1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: SWEETPEAS BenCotto, Apr 16, 2024 at 8:32 AM
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Arthritis and garden tools pete, Jan 10, 2024
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Best supplier of compost 2024 shiney, Apr 16, 2024 at 7:43 AM
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: My Little Haven Part 2 flounder, Apr 4, 2024
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Cuttings that root in water flounder, Mar 31, 2024
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Got new pullets noisette47, Jul 30, 2023
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Janet mahay

Pepper plant suddenly wilt??!!

That's a shame, you could probably still pick up a plant locally if you want to.
    That's a shame, you could probably still pick up a plant locally if you want to.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Morro

Chempak strength

Two scoops to 5 litres of water.So add 20 scoops to one litre of water.Add 100ml to 5 litres.:scratch::biggrin:
    Two scoops to 5 litres of water.So add 20 scoops to one litre of water.Add 100ml to 5 litres.:scratch::biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. pete

What died on you this winter?

Since I mentioned that Cordyline Dazzler had no off shoots one appeared while we were away at the weekend!
    Since I mentioned that Cordyline Dazzler had no off shoots one appeared while we were away at the weekend!
    DSCN9818.JPG cha cha.JPG 20230604_081717.jpg cha cha.JPG cordy.JPG acacia 1.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. JJmac

Herbs: advice on perennials in window box pls

Hi Sheal, I hope your well and thanks for the reply.I managed to off load 3 of these amaryllis to a visitor yesterday, and the other 6 have dibs on them I also ordered my 3 herbs for the...
    Hi Sheal, I hope your well and thanks for the reply.I managed to off load 3 of these amaryllis to a visitor yesterday, and the other 6 have dibs on them I also ordered my 3 herbs for the trough, marjoram, oregano & thyme. I decided against the rosemary as it does need a bit more room than I'm...
    Hi Sheal, I hope your well and thanks for the reply.I managed to off load 3 of these amaryllis to a visitor yesterday, and the other 6 have dibs on them I also ordered my 3 herbs for the trough, marjoram, oregano & thyme. I decided against the...
    Hi Sheal, I hope your well and thanks for the reply.I managed to off load 3 of these amaryllis to a visitor yesterday, and the other 6 have dibs on them I also ordered my 3 herbs for the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Purple Streaks

Too late to sow flower seed

I sowed beetroot, kale, psb, swede and winter cabbage yesterday. Loads of lettuce and a few endive for salad a couple of days before.
    I sowed beetroot, kale, psb, swede and winter cabbage yesterday. Loads of lettuce and a few endive for salad a couple of days before.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Barders

Recommendations for book for caring for mature apples trees please?

The Fruit Expert by Dr Hessayon, all his books are excellent fully illustrated with straightforward advice.
    The Fruit Expert by Dr Hessayon, all his books are excellent fully illustrated with straightforward advice.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. ennnceee

I need to do something with my Aloe!

Thank you. The 'pups' are grown-plant-size, either side of the main area, so trying to get them with roots is better than what appears to be cutting through, if I have that right?
    Thank you. The 'pups' are grown-plant-size, either side of the main area, so trying to get them with roots is better than what appears to be cutting through, if I have that right?
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Tracy P

Loquat tree - no fruit

I've got two..the original grown from seed and it's offspring done from a cutting. The original took about 4 years to settle in but flowers reliably in November and December. Whether the fruit...
    I've got two..the original grown from seed and it's offspring done from a cutting. The original took about 4 years to settle in but flowers reliably in November and December. Whether the fruit survives to maturity depends on how cold the winter is. The offspring is about 5 years old but has...
    I've got two..the original grown from seed and it's offspring done from a cutting. The original took about 4 years to settle in but flowers reliably in November and December. Whether the fruit survives to maturity depends on how cold the winter...
    I've got two..the original grown from seed and it's offspring done from a cutting. The original took about 4 years to settle in but flowers reliably in November and December. Whether the fruit...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. chillipig

Another conifer question

They are always brown inside its normal, as to the brown patches I'm not sure, but I've seen lots like it. I dont think it means the tree is dying, but I doubt the brown will ever cover up.
    They are always brown inside its normal, as to the brown patches I'm not sure, but I've seen lots like it. I dont think it means the tree is dying, but I doubt the brown will ever cover up.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. MikoLee

Dehydrated Bamboo

Result indeed. And you'll always have them............
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Barders

To prune or not to prune, that is the question

Avec plaisir! Que le soleil brille sur vous et votre jardin également :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. eddybaby

Pieris Poorly?

Thanks Pete :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Esoxlucius
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Craig jameson

What to do with this area where a trampolie was?

I think the pic in the 4th post you mentioned above was what I originally wanted for the area. I contacted a local nursery and they supplied a planting scheme and all the plants (around 100) but...
    I think the pic in the 4th post you mentioned above was what I originally wanted for the area. I contacted a local nursery and they supplied a planting scheme and all the plants (around 100) but it didnt work. The area is really damp, even though when I added the plants I dug down and added...
    I think the pic in the 4th post you mentioned above was what I originally wanted for the area. I contacted a local nursery and they supplied a planting scheme and all the plants (around 100) but it didnt work. The area is really damp, even...
    I think the pic in the 4th post you mentioned above was what I originally wanted for the area. I contacted a local nursery and they supplied a planting scheme and all the plants (around 100) but...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Janet mahay

Red robin shedding leaves

I. Have just replanted it it looks nice maybe later it will branch out with less leaves falling
    I. Have just replanted it it looks nice maybe later it will branch out with less leaves falling
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. eddybaby

Turncoat Succulents

Find ours thrive on neglect ! just pot them up and let them get on with it, but as you can see some need a bit of cleaning up once or twice a year.Will probably be putting them outside if the...
    Find ours thrive on neglect ! just pot them up and let them get on with it, but as you can see some need a bit of cleaning up once or twice a year.Will probably be putting them outside if the forecast for warmer weather holds. Usually put all the pots into one big plastic tray so its...
    Find ours thrive on neglect ! just pot them up and let them get on with it, but as you can see some need a bit of cleaning up once or twice a year.Will probably be putting them outside if the forecast for warmer weather holds. Usually put...
    Find ours thrive on neglect ! just pot them up and let them get on with it, but as you can see some need a bit of cleaning up once or twice a year.Will probably be putting them outside if the...
    20220815_160446.jpg 20230304_142216.jpg 001808.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. robbo

Bay tree.

Got a couple of bay trees in containers at the front of my property, situated on the north east coast they often get the brunt of cold north easterly winds and dònt get any sun till about 2.00pm,...
    Got a couple of bay trees in containers at the front of my property, situated on the north east coast they often get the brunt of cold north easterly winds and dònt get any sun till about 2.00pm, sadly they look like there not happy in those conditions, any suggestions of other container trees...
    Got a couple of bay trees in containers at the front of my property, situated on the north east coast they often get the brunt of cold north easterly winds and dònt get any sun till about 2.00pm, sadly they look like there not happy in those...
    Got a couple of bay trees in containers at the front of my property, situated on the north east coast they often get the brunt of cold north easterly winds and dònt get any sun till about 2.00pm,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. DMM
    Like x 3

Dahlias Again - What do YOU do With Your Tubers?

I think it's like all gardening, there is always more than one way of doing things.
    I think it's like all gardening, there is always more than one way of doing things.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Beaderselbow

Flooded Lawn

Thank you so much for this
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Simon Peake

Shade loving tree for pot

I,ve got the Irish yew,it grows very slowly and mine has yellow new growth. It stays reasonably slender and needs one trim a year, I've just done mine. The new growth hasn't started this year...
    I,ve got the Irish yew,it grows very slowly and mine has yellow new growth. It stays reasonably slender and needs one trim a year, I've just done mine. The new growth hasn't started this year yet. This one is over 30yrs old and i just trim the top now.
    I,ve got the Irish yew,it grows very slowly and mine has yellow new growth. It stays reasonably slender and needs one trim a year, I've just done mine. The new growth hasn't started this year yet. This one is over 30yrs old and i just trim the...
    I,ve got the Irish yew,it grows very slowly and mine has yellow new growth. It stays reasonably slender and needs one trim a year, I've just done mine. The new growth hasn't started this year...
    16823323176912779908556779578396.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice