1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: Verdicts on water retention crystals Clueless 1 v2, Apr 20, 2024 at 2:20 PM
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Arthritis and garden tools pete, Jan 10, 2024
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Best supplier of compost 2024 gks, Apr 17, 2024 at 9:07 PM
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
    Latest: Annuals that slugs and snails dislike BB3, Apr 19, 2024 at 8:17 PM
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: My Little Haven Part 2 flounder, Apr 4, 2024
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Cuttings that root in water flounder, Mar 31, 2024
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Got new pullets noisette47, Jul 30, 2023
Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. Redwing
    Like x 5

White Verbena Bonariensis

I’ve been asked how my white ver bon has stood up so I thought I’d update this thread. Sadly it did not prove stable. The few cuttings I rooted threw a mixture of white and purple flowers and none...
    I’ve been asked how my white ver bon has stood up so I thought I’d update this thread. Sadly it did not prove stable. The few cuttings I rooted threw a mixture of white and purple flowers and none produced solely white ones....so I will not be making my fortune. There were some white flowers...
    I’ve been asked how my white ver bon has stood up so I thought I’d update this thread. Sadly it did not prove stable. The few cuttings I rooted threw a mixture of white and purple flowers and none produced solely white ones....so I will not be...
    I’ve been asked how my white ver bon has stood up so I thought I’d update this thread. Sadly it did not prove stable. The few cuttings I rooted threw a mixture of white and purple flowers and none...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Bear1

White spider lilly

I grew some last year for the first time...the temptation of a heavily discounted bag of them was too much to ignoreI kept them in the pot but got a bit too wet early on in the autumn so may...
    I grew some last year for the first time...the temptation of a heavily discounted bag of them was too much to ignoreI kept them in the pot but got a bit too wet early on in the autumn so may have rotted...will investigate soon. Here's a shot of the first flower that opened late June
    I grew some last year for the first time...the temptation of a heavily discounted bag of them was too much to ignoreI kept them in the pot but got a bit too wet early on in the autumn so may have rotted...will investigate soon. Here's a shot of...
    I grew some last year for the first time...the temptation of a heavily discounted bag of them was too much to ignoreI kept them in the pot but got a bit too wet early on in the autumn so may...
    20240314_112717.jpg PXL_20230619_102438885.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. NessaJ70

White hydrangea recommendations

Below is an example of the flopping problem with Strong Annabelle/Incredibelle. The first photo (the blooms are white) shows the new blooms and a plant of about 7 feet high or 2.1 meters. The...
    Below is an example of the flopping problem with Strong Annabelle/Incredibelle. The first photo (the blooms are white) shows the new blooms and a plant of about 7 feet high or 2.1 meters. The second photo was taken several months later. After going through several thunderstorms, the stems were...
    Below is an example of the flopping problem with Strong Annabelle/Incredibelle. The first photo (the blooms are white) shows the new blooms and a plant of about 7 feet high or 2.1 meters. The second photo was taken several months later. After...
    Below is an example of the flopping problem with Strong Annabelle/Incredibelle. The first photo (the blooms are white) shows the new blooms and a plant of about 7 feet high or 2.1 meters. The...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. miraflores

WHICH SOIL in your garden?

Thanks Miraflores - That's a really interesting article. I always assume (as a Yorkshireman) that tests etc will cost loads, but I guess reading that it all quite 'secondary school' thinking
    Thanks Miraflores - That's a really interesting article. I always assume (as a Yorkshireman) that tests etc will cost loads, but I guess reading that it all quite 'secondary school' thinking
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. NorthantsGeezer

Which plant can't you wait to flower?

Sadly neither of them flowered this year - due to the late frosts we had which killed the emerging blooms :frown:
    Sadly neither of them flowered this year - due to the late frosts we had which killed the emerging blooms :frown:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. McClements

Which Clematis flower

I would go for clematis Montana.....the variety Grandiflora which is nicely scented. Masses of flowers at this time of year on vigorous plants. Easily and quickly cover height and width...
    I would go for clematis Montana.....the variety Grandiflora which is nicely scented. Masses of flowers at this time of year on vigorous plants. Easily and quickly cover height and width required. I planted a couple of these clematis at my niece’s new build last autumn and they have flowered...
    I would go for clematis Montana.....the variety Grandiflora which is nicely scented. Masses of flowers at this time of year on vigorous plants. Easily and quickly cover height and width required. I planted a couple of these clematis at my...
    I would go for clematis Montana.....the variety Grandiflora which is nicely scented. Masses of flowers at this time of year on vigorous plants. Easily and quickly cover height and width...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. ennnceee

Which Bush Tomatoes?

Hi,Do you have a greenhouse or electric propagator ?Without either would say you have sown too early if you just have them on a widow cill ?Provided you can give them the warmth and light...
    Hi,Do you have a greenhouse or electric propagator ?Without either would say you have sown too early if you just have them on a widow cill ?Provided you can give them the warmth and light they are no harder to grow than any other plant but waiting a few more weeks until the cold weather...
    Hi,Do you have a greenhouse or electric propagator ?Without either would say you have sown too early if you just have them on a widow cill ?Provided you can give them the warmth and light they are no harder to grow than any other plant but...
    Hi,Do you have a greenhouse or electric propagator ?Without either would say you have sown too early if you just have them on a widow cill ?Provided you can give them the warmth and light...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Mrs Bobs

Where to plant my Magnolia

Thanks Palustris. I'll have to find something that will cope with the windy area.I could always keep the magnolia small and put it in a large pot. Then I could move it about a bit and have it on...
    Thanks Palustris. I'll have to find something that will cope with the windy area.I could always keep the magnolia small and put it in a large pot. Then I could move it about a bit and have it on the patio at the top of the garden in the summer. It's nice and sheltered there.
    Thanks Palustris. I'll have to find something that will cope with the windy area.I could always keep the magnolia small and put it in a large pot. Then I could move it about a bit and have it on the patio at the top of the garden in the summer....
    Thanks Palustris. I'll have to find something that will cope with the windy area.I could always keep the magnolia small and put it in a large pot. Then I could move it about a bit and have it on...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Peorthine

Where to get soil from?

Got a problem with soil still not able to supply what I want. They are not able to screen any topsoil at the moment as it is too wet. so have put back the delivery for a month, hope we get some...
    Got a problem with soil still not able to supply what I want. They are not able to screen any topsoil at the moment as it is too wet. so have put back the delivery for a month, hope we get some better weather so soil will dry out . Trevor
    Got a problem with soil still not able to supply what I want. They are not able to screen any topsoil at the moment as it is too wet. so have put back the delivery for a month, hope we get some better weather so soil will dry out . Trevor
    Got a problem with soil still not able to supply what I want. They are not able to screen any topsoil at the moment as it is too wet. so have put back the delivery for a month, hope we get some...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. blacktulip

Where to buy topsoil in bulk bag

I'm thinking of buying topsoil and getting it from topsoilshop, I've heard some quite good things about them and the bulk end will help do all of my garden. :hapfeet:
    I'm thinking of buying topsoil and getting it from topsoilshop, I've heard some quite good things about them and the bulk end will help do all of my garden. :hapfeet:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. regional

where to buy the best bulbs

Welcome. Another vote for Wilkinsons from me.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. andy-gardener

Where do I start with this mess? :)

Very, very true and something I think most of us can relate to :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Fat Controller

Where best to buy brugmansia?

It already below 5C at night most nights already and they been living in the GH all summer until the frost nipped them . I just see how they go in the spare room , the heating barely on in that room.
    It already below 5C at night most nights already and they been living in the GH all summer until the frost nipped them . I just see how they go in the spare room , the heating barely on in that room.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. r2oo

When to prune Verbina Rigida

If you are going to leave them outside, I would leave the top growth on as Dendro said, to give them a bit more protection over the winter. I dug mine up, and they are overwintering in a...
    If you are going to leave them outside, I would leave the top growth on as Dendro said, to give them a bit more protection over the winter. I dug mine up, and they are overwintering in a summerhouse. The roots are somewhat thick and tuberous and rather brittle. They do say you can treat them...
    If you are going to leave them outside, I would leave the top growth on as Dendro said, to give them a bit more protection over the winter. I dug mine up, and they are overwintering in a summerhouse. The roots are somewhat thick and tuberous and...
    If you are going to leave them outside, I would leave the top growth on as Dendro said, to give them a bit more protection over the winter. I dug mine up, and they are overwintering in a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Barders

When to prune Fatsia japonica's flowers?

Thank you @strongylodon I will definitely leave them until they drop, looking forward to seeing who enjoys them!
    Thank you @strongylodon I will definitely leave them until they drop, looking forward to seeing who enjoys them!
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Tricky Tree

When to plant in the garden

I prefer to start with a smaller pot and move them on to larger pots as they grow if I can't put them out until later. That way the plants don't get 'lost' in the pot and because the roots are...
    I prefer to start with a smaller pot and move them on to larger pots as they grow if I can't put them out until later. That way the plants don't get 'lost' in the pot and because the roots are nearer the bottom of the pot they get to the water easier. Once I see roots starting to show out the...
    I prefer to start with a smaller pot and move them on to larger pots as they grow if I can't put them out until later. That way the plants don't get 'lost' in the pot and because the roots are nearer the bottom of the pot they get to the water...
    I prefer to start with a smaller pot and move them on to larger pots as they grow if I can't put them out until later. That way the plants don't get 'lost' in the pot and because the roots are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. HarryS

When to cut Conifers etc.

Cheers Martin , bloomin' August is getting a bit late.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Stingo

When should I ?

Thank you I'll do it now
    Thank you I'll do it now
    Thank you I'll do it now
    Thank you I'll do it now
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. wiseowl

whats blooming

Help! Euphorbia Characias coming into flower. daft thing.Lonicera Fragrantissima
    Help! Euphorbia Characias coming into flower. daft thing.Lonicera Fragrantissima
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Nimisgardens

What's this bush called?

Could be either F. Magellanica Gracilis ( which has long arching stems ) or F. Magellanica " Riccartonii " ( more upright and stiffer growth ).No such thing as " Riccardii ", sorry.
    Could be either F. Magellanica Gracilis ( which has long arching stems ) or F. Magellanica " Riccartonii " ( more upright and stiffer growth ).No such thing as " Riccardii ", sorry.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice