Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: What Jobs Are We Doing In The Garden Today 2020 Logan, Sep 21, 2020 at 1:52 PM
  2. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Best Supplier Of Compost 2020 Pushkin, Sep 20, 2020 at 2:44 PM
  3. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
    Latest: What is wrong with my Beans please? shiney, Sep 19, 2020 at 8:49 AM
  4. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
  5. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
    Latest: hoselock water system Gizmo, Sep 20, 2020 at 10:48 AM
  6. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Cyclamen coum Michael Hewett, Sep 20, 2020 at 10:03 PM
  7. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
    Latest: coir for compost Mike Allen, Jun 15, 2020
  8. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Calum

Impatiens turning white?

Thank you both. As a complete novice I'm willing to guess it's the sun rather than mildew. Only reason is it is only effecting the south facing baskets. The ones on the other side of the house are...
    Thank you both. As a complete novice I'm willing to guess it's the sun rather than mildew. Only reason is it is only effecting the south facing baskets. The ones on the other side of the house are fine.I've moved them for now, but what might be a good substitute? I love lobelias and petunias...
    Thank you both. As a complete novice I'm willing to guess it's the sun rather than mildew. Only reason is it is only effecting the south facing baskets. The ones on the other side of the house are fine.I've moved them for now, but what might be...
    Thank you both. As a complete novice I'm willing to guess it's the sun rather than mildew. Only reason is it is only effecting the south facing baskets. The ones on the other side of the house are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Lee Savage

Viburnum Kilimanjaro dead??

I have the same plant that I planted last year. The leaves have already emerged and flower buds forming. I’m not hopeful for yours, I’m afraid
    I have the same plant that I planted last year. The leaves have already emerged and flower buds forming. I’m not hopeful for yours, I’m afraid
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. David Cook

Soil soultions

To do a thorough, permanent job, you need to dig trenches in a fish-bone pattern, run perforated pipe in the trenches leading to a central collection point, either a soakaway or a pond. Sounds...
    To do a thorough, permanent job, you need to dig trenches in a fish-bone pattern, run perforated pipe in the trenches leading to a central collection point, either a soakaway or a pond. Sounds like a job for a mini-digger!
    To do a thorough, permanent job, you need to dig trenches in a fish-bone pattern, run perforated pipe in the trenches leading to a central collection point, either a soakaway or a pond. Sounds like a job for a mini-digger!
    To do a thorough, permanent job, you need to dig trenches in a fish-bone pattern, run perforated pipe in the trenches leading to a central collection point, either a soakaway or a pond. Sounds...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Cardinal-Red

New border.... Some invaders...

"A weed is a plant in the wrong place" ... if it were me I would them out as they aren't what you intend.
    "A weed is a plant in the wrong place" ... if it were me I would them out as they aren't what you intend.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. kriss

Jasmine Dying back

My jasmine seems to have been slowly turning brown and dying back for 2 years.I don’t know if the stone wall it is against us drawing all the water out from it’s routes. If anything, I feel I...
    My jasmine seems to have been slowly turning brown and dying back for 2 years.I don’t know if the stone wall it is against us drawing all the water out from it’s routes. If anything, I feel I water it too much.Anyone else had a similar problem? The top of it is filled with buds but I saw...
    My jasmine seems to have been slowly turning brown and dying back for 2 years.I don’t know if the stone wall it is against us drawing all the water out from it’s routes. If anything, I feel I water it too much.Anyone else had a similar...
    My jasmine seems to have been slowly turning brown and dying back for 2 years.I don’t know if the stone wall it is against us drawing all the water out from it’s routes. If anything, I feel I...
    4D2E7050-EC88-449C-AD1D-3AD50DC037A8.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Jodi Dickinson

Youtube videos

I am thinking of making some youtube videos about gardening. What would people like to see?
    I am thinking of making some youtube videos about gardening. What would people like to see?
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Kon

Prunus mume -- leaves not growing

I would scrape the bark with fingernail to see if it is green (thus alive) underneath. I would give it time ... a whole season even ... never can quite tell in situations like this.
    I would scrape the bark with fingernail to see if it is green (thus alive) underneath. I would give it time ... a whole season even ... never can quite tell in situations like this.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. lorienrock

My First Garden (Video)

Welcome to the forum! I've contemplated doing artificial in a problem area but never followed through. It is not an easy project to DIY as far as what I have read.
    Welcome to the forum! I've contemplated doing artificial in a problem area but never followed through. It is not an easy project to DIY as far as what I have read.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. CLAYBUSTER

Camellia

I agree too. Looks like petal blight to me, the fungal disease that pete was talking about:Camellia Petal Blight | American Camellia Society
    I agree too. Looks like petal blight to me, the fungal disease that pete was talking about:Camellia Petal Blight | American Camellia Society
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. MaileMan28

Losing my conifer boundary! Help!

Sorry, my mistake, the oldest photo at the top was actually Mar 2009 !!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Sulia

Lugworms or just worms.

My husband started a wormery for his fishing a few years back, then neglected it, due to ill health, but the worms didn't mind, now they are everywhere. And I mean everywhere. Good for the garden....
    My husband started a wormery for his fishing a few years back, then neglected it, due to ill health, but the worms didn't mind, now they are everywhere. And I mean everywhere. Good for the garden. Have managed to get hold of some compost, bit of a struggle, need around 350 litres of the stuff,...
    My husband started a wormery for his fishing a few years back, then neglected it, due to ill health, but the worms didn't mind, now they are everywhere. And I mean everywhere. Good for the garden. Have managed to get hold of some compost, bit of...
    My husband started a wormery for his fishing a few years back, then neglected it, due to ill health, but the worms didn't mind, now they are everywhere. And I mean everywhere. Good for the garden....
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. kriss

Are these Cosmos seedlings ok?

need to be frost free, but that normally means "minimum 10C" because temperatures lower than that usually cause "stall" on plants, and they take ages to recover (ie.. they go into "shutdown" to...
    need to be frost free, but that normally means "minimum 10C" because temperatures lower than that usually cause "stall" on plants, and they take ages to recover (ie.. they go into "shutdown" to survive the cold, and assume more cold nights coming, so don't start up again until they are sure the...
    need to be frost free, but that normally means "minimum 10C" because temperatures lower than that usually cause "stall" on plants, and they take ages to recover (ie.. they go into "shutdown" to survive the cold, and assume more cold nights...
    need to be frost free, but that normally means "minimum 10C" because temperatures lower than that usually cause "stall" on plants, and they take ages to recover (ie.. they go into "shutdown" to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Janet mahay

Aloe vera

Update the aloeferox did die afterall i did save part of it to see if it would root but not banking on it i think most likely i have to buy a new plant
    Update the aloeferox did die afterall i did save part of it to see if it would root but not banking on it i think most likely i have to buy a new plant
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Dsahoo

Indoor plant

Thanks for your reply. It's not growing much also.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. TheMadHedger

Honeysuckle - evergreen and hardy?

Thanks, looks nice.
    Thanks, looks nice.
    Thanks, looks nice.
    Thanks, looks nice.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Sheal

A question for Longk

Sorry about the mess I made of the thread :doh::)I did get one thing right though....you have or had Lewisia. :blue thumb:
    Sorry about the mess I made of the thread :doh::)I did get one thing right though....you have or had Lewisia. :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. CLAYBUSTER

Monkey puzzle tree

thank you i will try it.
    thank you i will try it.
    thank you i will try it.
    thank you i will try it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. TheMadHedger

Ivy plants and other climbers - need some advice on what to buy

To continue this thread I've been doing a lot of thinking and have definitely decided to use Ivy. However I've been hunting around online but can't decide which one to go for.Main criteria:a)...
    To continue this thread I've been doing a lot of thinking and have definitely decided to use Ivy. However I've been hunting around online but can't decide which one to go for.Main criteria:a) Fast growing b) Dense foliage c) EvergreenAny more suggestions please based on the above? Thanks
    To continue this thread I've been doing a lot of thinking and have definitely decided to use Ivy. However I've been hunting around online but can't decide which one to go for.Main criteria:a) Fast growing b) Dense foliage c) EvergreenAny...
    To continue this thread I've been doing a lot of thinking and have definitely decided to use Ivy. However I've been hunting around online but can't decide which one to go for.Main criteria:a)...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. eddybaby

Home Remedies for a weeping grape vine

It will stop, eventually, but it does take energy out of the plant. Pruning is best done before the end of January at the latest.I'd be interested in the product you have found as I've never...
    It will stop, eventually, but it does take energy out of the plant. Pruning is best done before the end of January at the latest.I'd be interested in the product you have found as I've never managed to stop one weeping once it starts.
    It will stop, eventually, but it does take energy out of the plant. Pruning is best done before the end of January at the latest.I'd be interested in the product you have found as I've never managed to stop one weeping once it starts.
    It will stop, eventually, but it does take energy out of the plant. Pruning is best done before the end of January at the latest.I'd be interested in the product you have found as I've never...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. roders

Lead me not into temptation.....Garden open free.

I'm off to get a lottery ticket. Even if I won, I couldn't go anywhere but I'm not giving up my daydreams about all the good I could do :)
    I'm off to get a lottery ticket. Even if I won, I couldn't go anywhere but I'm not giving up my daydreams about all the good I could do :)
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice