Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: What are we doing in the garden 2024 Mrs. B., Mar 28, 2024 at 11:04 PM
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Arthritis and garden tools pete, Jan 10, 2024
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Miracle Gro MPC - avoid! gks, Mar 28, 2024 at 11:26 PM
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Slow and steady - Beginner :-) AnniD, Mar 28, 2024 at 10:30 AM
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
    Latest: Irrigation system Fat Controller, Mar 24, 2024 at 8:47 PM
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Cuttings that root in water flounder, Mar 28, 2024 at 8:31 PM
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Got new pullets noisette47, Jul 30, 2023
Sort By:
Title ↑
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. miraflores

"black" tulips

These are the same flower taken at the same time, the top one lit from the front the bottom one lit from behind.
    These are the same flower taken at the same time, the top one lit from the front the bottom one lit from behind.
    Tulipa-Queen-of-Night_8086_1280_1280.jpg t2.JPG t1.JPG P1020277.JPG P1020276.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. windy miller

'Pinching out'

oh - ha ha ha strongy!!! we still have stocks in our village, more the shame people not stuck in them any more. THANKS for tip.
    oh - ha ha ha strongy!!! we still have stocks in our village, more the shame people not stuck in them any more. THANKS for tip.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Honey Bee

...well, not much gardening...

Honey Bee is your greenhouse heated? or is it just the sun shining through?Sounds lovely whatever ;)
    Honey Bee is your greenhouse heated? or is it just the sun shining through?Sounds lovely whatever ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Liz

1/2 price seeds from T&M

my order was only small, but i still got my free packet of seed worth �£7:99 for the second year! also they sent 2 packs of another free seed instead of just 1. i will keep doing the same each...
    my order was only small, but i still got my free packet of seed worth �£7:99 for the second year! also they sent 2 packs of another free seed instead of just 1. i will keep doing the same each year as long as its still running. also they turn the order around pretty quick! not like another...
    my order was only small, but i still got my free packet of seed worth �£7:99 for the second year! also they sent 2 packs of another free seed instead of just 1. i will keep doing the same each year as long as its still running. also they turn...
    my order was only small, but i still got my free packet of seed worth �£7:99 for the second year! also they sent 2 packs of another free seed instead of just 1. i will keep doing the same each...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Nik

12 Bore or 410?

I've got a problem with cats. I can't get any sense out of the Pests thread, deletions etc, so do I need a 12 Bore or would a 410 do? Any experiences gratefully received. Nik :cool:
    I've got a problem with cats. I can't get any sense out of the Pests thread, deletions etc, so do I need a 12 Bore or would a 410 do? Any experiences gratefully received. Nik :cool:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. lulzrawr

2' x 6' Seedling Heat Mat

TSC sells 2 x4' mats. check it out online. .. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Fat Controller

2-tier trough planter?

Oh I quite like that idea! Now wondering if I should make my own!
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. landimad

2013 new growth

Eccromocarpus scaber "bursting" back into bloom................ Also spotted during my torchlight inspection were these new shoots emerging on an un-mulched Lobelia tupa..............
    Eccromocarpus scaber "bursting" back into bloom................ Also spotted during my torchlight inspection were these new shoots emerging on an un-mulched Lobelia tupa..............
    snowdrops.JPG snowdrops1.JPG DSC_0147a.jpg DSC_0148a.jpg DSC_0146b.jpg DSC_0146c.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. SamB

2013..... The year of the garden!

Thanks folks, been too wet to do much the past couple of days, just a quick trip to the skip with a boot load of rubble from under the patio.Yes Sheal, I'm a firm believer in child labour ;)
    Thanks folks, been too wet to do much the past couple of days, just a quick trip to the skip with a boot load of rubble from under the patio.Yes Sheal, I'm a firm believer in child labour ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. njoyit2

:) Love Plant ??

Looks the same as carnossaimages hoya kerri
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Spungold tv

A call to Alan Titchmarsh Fans

It's for the BBC at White City (London). A debates on the elements of gardening and a like I is hoping to go.
    It's for the BBC at White City (London). A debates on the elements of gardening and a like I is hoping to go.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. lynne

a career in horticulture

go for it lynne i wish i had done this. i worked for a hotel in the gardens for years on low wages etc. started done gardens in my free time at weekends but i never persude it any futher a double...
    go for it lynne i wish i had done this. i worked for a hotel in the gardens for years on low wages etc. started done gardens in my free time at weekends but i never persude it any futher a double hernea stopped me from doing gardens now iam doing maintenance in the hotel not the same i do regret...
    go for it lynne i wish i had done this. i worked for a hotel in the gardens for years on low wages etc. started done gardens in my free time at weekends but i never persude it any futher a double hernea stopped me from doing gardens now iam doing...
    go for it lynne i wish i had done this. i worked for a hotel in the gardens for years on low wages etc. started done gardens in my free time at weekends but i never persude it any futher a double...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Ian Taylor
    Like x 5

a few of my clematis

Don't know if he'll do Broughton Bride or Cragside. But he does have some nice clematis for sale, when I was there.
    Don't know if he'll do Broughton Bride or Cragside. But he does have some nice clematis for sale, when I was there.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. whis4ey
    Like x 5

A few pics over Easter

And a couple more :)
    IMG_1822B.jpg IMG_1833B.jpg IMG_1837B.jpg IMG_1839B.jpg IMG_1836B.jpg IMG_1844B.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Jocko
    Like x 9

A guitar man once again.

I'll second what Upsydaisy said Jocko. :thumbsup: I wish I could play guitar.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. roders

A new GARDEN bridge over the Thames.

I think its pointless. Huge cost to provide a structure that will accommodate trees on top of a bridge. The article says its a pedestrian bridge, and nowhere does it say anything about cyclists...
    I think its pointless. Huge cost to provide a structure that will accommodate trees on top of a bridge. The article says its a pedestrian bridge, and nowhere does it say anything about cyclists :(I do like what they have done to the High Line in New York - an old disused elevated railway ...
    I think its pointless. Huge cost to provide a structure that will accommodate trees on top of a bridge. The article says its a pedestrian bridge, and nowhere does it say anything about cyclists :(I do like what they have done to the High Line...
    I think its pointless. Huge cost to provide a structure that will accommodate trees on top of a bridge. The article says its a pedestrian bridge, and nowhere does it say anything about cyclists...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. JEN.K

A nice surprise but where to plant it

An awful lot of magnolias would fit that description, Jen - so a photo would help!If the ground isn't too wet where you describe, I can't see a problem. Trees generally have a few deep...
    An awful lot of magnolias would fit that description, Jen - so a photo would help!If the ground isn't too wet where you describe, I can't see a problem. Trees generally have a few deep roots for securing themselves in the ground, but have lots of thinner roots near the surface for taking...
    An awful lot of magnolias would fit that description, Jen - so a photo would help!If the ground isn't too wet where you describe, I can't see a problem. Trees generally have a few deep roots for securing themselves in the ground, but have...
    An awful lot of magnolias would fit that description, Jen - so a photo would help!If the ground isn't too wet where you describe, I can't see a problem. Trees generally have a few deep...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Jonathan 2845

A patch from scratch...!!

Relax! You've all the time you need. I took over my new (uncultivated) plot in May 2004 thinking it would be 'too late'. There was still time to sow and plant pretty much everything, and to buy...
    Relax! You've all the time you need. I took over my new (uncultivated) plot in May 2004 thinking it would be 'too late'. There was still time to sow and plant pretty much everything, and to buy plug plants of anything that needed a long growing season. We have such extended seasons now.In...
    Relax! You've all the time you need. I took over my new (uncultivated) plot in May 2004 thinking it would be 'too late'. There was still time to sow and plant pretty much everything, and to buy plug plants of anything that needed a long growing...
    Relax! You've all the time you need. I took over my new (uncultivated) plot in May 2004 thinking it would be 'too late'. There was still time to sow and plant pretty much everything, and to buy...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Sheal

A question for Longk

Sorry about the mess I made of the thread :doh::)I did get one thing right though....you have or had Lewisia. :blue thumb:
    Sorry about the mess I made of the thread :doh::)I did get one thing right though....you have or had Lewisia. :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Harri

A question regarding my Edgeworthia.

Good point about the Edgeworthia. There are gardens quite close to where I live and I see what grows successfully there. They have an Edgeworthia there so I thought I would give it a go. At the...
    Good point about the Edgeworthia. There are gardens quite close to where I live and I see what grows successfully there. They have an Edgeworthia there so I thought I would give it a go. At the moment there are lots of Daphne 'Jacqueline Postill' in flower there too which smells really nice. I'm...
    Good point about the Edgeworthia. There are gardens quite close to where I live and I see what grows successfully there. They have an Edgeworthia there so I thought I would give it a go. At the moment there are lots of Daphne 'Jacqueline Postill'...
    Good point about the Edgeworthia. There are gardens quite close to where I live and I see what grows successfully there. They have an Edgeworthia there so I thought I would give it a go. At the...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice