1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: Verdicts on water retention crystals JennyJB, Apr 20, 2024 at 12:15 PM
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Arthritis and garden tools pete, Jan 10, 2024
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Best supplier of compost 2024 gks, Apr 17, 2024 at 9:07 PM
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
    Latest: Annuals that slugs and snails dislike BB3, Apr 19, 2024 at 8:17 PM
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: My Little Haven Part 2 flounder, Apr 4, 2024
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Cuttings that root in water flounder, Mar 31, 2024
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Got new pullets noisette47, Jul 30, 2023
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. JackJJW

Do you know what tree this is?

Same here, never been refused a cutting yet, doesn't harm to ask :snork:I've grown dozens of the variegated version from cuttings from the neighbours shrub, they're very easy to strike :)
    Same here, never been refused a cutting yet, doesn't harm to ask :snork:I've grown dozens of the variegated version from cuttings from the neighbours shrub, they're very easy to strike :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Markymark

Sambucus Nigeria... Again... Pruning

I am going to post mine again soon as it is currently flowering and growing like crazy.
    I am going to post mine again soon as it is currently flowering and growing like crazy.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Ilkley Gardeners

Email from the BBC

Perhaps @JWK could go on a forget-all-you-know-about-plants course ... and then enter?!
    Perhaps @JWK could go on a forget-all-you-know-about-plants course ... and then enter?!
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. intel

Red Lily Beetle Help

I use a Shotgun..........but it plays Hell with my Lilies:dunno::gaah:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. bexy13

How Can I Have Success With French Beans?

I sowed most of my Beans in JI Seed Compost in seed trays this year. As soon as they threw up the "loop" top with the seed leaves attached [still underground] I potted them up. Nice fan-shaped...
    I sowed most of my Beans in JI Seed Compost in seed trays this year. As soon as they threw up the "loop" top with the seed leaves attached [still underground] I potted them up. Nice fan-shaped roots starting, but only an inch or so long, so by then not interfering with their neighbours - but...
    I sowed most of my Beans in JI Seed Compost in seed trays this year. As soon as they threw up the "loop" top with the seed leaves attached [still underground] I potted them up. Nice fan-shaped roots starting, but only an inch or so long, so by...
    I sowed most of my Beans in JI Seed Compost in seed trays this year. As soon as they threw up the "loop" top with the seed leaves attached [still underground] I potted them up. Nice fan-shaped...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. begoodian

Dividing

It is, yes. Now you'll need to tell me how to harvest the seed! :-)
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Alex&Nico

peony red leaves

Thanks for your reply, Palustris. Effectively, its leaves are turning green again this morning! :-) See picture below. Regards.
    Thanks for your reply, Palustris. Effectively, its leaves are turning green again this morning! :-) See picture below. Regards.
    20140516_135157.jpg 20140601_085049.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. glenn austin

Help save my apple tree!

:SUNsmile: Try not to feel too glum Glen.. You are not the first to do it and I am sure not the last.. :thud: Not much comfort I know, but you never know your luck in gardening, so I think you will just have to...
    :SUNsmile: Try not to feel too glum Glen.. You are not the first to do it and I am sure not the last.. :thud: Not much comfort I know, but you never know your luck in gardening, so I think you will just have to wait and see and hope.. :thumbsup:
    :SUNsmile: Try not to feel too glum Glen.. You are not the first to do it and I am sure not the last.. :thud: Not much comfort I know, but you never know your luck in gardening, so I think you will just have to wait and see and hope.. :thumbsup:
    :SUNsmile: Try not to feel too glum Glen.. You are not the first to do it and I am sure not the last.. :thud: Not much comfort I know, but you never know your luck in gardening, so I think you will just have to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Jungle Jane

Urgent appeal for seeds for a good cause

PM me your address - I have thousands of them which you are more than welcome to.
    PM me your address - I have thousands of them which you are more than welcome to.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. scooby-mas

Acers Help

Hi @JackJJWNot too sunny as it will scorch the leaves especially on young plants/shrub (out of full sun from 12.00 till 3.00) plus remember its in recovery , the good thing is they do...
    Hi @JackJJWNot too sunny as it will scorch the leaves especially on young plants/shrub (out of full sun from 12.00 till 3.00) plus remember its in recovery , the good thing is they do toughen up over the years
    Hi @JackJJWNot too sunny as it will scorch the leaves especially on young plants/shrub (out of full sun from 12.00 till 3.00) plus remember its in recovery , the good thing is they do toughen up over the years
    Hi @JackJJWNot too sunny as it will scorch the leaves especially on young plants/shrub (out of full sun from 12.00 till 3.00) plus remember its in recovery , the good thing is they do...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. NorthantsGeezer

Finally got rid of this eyesore! Whoop!

Some mesh before a cat finds it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. NorthantsGeezer

Does anyone know what this is please. Not the plant.

Awww, I m sure Northampton would welcome you with open arms, or legs :) (albeit 8 of them) :biggrin:
    Awww, I m sure Northampton would welcome you with open arms, or legs :) (albeit 8 of them) :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. NigRach

Stone Coal Bunker - Raised Herb Garden (Conversion)

If you line it with pond liner and maybe a bit of sand at the bottom under the liner it should be fine.
    If you line it with pond liner and maybe a bit of sand at the bottom under the liner it should be fine.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. stevo19901

Anyone have an idea as to what this plant is

Definately an Astilbe
    Definately an Astilbe
    Definately an Astilbe
    Definately an Astilbe
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. nFrost

How poisonous is poisonous

If you have poisonous plants in your garden I think worth considered whether they are bitter, or not. If bitter then unlikely, even if very poisonous, that Junior will persist in eating enough to...
    If you have poisonous plants in your garden I think worth considered whether they are bitter, or not. If bitter then unlikely, even if very poisonous, that Junior will persist in eating enough to cause harm. Mostly the poisonous plants just cause upset tummy (although I wouldn't like to...
    If you have poisonous plants in your garden I think worth considered whether they are bitter, or not. If bitter then unlikely, even if very poisonous, that Junior will persist in eating enough to cause harm. Mostly the poisonous plants just...
    If you have poisonous plants in your garden I think worth considered whether they are bitter, or not. If bitter then unlikely, even if very poisonous, that Junior will persist in eating enough to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. NorthantsGeezer

Do you keep a diary?

Sneaky, informative, nosey, interesting, a good laugh, and a Damned cheek :) Oh, and sometimes hurtful to oneself :sad: I am hard though :)
    Sneaky, informative, nosey, interesting, a good laugh, and a Damned cheek :) Oh, and sometimes hurtful to oneself :sad: I am hard though :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Jack McHammocklashing

Ooops embarrassing mistake

Tried to grow, beans, peas, sweet-peas, various tomatoes, cucumber, petunias, strawberries, carrots, cauliflower, various cabbage Oh all sortsI am going to be OK though, I had a trip to the...
    Tried to grow, beans, peas, sweet-peas, various tomatoes, cucumber, petunias, strawberries, carrots, cauliflower, various cabbage Oh all sortsI am going to be OK though, I had a trip to the local allotments, and a good few of the people have spares they are willing to pass on I do not have a...
    Tried to grow, beans, peas, sweet-peas, various tomatoes, cucumber, petunias, strawberries, carrots, cauliflower, various cabbage Oh all sortsI am going to be OK though, I had a trip to the local allotments, and a good few of the people have...
    Tried to grow, beans, peas, sweet-peas, various tomatoes, cucumber, petunias, strawberries, carrots, cauliflower, various cabbage Oh all sortsI am going to be OK though, I had a trip to the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. leonora

New Garden History Book

Indeed, there are too few.....I suppose there are quite a few books about allotments, though, and allotments were always something for the working class. When you read books or watch programmes...
    Indeed, there are too few.....I suppose there are quite a few books about allotments, though, and allotments were always something for the working class. When you read books or watch programmes about country estates, there is usually very little about who did the actual work!
    Indeed, there are too few.....I suppose there are quite a few books about allotments, though, and allotments were always something for the working class. When you read books or watch programmes about country estates, there is usually very little...
    Indeed, there are too few.....I suppose there are quite a few books about allotments, though, and allotments were always something for the working class. When you read books or watch programmes...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Paul Sanderson

Beech saplings...

Well they're in the ground, and we've kindly been given a deluge of rain. Will keep a very close eye on them over the next few months - thanks for all your advice!!Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk
    Well they're in the ground, and we've kindly been given a deluge of rain. Will keep a very close eye on them over the next few months - thanks for all your advice!!Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Octopus Prime

slugs/snails and rust

Had to giggle at this! Especially how you felt cruel but you tossed it over the hedge! Looking forward to the results of the research :)Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Had to giggle at this! Especially how you felt cruel but you tossed it over the hedge! Looking forward to the results of the research :)Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice