Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: What Jobs Are We Doing In The Garden Today 2020 andrews, Feb 24, 2020 at 6:01 PM
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Disability gardening Dai007, Sep 20, 2019
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Best Supplier Of Compost 2020 Cuttings, Feb 24, 2020 at 5:01 PM
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
    Latest: Olive tree problem.... anyone know what this is? DMM, Feb 24, 2020 at 2:54 PM
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Price calculations Scrungee, Feb 24, 2020 at 2:06 PM
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
    Latest: Fruit preserving season Jiffy, Aug 22, 2019
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

New Photo Comp.!

:spinning: Hi everyone I just wanted to tell you about our new photo Comp... Please look here to enter........ :spinning: 30 DAY PHOTO CHALLENGE..! (JUNE)
    :spinning: Hi everyone I just wanted to tell you about our new photo Comp... Please look here to enter........ :spinning: 30 DAY PHOTO CHALLENGE..! (JUNE)
    Replies:
    Views:
  3.   » Normal Threads
  4. CharlieBot

Your best bargains 2014

so pleased i got raised bed kits reduced to £25 each instead of £40 at hombase:) oh and a garden stone sculpture reduced from £25 to £12.70 :) mum gave me a tenner so i paid £2.70 heheheh
    so pleased i got raised bed kits reduced to £25 each instead of £40 at hombase:) oh and a garden stone sculpture reduced from £25 to £12.70 :) mum gave me a tenner so i paid £2.70 heheheh
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. petal

Wyevale's Cold Frame

On Monday I bought a flat pack cold frame/propagator from Wyevales on offer at �£14.99. It's an aluminium frame with lightweight polycarb glazed panels and holds six seed trays. However it took...
    On Monday I bought a flat pack cold frame/propagator from Wyevales on offer at �£14.99. It's an aluminium frame with lightweight polycarb glazed panels and holds six seed trays. However it took my husband (adept at flat pack assembly having just put together an Ikea office for our daughter) 2...
    On Monday I bought a flat pack cold frame/propagator from Wyevales on offer at �£14.99. It's an aluminium frame with lightweight polycarb glazed panels and holds six seed trays. However it took my husband (adept at flat pack assembly having...
    On Monday I bought a flat pack cold frame/propagator from Wyevales on offer at �£14.99. It's an aluminium frame with lightweight polycarb glazed panels and holds six seed trays. However it took...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Verdun

Wowee!!

Doghouse, if you're feeling deprived of enough gardening you could always pop down here and give a hand. About four hours a day should help out quite a bit. :blue thumb:
    Doghouse, if you're feeling deprived of enough gardening you could always pop down here and give a hand. About four hours a day should help out quite a bit. :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Stingo

Worms

Must have felt inspired by your post, as today, emptied my 'handy' compost bin (kept under the dining room window - so all I have to do is open the window, pull the string to open the lid, then...
    Must have felt inspired by your post, as today, emptied my 'handy' compost bin (kept under the dining room window - so all I have to do is open the window, pull the string to open the lid, then chuck in the peelings!). The top 1/3 or so of it still had loads of worms working away, so I kept...
    Must have felt inspired by your post, as today, emptied my 'handy' compost bin (kept under the dining room window - so all I have to do is open the window, pull the string to open the lid, then chuck in the peelings!). The top 1/3 or so of it...
    Must have felt inspired by your post, as today, emptied my 'handy' compost bin (kept under the dining room window - so all I have to do is open the window, pull the string to open the lid, then...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. The Skiver

Wormery

I've recently bought a shredder for all our confidential docs, and I understand you can use that in a wormery too. I rather like the can o worms one but it's very expensive. I might ask for one...
    I've recently bought a shredder for all our confidential docs, and I understand you can use that in a wormery too. I rather like the can o worms one but it's very expensive. I might ask for one for my birthday!
    I've recently bought a shredder for all our confidential docs, and I understand you can use that in a wormery too. I rather like the can o worms one but it's very expensive. I might ask for one for my birthday!
    I've recently bought a shredder for all our confidential docs, and I understand you can use that in a wormery too. I rather like the can o worms one but it's very expensive. I might ask for one...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Sarah Eley

Woolly willow leaf drop

My salix lanata is dropping its leaves which have gone brown.Is that normal?If not, what should I do?It's well established and lives in a pot.
    My salix lanata is dropping its leaves which have gone brown.Is that normal?If not, what should I do?It's well established and lives in a pot.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Graham B

Wood preservative for sleepers with a raised bed

Thanks folks.Trunky, that does sound like the same stuff under a different name. I wouldn't expect even untreated softwood to show much deterioration after only a year, so like you say it's not...
    Thanks folks.Trunky, that does sound like the same stuff under a different name. I wouldn't expect even untreated softwood to show much deterioration after only a year, so like you say it's not serious confirmation. It sounds like kind of a chalk wash, and I'm not sure how that would...
    Thanks folks.Trunky, that does sound like the same stuff under a different name. I wouldn't expect even untreated softwood to show much deterioration after only a year, so like you say it's not serious confirmation. It sounds like kind of a...
    Thanks folks.Trunky, that does sound like the same stuff under a different name. I wouldn't expect even untreated softwood to show much deterioration after only a year, so like you say it's not...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Joolz

Wood chipping as mulch.

I bought a small shredder and use my chippings as a mulch(all be it on a Beech hedge), just let them compost in a heap for a few weeks and on they go, no problems so far and they are helping keep...
    I bought a small shredder and use my chippings as a mulch(all be it on a Beech hedge), just let them compost in a heap for a few weeks and on they go, no problems so far and they are helping keep the weeds down.
    I bought a small shredder and use my chippings as a mulch(all be it on a Beech hedge), just let them compost in a heap for a few weeks and on they go, no problems so far and they are helping keep the weeds down.
    I bought a small shredder and use my chippings as a mulch(all be it on a Beech hedge), just let them compost in a heap for a few weeks and on they go, no problems so far and they are helping keep...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Sweet-pea66
    Like x 17

Won an award !!!

Thanks Sweet pea...White Supreme is on my list :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. neilskeates

WISTERIA

ok thanks. looks like i will have to leave it until next year then.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Dips

Winter protection planning

Im pretty sure my bottle brush is half hardy.Thank you tho peteThe agapanthus i will do as i have done previous years as they have done better with a bit if protection
    Im pretty sure my bottle brush is half hardy.Thank you tho peteThe agapanthus i will do as i have done previous years as they have done better with a bit if protection
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. jazid

Winter Pots and Planters

Galettes des rois...... how I remember making them with a classful of year 7s.... (11-12 year-olds, that is!A lovely memory, of them all covered in flour, but enjoying themselves! :DA bit...
    Galettes des rois...... how I remember making them with a classful of year 7s.... (11-12 year-olds, that is!A lovely memory, of them all covered in flour, but enjoying themselves! :DA bit off thread, sorry.....
    Galettes des rois...... how I remember making them with a classful of year 7s.... (11-12 year-olds, that is!A lovely memory, of them all covered in flour, but enjoying themselves! :DA bit off thread, sorry.....
    Galettes des rois...... how I remember making them with a classful of year 7s.... (11-12 year-olds, that is!A lovely memory, of them all covered in flour, but enjoying themselves! :DA bit...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. wildflower

Wind..

sorry to hear about all your losses, its sickening to lose your green house,the winds here in stonehaven have been so bad,made my first xmas basket looked allright,smashed to bits in next doors...
    sorry to hear about all your losses, its sickening to lose your green house,the winds here in stonehaven have been so bad,made my first xmas basket looked allright,smashed to bits in next doors garden.end of basket :mad: :mad:my friend lives on the beach front, water right over the wall windscreen...
    sorry to hear about all your losses, its sickening to lose your green house,the winds here in stonehaven have been so bad,made my first xmas basket looked allright,smashed to bits in next doors garden.end of basket :mad: :mad:my friend lives on the...
    sorry to hear about all your losses, its sickening to lose your green house,the winds here in stonehaven have been so bad,made my first xmas basket looked allright,smashed to bits in next doors...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. sparkle

wind damage

Lost a plastic cloche and a bit of trellis between shed and house (about 4 ft-6ft) blew down. Not going to replace said trellis, but going to put water butt there instead.
    Lost a plastic cloche and a bit of trellis between shed and house (about 4 ft-6ft) blew down. Not going to replace said trellis, but going to put water butt there instead.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. luciusmaximus

Willow Hedge

Just wondered what your reasoning was lucius? Willow is pretty tough. Dogwoods too though I find and I love their colourful winter stems :)
    Just wondered what your reasoning was lucius? Willow is pretty tough. Dogwoods too though I find and I love their colourful winter stems :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. roders

Will Giles.......Dies.

Yes heard of this last month, so sad I was going to visit his garden this year too. Nice obituary in the guardian though
    Yes heard of this last month, so sad I was going to visit his garden this year too. Nice obituary in the guardian though
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Dips

Will cutting the stamen out of lillies harm them?

It won't harm them Dips.For Lilies for display that we bring into the house we always snip off the anthers (the end bit of the stamen that produces the pollen) because it stains clothing if you...
    It won't harm them Dips.For Lilies for display that we bring into the house we always snip off the anthers (the end bit of the stamen that produces the pollen) because it stains clothing if you accidentally brush past them.
    It won't harm them Dips.For Lilies for display that we bring into the house we always snip off the anthers (the end bit of the stamen that produces the pollen) because it stains clothing if you accidentally brush past them.
    It won't harm them Dips.For Lilies for display that we bring into the house we always snip off the anthers (the end bit of the stamen that produces the pollen) because it stains clothing if you...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Verdun

Why?

Bet the environmentalists dont agree though! :whistle:
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Pushkin

Why you shouldn't leave a plastic net pot on a plant.

I always take those sort off, I didn’t think you were supposed to leave them on.I class those like a normal plant pot when potting up and remove.
    I always take those sort off, I didn’t think you were supposed to leave them on.I class those like a normal plant pot when potting up and remove.
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. garden_fiend

Why use soot in the garden?

I guess what you say is true Dave W about wood ash being OK and so would wood soot. But we are so used to thinking that soot is toxic, from the old coal-fire days, that we can't see past this...
    I guess what you say is true Dave W about wood ash being OK and so would wood soot. But we are so used to thinking that soot is toxic, from the old coal-fire days, that we can't see past this point. Also, can't see either of us s****ing soot out of our chimney even if it is beneficial. So I...
    I guess what you say is true Dave W about wood ash being OK and so would wood soot. But we are so used to thinking that soot is toxic, from the old coal-fire days, that we can't see past this point. Also, can't see either of us s****ing soot...
    I guess what you say is true Dave W about wood ash being OK and so would wood soot. But we are so used to thinking that soot is toxic, from the old coal-fire days, that we can't see past this...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice