1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Arthritis and garden tools pete, Jan 10, 2024
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Best supplier of compost 2024 gks, Apr 17, 2024 at 9:07 PM
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
    Latest: Annuals that slugs and snails dislike BB3, Apr 19, 2024 at 8:17 PM
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: My Little Haven Part 2 flounder, Apr 4, 2024
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Cuttings that root in water flounder, Mar 31, 2024
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Got new pullets noisette47, Jul 30, 2023
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. lazy-gardener

best place to get dahlias-gc or online

I used to find them so distasteful, but now fill my beds with late autumn colour and revil in their colour and diversity.
    I used to find them so distasteful, but now fill my beds with late autumn colour and revil in their colour and diversity.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. r2oo

Is it too late to plant bulbs?

Those are the babies!....Fingers crossed for a batch like those..
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Garden sponge

OPINIONS PLEASE

Well done you!!! what do you drive MD FORMULA ONE I'm not even going to try and beat that one you devil you, I was told off by my t'other half for getting there in that time Ps dont know if I...
    Well done you!!! what do you drive MD FORMULA ONE I'm not even going to try and beat that one you devil you, I was told off by my t'other half for getting there in that time Ps dont know if I should be talking to you as he's a Newcastle supporter originally from Ryton but now a Cockney Geordie...
    Well done you!!! what do you drive MD FORMULA ONE I'm not even going to try and beat that one you devil you, I was told off by my t'other half for getting there in that time Ps dont know if I should be talking to you as he's a Newcastle...
    Well done you!!! what do you drive MD FORMULA ONE I'm not even going to try and beat that one you devil you, I was told off by my t'other half for getting there in that time Ps dont know if I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. azillio

Vine or creeper?

azillo I have now replied to your PM ... delay due to power cut !!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. boxergal

Clamatis

Hi boxergal,Really important to plant clematis nice and deap. At least two or three inches of stem underground. That way, if it gets "wilt" and dies back, the infection won't travel all the way...
    Hi boxergal,Really important to plant clematis nice and deap. At least two or three inches of stem underground. That way, if it gets "wilt" and dies back, the infection won't travel all the way down and kill the whole plant - it will be able to resprout from the stem just under the...
    Hi boxergal,Really important to plant clematis nice and deap. At least two or three inches of stem underground. That way, if it gets "wilt" and dies back, the infection won't travel all the way down and kill the whole plant - it will be able to...
    Hi boxergal,Really important to plant clematis nice and deap. At least two or three inches of stem underground. That way, if it gets "wilt" and dies back, the infection won't travel all the way...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. whis4ey

Chinese Witch Hazel

Mine is a pallida too, my nextdoor neighbours have a large Diane - it is stunning - though it took me a few years to realise that it was full of beautiful flowers, not brown leaves (it's the far...
    Mine is a pallida too, my nextdoor neighbours have a large Diane - it is stunning - though it took me a few years to realise that it was full of beautiful flowers, not brown leaves (it's the far side of their garden!).A close up of the pallida flower:
    Mine is a pallida too, my nextdoor neighbours have a large Diane - it is stunning - though it took me a few years to realise that it was full of beautiful flowers, not brown leaves (it's the far side of their garden!).A close up of the...
    Mine is a pallida too, my nextdoor neighbours have a large Diane - it is stunning - though it took me a few years to realise that it was full of beautiful flowers, not brown leaves (it's the far...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. PLOTTY

MY WEEK : 4 UPDATE POSTED

A good and inspiring read as always, Plotty! Thanks!The slugandsnailshocka sounds a great thing, K! And their rootrainers are a particularly good thing too! Nice to know it's all Scottish.......
    A good and inspiring read as always, Plotty! Thanks!The slugandsnailshocka sounds a great thing, K! And their rootrainers are a particularly good thing too! Nice to know it's all Scottish.... :D
    A good and inspiring read as always, Plotty! Thanks!The slugandsnailshocka sounds a great thing, K! And their rootrainers are a particularly good thing too! Nice to know it's all Scottish.... :D
    A good and inspiring read as always, Plotty! Thanks!The slugandsnailshocka sounds a great thing, K! And their rootrainers are a particularly good thing too! Nice to know it's all Scottish.......
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. njoyit2

:) Love Plant ??

Looks the same as carnossaimages hoya kerri
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. starflower

rotavating

Thanks for your tips guys. With regard to the rubble how much top soil would you advice to cover it?
    Thanks for your tips guys. With regard to the rubble how much top soil would you advice to cover it?
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. LCH

Bamboo

Bananaman is quite right about all of that - and it does depend on what effect you're after. If you want big clumps, then you'd be better not to split it at all for a few years, but if you're...
    Bananaman is quite right about all of that - and it does depend on what effect you're after. If you want big clumps, then you'd be better not to split it at all for a few years, but if you're prepared to wait a few years to get the effect, then you don't have a problem. the weather has been so...
    Bananaman is quite right about all of that - and it does depend on what effect you're after. If you want big clumps, then you'd be better not to split it at all for a few years, but if you're prepared to wait a few years to get the effect, then...
    Bananaman is quite right about all of that - and it does depend on what effect you're after. If you want big clumps, then you'd be better not to split it at all for a few years, but if you're...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Scotkat

Corymbosum

Go it now FrancisHope we get a fine day well dry at least.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. oldwinegum

Automatic Irrigation

I have used several Gardena timers for a few years now with no problems, and would recommend them. If you use drippers set to about 2L/hour, they clog with lime scale after only 2 or three weeks...
    I have used several Gardena timers for a few years now with no problems, and would recommend them. If you use drippers set to about 2L/hour, they clog with lime scale after only 2 or three weeks in hot climates. Set them to 15-20L/hour, and run the water for a shorter time, and they don't clog...
    I have used several Gardena timers for a few years now with no problems, and would recommend them. If you use drippers set to about 2L/hour, they clog with lime scale after only 2 or three weeks in hot climates. Set them to 15-20L/hour, and run...
    I have used several Gardena timers for a few years now with no problems, and would recommend them. If you use drippers set to about 2L/hour, they clog with lime scale after only 2 or three weeks...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Fran

Space wonderful space

Kandyfloss, thank you very much. That is exactly the one I was thinking of. I've seen it in other gardens, and would like to try it in part of my new space.
    Kandyfloss, thank you very much. That is exactly the one I was thinking of. I've seen it in other gardens, and would like to try it in part of my new space.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Scotkat

New Fuchsias

Ive got my eye on the trailing fuschia too :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. missdaisy

Scaevola seeds

Hi dendrobium Thanks for the reply.I went to the chiltern site and yes they have them.I will be ordering them later.Will probably give Africa a miss now,But thanks for the information.
    Hi dendrobium Thanks for the reply.I went to the chiltern site and yes they have them.I will be ordering them later.Will probably give Africa a miss now,But thanks for the information.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Misty

Hurdle Fencing

Hi Misty. I remember many dozens of hurdles used on the Farm I grew up on. It was usual to stand the hurdle with it's 'feet'in old engine oil for a week or so which gave them a protective soaking....
    Hi Misty. I remember many dozens of hurdles used on the Farm I grew up on. It was usual to stand the hurdle with it's 'feet'in old engine oil for a week or so which gave them a protective soaking. Perhaps a creosote substitute would be a better idea and they might last 12 years as mine did ;)
    Hi Misty. I remember many dozens of hurdles used on the Farm I grew up on. It was usual to stand the hurdle with it's 'feet'in old engine oil for a week or so which gave them a protective soaking. Perhaps a creosote substitute would be a better...
    Hi Misty. I remember many dozens of hurdles used on the Farm I grew up on. It was usual to stand the hurdle with it's 'feet'in old engine oil for a week or so which gave them a protective soaking....
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Rich

Another Death Row orchid.

I worked in a gardencentre in Battersea over ten years ago and they would want me to throw away whatever looked less than in perfect shape...I was feeling so bad everytime!
    I worked in a gardencentre in Battersea over ten years ago and they would want me to throw away whatever looked less than in perfect shape...I was feeling so bad everytime!
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. sparkle

wind damage

Lost a plastic cloche and a bit of trellis between shed and house (about 4 ft-6ft) blew down. Not going to replace said trellis, but going to put water butt there instead.
    Lost a plastic cloche and a bit of trellis between shed and house (about 4 ft-6ft) blew down. Not going to replace said trellis, but going to put water butt there instead.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. PeterS

My gardening season started to-day

Well ... I just can't remember spring arriving in February before This past few days have been remarkable Small wonder you can't wait to get started Beware the Ides of March (or something like...
    Well ... I just can't remember spring arriving in February before This past few days have been remarkable Small wonder you can't wait to get started Beware the Ides of March (or something like that )
    Well ... I just can't remember spring arriving in February before This past few days have been remarkable Small wonder you can't wait to get started Beware the Ides of March (or something like that )
    Well ... I just can't remember spring arriving in February before This past few days have been remarkable Small wonder you can't wait to get started Beware the Ides of March (or something like...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Hornbeam

Love and hate

I love dividing plants - I get a real sense of getting something for nothing. By the same arguements I hate losing seedlings and small plants in pots (usually from my own neglect) and I hate...
    I love dividing plants - I get a real sense of getting something for nothing. By the same arguements I hate losing seedlings and small plants in pots (usually from my own neglect) and I hate throwing seedlings away when I have too many.
    I love dividing plants - I get a real sense of getting something for nothing. By the same arguements I hate losing seedlings and small plants in pots (usually from my own neglect) and I hate throwing seedlings away when I have too many.
    I love dividing plants - I get a real sense of getting something for nothing. By the same arguements I hate losing seedlings and small plants in pots (usually from my own neglect) and I hate...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice