1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Arthritis and garden tools pete, Jan 10, 2024
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Best supplier of compost 2024 gks, Apr 17, 2024 at 9:07 PM
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
    Latest: Annuals that slugs and snails dislike berarde, Apr 18, 2024 at 11:10 AM
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: My Little Haven Part 2 flounder, Apr 4, 2024
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Cuttings that root in water flounder, Mar 31, 2024
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Got new pullets noisette47, Jul 30, 2023
Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1. Fat Controller

Gladioli

Thanks @Punkdoc
    Thanks @Punkdoc
    Thanks @Punkdoc
    Thanks @Punkdoc
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Nik
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. wildflower

Wind..

sorry to hear about all your losses, its sickening to lose your green house,the winds here in stonehaven have been so bad,made my first xmas basket looked allright,smashed to bits in next doors...
    sorry to hear about all your losses, its sickening to lose your green house,the winds here in stonehaven have been so bad,made my first xmas basket looked allright,smashed to bits in next doors garden.end of basket :mad: :mad:my friend lives on the beach front, water right over the wall windscreen...
    sorry to hear about all your losses, its sickening to lose your green house,the winds here in stonehaven have been so bad,made my first xmas basket looked allright,smashed to bits in next doors garden.end of basket :mad: :mad:my friend lives on the...
    sorry to hear about all your losses, its sickening to lose your green house,the winds here in stonehaven have been so bad,made my first xmas basket looked allright,smashed to bits in next doors...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Verdun

Who else?

Need evidence
    Need evidence
    Need evidence
    Need evidence
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. rosietutu
    Like x 4

Seed Catalogues

Chiltern Seeds wins on the cover stakes IMO, but then loses with lack of pictures inside.I ordered two new Clematis from Thorncroft Clematis. I thought I'd seen everything online but NO! An...
    Chiltern Seeds wins on the cover stakes IMO, but then loses with lack of pictures inside.I ordered two new Clematis from Thorncroft Clematis. I thought I'd seen everything online but NO! An entire catalogue packed full of shiny new things I can buy. Hundreds of them! If only I had more...
    Chiltern Seeds wins on the cover stakes IMO, but then loses with lack of pictures inside.I ordered two new Clematis from Thorncroft Clematis. I thought I'd seen everything online but NO! An entire catalogue packed full of shiny new things I...
    Chiltern Seeds wins on the cover stakes IMO, but then loses with lack of pictures inside.I ordered two new Clematis from Thorncroft Clematis. I thought I'd seen everything online but NO! An...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Simon Clawson

Raised beds for a garden corners with access only from the hypotenusa

Always better to do it well the first time with digging! Total embuggerance doing it twice
    Always better to do it well the first time with digging! Total embuggerance doing it twice
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Verdun

Warmest day of the year tomorrow

Having just spent a few days in Delhi (again) I can definitely support that thought. :thumbsup:
    Having just spent a few days in Delhi (again) I can definitely support that thought. :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Verdun
    Agree x 7

Right or wrong?

Has you asked, dead calfs from local farms and a few other things :mute:;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Matt Stone

Shady Climbers: Specific location

I agreen NCF, but I wouldn't have plastic Bamboo in my garden!!:nonofinger::dunno::whistle::heehee:
    I agreen NCF, but I wouldn't have plastic Bamboo in my garden!!:nonofinger::dunno::whistle::heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. JJmac

Herbs: advice on perennials in window box pls

Hi Sheal, I hope your well and thanks for the reply.I managed to off load 3 of these amaryllis to a visitor yesterday, and the other 6 have dibs on them I also ordered my 3 herbs for the...
    Hi Sheal, I hope your well and thanks for the reply.I managed to off load 3 of these amaryllis to a visitor yesterday, and the other 6 have dibs on them I also ordered my 3 herbs for the trough, marjoram, oregano & thyme. I decided against the rosemary as it does need a bit more room than I'm...
    Hi Sheal, I hope your well and thanks for the reply.I managed to off load 3 of these amaryllis to a visitor yesterday, and the other 6 have dibs on them I also ordered my 3 herbs for the trough, marjoram, oregano & thyme. I decided against the...
    Hi Sheal, I hope your well and thanks for the reply.I managed to off load 3 of these amaryllis to a visitor yesterday, and the other 6 have dibs on them I also ordered my 3 herbs for the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. boygardener

Gardeners world

Hi Craig. I think last year they did some trials on about three different types of sunflower - I can't remember exactly. The first 5,000 or so people who wrote in got a free packet and they were...
    Hi Craig. I think last year they did some trials on about three different types of sunflower - I can't remember exactly. The first 5,000 or so people who wrote in got a free packet and they were expected to report back. There may have been some other plants involved as well. I felt it was a...
    Hi Craig. I think last year they did some trials on about three different types of sunflower - I can't remember exactly. The first 5,000 or so people who wrote in got a free packet and they were expected to report back. There may have been some...
    Hi Craig. I think last year they did some trials on about three different types of sunflower - I can't remember exactly. The first 5,000 or so people who wrote in got a free packet and they were...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. SuzFlowers

Would you mind neighbour growing rose on your garage wall?

Indeed. That’s modern planning for you. I think they knocked it up on the back of an envelope on a Friday afternoon. But I count my blessings and am just very happy to have my own garden.
    Indeed. That’s modern planning for you. I think they knocked it up on the back of an envelope on a Friday afternoon. But I count my blessings and am just very happy to have my own garden.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. r2oo

Want to have a go at propagating seed!

Ok, ignore me...just seen the info....sorry
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Logan
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. "M"
    Like x 17

Gardening with "M"

The spider is doing very well and having the time of his life. Although he did get a bit drunk on some of the Pimms that was going around when you were here! :rolleyespink:
    The spider is doing very well and having the time of his life. Although he did get a bit drunk on some of the Pimms that was going around when you were here! :rolleyespink:
    Hose.jpg Hose 2.jpg Hose 3.jpg DSCF6230 (640x613).jpg DSCF6233 (539x640).jpg DSCF6234 (530x640).jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. lazy-gardener

what does your garden look like at the mo?

It'll be nice to see it like that in the summer, U2BG! :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. lifeflower

Is gardening an art form?

This is my personal favourite answer. It says it all!
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. roders

New Garden TV Programme.

Sorry, meant to mention this yesterday ... New rerun of the series started this morning - 08:20 BBC2. So you've missed "A" :heehee: - but its on iPlayer - but you can series-record "B" onwards from...
    Sorry, meant to mention this yesterday ... New rerun of the series started this morning - 08:20 BBC2. So you've missed "A" :heehee: - but its on iPlayer - but you can series-record "B" onwards from tomorrow ... if you want to.
    Sorry, meant to mention this yesterday ... New rerun of the series started this morning - 08:20 BBC2. So you've missed "A" :heehee: - but its on iPlayer - but you can series-record "B" onwards from tomorrow ... if you want to.
    Sorry, meant to mention this yesterday ... New rerun of the series started this morning - 08:20 BBC2. So you've missed "A" :heehee: - but its on iPlayer - but you can series-record "B" onwards from...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. RDB85

Hayter 48 keeps cutting out

What I do is remove the blade, balance it on a round bar (a round pencil will do) and see if it sits steady (unlikely even with a good blade) then file a bit off the end of the heavy half until it...
    What I do is remove the blade, balance it on a round bar (a round pencil will do) and see if it sits steady (unlikely even with a good blade) then file a bit off the end of the heavy half until it is near as balanced as you can get it.
    What I do is remove the blade, balance it on a round bar (a round pencil will do) and see if it sits steady (unlikely even with a good blade) then file a bit off the end of the heavy half until it is near as balanced as you can get it.
    What I do is remove the blade, balance it on a round bar (a round pencil will do) and see if it sits steady (unlikely even with a good blade) then file a bit off the end of the heavy half until it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. xf8u39

Plant idenfication

Yes, a small pink flowered rampant doer! Jenny namaste
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice