Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Disability gardening Dai007, Sep 20, 2019
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Best Supplier Of Compost 2020 shiney, Feb 24, 2020 at 3:09 PM
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
    Latest: Olive tree problem.... anyone know what this is? DMM, Feb 24, 2020 at 2:54 PM
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Price calculations Scrungee, Feb 24, 2020 at 2:06 PM
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
    Latest: Fruit preserving season Jiffy, Aug 22, 2019
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. ridgiemum

Azeleas

Morning ridgiemum :)Like most everything in life, gardening is a learning curve....Don’t give up on your azaleas just yet or dig them up. They might simply need time to settle inCan you post...
    Morning ridgiemum :)Like most everything in life, gardening is a learning curve....Don’t give up on your azaleas just yet or dig them up. They might simply need time to settle inCan you post a picture of them? We might get an idea of how well or not they are growing.:)
    Morning ridgiemum :)Like most everything in life, gardening is a learning curve....Don’t give up on your azaleas just yet or dig them up. They might simply need time to settle inCan you post a picture of them? We might get an idea of how...
    Morning ridgiemum :)Like most everything in life, gardening is a learning curve....Don’t give up on your azaleas just yet or dig them up. They might simply need time to settle inCan you post...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. runner42

Help: Garden pest identification and control

Thank you!
    Thank you!
    Thank you!
    Thank you!
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Verdun
    Informative x 3

An observation

I have Bishop of Dover beside ARt Deco with a Bishops Children at the rear.Guess which one has suffered most from slug damage.Can’t seem to turn the picture the right way round!
    I have Bishop of Dover beside ARt Deco with a Bishops Children at the rear.Guess which one has suffered most from slug damage.Can’t seem to turn the picture the right way round!
    EEC5F929-552F-40A4-BD6D-0DD06A7E1AEA.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Jiffy

Blight warning

Every time I get a full blight period alert it's usually when I'm away for a few days, or it's tipping down with rain and impossible to spray. I now only bother spraying tomatoes. My outdoor toms...
    Every time I get a full blight period alert it's usually when I'm away for a few days, or it's tipping down with rain and impossible to spray. I now only bother spraying tomatoes. My outdoor toms are mainly Red Alerts that are all harvested before Late Blight becomes a problem, and all the...
    Every time I get a full blight period alert it's usually when I'm away for a few days, or it's tipping down with rain and impossible to spray. I now only bother spraying tomatoes. My outdoor toms are mainly Red Alerts that are all harvested...
    Every time I get a full blight period alert it's usually when I'm away for a few days, or it's tipping down with rain and impossible to spray. I now only bother spraying tomatoes. My outdoor toms...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Toby Ziegler

Have I killed my lawn with too much Solabiol?

@shiney thanks :)Thanks Toby for the picture, that’s great.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Eden1

Weeding around Campanula Catharina

I was doing some weeding today and have noticed these light green plants growing around my Campanula Catharina. I'm pretty sure its a weed but I've been told Campanula will spread and I don't...
    I was doing some weeding today and have noticed these light green plants growing around my Campanula Catharina. I'm pretty sure its a weed but I've been told Campanula will spread and I don't want to pull these out of they are new growth.
    I was doing some weeding today and have noticed these light green plants growing around my Campanula Catharina. I'm pretty sure its a weed but I've been told Campanula will spread and I don't want to pull these out of they are new growth.
    I was doing some weeding today and have noticed these light green plants growing around my Campanula Catharina. I'm pretty sure its a weed but I've been told Campanula will spread and I don't...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Dormouse

Qualifications

Megan, it sounds like the two qualifications are analogous from what you say. Logically, the fact that employers "don't specify which" means that they would accept any Level 2 practical to my...
    Megan, it sounds like the two qualifications are analogous from what you say. Logically, the fact that employers "don't specify which" means that they would accept any Level 2 practical to my mind. This would also explain the college replacing one with the other. Why not simply contact the...
    Megan, it sounds like the two qualifications are analogous from what you say. Logically, the fact that employers "don't specify which" means that they would accept any Level 2 practical to my mind. This would also explain the college replacing...
    Megan, it sounds like the two qualifications are analogous from what you say. Logically, the fact that employers "don't specify which" means that they would accept any Level 2 practical to my...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Verdun

Protein rich tomato

I was already to say how we probably eat more protein than we should anyway thinking a new variety had been produced, but that was funny. Let us know if your tongue falls off :roflol:
    I was already to say how we probably eat more protein than we should anyway thinking a new variety had been produced, but that was funny. Let us know if your tongue falls off :roflol:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Who am I?

Plants by Post.

I cover with fleece for 24 hours or so. Bigger plants are treated similarly:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. lolimac

Phlox not flowering ?

Nothing wrong with sentiment Marley :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Terry Ally

Calla lily stem becomes mushy

DELETING POST ... to relocate it in the pest and disease forum.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. mazambo

Clematis Flowers

Hi everyone, passing a bit of time this morning before work and noticed my clematis has both 4 and 6 petals on the flowers, first thought was the petals were dropping but some are just opening and...
    Hi everyone, passing a bit of time this morning before work and noticed my clematis has both 4 and 6 petals on the flowers, first thought was the petals were dropping but some are just opening and have 4 petals others have 6, just wondering if this the norm?
    Hi everyone, passing a bit of time this morning before work and noticed my clematis has both 4 and 6 petals on the flowers, first thought was the petals were dropping but some are just opening and have 4 petals others have 6, just wondering if...
    Hi everyone, passing a bit of time this morning before work and noticed my clematis has both 4 and 6 petals on the flowers, first thought was the petals were dropping but some are just opening and...
    20190716_071911.jpg 20190715_071708.jpg 20190717_071652.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Joolz

Sheds, sheds, sheds... Argh!!

as a replacement sold by roofing supply wholesalers, not available in the likes of B&Q.
    as a replacement sold by roofing supply wholesalers, not available in the likes of B&Q.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Engelbert

Is it possible to tell what type of comfrey this is? Bocking 14 hopefully!

I think that might be the best way to find out The wild patch as I call it up the lane could be B14 then that perhaps someone has fly tipped a few years ago now as it seems to spread hardly at...
    I think that might be the best way to find out The wild patch as I call it up the lane could be B14 then that perhaps someone has fly tipped a few years ago now as it seems to spread hardly at Allan’s what has appears to be underground runners.. :scratch: Let us know what happens...:thumbsup:
    I think that might be the best way to find out The wild patch as I call it up the lane could be B14 then that perhaps someone has fly tipped a few years ago now as it seems to spread hardly at Allan’s what has appears to be underground runners.....
    I think that might be the best way to find out The wild patch as I call it up the lane could be B14 then that perhaps someone has fly tipped a few years ago now as it seems to spread hardly at...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. fumanchu

Moving Elephant Grass?

Not the same thing, but I dug this up when it was dormant to reduce the size and to propagate. Picture taken last year...I found the roots to be very fibrous and dense, and was fairly easy to...
    Not the same thing, but I dug this up when it was dormant to reduce the size and to propagate. Picture taken last year...I found the roots to be very fibrous and dense, and was fairly easy to dig up. To divide, I started with a spade and gave up. Decided to use an old saw and it cut through...
    Not the same thing, but I dug this up when it was dormant to reduce the size and to propagate. Picture taken last year...I found the roots to be very fibrous and dense, and was fairly easy to dig up. To divide, I started with a spade and...
    Not the same thing, but I dug this up when it was dormant to reduce the size and to propagate. Picture taken last year...I found the roots to be very fibrous and dense, and was fairly easy to...
    A5F73AD7-FD16-4DC1-9B6E-BA684C145AD0.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Varg_Blankenship

Hello, please let me know what you think and/or any ideas for this little concrete front "garden", t

Ooh yes @Varg_Blankenship why fill them with gravel a Camellia or a rose in each would look beautiful as well especially if scented.. @Verdun s advice is perfect I think.. Or even a couple of...
    Ooh yes @Varg_Blankenship why fill them with gravel a Camellia or a rose in each would look beautiful as well especially if scented.. @Verdun s advice is perfect I think.. Or even a couple of patio fruit trees.. :SUNsmile:
    Ooh yes @Varg_Blankenship why fill them with gravel a Camellia or a rose in each would look beautiful as well especially if scented.. @Verdun s advice is perfect I think.. Or even a couple of patio fruit trees.. :SUNsmile:
    Ooh yes @Varg_Blankenship why fill them with gravel a Camellia or a rose in each would look beautiful as well especially if scented.. @Verdun s advice is perfect I think.. Or even a couple of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Ian Taylor
    Like x 5

a few of my clematis

Don't know if he'll do Broughton Bride or Cragside. But he does have some nice clematis for sale, when I was there.
    Don't know if he'll do Broughton Bride or Cragside. But he does have some nice clematis for sale, when I was there.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Verdun
    Agree x 4

So annoying.......

Cheap maybe but that's not the point. It doesn't work, plus it's plastic and we all know that eventually the ever smaller particles end up in the watercourse, poisoning fish, sea birds and other...
    Cheap maybe but that's not the point. It doesn't work, plus it's plastic and we all know that eventually the ever smaller particles end up in the watercourse, poisoning fish, sea birds and other sea life.
    Cheap maybe but that's not the point. It doesn't work, plus it's plastic and we all know that eventually the ever smaller particles end up in the watercourse, poisoning fish, sea birds and other sea life.
    Cheap maybe but that's not the point. It doesn't work, plus it's plastic and we all know that eventually the ever smaller particles end up in the watercourse, poisoning fish, sea birds and other...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Who am I?

Neighbours gardens.

@Doghouse Riley I wouldn't mind your Wisteria overhanging into MY garden lolMy neighbour butchered my Honeysuckle (American Beauty) last year it was well over 10yrs old and he threw it back over...
    @Doghouse Riley I wouldn't mind your Wisteria overhanging into MY garden lolMy neighbour butchered my Honeysuckle (American Beauty) last year it was well over 10yrs old and he threw it back over my fence damaging other plants in the process. Now his Buddleia is encroaching over my fence do I...
    @Doghouse Riley I wouldn't mind your Wisteria overhanging into MY garden lolMy neighbour butchered my Honeysuckle (American Beauty) last year it was well over 10yrs old and he threw it back over my fence damaging other plants in the process....
    @Doghouse Riley I wouldn't mind your Wisteria overhanging into MY garden lolMy neighbour butchered my Honeysuckle (American Beauty) last year it was well over 10yrs old and he threw it back over...
    P1020841.JPG P1020765.JPG P1310877.JPG Capture.JPG IMG_2047.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Ian Simpson

New home Garden clearance

I would have a have a go to tackle it my self at first but I protect my skin with gloves and other appropriate attire dont just pull out the weeds but. Be sure to remove the underground...
    I would have a have a go to tackle it my self at first but I protect my skin with gloves and other appropriate attire dont just pull out the weeds but. Be sure to remove the underground rhizomes completely or the weeds have the habit of growing back quickleySomeone once suggested to...
    I would have a have a go to tackle it my self at first but I protect my skin with gloves and other appropriate attire dont just pull out the weeds but. Be sure to remove the underground rhizomes completely or the weeds have the habit of...
    I would have a have a go to tackle it my self at first but I protect my skin with gloves and other appropriate attire dont just pull out the weeds but. Be sure to remove the underground...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice