Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: What are we doing in the garden 2024 Loofah, Mar 28, 2024 at 7:11 PM
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Arthritis and garden tools pete, Jan 10, 2024
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Miracle Gro MPC - avoid! AnniD, Mar 28, 2024 at 7:59 PM
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Slow and steady - Beginner :-) AnniD, Mar 28, 2024 at 10:30 AM
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
    Latest: Irrigation system Fat Controller, Mar 24, 2024 at 8:47 PM
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Cuttings that root in water JennyJB, Mar 28, 2024 at 5:08 PM
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Got new pullets noisette47, Jul 30, 2023
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. windy miller

New Year Signs of Spring!!!

just spotted them - many thankscan't believe how mild it been here, alright a bit of a battering with the wind and rain today but still warm at 13 deg CShaun
    just spotted them - many thankscan't believe how mild it been here, alright a bit of a battering with the wind and rain today but still warm at 13 deg CShaun
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. mowgley

Coldframes

When you've shifted the annuals out of the frame you could use it for growing a melon.
    When you've shifted the annuals out of the frame you could use it for growing a melon.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. wiseowl

Peacock plant

Hi strongylodon,Blackthorn.Thankyou for the Information,I can,t find the name (Miroscha)Looking at the label which is in Dutch,its got a web site. try and track it down that way.Only just got our...
    Hi strongylodon,Blackthorn.Thankyou for the Information,I can,t find the name (Miroscha)Looking at the label which is in Dutch,its got a web site. try and track it down that way.Only just got our power back on .
    Hi strongylodon,Blackthorn.Thankyou for the Information,I can,t find the name (Miroscha)Looking at the label which is in Dutch,its got a web site. try and track it down that way.Only just got our power back on .
    Hi strongylodon,Blackthorn.Thankyou for the Information,I can,t find the name (Miroscha)Looking at the label which is in Dutch,its got a web site. try and track it down that way.Only just got our...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. PeterS

Tell me your answer - do

Well done, Palustris!! You've got an encyclopaedia for a brain! :DThe lettuce is the most surpising one, but I suppose it's just because we don't normally see any flowers for that, that...
    Well done, Palustris!! You've got an encyclopaedia for a brain! :DThe lettuce is the most surpising one, but I suppose it's just because we don't normally see any flowers for that, that it's so odd.Everyone's talking about the Jerusalem artichokes at the moment, so I looked up about...
    Well done, Palustris!! You've got an encyclopaedia for a brain! :DThe lettuce is the most surpising one, but I suppose it's just because we don't normally see any flowers for that, that it's so odd.Everyone's talking about the Jerusalem...
    Well done, Palustris!! You've got an encyclopaedia for a brain! :DThe lettuce is the most surpising one, but I suppose it's just because we don't normally see any flowers for that, that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Blackthorn

Crown Imperial

Oh no!!! Don't say that Pete!!! I've planted some Imperialis and have great hopes for them. Right I'm off to Google Lily Beetles!!! :D :D
    Oh no!!! Don't say that Pete!!! I've planted some Imperialis and have great hopes for them. Right I'm off to Google Lily Beetles!!! :D :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Rich

Anthureum

Rich, is the anthurium (I presume it is andreanum, the smaller one) leaning over, they are prone to as the crown grows out of the pot in time exposing some of the roots which naturally grow above...
    Rich, is the anthurium (I presume it is andreanum, the smaller one) leaning over, they are prone to as the crown grows out of the pot in time exposing some of the roots which naturally grow above the soil. If the plant is leaning a couple of small split canes would support it. Davy has given you...
    Rich, is the anthurium (I presume it is andreanum, the smaller one) leaning over, they are prone to as the crown grows out of the pot in time exposing some of the roots which naturally grow above the soil. If the plant is leaning a couple of...
    Rich, is the anthurium (I presume it is andreanum, the smaller one) leaning over, they are prone to as the crown grows out of the pot in time exposing some of the roots which naturally grow above...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Rich

Affected leaves

I know it well. One reason why we (in the Parks Depts) never keep geraniums/pelargoniums from year to year as it usually shows itself in the autumn and winter and we don't take cuttings anymore.
    I know it well. One reason why we (in the Parks Depts) never keep geraniums/pelargoniums from year to year as it usually shows itself in the autumn and winter and we don't take cuttings anymore.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. PercyT

very old grape vine

hmmmmm sorry nope I know that the fruit should be a white grape. sorry is very inexperience at this gardening lark tee hee.Have always liked to dig and plant pansys though
    hmmmmm sorry nope I know that the fruit should be a white grape. sorry is very inexperience at this gardening lark tee hee.Have always liked to dig and plant pansys though
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. pjnoodles

what can i plant?

I agree Pete. I was trying to say that I, personally, am "happy with plants that look well in a natural setting etc" I don't insist that everyone else shares my view. I love daffs too,...
    I agree Pete. I was trying to say that I, personally, am "happy with plants that look well in a natural setting etc" I don't insist that everyone else shares my view. I love daffs too, but our "native" wild daffs are fast vanishing because people prefer to plant cultivated varieties. ...
    I agree Pete. I was trying to say that I, personally, am "happy with plants that look well in a natural setting etc" I don't insist that everyone else shares my view. I love daffs too, but our "native" wild daffs are fast vanishing...
    I agree Pete. I was trying to say that I, personally, am "happy with plants that look well in a natural setting etc" I don't insist that everyone else shares my view. I love daffs too,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. TARTAN TERROR

NEED HELP JUST NEW TO THE GARDENING GAME

ours blew over with just a mild breeze so I put a large paving slab on the bottom shelf! that did the trickShaun www.staffordspringgardenshow.co.uk
    ours blew over with just a mild breeze so I put a large paving slab on the bottom shelf! that did the trickShaun www.staffordspringgardenshow.co.uk
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. wiseowl

Make a date

Saw it this evening and was OKish but I loved the Prog Rock soundtrack, I wonder if that was her choice?
    Saw it this evening and was OKish but I loved the Prog Rock soundtrack, I wonder if that was her choice?
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. lazy-gardener

hydrangea - info please

Thanks for that. havent got a greenhouse but just bundled it up with a layer of fleece!
    Thanks for that. havent got a greenhouse but just bundled it up with a layer of fleece!
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. lazy-gardener

my snowdrops are out!!!

easier said than done LG these garden centers know how to display items so that people impuse buy you buy something this week 2 weeks later it is cheaper in another center it is not easy
    easier said than done LG these garden centers know how to display items so that people impuse buy you buy something this week 2 weeks later it is cheaper in another center it is not easy
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. nickt

Bamboo plants problem - HELP!!

bamboos are fast growing and spread fast i would not use chemeical incase you kill the whole plant. dont think your nabour would be to pleases. as said above take to your nabour and try get him to...
    bamboos are fast growing and spread fast i would not use chemeical incase you kill the whole plant. dont think your nabour would be to pleases. as said above take to your nabour and try get him to control the growth to keep it away from your side.
    bamboos are fast growing and spread fast i would not use chemeical incase you kill the whole plant. dont think your nabour would be to pleases. as said above take to your nabour and try get him to control the growth to keep it away from your side.
    bamboos are fast growing and spread fast i would not use chemeical incase you kill the whole plant. dont think your nabour would be to pleases. as said above take to your nabour and try get him to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Palustris

Snowdrops,before, during, after wind!

Do'n't envy your clearing job Palustris. We lost about 4/5 fence panels but they were some 15 years old. My problem is how to restrain the fencing people from crushing emerging plants and etc....
    Do'n't envy your clearing job Palustris. We lost about 4/5 fence panels but they were some 15 years old. My problem is how to restrain the fencing people from crushing emerging plants and etc. while they are working - could cost a lot more........
    Do'n't envy your clearing job Palustris. We lost about 4/5 fence panels but they were some 15 years old. My problem is how to restrain the fencing people from crushing emerging plants and etc. while they are working - could cost a lot more........
    Do'n't envy your clearing job Palustris. We lost about 4/5 fence panels but they were some 15 years old. My problem is how to restrain the fencing people from crushing emerging plants and etc....
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Johnny

North facing garden

Thanks Fran, all these posts are giving me hope. The last garden was East West with sun in the front garden in the morning and the back in the afternoon. This house goes directly onto a street at...
    Thanks Fran, all these posts are giving me hope. The last garden was East West with sun in the front garden in the morning and the back in the afternoon. This house goes directly onto a street at the front were all the sun is at present and none at the back. Hopefully another month or so and...
    Thanks Fran, all these posts are giving me hope. The last garden was East West with sun in the front garden in the morning and the back in the afternoon. This house goes directly onto a street at the front were all the sun is at present and none...
    Thanks Fran, all these posts are giving me hope. The last garden was East West with sun in the front garden in the morning and the back in the afternoon. This house goes directly onto a street at...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. PLOTTY

MY WEEK : 3 UPDATE POSTED

Hello Badsal72 ,yes I do get up very early and I don't know why I never had to get up at that time for work or anything, I do like that time of day though when everything is quiet I can get on...
    Hello Badsal72 ,yes I do get up very early and I don't know why I never had to get up at that time for work or anything, I do like that time of day though when everything is quiet I can get on with things such as on the computer.
    Hello Badsal72 ,yes I do get up very early and I don't know why I never had to get up at that time for work or anything, I do like that time of day though when everything is quiet I can get on with things such as on the computer.
    Hello Badsal72 ,yes I do get up very early and I don't know why I never had to get up at that time for work or anything, I do like that time of day though when everything is quiet I can get on...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Mark B

Weed Control

Thanks a lot guys for the info.I have ordered the greenhouse and they will erect it as well.
    Thanks a lot guys for the info.I have ordered the greenhouse and they will erect it as well.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. kerripaul

Citrus Plant Disaster

Hi Kerripaul.Sometimes in gardening its just a question of wait and see,I never discard any plant until I have done all i can to save it and given it plenty of time to recover.I think if its green...
    Hi Kerripaul.Sometimes in gardening its just a question of wait and see,I never discard any plant until I have done all i can to save it and given it plenty of time to recover.I think if its green its got every chance of survival.It would,nt hurt to give it a little Epsom salt feed just once a...
    Hi Kerripaul.Sometimes in gardening its just a question of wait and see,I never discard any plant until I have done all i can to save it and given it plenty of time to recover.I think if its green its got every chance of survival.It would,nt hurt...
    Hi Kerripaul.Sometimes in gardening its just a question of wait and see,I never discard any plant until I have done all i can to save it and given it plenty of time to recover.I think if its green...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Jonathan 2845

A patch from scratch...!!

Relax! You've all the time you need. I took over my new (uncultivated) plot in May 2004 thinking it would be 'too late'. There was still time to sow and plant pretty much everything, and to buy...
    Relax! You've all the time you need. I took over my new (uncultivated) plot in May 2004 thinking it would be 'too late'. There was still time to sow and plant pretty much everything, and to buy plug plants of anything that needed a long growing season. We have such extended seasons now.In...
    Relax! You've all the time you need. I took over my new (uncultivated) plot in May 2004 thinking it would be 'too late'. There was still time to sow and plant pretty much everything, and to buy plug plants of anything that needed a long growing...
    Relax! You've all the time you need. I took over my new (uncultivated) plot in May 2004 thinking it would be 'too late'. There was still time to sow and plant pretty much everything, and to buy...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice