1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Arthritis and garden tools pete, Jan 10, 2024
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Best supplier of compost 2024 gks, Apr 17, 2024 at 9:07 PM
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
    Latest: Annuals that slugs and snails dislike BB3, Apr 19, 2024 at 8:17 PM
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: My Little Haven Part 2 flounder, Apr 4, 2024
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Cuttings that root in water flounder, Mar 31, 2024
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Got new pullets noisette47, Jul 30, 2023
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↑
Last Message
  1. glosmike

Compost for a parlour palm ?

Yes, house plant for sure and nothing too special compost wise. Mine below is about 7ft away from a north facing window, so gets lowish light and no direct sun whatsoever.
    Yes, house plant for sure and nothing too special compost wise. Mine below is about 7ft away from a north facing window, so gets lowish light and no direct sun whatsoever.
    IMG_20221105_094708_HDR.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. flounder

Hayfever...Pollen Checker

I've been noticing hayfever symptoms intermittently since we had a (relatively) warm dry spell in early-mid February.
    I've been noticing hayfever symptoms intermittently since we had a (relatively) warm dry spell in early-mid February.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. earlydaze

indentifying euphorbia

thanks- am leaning towards oblongata as seedlings arrived the season after it did!
    thanks- am leaning towards oblongata as seedlings arrived the season after it did!
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Jonathorn

Advice on trimming my tree

Hi @Jonathorn Tricky, as cherries shouldn't be pruned until July/August, to avoid silver leaf disease entering. However, I would remove that lower part (circled in yellow) right back to the...
    Hi @Jonathorn Tricky, as cherries shouldn't be pruned until July/August, to avoid silver leaf disease entering. However, I would remove that lower part (circled in yellow) right back to the trunk. I'd leave the rest of the pruning until July and have another look at the tree then - it may not...
    Hi @Jonathorn Tricky, as cherries shouldn't be pruned until July/August, to avoid silver leaf disease entering. However, I would remove that lower part (circled in yellow) right back to the trunk. I'd leave the rest of the pruning until July and...
    Hi @Jonathorn Tricky, as cherries shouldn't be pruned until July/August, to avoid silver leaf disease entering. However, I would remove that lower part (circled in yellow) right back to the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Busy-Lizzie

Delta Sarah Fuchsia

It won't like the wet in winter
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. BB3
    Like x 7

Just experimenting

I overwintering my osteospermum and knew I should cut them back but I just couldn't do it! They've never stopped flowering since last summer
    I overwintering my osteospermum and knew I should cut them back but I just couldn't do it! They've never stopped flowering since last summer
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. GaryK

Ideas for a small rockery border

Hi @GaryK - what you have isn't really a rockery [which is a quite different thing altogether] but is some rocks in a small border, so you can simply fit in some small plants/bulbs, as @AuntyRach...
    Hi @GaryK - what you have isn't really a rockery [which is a quite different thing altogether] but is some rocks in a small border, so you can simply fit in some small plants/bulbs, as @AuntyRach says. What you choose will depend on your location, climate and the soil, as well as the aspect of...
    Hi @GaryK - what you have isn't really a rockery [which is a quite different thing altogether] but is some rocks in a small border, so you can simply fit in some small plants/bulbs, as @AuntyRach says. What you choose will depend on your...
    Hi @GaryK - what you have isn't really a rockery [which is a quite different thing altogether] but is some rocks in a small border, so you can simply fit in some small plants/bulbs, as @AuntyRach...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Meomye

Antirrhinum recommendations

Yes I do .
    Yes I do .
    Yes I do .
    Yes I do .
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Tangsoodo

West wall ideas please

With clematis, it's a case of picking the right type, and it might be a bit dry for the larger flowered ones, but the early ones would be fine. Roses might find it a bit dry too, but it would...
    With clematis, it's a case of picking the right type, and it might be a bit dry for the larger flowered ones, but the early ones would be fine. Roses might find it a bit dry too, but it would depend on the condition of the soil and the care you give them. It's the initial prep and watering/food...
    With clematis, it's a case of picking the right type, and it might be a bit dry for the larger flowered ones, but the early ones would be fine. Roses might find it a bit dry too, but it would depend on the condition of the soil and the care you...
    With clematis, it's a case of picking the right type, and it might be a bit dry for the larger flowered ones, but the early ones would be fine. Roses might find it a bit dry too, but it would...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Nel_Staffs

Clematis support wires

Thank you @Perki and @noisette47 :)Now if it will just stop raining, so I can stand on the squelchy border..:gaah:
    Thank you @Perki and @noisette47 :)Now if it will just stop raining, so I can stand on the squelchy border..:gaah:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. glosmike

Olive virgin here, advice needed please ?

Thanks @DovefromaboveIt needs a larger pot if you wish to keep it root bound. Otherwise get it into the ground asap. It will be flowering very shortly. Aqua. Aqua. Aqua.
    Thanks @DovefromaboveIt needs a larger pot if you wish to keep it root bound. Otherwise get it into the ground asap. It will be flowering very shortly. Aqua. Aqua. Aqua.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Gary Jenkins

Olive tree

Well yes, minus 15c for days is kinda Arctic weather, I think mine has survived minus 10c overnight on a couple of occasions.
    Well yes, minus 15c for days is kinda Arctic weather, I think mine has survived minus 10c overnight on a couple of occasions.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. AdrianBg

Alan Titmarsh's trousers

Fourteen year old trousers :yahoo:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. AuntyRach

Ideas for West-facing area in dappled shade.

Bear in mind that some Pieris are also variegated, so you get everything there. I have a fairly new, small one here, and they're certainly popular up here I wasn't sure if it was evergreen you...
    Bear in mind that some Pieris are also variegated, so you get everything there. I have a fairly new, small one here, and they're certainly popular up here I wasn't sure if it was evergreen you wanted too, or if it didn't matter. Choysias could also be good.I meant to ask though - what was...
    Bear in mind that some Pieris are also variegated, so you get everything there. I have a fairly new, small one here, and they're certainly popular up here I wasn't sure if it was evergreen you wanted too, or if it didn't matter. Choysias...
    Bear in mind that some Pieris are also variegated, so you get everything there. I have a fairly new, small one here, and they're certainly popular up here I wasn't sure if it was evergreen you...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Wannabe

Unhappy climber

Thank you!
    Thank you!
    Thank you!
    Thank you!
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. BB3

Something weird has happened to my diascia

I wouldn't bin it, as it's not terminal for the plant. it looks strange but plants tend to grow out of it
    I wouldn't bin it, as it's not terminal for the plant. it looks strange but plants tend to grow out of it
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Bear1

White spider lilly

I grew some last year for the first time...the temptation of a heavily discounted bag of them was too much to ignoreI kept them in the pot but got a bit too wet early on in the autumn so may...
    I grew some last year for the first time...the temptation of a heavily discounted bag of them was too much to ignoreI kept them in the pot but got a bit too wet early on in the autumn so may have rotted...will investigate soon. Here's a shot of the first flower that opened late June
    I grew some last year for the first time...the temptation of a heavily discounted bag of them was too much to ignoreI kept them in the pot but got a bit too wet early on in the autumn so may have rotted...will investigate soon. Here's a shot of...
    I grew some last year for the first time...the temptation of a heavily discounted bag of them was too much to ignoreI kept them in the pot but got a bit too wet early on in the autumn so may...
    20240314_112717.jpg PXL_20230619_102438885.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. TheMadHedger

Honeysuckle - any recommendations of a good place to buy online please?

I haven't, no, but will do so. Thank you.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Zander

Help needed

Thanks very much for the information hate buying plants when there's no name tags on them but it was so nice I just had to thanks again
    Thanks very much for the information hate buying plants when there's no name tags on them but it was so nice I just had to thanks again
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Spruce

Honey used as a rooting agent

I don’t use hormone rooting powder but I might give the honey and cinnamon a trial
    I don’t use hormone rooting powder but I might give the honey and cinnamon a trial
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice