Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: What Jobs Are We Doing In The Garden Today 2020 ARMANDII, Feb 19, 2020 at 10:45 PM
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Disability gardening Dai007, Sep 20, 2019
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Multipurpose compost Selleri, Jan 3, 2020
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
    Latest: Oops...Patent applied for. Graham B, Jan 10, 2020
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Desperately in need of advice/ help.. NigelJ, Feb 16, 2020 at 7:00 AM
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
    Latest: Fruit preserving season Jiffy, Aug 22, 2019
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Spruce

Ground beetles

I'm trying to manage my garden so that it encourages wildlife and insects. I create the odd woodpile, plant beneficial plants, etc and leave it looking a little wild in areas. Sitting out in the...
    I'm trying to manage my garden so that it encourages wildlife and insects. I create the odd woodpile, plant beneficial plants, etc and leave it looking a little wild in areas. Sitting out in the garden yesterday afternoon it was filled with flying insects, ladybirds, spiders, etc. Try and create...
    I'm trying to manage my garden so that it encourages wildlife and insects. I create the odd woodpile, plant beneficial plants, etc and leave it looking a little wild in areas. Sitting out in the garden yesterday afternoon it was filled with...
    I'm trying to manage my garden so that it encourages wildlife and insects. I create the odd woodpile, plant beneficial plants, etc and leave it looking a little wild in areas. Sitting out in the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Doghouse Riley
    Like x 3

Garden Tour 2019

Superb DHR. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Mane

Bamboo not green

Yes Mane :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Sirius

Builders sand in the garden

+1I can confirm that the Wickes own brand sharp sand as sold in the large jumbo bags is great for growing crops in.Mixed with compost and/or vermiculite to improve moisture retention (about...
    +1I can confirm that the Wickes own brand sharp sand as sold in the large jumbo bags is great for growing crops in.Mixed with compost and/or vermiculite to improve moisture retention (about 15% in volume) and fertiliser for plant nutrients, I've demonstrated that you can indeed successfully...
    +1I can confirm that the Wickes own brand sharp sand as sold in the large jumbo bags is great for growing crops in.Mixed with compost and/or vermiculite to improve moisture retention (about 15% in volume) and fertiliser for plant nutrients,...
    +1I can confirm that the Wickes own brand sharp sand as sold in the large jumbo bags is great for growing crops in.Mixed with compost and/or vermiculite to improve moisture retention (about...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Verdun
    Agree x 3

Well done Liverpool and Spurs

Yes first time any country has taken all four places, can't be bad:dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. NoIdeaGardener

Magnolia positioning

I re-read the question. so the answer is to count out the space with your feet and plant accordingly.
    I re-read the question. so the answer is to count out the space with your feet and plant accordingly.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. mazambo

Seedlings the odd giant?

I've had lots of runts and robust seedlings but never a huge difference like yours! They must have got a shot of something super rich..
    I've had lots of runts and robust seedlings but never a huge difference like yours! They must have got a shot of something super rich..
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Jurassic Gardener

Bulb advice

First time with Asiatic lily bulbs for me too, I restarted the bulbs from last years plants a few weeks ago in a cold (but with frost free heater) greenhouse, I read to start them off in pots a...
    First time with Asiatic lily bulbs for me too, I restarted the bulbs from last years plants a few weeks ago in a cold (but with frost free heater) greenhouse, I read to start them off in pots a third full of compost to the tips of the bulb then when grown another third top up the compost again...
    First time with Asiatic lily bulbs for me too, I restarted the bulbs from last years plants a few weeks ago in a cold (but with frost free heater) greenhouse, I read to start them off in pots a third full of compost to the tips of the bulb then...
    First time with Asiatic lily bulbs for me too, I restarted the bulbs from last years plants a few weeks ago in a cold (but with frost free heater) greenhouse, I read to start them off in pots a...
    20190502_191835.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Eden1

Propagator, Green House or Polly tunnel

Freecycle.org is also pretty good for free gardening stuff. Just the other day someone on the Sutton group was offering an unwanted greenhouse. Sutton Freecycle - OFFER: Greenhouse 1.9m by 2.6m...
    Freecycle.org is also pretty good for free gardening stuff. Just the other day someone on the Sutton group was offering an unwanted greenhouse. Sutton Freecycle - OFFER: Greenhouse 1.9m by 2.6m (Carshalton ) I see often offers for pots, fleece, cuttlings, seeds, tools and so forth.
    Freecycle.org is also pretty good for free gardening stuff. Just the other day someone on the Sutton group was offering an unwanted greenhouse. Sutton Freecycle - OFFER: Greenhouse 1.9m by 2.6m (Carshalton ) I see often offers for pots, fleece,...
    Freecycle.org is also pretty good for free gardening stuff. Just the other day someone on the Sutton group was offering an unwanted greenhouse. Sutton Freecycle - OFFER: Greenhouse 1.9m by 2.6m...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. nightofjoy

To Hozelock, or not to Hozelock

I use Tricoflex which is Hozelock. Tricoflex Hose Pipe 19mm (¾ Inch) 9 Bar Rating | Tricoflex Hose Pipes | Pitchcare ShopGets thrown about and has been great but it’s a pretty stiff hose but not...
    I use Tricoflex which is Hozelock. Tricoflex Hose Pipe 19mm (¾ Inch) 9 Bar Rating | Tricoflex Hose Pipes | Pitchcare ShopGets thrown about and has been great but it’s a pretty stiff hose but not had it kink once so far.
    I use Tricoflex which is Hozelock. Tricoflex Hose Pipe 19mm (¾ Inch) 9 Bar Rating | Tricoflex Hose Pipes | Pitchcare ShopGets thrown about and has been great but it’s a pretty stiff hose but not had it kink once so far.
    I use Tricoflex which is Hozelock. Tricoflex Hose Pipe 19mm (¾ Inch) 9 Bar Rating | Tricoflex Hose Pipes | Pitchcare ShopGets thrown about and has been great but it’s a pretty stiff hose but not...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Dutch02

First garden, need advice...

Sorry, to hear that, there's always one hidden horror! :doh:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. mazambo

Neighbours clematis

One of the forms of C. montana.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. GardeningNewbie

Please help - Why is my Fuchsia dying?!

One of my favourites Pete, although I haven't grown it for a few years.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. ChloroPhil

Daffodils cut too early?

Thanks. How long would you feed the tomato feed for?
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. jambonsambo

Is it safe to grow veg for consumption in plastic containers ?

Hi @jambonsambo Welcome to gardeners Corner.. :SUNsmile: Well I only use food grade plastic for growing but I do know that the SULO recycle bins we have are made from robust polyethylene (PE) and these days...
    Hi @jambonsambo Welcome to gardeners Corner.. :SUNsmile: Well I only use food grade plastic for growing but I do know that the SULO recycle bins we have are made from robust polyethylene (PE) and these days each bin is made containing a significant amount of recycled plastic. So assuming no contaminates...
    Hi @jambonsambo Welcome to gardeners Corner.. :SUNsmile: Well I only use food grade plastic for growing but I do know that the SULO recycle bins we have are made from robust polyethylene (PE) and these days each bin is made containing a significant amount...
    Hi @jambonsambo Welcome to gardeners Corner.. :SUNsmile: Well I only use food grade plastic for growing but I do know that the SULO recycle bins we have are made from robust polyethylene (PE) and these days...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. kriss

Liatris

You can plant out when they have been hardened off....viz., put them outside during the next few days and bring them inside overnight. In a week or so...temperatures are expected to rise...
    You can plant out when they have been hardened off....viz., put them outside during the next few days and bring them inside overnight. In a week or so...temperatures are expected to rise too.....you can plant them in the garden:)
    You can plant out when they have been hardened off....viz., put them outside during the next few days and bring them inside overnight. In a week or so...temperatures are expected to rise too.....you can plant them in the garden:)
    You can plant out when they have been hardened off....viz., put them outside during the next few days and bring them inside overnight. In a week or so...temperatures are expected to rise...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. mazambo

Native bluebells (Hyacinthoides non-scripta)

@pete & @Marley Farley, thanks, that's made my day (doesn't take much) just had a look at the photo on my phone again and think i can see a black seed pod still attached on the left hand side.
    @pete & @Marley Farley, thanks, that's made my day (doesn't take much) just had a look at the photo on my phone again and think i can see a black seed pod still attached on the left hand side.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. GardeningNewbie

Please help identify tree

Thanks so much for your help everyone!
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. K78

Buying plants

Agree with that....a local nursery where you can see the plants, even haggle a bit, is the way to go :)
    Agree with that....a local nursery where you can see the plants, even haggle a bit, is the way to go :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Sirius

RHS Westminster Orchid/Spring Show

I have just discovered that there is a big RHS show in Cardiff this weekend, starting from today. A lot of the big name nurseries are there. Clearly not enough time for them to pack up in London...
    I have just discovered that there is a big RHS show in Cardiff this weekend, starting from today. A lot of the big name nurseries are there. Clearly not enough time for them to pack up in London on Wednesday evening and be set up in Cardiff by Friday morning.Talk about sabotaging one of your...
    I have just discovered that there is a big RHS show in Cardiff this weekend, starting from today. A lot of the big name nurseries are there. Clearly not enough time for them to pack up in London on Wednesday evening and be set up in Cardiff by...
    I have just discovered that there is a big RHS show in Cardiff this weekend, starting from today. A lot of the big name nurseries are there. Clearly not enough time for them to pack up in London...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice