1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: What are we doing in the garden 2024 katecat58, Apr 18, 2024 at 8:14 PM
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Arthritis and garden tools pete, Jan 10, 2024
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Best supplier of compost 2024 gks, Apr 17, 2024 at 9:07 PM
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
    Latest: Annuals that slugs and snails dislike berarde, Apr 18, 2024 at 11:10 AM
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: My Little Haven Part 2 flounder, Apr 4, 2024
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Cuttings that root in water flounder, Mar 31, 2024
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Got new pullets noisette47, Jul 30, 2023
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. Sam Wiltshire

What to do with narrow borders

What sort of climbers have you got? Some will need support to climb.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Esoxlucius

Photinia, little red robin.

Its probably green because its indoors and the light level are too low, if it was red last year I cant see why it shouldn't be red this year but your picture is in May.I'm looking at a 8ft high...
    Its probably green because its indoors and the light level are too low, if it was red last year I cant see why it shouldn't be red this year but your picture is in May.I'm looking at a 8ft high hedge over the road from me and its covered in new red shoots.
    Its probably green because its indoors and the light level are too low, if it was red last year I cant see why it shouldn't be red this year but your picture is in May.I'm looking at a 8ft high hedge over the road from me and its covered in new...
    Its probably green because its indoors and the light level are too low, if it was red last year I cant see why it shouldn't be red this year but your picture is in May.I'm looking at a 8ft high...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. TheMadHedger

Removing bramble roots ........ the easy way?

I bought mine during lockdown, but struggled with it at first. The head kept coming loose from the handle, despite all the instructions that came with it, and I didn’t want to risk splitting the...
    I bought mine during lockdown, but struggled with it at first. The head kept coming loose from the handle, despite all the instructions that came with it, and I didn’t want to risk splitting the wood handle by putting a nail in it ( actually I would have got OH to do that)Although I could see...
    I bought mine during lockdown, but struggled with it at first. The head kept coming loose from the handle, despite all the instructions that came with it, and I didn’t want to risk splitting the wood handle by putting a nail in it ( actually I...
    I bought mine during lockdown, but struggled with it at first. The head kept coming loose from the handle, despite all the instructions that came with it, and I didn’t want to risk splitting the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Mikey1970.

Identify plant please

Thank you. I love the colour...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Kevin Cowans

How to Propagate Plants when I have no Room for Cold Frame etc.

You don't anything extra for Heucheras or Hellebores. Just pull bits off the heucheras and pot them up, and they'll root very quickly. You could even do it at this time of year. Hellebores will...
    You don't anything extra for Heucheras or Hellebores. Just pull bits off the heucheras and pot them up, and they'll root very quickly. You could even do it at this time of year. Hellebores will seed around so you can pot them up and just leave the pots somewhere sheltered until they grow enough...
    You don't anything extra for Heucheras or Hellebores. Just pull bits off the heucheras and pot them up, and they'll root very quickly. You could even do it at this time of year. Hellebores will seed around so you can pot them up and just leave...
    You don't anything extra for Heucheras or Hellebores. Just pull bits off the heucheras and pot them up, and they'll root very quickly. You could even do it at this time of year. Hellebores will...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. OneOfManyLondoners

Will it live

Much appreciated kind folk
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Spruce

long handled secateurs

Personally, I'd avoid the Lidl long-arm pruner if it crops up. The first time I've bought any of their gardening stuff that fell apart after using a couple of times. I've got a couple of very old...
    Personally, I'd avoid the Lidl long-arm pruner if it crops up. The first time I've bought any of their gardening stuff that fell apart after using a couple of times. I've got a couple of very old pull-cord types which are invaluable for fruit or general tree pruning. Have had two pairs of...
    Personally, I'd avoid the Lidl long-arm pruner if it crops up. The first time I've bought any of their gardening stuff that fell apart after using a couple of times. I've got a couple of very old pull-cord types which are invaluable for fruit or...
    Personally, I'd avoid the Lidl long-arm pruner if it crops up. The first time I've bought any of their gardening stuff that fell apart after using a couple of times. I've got a couple of very old...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Esoxlucius

Misting bottles.

I use a litre tesco branded empty bottle and its great. Feels quite sturdy and you can adjust the spray nozzle which screws to different finenesses.The smaller one is pretty flimsy though.
    I use a litre tesco branded empty bottle and its great. Feels quite sturdy and you can adjust the spray nozzle which screws to different finenesses.The smaller one is pretty flimsy though.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Esoxlucius

Spider mites

When our Fuchsias were that infected we used a typical spray like BugClear Ultra to knock them out, though the plant will probably look miserable for some weeks.Once done, to catch any...
    When our Fuchsias were that infected we used a typical spray like BugClear Ultra to knock them out, though the plant will probably look miserable for some weeks.Once done, to catch any hatchlings as @pete mentions, we treated all plants with a weekly spray of a natural product like SB...
    When our Fuchsias were that infected we used a typical spray like BugClear Ultra to knock them out, though the plant will probably look miserable for some weeks.Once done, to catch any hatchlings as @pete mentions, we treated all plants with a...
    When our Fuchsias were that infected we used a typical spray like BugClear Ultra to knock them out, though the plant will probably look miserable for some weeks.Once done, to catch any...
    001940.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. OneOfManyLondoners

Green bladed plants

Ok, if you don't want to go down the blowing stuff up route, I've had good results using a pruning saw. It's narrow blade can get in between gaps. It takes a bit of effort, but bit by bit you'll...
    Ok, if you don't want to go down the blowing stuff up route, I've had good results using a pruning saw. It's narrow blade can get in between gaps. It takes a bit of effort, but bit by bit you'll dig it out.
    Ok, if you don't want to go down the blowing stuff up route, I've had good results using a pruning saw. It's narrow blade can get in between gaps. It takes a bit of effort, but bit by bit you'll dig it out.
    Ok, if you don't want to go down the blowing stuff up route, I've had good results using a pruning saw. It's narrow blade can get in between gaps. It takes a bit of effort, but bit by bit you'll...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. nightofjoy

Short-ish cut flowers from garden to vase

I tend not to pick anything out, generally, I usually plant a couple of seeds into something like a yogurt pot sized pot and let them crack on. Usually does OK.
    I tend not to pick anything out, generally, I usually plant a couple of seeds into something like a yogurt pot sized pot and let them crack on. Usually does OK.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Spruce

Wisteria growing into a Golden weeping Willow

I absolutely agree with @Obelix-Vendée for the reasons she has given. The wisteria will be too heavy for all but the biggest of weeping willows.
    I absolutely agree with @Obelix-Vendée for the reasons she has given. The wisteria will be too heavy for all but the biggest of weeping willows.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Simon Peake

Tree query and weed.?

Your weed is probably this.....Pellitory-of-the-wall | The Wildlife Trusts
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Dugie

Common Lantana - Winter

Might be worth wearing gloves? They can be quite irritating to the skin.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Lpeek

Everygreen Azaleas turning brown/red

It's quite normal for many of them to change to that colouring. Azaleas like plenty of rainwater but also need good drainage. The soil doesn't have to be terribly acidic, but it needs to be soil...
    It's quite normal for many of them to change to that colouring. Azaleas like plenty of rainwater but also need good drainage. The soil doesn't have to be terribly acidic, but it needs to be soil not compost if they're staying in a pot. They dont' have very deep roots though. I'd move the...
    It's quite normal for many of them to change to that colouring. Azaleas like plenty of rainwater but also need good drainage. The soil doesn't have to be terribly acidic, but it needs to be soil not compost if they're staying in a pot. They...
    It's quite normal for many of them to change to that colouring. Azaleas like plenty of rainwater but also need good drainage. The soil doesn't have to be terribly acidic, but it needs to be soil...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. GaryGarden

Spring bulbs flowering now

I also planted a load of bulbs at the beginning of September as I was due to have surgery and wouldn't have been able to do them later. The op never happened and now they are popping up all over,...
    I also planted a load of bulbs at the beginning of September as I was due to have surgery and wouldn't have been able to do them later. The op never happened and now they are popping up all over, but not flowering so far.
    I also planted a load of bulbs at the beginning of September as I was due to have surgery and wouldn't have been able to do them later. The op never happened and now they are popping up all over, but not flowering so far.
    I also planted a load of bulbs at the beginning of September as I was due to have surgery and wouldn't have been able to do them later. The op never happened and now they are popping up all over,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Blobert

Large Trees Brought Indoors All Dying! Please Help Me Save Them!

Option 1 is the only way @Blobert .IMHO they're not indoor trees and need to be outside.Fab trees though.
    Option 1 is the only way @Blobert .IMHO they're not indoor trees and need to be outside.Fab trees though.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Esoxlucius

Frost/wind protection

This is a picture I've just taken just to give you an idea of the set up. The purpose of the wood framework is to simply give it more height. When it rains heavily the rain leaks in through the...
    This is a picture I've just taken just to give you an idea of the set up. The purpose of the wood framework is to simply give it more height. When it rains heavily the rain leaks in through the gaps between the wood/tub/top sheet and then pools in the bottom, hence my idea to shrink wrap around...
    This is a picture I've just taken just to give you an idea of the set up. The purpose of the wood framework is to simply give it more height. When it rains heavily the rain leaks in through the gaps between the wood/tub/top sheet and then pools...
    This is a picture I've just taken just to give you an idea of the set up. The purpose of the wood framework is to simply give it more height. When it rains heavily the rain leaks in through the...
    IMG_20231015_141510_HDR.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Perki

Overwintering GH or garage ?

That's dedication for you, sleeping with your plants to keep them warm!:heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. burnie

Have you seen this or tried it?

Out Of Town...Wow! takes me back to my childhood, my Dad always watched it.:)
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice