1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: Euphorbia Punkdoc, Apr 23, 2024 at 10:48 PM
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Arthritis and garden tools pete, Jan 10, 2024
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Which soil improver? simone_in_wiltshire, Apr 23, 2024 at 7:00 PM
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
    Latest: Cornus controversa Variegata issue Erigeron, Apr 23, 2024 at 5:32 PM
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: My Little Haven Part 2 flounder, Apr 4, 2024
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
    Latest: Best tool for trimming edges of lawn amancalledgeorge, Apr 22, 2024 at 12:27 PM
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Cuttings that root in water flounder, Mar 31, 2024
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Got new pullets noisette47, Jul 30, 2023
Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. K78

Garden boundaries.

Then everything will be fine and dandy then.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Scotty2088

Garden bank covering

@Scotty2088 ,..you did a good job there and the entire view is easy on the eyes,..it would be a shame to grow anything tall to spoil the view.Pebbles would be better than Grit as the latter...
    @Scotty2088 ,..you did a good job there and the entire view is easy on the eyes,..it would be a shame to grow anything tall to spoil the view.Pebbles would be better than Grit as the latter would wash through,..so larger Pebbles would be ideal,..low growing plants would look great with your...
    @Scotty2088 ,..you did a good job there and the entire view is easy on the eyes,..it would be a shame to grow anything tall to spoil the view.Pebbles would be better than Grit as the latter would wash through,..so larger Pebbles would be...
    @Scotty2088 ,..you did a good job there and the entire view is easy on the eyes,..it would be a shame to grow anything tall to spoil the view.Pebbles would be better than Grit as the latter...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Madra

Galvanised Dustbin

Yes, exactly. Anyone who has a compost heap should know this. I stay well clear of meats, fats/oils, citrus fruits and vegetables of the onion family.My compost heap benefits me twice over. I...
    Yes, exactly. Anyone who has a compost heap should know this. I stay well clear of meats, fats/oils, citrus fruits and vegetables of the onion family.My compost heap benefits me twice over. I get worms for my tropical fish, and every spring I dig out the extremely rich well rotted down compost...
    Yes, exactly. Anyone who has a compost heap should know this. I stay well clear of meats, fats/oils, citrus fruits and vegetables of the onion family.My compost heap benefits me twice over. I get worms for my tropical fish, and every spring I...
    Yes, exactly. Anyone who has a compost heap should know this. I stay well clear of meats, fats/oils, citrus fruits and vegetables of the onion family.My compost heap benefits me twice over. I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Pellin

Fushia help please

Hi,Be better with a general Balanced fertiliser for now as you want growth rather than flowers which is what Tomorite is for with its high Potash.We have Genni in the garden, seems bombproof,...
    Hi,Be better with a general Balanced fertiliser for now as you want growth rather than flowers which is what Tomorite is for with its high Potash.We have Genni in the garden, seems bombproof, looking grand at the moment with its almost yellow leaves and the buds ready to open, about 60cm round.
    Hi,Be better with a general Balanced fertiliser for now as you want growth rather than flowers which is what Tomorite is for with its high Potash.We have Genni in the garden, seems bombproof, looking grand at the moment with its almost yellow...
    Hi,Be better with a general Balanced fertiliser for now as you want growth rather than flowers which is what Tomorite is for with its high Potash.We have Genni in the garden, seems bombproof,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. JillD

fuschia

I leave mine indoors untill all sign of frosts are past unless they are hardy fuchsias.They will happily grow away in your greenhouse .Mine are in my consatory ,kitchen window sill and front...
    I leave mine indoors untill all sign of frosts are past unless they are hardy fuchsias.They will happily grow away in your greenhouse .Mine are in my consatory ,kitchen window sill and front entrance as its a wee bit cosier.I dont put mine outdoors till about end of May if its nice during...
    I leave mine indoors untill all sign of frosts are past unless they are hardy fuchsias.They will happily grow away in your greenhouse .Mine are in my consatory ,kitchen window sill and front entrance as its a wee bit cosier.I dont put mine...
    I leave mine indoors untill all sign of frosts are past unless they are hardy fuchsias.They will happily grow away in your greenhouse .Mine are in my consatory ,kitchen window sill and front...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. compost maker

Fungus on driftwood

I agree with frogesque, I believe, (I may be wrong but) most fungi will only affect other trees and shrubs if they are wounded and the spores can get in. Fungi can be a very attractive feature and...
    I agree with frogesque, I believe, (I may be wrong but) most fungi will only affect other trees and shrubs if they are wounded and the spores can get in. Fungi can be a very attractive feature and encourage some beneficial insects. Unless It's honey fungus. In which case, If possible, i'd soak...
    I agree with frogesque, I believe, (I may be wrong but) most fungi will only affect other trees and shrubs if they are wounded and the spores can get in. Fungi can be a very attractive feature and encourage some beneficial insects. Unless It's...
    I agree with frogesque, I believe, (I may be wrong but) most fungi will only affect other trees and shrubs if they are wounded and the spores can get in. Fungi can be a very attractive feature and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. arwyn

fuchsias

Hi arwing, here is some advice about fuchsias...(you will need to zoom in though, as the prints is quite small)http://www.lillymiller.com/fuchsia_tips.html
    Hi arwing, here is some advice about fuchsias...(you will need to zoom in though, as the prints is quite small)http://www.lillymiller.com/fuchsia_tips.html
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Jack by the hedge

Fuchsia varieties

Swingtime is a delightful red and white double fuchsia everyones favourite makes a nice basket.With 5 fuchsias in your basket or try growing on amulti basket more than 5 from tip cuttings and...
    Swingtime is a delightful red and white double fuchsia everyones favourite makes a nice basket.With 5 fuchsias in your basket or try growing on amulti basket more than 5 from tip cuttings and as they grow their roots out from pot time to repot untill the size of the basket.Another way just...
    Swingtime is a delightful red and white double fuchsia everyones favourite makes a nice basket.With 5 fuchsias in your basket or try growing on amulti basket more than 5 from tip cuttings and as they grow their roots out from pot time to...
    Swingtime is a delightful red and white double fuchsia everyones favourite makes a nice basket.With 5 fuchsias in your basket or try growing on amulti basket more than 5 from tip cuttings and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. KFF

Fuchsia Mail order suppliers

Nay worries, always there if thee want.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. moonraker

fruit tree are they worth while ?

Janet, fantastic to hear that your apple tree has come back to life!To me, it suggests that Macraignil may be onto something re: over-watering. Perhaps try changing to a really good soak once or...
    Janet, fantastic to hear that your apple tree has come back to life!To me, it suggests that Macraignil may be onto something re: over-watering. Perhaps try changing to a really good soak once or twice a week. Checking the soil for dryness can be more difficult with the large pots for...
    Janet, fantastic to hear that your apple tree has come back to life!To me, it suggests that Macraignil may be onto something re: over-watering. Perhaps try changing to a really good soak once or twice a week. Checking the soil for dryness can...
    Janet, fantastic to hear that your apple tree has come back to life!To me, it suggests that Macraignil may be onto something re: over-watering. Perhaps try changing to a really good soak once or...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Greenthumbs.

Fruit tree and rose sprayer.

Thanks, something to my shame don't do each time!
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Big Gaz

Fruit tree advice

Yes, espaliers are lovely when they're well trained, very productive too. But they take years to form (unless you buy a ready-made) so it's a wise choice to start with the cordons.
    Yes, espaliers are lovely when they're well trained, very productive too. But they take years to form (unless you buy a ready-made) so it's a wise choice to start with the cordons.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. roders

Fruit and Veg.Quiz.

Got it! :biggrin: Still slightly on a cheating side as the clue points towards a single word... Upsydaisy would still be quite good methinks :noidea:I'm loving this quiz, thanks @roders :)
    Got it! :biggrin: Still slightly on a cheating side as the clue points towards a single word... Upsydaisy would still be quite good methinks :noidea:I'm loving this quiz, thanks @roders :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Bunslip

Frosty

Geoff is absolutely right. In his last paragraph he talks about cold destroying the cell walls. This is exactly the same as in a car. Freezing water expands and can burst your engine block, in...
    Geoff is absolutely right. In his last paragraph he talks about cold destroying the cell walls. This is exactly the same as in a car. Freezing water expands and can burst your engine block, in the same way as it bursts water pipes in the house. The answer with a car is to use antifreeze, which...
    Geoff is absolutely right. In his last paragraph he talks about cold destroying the cell walls. This is exactly the same as in a car. Freezing water expands and can burst your engine block, in the same way as it bursts water pipes in the house....
    Geoff is absolutely right. In his last paragraph he talks about cold destroying the cell walls. This is exactly the same as in a car. Freezing water expands and can burst your engine block, in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Esoxlucius

Frost/wind protection

This is a picture I've just taken just to give you an idea of the set up. The purpose of the wood framework is to simply give it more height. When it rains heavily the rain leaks in through the...
    This is a picture I've just taken just to give you an idea of the set up. The purpose of the wood framework is to simply give it more height. When it rains heavily the rain leaks in through the gaps between the wood/tub/top sheet and then pools in the bottom, hence my idea to shrink wrap around...
    This is a picture I've just taken just to give you an idea of the set up. The purpose of the wood framework is to simply give it more height. When it rains heavily the rain leaks in through the gaps between the wood/tub/top sheet and then pools...
    This is a picture I've just taken just to give you an idea of the set up. The purpose of the wood framework is to simply give it more height. When it rains heavily the rain leaks in through the...
    IMG_20231015_141510_HDR.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Perki
    Like x 6

Front Garden Redesign Project

Thanks Snorky. Its nice to see you on the forum again , I hope you are well :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. SteveF

Front garden raised beds inc trellis and privacy

Update: Quite annoying when looking at the dates. My neighbor got some wood and built the planters, I painted them and sorted the trellis. We've finally got them in place and I've started...
    Update: Quite annoying when looking at the dates. My neighbor got some wood and built the planters, I painted them and sorted the trellis. We've finally got them in place and I've started filling them today. My second son joined the world in July and by the time we actually got what could even...
    Update: Quite annoying when looking at the dates. My neighbor got some wood and built the planters, I painted them and sorted the trellis. We've finally got them in place and I've started filling them today. My second son joined the world in...
    Update: Quite annoying when looking at the dates. My neighbor got some wood and built the planters, I painted them and sorted the trellis. We've finally got them in place and I've started...
    IMG_20180407_165043.jpg IMG_20180430_065909.jpg IMG_20180430_184339.jpg 60F40148-70B8-45F0-AB63-E8F34FDAF8B3.jpeg 43FCDF4B-989A-4A55-89B8-D8D9DBE6A2BA.jpeg 5790B2A1-D497-4A79-954C-633E8257255C.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. lazy-gardener

front garden ideas please??

LG we are away to have our front garden revamped before end of the month plans drawn.Back to a blank canvas.Low maintance for my container it will incoraprate plum slate york stone and isle of...
    LG we are away to have our front garden revamped before end of the month plans drawn.Back to a blank canvas.Low maintance for my container it will incoraprate plum slate york stone and isle of ske marble and pebble still be containers and plants anda raised bed and a curved path.Shall post...
    LG we are away to have our front garden revamped before end of the month plans drawn.Back to a blank canvas.Low maintance for my container it will incoraprate plum slate york stone and isle of ske marble and pebble still be containers and...
    LG we are away to have our front garden revamped before end of the month plans drawn.Back to a blank canvas.Low maintance for my container it will incoraprate plum slate york stone and isle of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Honey Bee

Frogspawn

Hi David H - and welcome!!!!!Already planned that one - it'll (hopefully) keep the little dalings occupied for a few hours each week.....All the taddies went into the pond from the...
    Hi David H - and welcome!!!!!Already planned that one - it'll (hopefully) keep the little dalings occupied for a few hours each week.....All the taddies went into the pond from the bucket, but have hidden themselves, so we don't know how many have survived.... especially as I saw one...
    Hi David H - and welcome!!!!!Already planned that one - it'll (hopefully) keep the little dalings occupied for a few hours each week.....All the taddies went into the pond from the bucket, but have hidden themselves, so we don't know...
    Hi David H - and welcome!!!!!Already planned that one - it'll (hopefully) keep the little dalings occupied for a few hours each week.....All the taddies went into the pond from the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. crowley

friends with similar interests?

You cannot beat allotment gardening for meeting people, making friends and LEARNING. I had an allotment for 13 years before I had to give it up because of work commitments. And it was the most...
    You cannot beat allotment gardening for meeting people, making friends and LEARNING. I had an allotment for 13 years before I had to give it up because of work commitments. And it was the most wonderful gardening experience of my life, not only meeting these wonderful old characters, but also...
    You cannot beat allotment gardening for meeting people, making friends and LEARNING. I had an allotment for 13 years before I had to give it up because of work commitments. And it was the most wonderful gardening experience of my life, not only...
    You cannot beat allotment gardening for meeting people, making friends and LEARNING. I had an allotment for 13 years before I had to give it up because of work commitments. And it was the most...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice