1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: What's looking good APRIL 2024 Brenda, Apr 19, 2024 at 5:38 PM
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Arthritis and garden tools pete, Jan 10, 2024
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Best supplier of compost 2024 gks, Apr 17, 2024 at 9:07 PM
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
    Latest: Annuals that slugs and snails dislike ViewAhead, Apr 19, 2024 at 5:24 PM
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: My Little Haven Part 2 flounder, Apr 4, 2024
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Cuttings that root in water flounder, Mar 31, 2024
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Got new pullets noisette47, Jul 30, 2023
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Lolimac

First early recommendations please......

I read something about freshly harvested potatoes being sweeter than stored (including fresh Supermarket which have spent a few days "travelling"). From memory it was the same issue as sweetcorn...
    I read something about freshly harvested potatoes being sweeter than stored (including fresh Supermarket which have spent a few days "travelling"). From memory it was the same issue as sweetcorn - the sugar turning to starch. We eat a lot of our own veg - relatively little is bought in - so I...
    I read something about freshly harvested potatoes being sweeter than stored (including fresh Supermarket which have spent a few days "travelling"). From memory it was the same issue as sweetcorn - the sugar turning to starch. We eat a lot of...
    I read something about freshly harvested potatoes being sweeter than stored (including fresh Supermarket which have spent a few days "travelling"). From memory it was the same issue as sweetcorn...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Bilbo675
    Like x 11

Tesco Almond Nuts Have Germinated

my bet is yes , they will survive outside , but not sure they will bare fruits , but if anyone is growing apricots around you the answer is yes again ..... those plants are really though , in...
    my bet is yes , they will survive outside , but not sure they will bare fruits , but if anyone is growing apricots around you the answer is yes again ..... those plants are really though , in Italy like in Spain and Portugal are growing everywhere wild , and can take lots of cold as well.
    my bet is yes , they will survive outside , but not sure they will bare fruits , but if anyone is growing apricots around you the answer is yes again ..... those plants are really though , in Italy like in Spain and Portugal are growing...
    my bet is yes , they will survive outside , but not sure they will bare fruits , but if anyone is growing apricots around you the answer is yes again ..... those plants are really though , in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Kristen

How long to bulk up a Snowdrop collection?

Thanks Spruce. It was that article in The Garden that got me thinking it might be fun to do :) I remember the incredible prices paid last Spring for Green Tear I think, and the yellow one ... but...
    Thanks Spruce. It was that article in The Garden that got me thinking it might be fun to do :) I remember the incredible prices paid last Spring for Green Tear I think, and the yellow one ... but I hadn't thought to be on the lookup for some "unusual" ones, I'll do that.
    Thanks Spruce. It was that article in The Garden that got me thinking it might be fun to do :) I remember the incredible prices paid last Spring for Green Tear I think, and the yellow one ... but I hadn't thought to be on the lookup for some...
    Thanks Spruce. It was that article in The Garden that got me thinking it might be fun to do :) I remember the incredible prices paid last Spring for Green Tear I think, and the yellow one ... but...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. stephenprudence
    Like x 9

Garden in mid-winter (photos)

Ceanothus are grown everywhere here but they grow so quickly. It's the wet that spoils things for us.....it's not the cold that damages our silver greys, etc but the damp from the sea, etc .
    Ceanothus are grown everywhere here but they grow so quickly. It's the wet that spoils things for us.....it's not the cold that damages our silver greys, etc but the damp from the sea, etc .
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. lakeside

Bare rooted

Thanks for advice everyone
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. "M"

Forest gardening

I'm contemplating turning the copse end of my garden into a "forest garden". First heard about it a couple of years ago and I'm tempted to buy a couple of books and see if it is something I...
    I'm contemplating turning the copse end of my garden into a "forest garden". First heard about it a couple of years ago and I'm tempted to buy a couple of books and see if it is something I could achieve. The area is 12 fence panels by 8 and I think it would make fabulous use of that area...
    I'm contemplating turning the copse end of my garden into a "forest garden". First heard about it a couple of years ago and I'm tempted to buy a couple of books and see if it is something I could achieve. The area is 12 fence panels by 8 and...
    I'm contemplating turning the copse end of my garden into a "forest garden". First heard about it a couple of years ago and I'm tempted to buy a couple of books and see if it is something I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. miraflores
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. miraflores
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. PeterS
    Like x 11

What have you got in your winter quarters?

Nah...that's not nearly full :heehee:......when you can't tell one plant from the next because they're all jumbled together and you have to move some out to get to the back of the greenhouse, then its...
    Nah...that's not nearly full :heehee:......when you can't tell one plant from the next because they're all jumbled together and you have to move some out to get to the back of the greenhouse, then its full :heehee::lunapic 130165696578242 5: Seriously though looking good Strongy, some nice plants in there :dbgrtmb:
    Nah...that's not nearly full :heehee:......when you can't tell one plant from the next because they're all jumbled together and you have to move some out to get to the back of the greenhouse, then its full :heehee::lunapic 130165696578242 5: Seriously though looking good Strongy, some...
    Nah...that's not nearly full :heehee:......when you can't tell one plant from the next because they're all jumbled together and you have to move some out to get to the back of the greenhouse, then its...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. miraflores

my first garden - child frendly site

Looks good. I'll have a better look later, but some of the pics of gardens aren't really very child friendly, at least not very young child friendly. There was a pond with steep edges, and a few...
    Looks good. I'll have a better look later, but some of the pics of gardens aren't really very child friendly, at least not very young child friendly. There was a pond with steep edges, and a few rocky ones perfect for little heads to get cracked open on. Although most looked ok.
    Looks good. I'll have a better look later, but some of the pics of gardens aren't really very child friendly, at least not very young child friendly. There was a pond with steep edges, and a few rocky ones perfect for little heads to get cracked...
    Looks good. I'll have a better look later, but some of the pics of gardens aren't really very child friendly, at least not very young child friendly. There was a pond with steep edges, and a few...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. newpotato

Red and / or white flowers

What about using Red Robin for the foliage, instead of the usual green bits? You could then think about White flowers for the contrast. Apologies if it's too left field. I'm not noted for my...
    What about using Red Robin for the foliage, instead of the usual green bits? You could then think about White flowers for the contrast. Apologies if it's too left field. I'm not noted for my romantic ideas:dunno:
    What about using Red Robin for the foliage, instead of the usual green bits? You could then think about White flowers for the contrast. Apologies if it's too left field. I'm not noted for my romantic ideas:dunno:
    What about using Red Robin for the foliage, instead of the usual green bits? You could then think about White flowers for the contrast. Apologies if it's too left field. I'm not noted for my...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Kristen
    Like x 3

Water Conservation Gardening

I'm not conserving water at the moment. It's about two weeks since we had rain. The soil is so dry that it's cracking up so the sprinkler has been on all day - moving it around the garden.
    I'm not conserving water at the moment. It's about two weeks since we had rain. The soil is so dry that it's cracking up so the sprinkler has been on all day - moving it around the garden.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. sal73

Farfugium Giganteum

Thank you Peter , I`ve been looking deeper into it and find feww more information on the net.........like I was suspecting , not an easy to abtain from seeds and really slow grower .......but find...
    Thank you Peter , I`ve been looking deeper into it and find feww more information on the net.........like I was suspecting , not an easy to abtain from seeds and really slow grower .......but find some plant at amulree .
    Thank you Peter , I`ve been looking deeper into it and find feww more information on the net.........like I was suspecting , not an easy to abtain from seeds and really slow grower .......but find some plant at amulree .
    Thank you Peter , I`ve been looking deeper into it and find feww more information on the net.........like I was suspecting , not an easy to abtain from seeds and really slow grower .......but find...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. windy miller

Bottlebrush seeds

Pinks can be a funny colour in flowers, but that is a good strong bold colour - lovely!
    Pinks can be a funny colour in flowers, but that is a good strong bold colour - lovely!
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. mef750

Is this Cytisus Broom?

Thank you Blackthorn, I just wanted something spiky and fell in love with it. MEF750
    Thank you Blackthorn, I just wanted something spiky and fell in love with it. MEF750
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. daz and debs

BIG THANK YOU

I hope one day its as big as its mum mate.lol just read my first post. sent me a pland in the post LOL my typing is so bad lol..daz
    I hope one day its as big as its mum mate.lol just read my first post. sent me a pland in the post LOL my typing is so bad lol..daz
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. netty

planting wihout soil?

Thanks sammy
    Thanks sammy
    Thanks sammy
    Thanks sammy
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. leahbe

red robin?

Excellent, do you have any pictures of plants in yet?
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Seana

ph levels & shade

Go to your nearest cafe. They will only be too happy to give you old coffee grounds cos they only throw them away. Ask them to save them for a week then go pick them up.
    Go to your nearest cafe. They will only be too happy to give you old coffee grounds cos they only throw them away. Ask them to save them for a week then go pick them up.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. lynne

The Asst. Est. Mgr

I do, I absolutely cherish him with all my heart. He's brought such happiness and love into my life after a long, lonely drought.
    I do, I absolutely cherish him with all my heart. He's brought such happiness and love into my life after a long, lonely drought.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice