Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: What's looking good MARCH 2024 Chicky, Mar 28, 2024 at 9:24 AM
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Arthritis and garden tools pete, Jan 10, 2024
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: New garden fairygirl, Mar 28, 2024 at 7:21 AM
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
    Latest: Irrigation system Fat Controller, Mar 24, 2024 at 8:47 PM
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Seed sowing 2024 JWK, Mar 24, 2024 at 9:29 PM
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Got new pullets noisette47, Jul 30, 2023
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. rosietutu

Garden Patio Slabs

Hi Rosietu - it's not the cleanest, but if you have a lot of loose stuff a pressure washer would blast it out. Unfortunately it blasts it from one place to somewhere else, but doesn't involve as...
    Hi Rosietu - it's not the cleanest, but if you have a lot of loose stuff a pressure washer would blast it out. Unfortunately it blasts it from one place to somewhere else, but doesn't involve as much bending! :D
    Hi Rosietu - it's not the cleanest, but if you have a lot of loose stuff a pressure washer would blast it out. Unfortunately it blasts it from one place to somewhere else, but doesn't involve as much bending! :D
    Hi Rosietu - it's not the cleanest, but if you have a lot of loose stuff a pressure washer would blast it out. Unfortunately it blasts it from one place to somewhere else, but doesn't involve as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Garden sponge

Remembering loved ones

The Notcutts catalogue with the info is here.... https://secure.notcutts.co.uk/default.aspIf you ring Ayletts on the telephone number given on their site, I expect they'll send you the leaflet. ...
    The Notcutts catalogue with the info is here.... https://secure.notcutts.co.uk/default.aspIf you ring Ayletts on the telephone number given on their site, I expect they'll send you the leaflet. It's called Information Leaflet no 45, Plants for Special Occasions.
    The Notcutts catalogue with the info is here.... https://secure.notcutts.co.uk/default.aspIf you ring Ayletts on the telephone number given on their site, I expect they'll send you the leaflet. It's called Information Leaflet no 45, Plants for...
    The Notcutts catalogue with the info is here.... https://secure.notcutts.co.uk/default.aspIf you ring Ayletts on the telephone number given on their site, I expect they'll send you the leaflet. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. lazy-gardener

too wet but watching gardening programmes

Oh, I remember Geoff Hamilton doing that too! I relax instantly that man's name is mentioned!! He had an old fashioned cottage garden in one that I adored and tried to copy - I wasnt amazingly...
    Oh, I remember Geoff Hamilton doing that too! I relax instantly that man's name is mentioned!! He had an old fashioned cottage garden in one that I adored and tried to copy - I wasnt amazingly successful though!!
    Oh, I remember Geoff Hamilton doing that too! I relax instantly that man's name is mentioned!! He had an old fashioned cottage garden in one that I adored and tried to copy - I wasnt amazingly successful though!!
    Oh, I remember Geoff Hamilton doing that too! I relax instantly that man's name is mentioned!! He had an old fashioned cottage garden in one that I adored and tried to copy - I wasnt amazingly...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. duckyjuk

azalia

I'm not sure how the temperature affects some as well? We have had a "rescue" plant in the kitchen (9p from Morrisons!!) for well over a year and it has remained evergreen, but now it has reached...
    I'm not sure how the temperature affects some as well? We have had a "rescue" plant in the kitchen (9p from Morrisons!!) for well over a year and it has remained evergreen, but now it has reached sufficient size, I have put it in the (much colder) lean-to at the back of the house and it has...
    I'm not sure how the temperature affects some as well? We have had a "rescue" plant in the kitchen (9p from Morrisons!!) for well over a year and it has remained evergreen, but now it has reached sufficient size, I have put it in the (much...
    I'm not sure how the temperature affects some as well? We have had a "rescue" plant in the kitchen (9p from Morrisons!!) for well over a year and it has remained evergreen, but now it has reached...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Weedyblues

How to get rid of violets?

Hello and welcome to GC, Weedyblues.I find this so sad as I love violets and can't seem to get them going here. I do see your problem however ... but then there's the lovely thought of a violet...
    Hello and welcome to GC, Weedyblues.I find this so sad as I love violets and can't seem to get them going here. I do see your problem however ... but then there's the lovely thought of a violet lawn instead of a camomile lawn!Hope you enjoy the site!
    Hello and welcome to GC, Weedyblues.I find this so sad as I love violets and can't seem to get them going here. I do see your problem however ... but then there's the lovely thought of a violet lawn instead of a camomile lawn!Hope you...
    Hello and welcome to GC, Weedyblues.I find this so sad as I love violets and can't seem to get them going here. I do see your problem however ... but then there's the lovely thought of a violet...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. chobart

Plant selection.

Thanks Dendy - the new forsythia look s great especially if it is scented. I've got both wgite and pink Dicentra - a bit thuggish but great for early flowers. Also bought a few ne Irises so am...
    Thanks Dendy - the new forsythia look s great especially if it is scented. I've got both wgite and pink Dicentra - a bit thuggish but great for early flowers. Also bought a few ne Irises so am hoping for good things from them if I can find another space in the sun.
    Thanks Dendy - the new forsythia look s great especially if it is scented. I've got both wgite and pink Dicentra - a bit thuggish but great for early flowers. Also bought a few ne Irises so am hoping for good things from them if I can find...
    Thanks Dendy - the new forsythia look s great especially if it is scented. I've got both wgite and pink Dicentra - a bit thuggish but great for early flowers. Also bought a few ne Irises so am...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. r2oo

Looking for a Garden Lighting set

I would suggest you choose carefully, I have seen "complete sets" for �£9.99 It is true you do get what you pay for. I would also suggest you do not buy any lights which have an aluminium...
    I would suggest you choose carefully, I have seen "complete sets" for �£9.99 It is true you do get what you pay for. I would also suggest you do not buy any lights which have an aluminium ground stake as these tend to corrode and the light falls off (personal experience)I also suggest...
    I would suggest you choose carefully, I have seen "complete sets" for �£9.99 It is true you do get what you pay for. I would also suggest you do not buy any lights which have an aluminium ground stake as these tend to corrode and the light...
    I would suggest you choose carefully, I have seen "complete sets" for �£9.99 It is true you do get what you pay for. I would also suggest you do not buy any lights which have an aluminium...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Mark B

Link-a-Bord raised bed system

That's what we used, Mark!
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Johnny

Shrub planting

Thanks once again everyone. Here's a picture of my extremely rectangular garden.
    Thanks once again everyone. Here's a picture of my extremely rectangular garden.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. grandchild4

Bulbs

Hi If they are daffs or snowdrops it is possible but make sure you leave soil around them when moving and don't chop the roots off.kind regards boygardener
    Hi If they are daffs or snowdrops it is possible but make sure you leave soil around them when moving and don't chop the roots off.kind regards boygardener
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Dave_In_His_Garden

My Patio

Hi DaveI look in on this thread regularly to catch up on progress.I am looking for a guest author to contribute to my site.If there is a passionate amateur or professional who can write...
    Hi DaveI look in on this thread regularly to catch up on progress.I am looking for a guest author to contribute to my site.If there is a passionate amateur or professional who can write something with maybe some photos then I would be happy to put it on my site.Drop me a lineThanks Juicer
    Hi DaveI look in on this thread regularly to catch up on progress.I am looking for a guest author to contribute to my site.If there is a passionate amateur or professional who can write something with maybe some photos then I would be happy...
    Hi DaveI look in on this thread regularly to catch up on progress.I am looking for a guest author to contribute to my site.If there is a passionate amateur or professional who can write...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Dan

help with privacy planting

Forgot to add - I did plant the Zebrinus rather late in the year which probably didn't help!!!! But the digging took me rather longer than anticipated (my defence, m'lud!!) If you bung them in...
    Forgot to add - I did plant the Zebrinus rather late in the year which probably didn't help!!!! But the digging took me rather longer than anticipated (my defence, m'lud!!) If you bung them in in the Spring you'll do a lot better!!!! :D :D
    Forgot to add - I did plant the Zebrinus rather late in the year which probably didn't help!!!! But the digging took me rather longer than anticipated (my defence, m'lud!!) If you bung them in in the Spring you'll do a lot better!!!! :D :D
    Forgot to add - I did plant the Zebrinus rather late in the year which probably didn't help!!!! But the digging took me rather longer than anticipated (my defence, m'lud!!) If you bung them in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Scotkat

T/M order

very good scotkat it is always tough this time of year making choices and changes to your ideas ect.
    very good scotkat it is always tough this time of year making choices and changes to your ideas ect.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Rich

Camelia

On second thoughts, HB, it looks like the C sasangua, but your colour looks a little "intense" for that cultivar. [ 16. January 2007, 08:56 PM: Message edited by: Lady of Leisure ]
    On second thoughts, HB, it looks like the C sasangua, but your colour looks a little "intense" for that cultivar. [ 16. January 2007, 08:56 PM: Message edited by: Lady of Leisure ]
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Jackie&Bob

DECKING

Thank you all so much for your ideas & opinions, much appreciated. Thanks also for your concerns about Bob, he came home from hospital today, very weak & tired , but home, where I can give him...
    Thank you all so much for your ideas & opinions, much appreciated. Thanks also for your concerns about Bob, he came home from hospital today, very weak & tired , but home, where I can give him loads of T.L.C. I shall give the deck a good power wash & the sand idea sounded good, also the matting...
    Thank you all so much for your ideas & opinions, much appreciated. Thanks also for your concerns about Bob, he came home from hospital today, very weak & tired , but home, where I can give him loads of T.L.C. I shall give the deck a good power...
    Thank you all so much for your ideas & opinions, much appreciated. Thanks also for your concerns about Bob, he came home from hospital today, very weak & tired , but home, where I can give him...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. pheebs

soaking ground

Well said, Peter! We did exactly the same, minus the builders' merchants input though. We dug over the grass and weeds we had as the only growing stuff in the entire garden, brought in load...
    Well said, Peter! We did exactly the same, minus the builders' merchants input though. We dug over the grass and weeds we had as the only growing stuff in the entire garden, brought in load after load of "soil improver" from the local recycling depot (formerly known as the cowp), loads of...
    Well said, Peter! We did exactly the same, minus the builders' merchants input though. We dug over the grass and weeds we had as the only growing stuff in the entire garden, brought in load after load of "soil improver" from the local recycling...
    Well said, Peter! We did exactly the same, minus the builders' merchants input though. We dug over the grass and weeds we had as the only growing stuff in the entire garden, brought in load...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Stephen in Wroughton

Planting under Leylandi.

Cycleman hederfolium, the autumn flowering cyclamen, but don't get them as the corms. Get the living plants in pots. They do like dry shade. I have a lovely colony that has a cherry over the top...
    Cycleman hederfolium, the autumn flowering cyclamen, but don't get them as the corms. Get the living plants in pots. They do like dry shade. I have a lovely colony that has a cherry over the top with a leylandii hedge at the back. I think they would prefer it even drier. I have seen them at Ness...
    Cycleman hederfolium, the autumn flowering cyclamen, but don't get them as the corms. Get the living plants in pots. They do like dry shade. I have a lovely colony that has a cherry over the top with a leylandii hedge at the back. I think they...
    Cycleman hederfolium, the autumn flowering cyclamen, but don't get them as the corms. Get the living plants in pots. They do like dry shade. I have a lovely colony that has a cherry over the top...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. KarenHC

new garden

Hi Blackthorn could you let me know the name of the nursery in South Petherwin please as we prefer independent ones to the larger chains. So far my favourite place is Bodmin Herb and Plant...
    Hi Blackthorn could you let me know the name of the nursery in South Petherwin please as we prefer independent ones to the larger chains. So far my favourite place is Bodmin Herb and Plant nursery, but they are a little pricey, I also like Holmeleigh at Dutson and we found a new little nursery...
    Hi Blackthorn could you let me know the name of the nursery in South Petherwin please as we prefer independent ones to the larger chains. So far my favourite place is Bodmin Herb and Plant nursery, but they are a little pricey, I also like...
    Hi Blackthorn could you let me know the name of the nursery in South Petherwin please as we prefer independent ones to the larger chains. So far my favourite place is Bodmin Herb and Plant...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Garden sponge

I'm not addicted ! I just cant stop doing it !

I'm on the dining table (not literally!) because we never use it, eat outdoors or in the Baffa or on "I hate to say" TV tables!Handy man to have around that P with a P ... are you listening????
    I'm on the dining table (not literally!) because we never use it, eat outdoors or in the Baffa or on "I hate to say" TV tables!Handy man to have around that P with a P ... are you listening????
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Mark B

Sowing, But in what

Sprout,Thanks for the info. Wish my windowsills were that big !
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice