Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: What's looking good MARCH 2024 Chicky, Mar 28, 2024 at 9:24 AM
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Arthritis and garden tools pete, Jan 10, 2024
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: New garden fairygirl, Mar 28, 2024 at 7:21 AM
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
    Latest: Irrigation system Fat Controller, Mar 24, 2024 at 8:47 PM
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Seed sowing 2024 JWK, Mar 24, 2024 at 9:29 PM
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Got new pullets noisette47, Jul 30, 2023
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. deadfrog66

Help with electrical

You're welcome:coffee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. deadfrog66

Greenhouse help

Different ball game. But it won't be cheap to get an electrician in to put power in safely.:dunno::snork:
    Different ball game. But it won't be cheap to get an electrician in to put power in safely.:dunno::snork:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. dazanteney4

Waterbut and a hosepipe

You only have the head of water to supply your hose pipe. If the butt is full you should get adequate pressure at the tap when filling a watering can. My set up is pretty much the same as yours. I...
    You only have the head of water to supply your hose pipe. If the butt is full you should get adequate pressure at the tap when filling a watering can. My set up is pretty much the same as yours. I would rule out any kind of hose pipe because of the head of water. I assume you will be holding the...
    You only have the head of water to supply your hose pipe. If the butt is full you should get adequate pressure at the tap when filling a watering can. My set up is pretty much the same as yours. I would rule out any kind of hose pipe because of...
    You only have the head of water to supply your hose pipe. If the butt is full you should get adequate pressure at the tap when filling a watering can. My set up is pretty much the same as yours. I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Ellie Jones

Got a delivery date for the greenhouse

That what I like to do as wellSent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Ellie Jones
    Like x 3

Decision Made and Greenhouse now ordered

@KristenI know but the greenhouse is only 6' x 8' so space is going to be pretty tight, perhaps I go one or two tomatoes plants in the greenhouse and a couple outside.This year I brought...
    @KristenI know but the greenhouse is only 6' x 8' so space is going to be pretty tight, perhaps I go one or two tomatoes plants in the greenhouse and a couple outside.This year I brought two supposedly cherry trailing tomatoes plants from B&Q in their sale section, paid something like...
    @KristenI know but the greenhouse is only 6' x 8' so space is going to be pretty tight, perhaps I go one or two tomatoes plants in the greenhouse and a couple outside.This year I brought two supposedly cherry trailing tomatoes plants...
    @KristenI know but the greenhouse is only 6' x 8' so space is going to be pretty tight, perhaps I go one or two tomatoes plants in the greenhouse and a couple outside.This year I brought...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Ellie Jones

I'm confused Greenhouse Base, ploycarb glazing etc...

I'd forgotten about this :redface: but electrics I wasn't planning to do until next year, purely on cost grounds and working out the best route for the trunking/cabling from house to greenhouse. ...
    I'd forgotten about this :redface: but electrics I wasn't planning to do until next year, purely on cost grounds and working out the best route for the trunking/cabling from house to greenhouse.Sadly 8' x 8', is bout the max, might be able to at a push got to 10' but the greenhouse isn't going...
    I'd forgotten about this :redface: but electrics I wasn't planning to do until next year, purely on cost grounds and working out the best route for the trunking/cabling from house to greenhouse.Sadly 8' x 8', is bout the max, might be able to at...
    I'd forgotten about this :redface: but electrics I wasn't planning to do until next year, purely on cost grounds and working out the best route for the trunking/cabling from house to greenhouse. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Joan Ponsford

growing veg in containers

We pick our (soil grown) Pink Fir Apples quite early ... they were planted very late this year (I'm guessing mid June), and we have been harvesting Pink Fir Apple for a week or two. Whilst they...
    We pick our (soil grown) Pink Fir Apples quite early ... they were planted very late this year (I'm guessing mid June), and we have been harvesting Pink Fir Apple for a week or two. Whilst they are a main crop, they produce small-ish spuds, so I think can be harvested relatively early - we like...
    We pick our (soil grown) Pink Fir Apples quite early ... they were planted very late this year (I'm guessing mid June), and we have been harvesting Pink Fir Apple for a week or two. Whilst they are a main crop, they produce small-ish spuds, so I...
    We pick our (soil grown) Pink Fir Apples quite early ... they were planted very late this year (I'm guessing mid June), and we have been harvesting Pink Fir Apple for a week or two. Whilst they...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. mismail

Help, what are these plants called?

I would agree with you there Palustris. The head looks uneven like A. shubertii. But as you said Annie its just like A. christophii - but on a bad hair day. I have grown loads of A. christophii...
    I would agree with you there Palustris. The head looks uneven like A. shubertii. But as you said Annie its just like A. christophii - but on a bad hair day. I have grown loads of A. christophii from seed but even after 4 years they are very small and not flowering size. I would like to know...
    I would agree with you there Palustris. The head looks uneven like A. shubertii. But as you said Annie its just like A. christophii - but on a bad hair day. I have grown loads of A. christophii from seed but even after 4 years they are very...
    I would agree with you there Palustris. The head looks uneven like A. shubertii. But as you said Annie its just like A. christophii - but on a bad hair day. I have grown loads of A. christophii...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Elyce

Grevillea Olympic Flame

Only grown G. "canberra gem", but this looks very similar.I found it the kind of plant you just leave to get on with it, then hack back when it gets out of control. But I was growing in the...
    Only grown G. "canberra gem", but this looks very similar.I found it the kind of plant you just leave to get on with it, then hack back when it gets out of control. But I was growing in the ground, not sure it would like a container, its quite a big shrub. As to not feeding? Not sure that is...
    Only grown G. "canberra gem", but this looks very similar.I found it the kind of plant you just leave to get on with it, then hack back when it gets out of control. But I was growing in the ground, not sure it would like a container, its quite...
    Only grown G. "canberra gem", but this looks very similar.I found it the kind of plant you just leave to get on with it, then hack back when it gets out of control. But I was growing in the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Michal

Recommended Top Soil depth above clay for Lawn

I decided to get rid of rubble first. After 7h of digging I removed like 12 bircks and 20-30 bigger stones. Easily get through clay and I get 30 cm of nicely moved surface (I was able to gid...
    I decided to get rid of rubble first. After 7h of digging I removed like 12 bircks and 20-30 bigger stones. Easily get through clay and I get 30 cm of nicely moved surface (I was able to gid shouvle with no power used and move it in the ground).It is all thanks to you... but... There is new...
    I decided to get rid of rubble first. After 7h of digging I removed like 12 bircks and 20-30 bigger stones. Easily get through clay and I get 30 cm of nicely moved surface (I was able to gid shouvle with no power used and move it in the...
    I decided to get rid of rubble first. After 7h of digging I removed like 12 bircks and 20-30 bigger stones. Easily get through clay and I get 30 cm of nicely moved surface (I was able to gid...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. deadfrog66

Help with chilli and pepper plants

I was a away for a week and the sun got to them
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. deadfrog66

Need help with Strawberries please

How come my mums strawberries have no fruit please can some one help
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. deadfrog66

Lawn care

What's the best way to get me lawn back to good
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. CharlieBot

Looking for reliable tulips

I grow tulips in pots and they usually come back the next year with no effort from me. I had noticed that the pots which only had tulips were more reliable than those which contained other plants...
    I grow tulips in pots and they usually come back the next year with no effort from me. I had noticed that the pots which only had tulips were more reliable than those which contained other plants too. Reading this thread, I'm guessing it may be because I water the pots with other plants whilst...
    I grow tulips in pots and they usually come back the next year with no effort from me. I had noticed that the pots which only had tulips were more reliable than those which contained other plants too. Reading this thread, I'm guessing it may be...
    I grow tulips in pots and they usually come back the next year with no effort from me. I had noticed that the pots which only had tulips were more reliable than those which contained other plants...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. andy.lace.3

Compost bin

I just been give some nettle roots how should I plant themSent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I just been give some nettle roots how should I plant themSent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. begoodian

Cordyline

I told you they would grow from the old root:thumbsup::dbgrtmb: , put the whole lot in a pot and next spring you can divide if you want, cut them from the original root.I think it came as a bit of a shock for the...
    I told you they would grow from the old root:thumbsup::dbgrtmb: , put the whole lot in a pot and next spring you can divide if you want, cut them from the original root.I think it came as a bit of a shock for the main plant , you need to keep in the shade for now as the roots develop , as most probably in this...
    I told you they would grow from the old root:thumbsup::dbgrtmb: , put the whole lot in a pot and next spring you can divide if you want, cut them from the original root.I think it came as a bit of a shock for the main plant , you need to keep in the shade for...
    I told you they would grow from the old root:thumbsup::dbgrtmb: , put the whole lot in a pot and next spring you can divide if you want, cut them from the original root.I think it came as a bit of a shock for the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Ellen

Keeping the chickens off!!

The string is a good idea, thanks Jiffy :) and roast chicken was briefly on the menu once I realised who the culprits were!! ;)
    The string is a good idea, thanks Jiffy :) and roast chicken was briefly on the menu once I realised who the culprits were!! ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. AndyS

Foxgloves

Brilliant. That all sounds much simpler and more manageable than I was expecting. I have some old seed lying around so I'll get them into some modules under cover now, but even if that fails to...
    Brilliant. That all sounds much simpler and more manageable than I was expecting. I have some old seed lying around so I'll get them into some modules under cover now, but even if that fails to produce blooms for next year it sounds like all this self-seeding will make 2015 my only bloom-free...
    Brilliant. That all sounds much simpler and more manageable than I was expecting. I have some old seed lying around so I'll get them into some modules under cover now, but even if that fails to produce blooms for next year it sounds like all...
    Brilliant. That all sounds much simpler and more manageable than I was expecting. I have some old seed lying around so I'll get them into some modules under cover now, but even if that fails to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. spiritse

Can anyone name these

Welcome to GC spiritse. :) It's difficult to tell without a close-up but it could be Berberis 'Crimson Pygmy'.
    Welcome to GC spiritse. :) It's difficult to tell without a close-up but it could be Berberis 'Crimson Pygmy'.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. minki

help needed with Nasturtiums

You could spray them with soapy water, which helps a bit with aphids and such.With nasturtium though, if they are in open ground and can get all the water and nutrients they need from the...
    You could spray them with soapy water, which helps a bit with aphids and such.With nasturtium though, if they are in open ground and can get all the water and nutrients they need from the ground, I find they are as tough as old boots. Keep chopping off ugly parts, and this encourages lots of...
    You could spray them with soapy water, which helps a bit with aphids and such.With nasturtium though, if they are in open ground and can get all the water and nutrients they need from the ground, I find they are as tough as old boots. Keep...
    You could spray them with soapy water, which helps a bit with aphids and such.With nasturtium though, if they are in open ground and can get all the water and nutrients they need from the...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice