1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: What are we doing in the garden 2024 Obelix-Vendée, Apr 25, 2024 at 8:36 PM
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Arthritis and garden tools pete, Jan 10, 2024
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Which soil improver? fairygirl, Apr 24, 2024 at 7:27 PM
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: My Little Haven Part 2 flounder, Apr 4, 2024
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
    Latest: Best tool for trimming edges of lawn amancalledgeorge, Apr 22, 2024 at 12:27 PM
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Cuttings that root in water flounder, Mar 31, 2024
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Oh Dear! Goldenlily26, Apr 25, 2024 at 8:39 AM
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. Joolz

Sheds, sheds, sheds... Argh!!

Make sure it is laid across supporting timbers, not directly on to concrete/grass to prevent water damage on underside. 3" fence posts would do. Its worth treating/re-treating with preservative...
    Make sure it is laid across supporting timbers, not directly on to concrete/grass to prevent water damage on underside. 3" fence posts would do. Its worth treating/re-treating with preservative before assembly, including the inside (clear treatments are available.
    Make sure it is laid across supporting timbers, not directly on to concrete/grass to prevent water damage on underside. 3" fence posts would do. Its worth treating/re-treating with preservative before assembly, including the inside (clear...
    Make sure it is laid across supporting timbers, not directly on to concrete/grass to prevent water damage on underside. 3" fence posts would do. Its worth treating/re-treating with preservative...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. weas3l

Plant with the name Patrick

I did an rhs search and there are loads or orchidsBut there is dianthus patrick or gazania patrickThere is also Pulmonaria 'Patrick Bates' and Narcissus 'Patrick Hacket' (1)And Erica...
    I did an rhs search and there are loads or orchidsBut there is dianthus patrick or gazania patrickThere is also Pulmonaria 'Patrick Bates' and Narcissus 'Patrick Hacket' (1)And Erica cinerea 'P.s. Patrick' Which is really pretty
    I did an rhs search and there are loads or orchidsBut there is dianthus patrick or gazania patrickThere is also Pulmonaria 'Patrick Bates' and Narcissus 'Patrick Hacket' (1)And Erica cinerea 'P.s. Patrick' Which is really pretty
    I did an rhs search and there are loads or orchidsBut there is dianthus patrick or gazania patrickThere is also Pulmonaria 'Patrick Bates' and Narcissus 'Patrick Hacket' (1)And Erica...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. leahbe

red robin?

Excellent, do you have any pictures of plants in yet?
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Mike Allen
    Like x 5

Monty Don.

Gardeners World is a weekly staple for us, so Monty is invited into our house on Friday evenings. He's a good to very good gardener and a really good presenter! Okay one of his predecessors was...
    Gardeners World is a weekly staple for us, so Monty is invited into our house on Friday evenings. He's a good to very good gardener and a really good presenter! Okay one of his predecessors was someone I used to say I was going for a pint with every Friday night! ("There's only one Jeffo...
    Gardeners World is a weekly staple for us, so Monty is invited into our house on Friday evenings. He's a good to very good gardener and a really good presenter! Okay one of his predecessors was someone I used to say I was going for a pint with...
    Gardeners World is a weekly staple for us, so Monty is invited into our house on Friday evenings. He's a good to very good gardener and a really good presenter! Okay one of his predecessors was...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. AndyS

Solanum Rantonetti

I have loads of seed, I'll do that. If I have plants that are worthy I'll let you know later on - your seed will be miles behind them I expect. Seed will keep (I have kept it, and still viable,...
    I have loads of seed, I'll do that. If I have plants that are worthy I'll let you know later on - your seed will be miles behind them I expect. Seed will keep (I have kept it, and still viable, for 2 or 3 years for sure)
    I have loads of seed, I'll do that. If I have plants that are worthy I'll let you know later on - your seed will be miles behind them I expect. Seed will keep (I have kept it, and still viable, for 2 or 3 years for sure)
    I have loads of seed, I'll do that. If I have plants that are worthy I'll let you know later on - your seed will be miles behind them I expect. Seed will keep (I have kept it, and still viable,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Michal

Recommended Top Soil depth above clay for Lawn

I decided to get rid of rubble first. After 7h of digging I removed like 12 bircks and 20-30 bigger stones. Easily get through clay and I get 30 cm of nicely moved surface (I was able to gid...
    I decided to get rid of rubble first. After 7h of digging I removed like 12 bircks and 20-30 bigger stones. Easily get through clay and I get 30 cm of nicely moved surface (I was able to gid shouvle with no power used and move it in the ground).It is all thanks to you... but... There is new...
    I decided to get rid of rubble first. After 7h of digging I removed like 12 bircks and 20-30 bigger stones. Easily get through clay and I get 30 cm of nicely moved surface (I was able to gid shouvle with no power used and move it in the...
    I decided to get rid of rubble first. After 7h of digging I removed like 12 bircks and 20-30 bigger stones. Easily get through clay and I get 30 cm of nicely moved surface (I was able to gid...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Mike77

Alternative Lawn - Heath Pearlwort

It's looking great. Gives me hope. So far the weather today is looking not too bad but thunder storms forcast for later. I'll get out shortly and try and get another tray planted.
    It's looking great. Gives me hope. So far the weather today is looking not too bad but thunder storms forcast for later. I'll get out shortly and try and get another tray planted.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. mazambo

Adding grit to soil mix

I mix according to eye these days.....according to the plant and its free draining needs. Seems to work well for me:) how the compost feels and looks helps identify how well drained it will...
    I mix according to eye these days.....according to the plant and its free draining needs. Seems to work well for me:) how the compost feels and looks helps identify how well drained it will be. Perlite or grit? For extra weight and stability I use grit. Don’t use sand now as I found it less...
    I mix according to eye these days.....according to the plant and its free draining needs. Seems to work well for me:) how the compost feels and looks helps identify how well drained it will be. Perlite or grit? For extra weight and stability I...
    I mix according to eye these days.....according to the plant and its free draining needs. Seems to work well for me:) how the compost feels and looks helps identify how well drained it will...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Bunslip

Pieris transplant

That may be a good idea. Pieris are acid soil lovers. Tap water is ok, especially if boiled - (though not ideal, as in hard water ares is it too alkaline), as long as the soil and feeding is for...
    That may be a good idea. Pieris are acid soil lovers. Tap water is ok, especially if boiled - (though not ideal, as in hard water ares is it too alkaline), as long as the soil and feeding is for acid lovers.
    That may be a good idea. Pieris are acid soil lovers. Tap water is ok, especially if boiled - (though not ideal, as in hard water ares is it too alkaline), as long as the soil and feeding is for acid lovers.
    That may be a good idea. Pieris are acid soil lovers. Tap water is ok, especially if boiled - (though not ideal, as in hard water ares is it too alkaline), as long as the soil and feeding is for...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. kyleleonard

Planting Snowdrops bulbs in December

Update: We have life! Some of them are showing their heads! Fingers crossed they continue to thrive.
    Update: We have life! Some of them are showing their heads! Fingers crossed they continue to thrive.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Sirius
    Like x 3

Unusual Bulbs

Sal - try something sensible to start with...................
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Victoria

Cobea .. Cup and Saucer Plant

You could get at least four packs of seeds out of one pod ... think of the money "they" are making?When I'm not painting, should I ....... ????? :rolleyes:
    You could get at least four packs of seeds out of one pod ... think of the money "they" are making?When I'm not painting, should I ....... ????? :rolleyes:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. GardeningNewbie

Please help - Why is my Fuchsia dying?!

One of my favourites Pete, although I haven't grown it for a few years.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Engelbert

Transplanting Wild Garlic - Am I too late? Any tips?

We have the ursinums too but they have already been harvested by a few senior local residents.It is quite gratifying to see them foraging our little wild flower border. What we see as weeds...
    We have the ursinums too but they have already been harvested by a few senior local residents.It is quite gratifying to see them foraging our little wild flower border. What we see as weeds (dandelion, mallow, nettles, plantain, lamb's quarters etc), they perceive as a valuable resource.
    We have the ursinums too but they have already been harvested by a few senior local residents.It is quite gratifying to see them foraging our little wild flower border. What we see as weeds (dandelion, mallow, nettles, plantain, lamb's quarters...
    We have the ursinums too but they have already been harvested by a few senior local residents.It is quite gratifying to see them foraging our little wild flower border. What we see as weeds...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Joolz

Laurel Hedging seeds.

There are quite a few seedlings growing at the base of my cherry laurel. If they are of any use to you, I could dig them up and post them to you ? My cherry laurel has flowered recently too so...
    There are quite a few seedlings growing at the base of my cherry laurel. If they are of any use to you, I could dig them up and post them to you ? My cherry laurel has flowered recently too so there will be plenty of berries on it again in late summer/early autumn.
    There are quite a few seedlings growing at the base of my cherry laurel. If they are of any use to you, I could dig them up and post them to you ? My cherry laurel has flowered recently too so there will be plenty of berries on it again in late...
    There are quite a few seedlings growing at the base of my cherry laurel. If they are of any use to you, I could dig them up and post them to you ? My cherry laurel has flowered recently too so...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. elliegreenwellie

Jeyes Fluid

Thanks guys for all your replies!Oh dear - well it's too late now! The tarmac is pretty knackered anyway and we are planning to have it redone when we can afford it, the moss was making it...
    Thanks guys for all your replies!Oh dear - well it's too late now! The tarmac is pretty knackered anyway and we are planning to have it redone when we can afford it, the moss was making it deteriorate anyway so it can't be any worse. It does say on the tin the concentration to use on tarmac,...
    Thanks guys for all your replies!Oh dear - well it's too late now! The tarmac is pretty knackered anyway and we are planning to have it redone when we can afford it, the moss was making it deteriorate anyway so it can't be any worse. It does...
    Thanks guys for all your replies!Oh dear - well it's too late now! The tarmac is pretty knackered anyway and we are planning to have it redone when we can afford it, the moss was making it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Verdun

Fair or not?

If bites cause problems, then dont cover it with bark chippings.Everyone knows that some peoples bark chippings are worse than their frost bite! :snorky:
    If bites cause problems, then dont cover it with bark chippings.Everyone knows that some peoples bark chippings are worse than their frost bite! :snorky:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Bill Carr

Photinia Trees really struggling

Hi @Bill Carr i don’t know if this will help but it could explain them dying off and not looking healthy.. I do think last year’s king hot summer and then a dryish winter hasn’t helped either though..
    Hi @Bill Carr i don’t know if this will help but it could explain them dying off and not looking healthy.. I do think last year’s king hot summer and then a dryish winter hasn’t helped either though..
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. NorthantsGeezer

Which plant can't you wait to flower?

Sadly neither of them flowered this year - due to the late frosts we had which killed the emerging blooms :frown:
    Sadly neither of them flowered this year - due to the late frosts we had which killed the emerging blooms :frown:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. kriss

Cosmos seeds and planting!

Ok, it might Lucius :). Often though when annuals are damaged like this they seem not to :noidea: However, if it did it would likely struggle for a few weeks occupying space that something else could. :noidea: Yes,...
    Ok, it might Lucius :). Often though when annuals are damaged like this they seem not to :noidea: However, if it did it would likely struggle for a few weeks occupying space that something else could. :noidea: Yes, staking would help with cosmos but it tends to encourage even more legginess.....much better to...
    Ok, it might Lucius :). Often though when annuals are damaged like this they seem not to :noidea: However, if it did it would likely struggle for a few weeks occupying space that something else could. :noidea: Yes, staking would help with cosmos but it tends to...
    Ok, it might Lucius :). Often though when annuals are damaged like this they seem not to :noidea: However, if it did it would likely struggle for a few weeks occupying space that something else could. :noidea: Yes,...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice