1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: What's looking good APRIL 2024 Papi Jo, Apr 25, 2024 at 10:11 PM
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Arthritis and garden tools pete, Jan 10, 2024
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Which soil improver? fairygirl, Apr 24, 2024 at 7:27 PM
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: My Little Haven Part 2 flounder, Apr 4, 2024
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
    Latest: Best tool for trimming edges of lawn amancalledgeorge, Apr 22, 2024 at 12:27 PM
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Cuttings that root in water flounder, Mar 31, 2024
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Oh Dear! Goldenlily26, Apr 25, 2024 at 8:39 AM
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Whiley

Lilies Citronella

Hmmm - I always assumed citronella oil came from lemons or something, does it actually come from some part of these lilies?
    Hmmm - I always assumed citronella oil came from lemons or something, does it actually come from some part of these lilies?
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. PeterS

I don't believe it.

Hi Jean. I posted this only a two or three days ago but here have been so many threads that it has got buried. I should have given a link ...
    Hi Jean. I posted this only a two or three days ago but here have been so many threads that it has got buried. I should have given a link http://www.gardenerscorner.co.uk/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=002728Basically it is a box for growing plants under artificial light - and...
    Hi Jean. I posted this only a two or three days ago but here have been so many threads that it has got buried. I should have given a link http://www.gardenerscorner.co.uk/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=002728Basically it is a box...
    Hi Jean. I posted this only a two or three days ago but here have been so many threads that it has got buried. I should have given a link ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. PeterS

Is two in a bed more fun!

Strongy, I would never get to sleep at night - I would still be counting. The seed must cost a bit - about 4 years ago I bought a packet of Petunias (mind you they were Surfinias) it cost about...
    Strongy, I would never get to sleep at night - I would still be counting. The seed must cost a bit - about 4 years ago I bought a packet of Petunias (mind you they were Surfinias) it cost about �£4 and had 8 seeds in it. Why are Surfinias so much more expensive than the normal?
    Strongy, I would never get to sleep at night - I would still be counting. The seed must cost a bit - about 4 years ago I bought a packet of Petunias (mind you they were Surfinias) it cost about �£4 and had 8 seeds in it. Why are Surfinias so...
    Strongy, I would never get to sleep at night - I would still be counting. The seed must cost a bit - about 4 years ago I bought a packet of Petunias (mind you they were Surfinias) it cost about...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Gillypetunia

How many seeds?

Yes, I mean individual cellsThanks for your advice.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Tiarella

Seed Trays

I use plastic cups,the kind you get in vending machines,with holes burnt in the bottom with a lighter,for alot of stuff.I think they`re ideal for leeks and colly`s etc.and i make sure i sow more...
    I use plastic cups,the kind you get in vending machines,with holes burnt in the bottom with a lighter,for alot of stuff.I think they`re ideal for leeks and colly`s etc.and i make sure i sow more than i need as i always get a few that don`t germinate. I stand them in plastic meat trays of water...
    I use plastic cups,the kind you get in vending machines,with holes burnt in the bottom with a lighter,for alot of stuff.I think they`re ideal for leeks and colly`s etc.and i make sure i sow more than i need as i always get a few that don`t...
    I use plastic cups,the kind you get in vending machines,with holes burnt in the bottom with a lighter,for alot of stuff.I think they`re ideal for leeks and colly`s etc.and i make sure i sow more...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. PLOTTY

MY WEEK : 10 UPDATE POSTED

Hi Steve, hope you are feeling better.Take a look at my blog if you get a chance - you were my inspiration!
    Hi Steve, hope you are feeling better.Take a look at my blog if you get a chance - you were my inspiration!
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. windy miller

I have my seeds...

Thanks azad That's great because I haven't yet got my water butt installed (it'll probably be high summer at this rate,and there won't be any rain to fill it!!!!) So I can just leave a watering...
    Thanks azad That's great because I haven't yet got my water butt installed (it'll probably be high summer at this rate,and there won't be any rain to fill it!!!!) So I can just leave a watering can full outside - brilliant!!! :D
    Thanks azad That's great because I haven't yet got my water butt installed (it'll probably be high summer at this rate,and there won't be any rain to fill it!!!!) So I can just leave a watering can full outside - brilliant!!! :D
    Thanks azad That's great because I haven't yet got my water butt installed (it'll probably be high summer at this rate,and there won't be any rain to fill it!!!!) So I can just leave a watering...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Kathy3

kathy3 first attempt at pic

hi mef i just lift of the bowls whenever they look bad which is not very often,and just pick the leaves out.my garden is quite well protected,so its not really a hassle kathy3
    hi mef i just lift of the bowls whenever they look bad which is not very often,and just pick the leaves out.my garden is quite well protected,so its not really a hassle kathy3
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. lazy-gardener

pruning hardy fuschias

I should remember this I suppose but I havent! I have some hardy fuschias which I have in pots. Should I be pruning these at all? they were planted last year if this helps. thanks
    I should remember this I suppose but I havent! I have some hardy fuschias which I have in pots. Should I be pruning these at all? they were planted last year if this helps. thanks
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. mef750

Help with azalea

Hi Thanks! I think i will keep it in a pot that way i can be sure its in the right soil(compost) MEF750
    Hi Thanks! I think i will keep it in a pot that way i can be sure its in the right soil(compost) MEF750
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. lelly

RIP Seeds

I posted the same about some stocks I had recently sown, I left them for a week and all the little white beards have disappeared and they are doing great, so I assume the root hairs which Strongy...
    I posted the same about some stocks I had recently sown, I left them for a week and all the little white beards have disappeared and they are doing great, so I assume the root hairs which Strongy has mentioned. Leave them a few days to see what happens. You may want to prop the lid open slightly...
    I posted the same about some stocks I had recently sown, I left them for a week and all the little white beards have disappeared and they are doing great, so I assume the root hairs which Strongy has mentioned. Leave them a few days to see what...
    I posted the same about some stocks I had recently sown, I left them for a week and all the little white beards have disappeared and they are doing great, so I assume the root hairs which Strongy...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. beanstalkgiant

Gardening advice,security and safety

Agree there Peter but if you ignore the advert the safety information might jog a few memories!
    Agree there Peter but if you ignore the advert the safety information might jog a few memories!
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. cajary

Fleece

As an "offshoot" on this topic -perhaps it ought to go in the retailer feedback section - I bought a packet of two sturdy 40" by 45" plant protector bags made of fleece and complete with...
    As an "offshoot" on this topic -perhaps it ought to go in the retailer feedback section - I bought a packet of two sturdy 40" by 45" plant protector bags made of fleece and complete with drawstrings at my local poundstore (or was it 99p store?) the other day. Just the job for popping over...
    As an "offshoot" on this topic -perhaps it ought to go in the retailer feedback section - I bought a packet of two sturdy 40" by 45" plant protector bags made of fleece and complete with drawstrings at my local poundstore (or was it 99p store?)...
    As an "offshoot" on this topic -perhaps it ought to go in the retailer feedback section - I bought a packet of two sturdy 40" by 45" plant protector bags made of fleece and complete with...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. lynne

Garden Design courses

hello chaps OK, so I'm signed up to study the RHS certificate at night school now, but I also want to study garden design specifically. I've had a mooch about on t'internet and had to have a lie...
    hello chaps OK, so I'm signed up to study the RHS certificate at night school now, but I also want to study garden design specifically. I've had a mooch about on t'internet and had to have a lie down in a darkened room with a damp flannel on my head. Did ya know you can spend 7k on a course at...
    hello chaps OK, so I'm signed up to study the RHS certificate at night school now, but I also want to study garden design specifically. I've had a mooch about on t'internet and had to have a lie down in a darkened room with a damp flannel on my...
    hello chaps OK, so I'm signed up to study the RHS certificate at night school now, but I also want to study garden design specifically. I've had a mooch about on t'internet and had to have a lie...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. PeterS

Light Box

Dendro - Same reason you used to buy petrol with added WM7 many years ago. Means nothing, like most advertising copy, but fools the public. A bit like our chancellor who says we now have the...
    Dendro - Same reason you used to buy petrol with added WM7 many years ago. Means nothing, like most advertising copy, but fools the public. A bit like our chancellor who says we now have the lowest tax rate for 70 years. He forgets that last year 10% was the lowest rate, which he has just...
    Dendro - Same reason you used to buy petrol with added WM7 many years ago. Means nothing, like most advertising copy, but fools the public. A bit like our chancellor who says we now have the lowest tax rate for 70 years. He forgets that last year...
    Dendro - Same reason you used to buy petrol with added WM7 many years ago. Means nothing, like most advertising copy, but fools the public. A bit like our chancellor who says we now have the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Waco

celendine?

Just found out that I've got celendine growing in my lawn (only a small patch thankfully) knew it was there but didn't know what it was until this guy told meGood or bad? bad I suspect!!
    Just found out that I've got celendine growing in my lawn (only a small patch thankfully) knew it was there but didn't know what it was until this guy told meGood or bad? bad I suspect!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. lynne

growing shrubs from seeds

Done it a few times , in the past. It really does depend on the shrub, for example Daphne are slow growing so you are looking at 3 to 5 years for an 18 inch flowering specimen. Other things grow...
    Done it a few times , in the past. It really does depend on the shrub, for example Daphne are slow growing so you are looking at 3 to 5 years for an 18 inch flowering specimen. Other things grow even slower and some grow a lot faster. Buddleja go from tiny seedling to massive shrub in a couple...
    Done it a few times , in the past. It really does depend on the shrub, for example Daphne are slow growing so you are looking at 3 to 5 years for an 18 inch flowering specimen. Other things grow even slower and some grow a lot faster. Buddleja go...
    Done it a few times , in the past. It really does depend on the shrub, for example Daphne are slow growing so you are looking at 3 to 5 years for an 18 inch flowering specimen. Other things grow...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. compostee

open gardens

I think sometimes we are far too hard on ourselves! When I look at my garden all I can see are the faults. That bed needs weeding, that patch looks a little bare, eek, is that blackspot on my...
    I think sometimes we are far too hard on ourselves! When I look at my garden all I can see are the faults. That bed needs weeding, that patch looks a little bare, eek, is that blackspot on my Sombreuil! I had a chap come round the other day to pick up some plant pots I had advertised on...
    I think sometimes we are far too hard on ourselves! When I look at my garden all I can see are the faults. That bed needs weeding, that patch looks a little bare, eek, is that blackspot on my Sombreuil! I had a chap come round the other day to...
    I think sometimes we are far too hard on ourselves! When I look at my garden all I can see are the faults. That bed needs weeding, that patch looks a little bare, eek, is that blackspot on my...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. daz and debs

mussa valuntina

yes sorry thats the one lol
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. lynne

a career in horticulture

go for it lynne i wish i had done this. i worked for a hotel in the gardens for years on low wages etc. started done gardens in my free time at weekends but i never persude it any futher a double...
    go for it lynne i wish i had done this. i worked for a hotel in the gardens for years on low wages etc. started done gardens in my free time at weekends but i never persude it any futher a double hernea stopped me from doing gardens now iam doing maintenance in the hotel not the same i do regret...
    go for it lynne i wish i had done this. i worked for a hotel in the gardens for years on low wages etc. started done gardens in my free time at weekends but i never persude it any futher a double hernea stopped me from doing gardens now iam doing...
    go for it lynne i wish i had done this. i worked for a hotel in the gardens for years on low wages etc. started done gardens in my free time at weekends but i never persude it any futher a double...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice