1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Arthritis and garden tools pete, Jan 10, 2024
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Best supplier of compost 2024 gks, Apr 17, 2024 at 9:07 PM
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
    Latest: Annuals that slugs and snails dislike BB3, Apr 19, 2024 at 8:17 PM
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: My Little Haven Part 2 flounder, Apr 4, 2024
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Cuttings that root in water flounder, Mar 31, 2024
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Got new pullets noisette47, Jul 30, 2023
Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. wildflower

Wind..

sorry to hear about all your losses, its sickening to lose your green house,the winds here in stonehaven have been so bad,made my first xmas basket looked allright,smashed to bits in next doors...
    sorry to hear about all your losses, its sickening to lose your green house,the winds here in stonehaven have been so bad,made my first xmas basket looked allright,smashed to bits in next doors garden.end of basket :mad: :mad:my friend lives on the beach front, water right over the wall windscreen...
    sorry to hear about all your losses, its sickening to lose your green house,the winds here in stonehaven have been so bad,made my first xmas basket looked allright,smashed to bits in next doors garden.end of basket :mad: :mad:my friend lives on the...
    sorry to hear about all your losses, its sickening to lose your green house,the winds here in stonehaven have been so bad,made my first xmas basket looked allright,smashed to bits in next doors...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. sparkle

wind damage

Lost a plastic cloche and a bit of trellis between shed and house (about 4 ft-6ft) blew down. Not going to replace said trellis, but going to put water butt there instead.
    Lost a plastic cloche and a bit of trellis between shed and house (about 4 ft-6ft) blew down. Not going to replace said trellis, but going to put water butt there instead.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. luciusmaximus

Willow Hedge

Just wondered what your reasoning was lucius? Willow is pretty tough. Dogwoods too though I find and I love their colourful winter stems :)
    Just wondered what your reasoning was lucius? Willow is pretty tough. Dogwoods too though I find and I love their colourful winter stems :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. OneOfManyLondoners

Will it live

Much appreciated kind folk
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. roders

Will Giles.......Dies.

Yes heard of this last month, so sad I was going to visit his garden this year too. Nice obituary in the guardian though
    Yes heard of this last month, so sad I was going to visit his garden this year too. Nice obituary in the guardian though
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Dips

Will cutting the stamen out of lillies harm them?

It won't harm them Dips.For Lilies for display that we bring into the house we always snip off the anthers (the end bit of the stamen that produces the pollen) because it stains clothing if you...
    It won't harm them Dips.For Lilies for display that we bring into the house we always snip off the anthers (the end bit of the stamen that produces the pollen) because it stains clothing if you accidentally brush past them.
    It won't harm them Dips.For Lilies for display that we bring into the house we always snip off the anthers (the end bit of the stamen that produces the pollen) because it stains clothing if you accidentally brush past them.
    It won't harm them Dips.For Lilies for display that we bring into the house we always snip off the anthers (the end bit of the stamen that produces the pollen) because it stains clothing if you...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. SimonZ

Wildlife garden - best left wild?

Well, it has taken care of its self - and today I discovered a stunning geum, happily growing amid clumps of grass. Its presumably from the same geums I planted some years back, and which usually...
    Well, it has taken care of its self - and today I discovered a stunning geum, happily growing amid clumps of grass. Its presumably from the same geums I planted some years back, and which usually grow one or two at a time each summer. There was one other geum flower that had died, so I'm...
    Well, it has taken care of its self - and today I discovered a stunning geum, happily growing amid clumps of grass. Its presumably from the same geums I planted some years back, and which usually grow one or two at a time each summer. There was...
    Well, it has taken care of its self - and today I discovered a stunning geum, happily growing amid clumps of grass. Its presumably from the same geums I planted some years back, and which usually...
    DSCF1773.JPG P1480602.JPG P1480603.JPG DSCF2146.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Spruce

Wild bird food where shall I buy from ?

I always buy from Wilko, good selection.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Mike Allen
    Friendly x 3

WHY?

Out of interest when we began growing our own we decided that it would be wise to keep a record. So we set up a theoretical account. Anything bought for use in the garden from big things like a...
    Out of interest when we began growing our own we decided that it would be wise to keep a record. So we set up a theoretical account. Anything bought for use in the garden from big things like a greenhouse down to packets of seeds were entered as Debits. Anything brought into the house from the...
    Out of interest when we began growing our own we decided that it would be wise to keep a record. So we set up a theoretical account. Anything bought for use in the garden from big things like a greenhouse down to packets of seeds were entered as...
    Out of interest when we began growing our own we decided that it would be wise to keep a record. So we set up a theoretical account. Anything bought for use in the garden from big things like a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Verdun

Why?

Bet the environmentalists dont agree though! :whistle:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Pushkin

Why you shouldn't leave a plastic net pot on a plant.

I always take those sort off, I didn’t think you were supposed to leave them on.I class those like a normal plant pot when potting up and remove.
    I always take those sort off, I didn’t think you were supposed to leave them on.I class those like a normal plant pot when potting up and remove.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. garden_fiend

Why use soot in the garden?

I guess what you say is true Dave W about wood ash being OK and so would wood soot. But we are so used to thinking that soot is toxic, from the old coal-fire days, that we can't see past this...
    I guess what you say is true Dave W about wood ash being OK and so would wood soot. But we are so used to thinking that soot is toxic, from the old coal-fire days, that we can't see past this point. Also, can't see either of us s****ing soot out of our chimney even if it is beneficial. So I...
    I guess what you say is true Dave W about wood ash being OK and so would wood soot. But we are so used to thinking that soot is toxic, from the old coal-fire days, that we can't see past this point. Also, can't see either of us s****ing soot...
    I guess what you say is true Dave W about wood ash being OK and so would wood soot. But we are so used to thinking that soot is toxic, from the old coal-fire days, that we can't see past this...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Saliha

Why sunflowers follow the sun?

Hi colo why not join in with the bit of fun in this thread :). TALLEST SUNFLOWER AND LARGEST SUNFLOWER HEAD 2018
    Hi colo why not join in with the bit of fun in this thread :). TALLEST SUNFLOWER AND LARGEST SUNFLOWER HEAD 2018
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Mike Allen
    Like x 3

Why so much interest in tomatoe, and peppers growing?

There are quite a few edible flowers that you could grow, and many herbs have 'interesting' flowers that not only give colour to your veg patch but also attract pollinaters who will visit your...
    There are quite a few edible flowers that you could grow, and many herbs have 'interesting' flowers that not only give colour to your veg patch but also attract pollinaters who will visit your flowering veg to mutual advantage.
    There are quite a few edible flowers that you could grow, and many herbs have 'interesting' flowers that not only give colour to your veg patch but also attract pollinaters who will visit your flowering veg to mutual advantage.
    There are quite a few edible flowers that you could grow, and many herbs have 'interesting' flowers that not only give colour to your veg patch but also attract pollinaters who will visit your...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Verdun

Why is Cornwall best?

Love that Sandy.....made me chuckle :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. tonykhuong

Why is Amaryllis not blooming?

First of all are they Amaryllis ( outdoor plants that flower Aug to Oct ) or Hippeastrum ( indoor plants that flower from Dec to April / May ).
    First of all are they Amaryllis ( outdoor plants that flower Aug to Oct ) or Hippeastrum ( indoor plants that flower from Dec to April / May ).
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. John122

Why I decided to grow vegetables for myself

Thread closed. Perpetrator has been spam banned.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Mike Allen

Why don't members give some indication of their gardening qualificatons.

I'm qualified, but to be honest, experience is, in most cases, better. Where qualification helps, and is specifically designed to help in achieving work in horticulture, whether that be...
    I'm qualified, but to be honest, experience is, in most cases, better. Where qualification helps, and is specifically designed to help in achieving work in horticulture, whether that be self-employed or under an employer. It doesn't necessarily demonstrate knowledge - besides no one can know...
    I'm qualified, but to be honest, experience is, in most cases, better. Where qualification helps, and is specifically designed to help in achieving work in horticulture, whether that be self-employed or under an employer. It doesn't necessarily...
    I'm qualified, but to be honest, experience is, in most cases, better. Where qualification helps, and is specifically designed to help in achieving work in horticulture, whether that be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. PercyT

whoops too many seeds

sell them at a car boot sale babe!!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Verdun

Who else?

Need evidence
    Need evidence
    Need evidence
    Need evidence
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice