are reasonable. I need various plant pots from large ones for my...
    Hi all,not sure which bit this should be posted in or if it is even relevant for this forum.does anyone have any good websites or online shops for plant pots and planters that are reasonable....
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Nicole Lane

Evergreen and Flower climber combinations for east facing front of house

Hi,I am very new to gardening, live in Suffolk and have a south-east gable wall that i would like to grow an evergreen and flowering combination of climbers. (see attached picture).I would...
    Hi,I am very new to gardening, live in Suffolk and have a south-east gable wall that i would like to grow an evergreen and flowering combination of climbers. (see attached picture).I would like to keep the wall green all year round and have a lot of flowers during spring and summer. Is a...
    Hi,I am very new to gardening, live in Suffolk and have a south-east gable wall that i would like to grow an evergreen and flowering combination of climbers. (see attached picture).I would like to keep the wall green all year round and have a...
    Hi,I am very new to gardening, live in Suffolk and have a south-east gable wall that i would like to grow an evergreen and flowering combination of climbers. (see attached picture).I would...
    Front of house.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Ktgit121

Lonicer problem

Hi Ive got a lonicera henryi To go over an arch...but its not looking well. Some of the leaves are curling in and a little black. I do have it in a large container as the ground not good,ive...
    Hi Ive got a lonicera henryi To go over an arch...but its not looking well. Some of the leaves are curling in and a little black. I do have it in a large container as the ground not good,ive sprayed it both with a fungicide and also a pesticide spray but still not happy.. Any advice would be...
    Hi Ive got a lonicera henryi To go over an arch...but its not looking well. Some of the leaves are curling in and a little black. I do have it in a large container as the ground not good,ive sprayed it both with a fungicide and also a pesticide...
    Hi Ive got a lonicera henryi To go over an arch...but its not looking well. Some of the leaves are curling in and a little black. I do have it in a large container as the ground not good,ive...
    20200430_143304.jpg 20200430_143246.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. kriss

Jasmine Dying back

My jasmine seems to have been slowly turning brown and dying back for 2 years.I don’t know if the stone wall it is against us drawing all the water out from it’s routes. If anything, I feel I...
    My jasmine seems to have been slowly turning brown and dying back for 2 years.I don’t know if the stone wall it is against us drawing all the water out from it’s routes. If anything, I feel I water it too much.Anyone else had a similar problem? The top of it is filled with buds but I saw...
    My jasmine seems to have been slowly turning brown and dying back for 2 years.I don’t know if the stone wall it is against us drawing all the water out from it’s routes. If anything, I feel I water it too much.Anyone else had a similar...
    My jasmine seems to have been slowly turning brown and dying back for 2 years.I don’t know if the stone wall it is against us drawing all the water out from it’s routes. If anything, I feel I...
    4D2E7050-EC88-449C-AD1D-3AD50DC037A8.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Jodi Dickinson

Youtube videos

I am thinking of making some youtube videos about gardening. What would people like to see?
    I am thinking of making some youtube videos about gardening. What would people like to see?
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Sulia

Lugworms or just worms.

My husband started a wormery for his fishing a few years back, then neglected it, due to ill health, but the worms didn't mind, now they are everywhere. And I mean everywhere. Good for the garden....
    My husband started a wormery for his fishing a few years back, then neglected it, due to ill health, but the worms didn't mind, now they are everywhere. And I mean everywhere. Good for the garden. Have managed to get hold of some compost, bit of a struggle, need around 350 litres of the stuff,...
    My husband started a wormery for his fishing a few years back, then neglected it, due to ill health, but the worms didn't mind, now they are everywhere. And I mean everywhere. Good for the garden. Have managed to get hold of some compost, bit of...
    My husband started a wormery for his fishing a few years back, then neglected it, due to ill health, but the worms didn't mind, now they are everywhere. And I mean everywhere. Good for the garden....
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. roders
    Funny x 7

Gardening is all about sex....apparently.

Just a bit of a break from the virus.Someone’s analogy of the sexual activity of our plants.Annuals live life in the fast lane ,with no time for decorum ,they want to find a mate in record...
    Just a bit of a break from the virus.Someone’s analogy of the sexual activity of our plants.Annuals live life in the fast lane ,with no time for decorum ,they want to find a mate in record time.Petals like gorgeously colourful party frocks ,are designed to get bees in a frenzy ,the brazen...
    Just a bit of a break from the virus.Someone’s analogy of the sexual activity of our plants.Annuals live life in the fast lane ,with no time for decorum ,they want to find a mate in record time.Petals like gorgeously colourful party frocks...
    Just a bit of a break from the virus.Someone’s analogy of the sexual activity of our plants.Annuals live life in the fast lane ,with no time for decorum ,they want to find a mate in record...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. miraflores

Blade strimmer and hedge trimmer...suggestions.

Can you suggest me 1) a blade strimmer easy to handle not heavy and preferably not petrol run 2) hedge trimmer (also suitable for fine topiary purposes) nothing big as I dont like vibrations nor...
    Can you suggest me 1) a blade strimmer easy to handle not heavy and preferably not petrol run 2) hedge trimmer (also suitable for fine topiary purposes) nothing big as I dont like vibrations nor holding big machines.
    Can you suggest me 1) a blade strimmer easy to handle not heavy and preferably not petrol run 2) hedge trimmer (also suitable for fine topiary purposes) nothing big as I dont like vibrations nor holding big machines.
    Can you suggest me 1) a blade strimmer easy to handle not heavy and preferably not petrol run 2) hedge trimmer (also suitable for fine topiary purposes) nothing big as I dont like vibrations nor...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Eden1

Weeding around Campanula Catharina

I was doing some weeding today and have noticed these light green plants growing around my Campanula Catharina. I'm pretty sure its a weed but I've been told Campanula will spread and I don't...
    I was doing some weeding today and have noticed these light green plants growing around my Campanula Catharina. I'm pretty sure its a weed but I've been told Campanula will spread and I don't want to pull these out of they are new growth.
    I was doing some weeding today and have noticed these light green plants growing around my Campanula Catharina. I'm pretty sure its a weed but I've been told Campanula will spread and I don't want to pull these out of they are new growth.
    I was doing some weeding today and have noticed these light green plants growing around my Campanula Catharina. I'm pretty sure its a weed but I've been told Campanula will spread and I don't...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice