1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: Is this little blossom tree dead? Pink678, Apr 24, 2024 at 8:36 PM
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Arthritis and garden tools pete, Jan 10, 2024
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Which soil improver? fairygirl, Apr 24, 2024 at 7:27 PM
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: My Little Haven Part 2 flounder, Apr 4, 2024
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
    Latest: Best tool for trimming edges of lawn amancalledgeorge, Apr 22, 2024 at 12:27 PM
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Cuttings that root in water flounder, Mar 31, 2024
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Oh Dear! Goldenlily26, Apr 24, 2024 at 11:48 AM
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Wardy

Cranberry plant help

Replies:
    Views:
  2. philomel

Propagating Chimonanthus praecox

Thanks very much noisette, great info re your seed raised plant. And thanks so much for your offer of seed that's really kind, I'll try the cuttings and take you up on your offer if it doesn't work :dbgrtmb: :)
    Thanks very much noisette, great info re your seed raised plant. And thanks so much for your offer of seed that's really kind, I'll try the cuttings and take you up on your offer if it doesn't work :dbgrtmb: :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. rosietutu

Garden refuse Bins

There was a chap here in Filey who went round every day picking up litter,he had a handy cap but was devoted to looking after his elderly mum and he did this in his own time,our local town...
    There was a chap here in Filey who went round every day picking up litter,he had a handy cap but was devoted to looking after his elderly mum and he did this in his own time,our local town council gave him 2 scrolls for his devotion to this act of goodness,sadly he lost his mum and went a bit...
    There was a chap here in Filey who went round every day picking up litter,he had a handy cap but was devoted to looking after his elderly mum and he did this in his own time,our local town council gave him 2 scrolls for his devotion to this act...
    There was a chap here in Filey who went round every day picking up litter,he had a handy cap but was devoted to looking after his elderly mum and he did this in his own time,our local town...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. rosietutu
    Like x 4

Seed Catalogues

Chiltern Seeds wins on the cover stakes IMO, but then loses with lack of pictures inside.I ordered two new Clematis from Thorncroft Clematis. I thought I'd seen everything online but NO! An...
    Chiltern Seeds wins on the cover stakes IMO, but then loses with lack of pictures inside.I ordered two new Clematis from Thorncroft Clematis. I thought I'd seen everything online but NO! An entire catalogue packed full of shiny new things I can buy. Hundreds of them! If only I had more...
    Chiltern Seeds wins on the cover stakes IMO, but then loses with lack of pictures inside.I ordered two new Clematis from Thorncroft Clematis. I thought I'd seen everything online but NO! An entire catalogue packed full of shiny new things I...
    Chiltern Seeds wins on the cover stakes IMO, but then loses with lack of pictures inside.I ordered two new Clematis from Thorncroft Clematis. I thought I'd seen everything online but NO! An...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Designzilla

My Areca Palm is dying

I hope it is not one of these guys...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. maria
    Like x 4

lovely neighbors:)

Its nice to have neighbours like that Maria..pity about the greenhouse though:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Dips

Will cutting the stamen out of lillies harm them?

It won't harm them Dips.For Lilies for display that we bring into the house we always snip off the anthers (the end bit of the stamen that produces the pollen) because it stains clothing if you...
    It won't harm them Dips.For Lilies for display that we bring into the house we always snip off the anthers (the end bit of the stamen that produces the pollen) because it stains clothing if you accidentally brush past them.
    It won't harm them Dips.For Lilies for display that we bring into the house we always snip off the anthers (the end bit of the stamen that produces the pollen) because it stains clothing if you accidentally brush past them.
    It won't harm them Dips.For Lilies for display that we bring into the house we always snip off the anthers (the end bit of the stamen that produces the pollen) because it stains clothing if you...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Jenny McDonnell

Bosch Rotak 36 Lawnmower

Thanks for your comment merleworld ...I will check that out!
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Ayrshire Bob

Help with picking some plants

Welcome!My gut feeling is that you need to look to plants from SE Asia and better still Australia north of the Tropic of Capricorn as Australia has particularly high UV levels. I'm assuming that...
    Welcome!My gut feeling is that you need to look to plants from SE Asia and better still Australia north of the Tropic of Capricorn as Australia has particularly high UV levels. I'm assuming that the temperature is 25°c or more?Could you suspend an Aeschynanthus to trail down.
    Welcome!My gut feeling is that you need to look to plants from SE Asia and better still Australia north of the Tropic of Capricorn as Australia has particularly high UV levels. I'm assuming that the temperature is 25°c or more?Could you...
    Welcome!My gut feeling is that you need to look to plants from SE Asia and better still Australia north of the Tropic of Capricorn as Australia has particularly high UV levels. I'm assuming that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. elainefiz

Dhalia tubers

Whoops, wonder how it went!
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. lazy-gardener

dahlias-do they need to be lifted?

Hi I have never grown them before but I intend to this year. Take a look at you tube it amazing
    Hi I have never grown them before but I intend to this year. Take a look at you tube it amazing
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Jungle Jane

Could I mulch my beds with this stuff?

If you had enough,could you use them for paths on your lotty?
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. CharlieBot

Alliums and daffs in pots

:noidea: Could you put them into a larger pot? :scratch:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Andrew lace

Burn bin help

I would think the wood will get hot too, smoulder then burn, have you nowhere to put a paving slab to stand it over. I have mine over gravel. Unfortunately one year it was too close to the apple...
    I would think the wood will get hot too, smoulder then burn, have you nowhere to put a paving slab to stand it over. I have mine over gravel. Unfortunately one year it was too close to the apple tree and I had some roasted apples.
    I would think the wood will get hot too, smoulder then burn, have you nowhere to put a paving slab to stand it over. I have mine over gravel. Unfortunately one year it was too close to the apple tree and I had some roasted apples.
    I would think the wood will get hot too, smoulder then burn, have you nowhere to put a paving slab to stand it over. I have mine over gravel. Unfortunately one year it was too close to the apple...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. JackJJW

Little brown mushrooms?

LBM's are really difficult to identify :sad:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Mad Hatter

My bonsai, help?

Hello Sheal, thanks so so much for your help, I really appreciate it. I think there is only one room in the house it can go as other areas are light but drafty. Fingers crossed it does a bit...
    Hello Sheal, thanks so so much for your help, I really appreciate it. I think there is only one room in the house it can go as other areas are light but drafty. Fingers crossed it does a bit better when I move it. Bonasi's are so lovely but yes I agree I think they must be pretty temperamental....
    Hello Sheal, thanks so so much for your help, I really appreciate it. I think there is only one room in the house it can go as other areas are light but drafty. Fingers crossed it does a bit better when I move it. Bonasi's are so lovely but yes I...
    Hello Sheal, thanks so so much for your help, I really appreciate it. I think there is only one room in the house it can go as other areas are light but drafty. Fingers crossed it does a bit...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Jiffy

H

This is what Google came up with for a four legged grey thing with a bushy tail . Do you have many of these in your area Jiffy :biggrin:
    This is what Google came up with for a four legged grey thing with a bushy tail . Do you have many of these in your area Jiffy :biggrin:
    nwsakiwf.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. CharlieBot

Your best bargains 2014

so pleased i got raised bed kits reduced to £25 each instead of £40 at hombase:) oh and a garden stone sculpture reduced from £25 to £12.70 :) mum gave me a tenner so i paid £2.70 heheheh
    so pleased i got raised bed kits reduced to £25 each instead of £40 at hombase:) oh and a garden stone sculpture reduced from £25 to £12.70 :) mum gave me a tenner so i paid £2.70 heheheh
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Andrew lace

Help with worms

I believe Andrew has a base on his bin/s Pete, so earthworms wouldn't find their way in.
    I believe Andrew has a base on his bin/s Pete, so earthworms wouldn't find their way in.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Andrew lace

Help with wooden pallets

I just need to find a company when has pallets they do not need
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice