1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: What's looking good APRIL 2024 Escarpment, Apr 18, 2024 at 10:50 PM
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Arthritis and garden tools pete, Jan 10, 2024
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Best supplier of compost 2024 gks, Apr 17, 2024 at 9:07 PM
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
    Latest: Annuals that slugs and snails dislike berarde, Apr 18, 2024 at 11:10 AM
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: My Little Haven Part 2 flounder, Apr 4, 2024
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Cuttings that root in water flounder, Mar 31, 2024
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Got new pullets noisette47, Jul 30, 2023
Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1. Sheal

A question for Longk

Sorry about the mess I made of the thread :doh::)I did get one thing right though....you have or had Lewisia. :blue thumb:
    Sorry about the mess I made of the thread :doh::)I did get one thing right though....you have or had Lewisia. :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. alana

Ugly Plants and Flowers

Ha ha Nick....I am a tad mischievous both in my views and actions but nothing meant other than in fun.:rasp:
    Ha ha Nick....I am a tad mischievous both in my views and actions but nothing meant other than in fun.:rasp:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. TheMadHedger

Growing Pansies from seed and when they flower

I haven't put any in the front or on here, they're all in hiding.. these are the mini plugs I bought from wilko, they're not what they're supposed to be!
    I haven't put any in the front or on here, they're all in hiding.. these are the mini plugs I bought from wilko, they're not what they're supposed to be!
    IMG_1147.JPG july16 018.jpg IMG_1615.JPG IMG_1608.JPG IMG_1614.JPG IMG_1599.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Ryan4661

Correct application for weed killer

With roundup pro as it’s meant for use by a trained individual or supervised you need to understand the makeup and the mixtures to suit the plant targeted. If you have hard water you may need to...
    With roundup pro as it’s meant for use by a trained individual or supervised you need to understand the makeup and the mixtures to suit the plant targeted. If you have hard water you may need to add an additive to insure it works best. The label will also explain how long the residue effect...
    With roundup pro as it’s meant for use by a trained individual or supervised you need to understand the makeup and the mixtures to suit the plant targeted. If you have hard water you may need to add an additive to insure it works best. The label...
    With roundup pro as it’s meant for use by a trained individual or supervised you need to understand the makeup and the mixtures to suit the plant targeted. If you have hard water you may need to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Daniel Andrew

Bushes and plants need rescuing

OK, sounds like a plan.
    OK, sounds like a plan.
    OK, sounds like a plan.
    OK, sounds like a plan.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Verdun
    Agree x 10

Much as I enjoy Chelsea!!

:loll: That is crazy. I was wondering how much those huge trees would have cost. They would have been 10's of thousands too. Mental.:rolleyespink:
    :loll: That is crazy. I was wondering how much those huge trees would have cost. They would have been 10's of thousands too. Mental.:rolleyespink:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Victoria

Help please ...

Hi, walnut! I have a sneaky suspicion the one I got up in the hills is a C elegans from which C 'Newellii' is a hybrid cross.This looks more like the one from the hills rather than that windy...
    Hi, walnut! I have a sneaky suspicion the one I got up in the hills is a C elegans from which C 'Newellii' is a hybrid cross.This looks more like the one from the hills rather than that windy found.http://www.horticopia.com/hortpix/html/pb2664.htmSo, looks like you'll have two varieties.
    Hi, walnut! I have a sneaky suspicion the one I got up in the hills is a C elegans from which C 'Newellii' is a hybrid cross.This looks more like the one from the hills rather than that windy...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Joolz

Sheds, sheds, sheds... Argh!!

Make sure it is laid across supporting timbers, not directly on to concrete/grass to prevent water damage on underside. 3" fence posts would do. Its worth treating/re-treating with preservative...
    Make sure it is laid across supporting timbers, not directly on to concrete/grass to prevent water damage on underside. 3" fence posts would do. Its worth treating/re-treating with preservative before assembly, including the inside (clear treatments are available.
    Make sure it is laid across supporting timbers, not directly on to concrete/grass to prevent water damage on underside. 3" fence posts would do. Its worth treating/re-treating with preservative before assembly, including the inside (clear...
    Make sure it is laid across supporting timbers, not directly on to concrete/grass to prevent water damage on underside. 3" fence posts would do. Its worth treating/re-treating with preservative...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. mazambo

Overwintered Brugmansia

Thanks @pete I'm not overly bothered if it doesn't grow, I've got a suaveolens to replace it.
    Thanks @pete I'm not overly bothered if it doesn't grow, I've got a suaveolens to replace it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Fat Controller

Tree lillies - what to do?

Dunno about the garden centre, I only ever buy packets of Taylors in the garden centre when they have been discounted down to not-very-much, but their mailorder site has than at £1 - £4 each. ...
    Dunno about the garden centre, I only ever buy packets of Taylors in the garden centre when they have been discounted down to not-very-much, but their mailorder site has than at £1 - £4 each. Apart from the martagons, which are always expensive for some reason, the ones on www.angliabulbs.com...
    Dunno about the garden centre, I only ever buy packets of Taylors in the garden centre when they have been discounted down to not-very-much, but their mailorder site has than at £1 - £4 each. Apart from the martagons, which are always expensive...
    Dunno about the garden centre, I only ever buy packets of Taylors in the garden centre when they have been discounted down to not-very-much, but their mailorder site has than at £1 - £4 each. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Perki
    Like x 6

Front Garden Redesign Project

Thanks Snorky. Its nice to see you on the forum again , I hope you are well :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Logan

Niall Gardens YouTube videos

Veg to sow in June
    Veg to sow in June
    Veg to sow in June
    Veg to sow in June
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. shonasdaddy

How can I save this tree please?

This conifer was donated to the Community Garden in July 2015. I only accepted it because it was sitting in a very nice (and heavy) terracotta pot.Unfortunately, my immediate plot...
    This conifer was donated to the Community Garden in July 2015. I only accepted it because it was sitting in a very nice (and heavy) terracotta pot.Unfortunately, my immediate plot neighbour, who is fascinated by all manner of plants and hoards them, clapped eyes on it and so went my...
    This conifer was donated to the Community Garden in July 2015. I only accepted it because it was sitting in a very nice (and heavy) terracotta pot.Unfortunately, my immediate plot neighbour, who is fascinated by all manner of plants and...
    This conifer was donated to the Community Garden in July 2015. I only accepted it because it was sitting in a very nice (and heavy) terracotta pot.Unfortunately, my immediate plot...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Mervyn Wilmington

Neudorff plus glysophate?

Perhaps I might now provide an update.My litre of Neudorff weedkiller (from Amazon) arrived last Thursday. Late that afternoon, I applied one 'mix' on four small selected areas of weeds,...
    Perhaps I might now provide an update.My litre of Neudorff weedkiller (from Amazon) arrived last Thursday. Late that afternoon, I applied one 'mix' on four small selected areas of weeds, annual and perennial. It was at the recommended strength and on the basis of attempting full coverage...
    Perhaps I might now provide an update.My litre of Neudorff weedkiller (from Amazon) arrived last Thursday. Late that afternoon, I applied one 'mix' on four small selected areas of weeds, annual and perennial. It was at the recommended...
    Perhaps I might now provide an update.My litre of Neudorff weedkiller (from Amazon) arrived last Thursday. Late that afternoon, I applied one 'mix' on four small selected areas of weeds,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Verdun
    Like x 6

Few grasses and hostas from kitchen window

Mark, maybe we should give the poor old boy some leeway here.....a little :sparrow:told me that there is, at the present time, a smell most foul in his neck of the woods ....coming from a sewage system. ...
    Mark, maybe we should give the poor old boy some leeway here.....a little :sparrow:told me that there is, at the present time, a smell most foul in his neck of the woods ....coming from a sewage system. This might well be causing a dentrimental affect on the poor chap. Not only that - he is in need...
    Mark, maybe we should give the poor old boy some leeway here.....a little :sparrow:told me that there is, at the present time, a smell most foul in his neck of the woods ....coming from a sewage system. This might well be causing a dentrimental affect...
    Mark, maybe we should give the poor old boy some leeway here.....a little :sparrow:told me that there is, at the present time, a smell most foul in his neck of the woods ....coming from a sewage system. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. HarryS

Brookside Nursery Free Post !

Mine arrived today in very good order:
    xDSCN1156.JPG 20140402-P4020098.jpg 20140402-P4020100.jpg DSCN1039_cr.jpg 20150408-P4080051.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. TheMadHedger

Electric tool for digging out thick, tough bramble roots?

Hire places will deliver and pick up for anything that size. Fuel is cheap enough.The hire people delivering it should at least show you where all the controls are. I thoroughly recommend...
    Hire places will deliver and pick up for anything that size. Fuel is cheap enough.The hire people delivering it should at least show you where all the controls are. I thoroughly recommend videoing them showing you, so you can watch it back later when you forget how to do something like winding...
    Hire places will deliver and pick up for anything that size. Fuel is cheap enough.The hire people delivering it should at least show you where all the controls are. I thoroughly recommend videoing them showing you, so you can watch it back...
    Hire places will deliver and pick up for anything that size. Fuel is cheap enough.The hire people delivering it should at least show you where all the controls are. I thoroughly recommend...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Jocko
    Like x 9

A guitar man once again.

I'll second what Upsydaisy said Jocko. :thumbsup: I wish I could play guitar.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. rosietutu

Garden refuse Bins

There was a chap here in Filey who went round every day picking up litter,he had a handy cap but was devoted to looking after his elderly mum and he did this in his own time,our local town...
    There was a chap here in Filey who went round every day picking up litter,he had a handy cap but was devoted to looking after his elderly mum and he did this in his own time,our local town council gave him 2 scrolls for his devotion to this act of goodness,sadly he lost his mum and went a bit...
    There was a chap here in Filey who went round every day picking up litter,he had a handy cap but was devoted to looking after his elderly mum and he did this in his own time,our local town council gave him 2 scrolls for his devotion to this act...
    There was a chap here in Filey who went round every day picking up litter,he had a handy cap but was devoted to looking after his elderly mum and he did this in his own time,our local town...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Cacadores

Chopping Area - how to make it look better.

It helps to drill a hole up through the middle. That's some sawing you did then on the totem pole! And the fairy seat sounds like it's going to look magical. My step father was a carpenter and...
    It helps to drill a hole up through the middle. That's some sawing you did then on the totem pole! And the fairy seat sounds like it's going to look magical. My step father was a carpenter and with his cousin made all the furniture in his house out of heavy oak with proper mitred joints: beds,...
    It helps to drill a hole up through the middle. That's some sawing you did then on the totem pole! And the fairy seat sounds like it's going to look magical. My step father was a carpenter and with his cousin made all the furniture in his house...
    It helps to drill a hole up through the middle. That's some sawing you did then on the totem pole! And the fairy seat sounds like it's going to look magical. My step father was a carpenter and...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice