Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: Aglaonema Silver Spear ricky101, Nov 27, 2021 at 11:52 PM
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Success stories Nikolaos, Oct 16, 2021
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
    Latest: Black onions NigelJ, Nov 14, 2021
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: DIY archway with gate Sandy Ground, Nov 28, 2021 at 7:44 AM
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
    Latest: Garden fence creosote advice clanless, Oct 25, 2021
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
    Latest: Time to plant runner beans? JR, Jun 17, 2021
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Lock up your birds Jordhandeson, May 14, 2021
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Jack Sparrow

Black Sambucus

I grow quite a few Sambucas Black Lace. I bought 1 and took cuttings from it. Quite easy as @Loofah said. I don’t think it would be bothered by the wind but not too sure whether it’s foliage would...
    I grow quite a few Sambucas Black Lace. I bought 1 and took cuttings from it. Quite easy as @Loofah said. I don’t think it would be bothered by the wind but not too sure whether it’s foliage would colour well or flower freely in what sounds like a pretty shady spot. This one is growing in...
    I grow quite a few Sambucas Black Lace. I bought 1 and took cuttings from it. Quite easy as @Loofah said. I don’t think it would be bothered by the wind but not too sure whether it’s foliage would colour well or flower freely in what sounds like...
    I grow quite a few Sambucas Black Lace. I bought 1 and took cuttings from it. Quite easy as @Loofah said. I don’t think it would be bothered by the wind but not too sure whether it’s foliage would...
    77C07196-4AD8-4106-ADBD-5F3CE70CA9DB.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Temmy

Any way to kill of this vine? It's invading!

I've never eradicated it after almost 50 years in this garden but have it, more or less, under control. I don't let it worry me but do a regular bindweed patrol once a week during the growing...
    I've never eradicated it after almost 50 years in this garden but have it, more or less, under control. I don't let it worry me but do a regular bindweed patrol once a week during the growing season and just pull it out.A little trick when pulling:- don't do it in anger but keep calm, grip...
    I've never eradicated it after almost 50 years in this garden but have it, more or less, under control. I don't let it worry me but do a regular bindweed patrol once a week during the growing season and just pull it out.A little trick when...
    I've never eradicated it after almost 50 years in this garden but have it, more or less, under control. I don't let it worry me but do a regular bindweed patrol once a week during the growing...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Drakexy

Newly purchased Acer Palmatum Desojo in poor state

If the sellers do not come up with a decent plant or refund please do let us know who they are as it may help others from being caught out.
    If the sellers do not come up with a decent plant or refund please do let us know who they are as it may help others from being caught out.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Stuart Fawcett
    Like x 4

A Tree, a Climber etc and oops I have a Forest Garden

We've inherited a slice of very pretty woodland at the back of our garden. We're only just learning what's there as new things seem to appear almost on a weekly basis. Looking at your Sprialseed...
    We've inherited a slice of very pretty woodland at the back of our garden. We're only just learning what's there as new things seem to appear almost on a weekly basis. Looking at your Sprialseed link our garden follows some of the same rules. The back edge is tree lined with Elm, Oak and Willow....
    We've inherited a slice of very pretty woodland at the back of our garden. We're only just learning what's there as new things seem to appear almost on a weekly basis. Looking at your Sprialseed link our garden follows some of the same rules. The...
    We've inherited a slice of very pretty woodland at the back of our garden. We're only just learning what's there as new things seem to appear almost on a weekly basis. Looking at your Sprialseed...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. fumanchu

Something for a pot that grows to 4ft?!

Lost this thread now foundit again. I have noted down everything suggested, saving up for heavy planters now so the wind doesn't just knock them over. MANY THANKS!
    Lost this thread now foundit again. I have noted down everything suggested, saving up for heavy planters now so the wind doesn't just knock them over. MANY THANKS!
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Black Dog
    Like x 5

Sunflower twins

O sorry to hear that.I know how that feels but not to worry A lesson learnt i guess. Your seedling program requires an update to improve its performanceI keep the plants i like indoors where i...
    O sorry to hear that.I know how that feels but not to worry A lesson learnt i guess. Your seedling program requires an update to improve its performanceI keep the plants i like indoors where i can protect them from the elements and bugs.I keep planting sunflower seeds one day you might be...
    O sorry to hear that.I know how that feels but not to worry A lesson learnt i guess. Your seedling program requires an update to improve its performanceI keep the plants i like indoors where i can protect them from the elements and bugs.I...
    O sorry to hear that.I know how that feels but not to worry A lesson learnt i guess. Your seedling program requires an update to improve its performanceI keep the plants i like indoors where i...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. ijb89

Plant help and weed ID

Yeah I water both, but haven't changed the compost since I bought them. Would you reccommend mixing some new compost in/repotting them then?
    Yeah I water both, but haven't changed the compost since I bought them. Would you reccommend mixing some new compost in/repotting them then?
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Spruce
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Green Gremlin

Lilly of the valley, Solomon’s Seal

If they are from a local person on gumtree its likely that they are from that persons garden so already hardened off. But as you say hardening off is not a bad idea. They do spread well - 4...
    If they are from a local person on gumtree its likely that they are from that persons garden so already hardened off. But as you say hardening off is not a bad idea. They do spread well - 4 years ago we tried to get some going - they certainly are growing well now and finding lots of ways of...
    If they are from a local person on gumtree its likely that they are from that persons garden so already hardened off. But as you say hardening off is not a bad idea. They do spread well - 4 years ago we tried to get some going - they certainly...
    If they are from a local person on gumtree its likely that they are from that persons garden so already hardened off. But as you say hardening off is not a bad idea. They do spread well - 4...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Green Gremlin

Banana plant

Well I go along with @pete's reply:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Green Gremlin

Lily of the valley

I think the only way to get a realistic idea of how often it happens with pets is to have a chat with a vet about it. :dunno:Nick
    I think the only way to get a realistic idea of how often it happens with pets is to have a chat with a vet about it. :dunno:Nick
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Black Dog

Lawn edge material choice

Thanks @Kristen , that is really helpful. Sadly I don't have the welding equipment (or the skill :biggrin:) so I guess we will try our best with aluminium. It comes at lengths of up to 20m which is more...
    Thanks @Kristen , that is really helpful. Sadly I don't have the welding equipment (or the skill :biggrin:) so I guess we will try our best with aluminium. It comes at lengths of up to 20m which is more than enough, while also being affordable. Since it won't be in an exposed place and doesn't have to...
    Thanks @Kristen , that is really helpful. Sadly I don't have the welding equipment (or the skill :biggrin:) so I guess we will try our best with aluminium. It comes at lengths of up to 20m which is more than enough, while also being affordable. Since...
    Thanks @Kristen , that is really helpful. Sadly I don't have the welding equipment (or the skill :biggrin:) so I guess we will try our best with aluminium. It comes at lengths of up to 20m which is more...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Newbie garden guy

Evergreen 4 in 1 feed and weed or evergreen fast green

I used the miracle gro lawn feed soluble stuff last tuesday. It has gone greener and slightly thicker. But i assume will see a bigger improvement using the feed once a month going forward. I am...
    I used the miracle gro lawn feed soluble stuff last tuesday. It has gone greener and slightly thicker. But i assume will see a bigger improvement using the feed once a month going forward. I am cutting the grass every two weeks now.
    I used the miracle gro lawn feed soluble stuff last tuesday. It has gone greener and slightly thicker. But i assume will see a bigger improvement using the feed once a month going forward. I am cutting the grass every two weeks now.
    I used the miracle gro lawn feed soluble stuff last tuesday. It has gone greener and slightly thicker. But i assume will see a bigger improvement using the feed once a month going forward. I am...
    20210505_130520.jpg 20210505_130507.jpg 20210505_172055.jpg 20210505_172111.jpg 20210517_163939.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Mark L Cliff

Climber suggestion?

You're welcome. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Mark L Cliff

Training new Wisteria on wires?

Thanks for the replies, looking forward to seeing what happens over the next few months.
    Thanks for the replies, looking forward to seeing what happens over the next few months.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. TheMadHedger

Blackthorn plants - best way to remove?

Thanks, my new boots have steel toe caps and extremely thick soles. I wear safety goggles too. :)
    Thanks, my new boots have steel toe caps and extremely thick soles. I wear safety goggles too. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Newbie garden guy

Tomato plants not flowering yet

The two problems i think you have is not enough light making them leggy (to tall) and feeding with miracle grow will promote growth without flowers, as JWK says you have taken off the growing tip,...
    The two problems i think you have is not enough light making them leggy (to tall) and feeding with miracle grow will promote growth without flowers, as JWK says you have taken off the growing tip, allow one of the side shoots that will come from the leaf axils to be your new plant if they are...
    The two problems i think you have is not enough light making them leggy (to tall) and feeding with miracle grow will promote growth without flowers, as JWK says you have taken off the growing tip, allow one of the side shoots that will come from...
    The two problems i think you have is not enough light making them leggy (to tall) and feeding with miracle grow will promote growth without flowers, as JWK says you have taken off the growing tip,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. JanLan

Mystery alliums

There has never been ANY flowers
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Mike Allen
    Like x 5

Monty Don.

Gardeners World is a weekly staple for us, so Monty is invited into our house on Friday evenings. He's a good to very good gardener and a really good presenter! Okay one of his predecessors was...
    Gardeners World is a weekly staple for us, so Monty is invited into our house on Friday evenings. He's a good to very good gardener and a really good presenter! Okay one of his predecessors was someone I used to say I was going for a pint with every Friday night! ("There's only one Jeffo...
    Gardeners World is a weekly staple for us, so Monty is invited into our house on Friday evenings. He's a good to very good gardener and a really good presenter! Okay one of his predecessors was someone I used to say I was going for a pint with...
    Gardeners World is a weekly staple for us, so Monty is invited into our house on Friday evenings. He's a good to very good gardener and a really good presenter! Okay one of his predecessors was...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Tweetypie

Alliums

Thanks both I planted allium nigrum and white giant. I’m in London and my neighbour doesn’t use her garden it’s overgrown. I have some already blooming that were planted at the same time some in...
    Thanks both I planted allium nigrum and white giant. I’m in London and my neighbour doesn’t use her garden it’s overgrown. I have some already blooming that were planted at the same time some in the ground and some in pots. I was cutting trees and looked into her garden and there was what I...
    Thanks both I planted allium nigrum and white giant. I’m in London and my neighbour doesn’t use her garden it’s overgrown. I have some already blooming that were planted at the same time some in the ground and some in pots. I was cutting trees...
    Thanks both I planted allium nigrum and white giant. I’m in London and my neighbour doesn’t use her garden it’s overgrown. I have some already blooming that were planted at the same time some in...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice