Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: What's looking good MARCH 2024 Nutcracker South Somerset, Mar 29, 2024 at 11:59 AM
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Arthritis and garden tools pete, Jan 10, 2024
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Westland Peat free compost akwe-xavante, Mar 29, 2024 at 11:59 AM
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Slow and steady - Beginner :-) fairygirl, Mar 29, 2024 at 7:57 AM
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
    Latest: Converting a Wheelie Bin to Compost Bin Butterfly6, Mar 29, 2024 at 11:41 AM
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Cuttings that root in water flounder, Mar 28, 2024 at 8:31 PM
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Got new pullets noisette47, Jul 30, 2023
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. LooseLotty

ideas to stop my plant pots walking?

Thanks for all the ideas. One of our neighbours has had some stolen and everyone else hasn't bothered. It's such a shame that a few people can spoil it for the rest. I shall try and get some chain...
    Thanks for all the ideas. One of our neighbours has had some stolen and everyone else hasn't bothered. It's such a shame that a few people can spoil it for the rest. I shall try and get some chain or some larger pots.Won't be moving as it is already a nice area!!! Believe it or not no one seems...
    Thanks for all the ideas. One of our neighbours has had some stolen and everyone else hasn't bothered. It's such a shame that a few people can spoil it for the rest. I shall try and get some chain or some larger pots.Won't be moving as it is...
    Thanks for all the ideas. One of our neighbours has had some stolen and everyone else hasn't bothered. It's such a shame that a few people can spoil it for the rest. I shall try and get some chain...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Economiser

Lathraea clandestina (Purple toothwort)

Wow - what a super description, just had to do a search to see what this amazing parasite looks like. I can see the fascination! It is absolutely stunning...and I can see now that it would be...
    Wow - what a super description, just had to do a search to see what this amazing parasite looks like. I can see the fascination! It is absolutely stunning...and I can see now that it would be well worth the wait!Good luck in your search!
    Wow - what a super description, just had to do a search to see what this amazing parasite looks like. I can see the fascination! It is absolutely stunning...and I can see now that it would be well worth the wait!Good luck in your search!
    Wow - what a super description, just had to do a search to see what this amazing parasite looks like. I can see the fascination! It is absolutely stunning...and I can see now that it would be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. windy miller

Dividing miscanthus

Thanks for that, Palustris - that helps a lot.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. lynne

ideas for a specimen plant needed

Glad you like the Eucryphia, Lynne - it's absolutely gorgeous! And that coprosma looks very interesting - I've left a print out about it strategically tempting me.......Good job somebody is on...
    Glad you like the Eucryphia, Lynne - it's absolutely gorgeous! And that coprosma looks very interesting - I've left a print out about it strategically tempting me.......Good job somebody is on control of the budget there! :D
    Glad you like the Eucryphia, Lynne - it's absolutely gorgeous! And that coprosma looks very interesting - I've left a print out about it strategically tempting me.......Good job somebody is on control of the budget there! :D
    Glad you like the Eucryphia, Lynne - it's absolutely gorgeous! And that coprosma looks very interesting - I've left a print out about it strategically tempting me.......Good job somebody is on...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Honey Bee

...well, not much gardening...

Honey Bee is your greenhouse heated? or is it just the sun shining through?Sounds lovely whatever ;)
    Honey Bee is your greenhouse heated? or is it just the sun shining through?Sounds lovely whatever ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. neilskeates

WISTERIA

ok thanks. looks like i will have to leave it until next year then.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Waco

Cooking seeds!

Throw 'em in a seed tray, plonk 'em in the greenhouse, water and let 'em get on with it :DTropicals obviously need a bit of warmth but if you want hardy outdoor plants then don't mollycoddle,...
    Throw 'em in a seed tray, plonk 'em in the greenhouse, water and let 'em get on with it :DTropicals obviously need a bit of warmth but if you want hardy outdoor plants then don't mollycoddle, you just encourage disease and damping off. I'm convinced most seeds grow in spite of our best...
    Throw 'em in a seed tray, plonk 'em in the greenhouse, water and let 'em get on with it :DTropicals obviously need a bit of warmth but if you want hardy outdoor plants then don't mollycoddle, you just encourage disease and damping off. I'm...
    Throw 'em in a seed tray, plonk 'em in the greenhouse, water and let 'em get on with it :DTropicals obviously need a bit of warmth but if you want hardy outdoor plants then don't mollycoddle,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. elliegreenwellie

Stocks

thanks Peter,I can still see the white fluff so may be mould. Unfortunately I am away for the weekend now so it will have to be Monday before I sort them out - hopefully they will be alright...
    thanks Peter,I can still see the white fluff so may be mould. Unfortunately I am away for the weekend now so it will have to be Monday before I sort them out - hopefully they will be alright till then. I can't believe it is going cold again this week. I am itching to set up my mini...
    thanks Peter,I can still see the white fluff so may be mould. Unfortunately I am away for the weekend now so it will have to be Monday before I sort them out - hopefully they will be alright till then. I can't believe it is going cold again...
    thanks Peter,I can still see the white fluff so may be mould. Unfortunately I am away for the weekend now so it will have to be Monday before I sort them out - hopefully they will be alright...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. carolb

plugs

I have grown plugs as well as seeds for many years - means I can half a dozen plants of different kinds - instead of a tray full of seedlings.I take them out of their little plastic pots, very...
    I have grown plugs as well as seeds for many years - means I can half a dozen plants of different kinds - instead of a tray full of seedlings.I take them out of their little plastic pots, very carefully - as the fine roots are usually through the mesh - and pot them them up before planting...
    I have grown plugs as well as seeds for many years - means I can half a dozen plants of different kinds - instead of a tray full of seedlings.I take them out of their little plastic pots, very carefully - as the fine roots are usually through...
    I have grown plugs as well as seeds for many years - means I can half a dozen plants of different kinds - instead of a tray full of seedlings.I take them out of their little plastic pots, very...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. lelly

Advice on cuttings??

The best thing to do is take several cuttings of each, altho' you'll only need to keep one of the russian vine!!!! :eek: cut a stem just below a leaf axil,Leaving a couple of leaf axils attached...
    The best thing to do is take several cuttings of each, altho' you'll only need to keep one of the russian vine!!!! :eek: cut a stem just below a leaf axil,Leaving a couple of leaf axils attached above, remove the leaves at the axil and push into compost. keep moist. try looking at this for...
    The best thing to do is take several cuttings of each, altho' you'll only need to keep one of the russian vine!!!! :eek: cut a stem just below a leaf axil,Leaving a couple of leaf axils attached above, remove the leaves at the axil and push...
    The best thing to do is take several cuttings of each, altho' you'll only need to keep one of the russian vine!!!! :eek: cut a stem just below a leaf axil,Leaving a couple of leaf axils attached...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. josephine

Agapanthus

Thanks Walnut, i've planted out one for the moment as the forecast is for a cold snap next week, even a threat of snow. I'll just have to see how that one goes. Thanks again.
    Thanks Walnut, i've planted out one for the moment as the forecast is for a cold snap next week, even a threat of snow. I'll just have to see how that one goes. Thanks again.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. lelly

can i take a cutting from....

The Russian Vine I'd be inclined to bid farewell and leave it behind :DHowever, if you must! Just snip a few growing tips and stick them in water, they'll take off!Same with the...
    The Russian Vine I'd be inclined to bid farewell and leave it behind :DHowever, if you must! Just snip a few growing tips and stick them in water, they'll take off!Same with the Honeysuckle. Very easy to root and the jam jar method works well though it will be a bit slower than the vine
    The Russian Vine I'd be inclined to bid farewell and leave it behind :DHowever, if you must! Just snip a few growing tips and stick them in water, they'll take off!Same with the Honeysuckle. Very easy to root and the jam jar method works...
    The Russian Vine I'd be inclined to bid farewell and leave it behind :DHowever, if you must! Just snip a few growing tips and stick them in water, they'll take off!Same with the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Daisies

my airplant

That's a really useful site, MMD - many thanks for the link. Like so many people, I thought misting them was what was needed...... Oh, well..... Now I know better! :D
    That's a really useful site, MMD - many thanks for the link. Like so many people, I thought misting them was what was needed...... Oh, well..... Now I know better! :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Stingo

Copper Fungicide

Cheshunt compound, Approximately:Copper (II) Sulphate, pentahydrate 15%Ammonium Carbonate 83%Don't know what the other 2% is - probably a wetting agent.Lethal to fish and other pond life...
    Cheshunt compound, Approximately:Copper (II) Sulphate, pentahydrate 15%Ammonium Carbonate 83%Don't know what the other 2% is - probably a wetting agent.Lethal to fish and other pond life so avoid any contamination and dispose of carefully.
    Cheshunt compound, Approximately:Copper (II) Sulphate, pentahydrate 15%Ammonium Carbonate 83%Don't know what the other 2% is - probably a wetting agent.Lethal to fish and other pond life so avoid any contamination and dispose of carefully.
    Cheshunt compound, Approximately:Copper (II) Sulphate, pentahydrate 15%Ammonium Carbonate 83%Don't know what the other 2% is - probably a wetting agent.Lethal to fish and other pond life...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. backache

Brambles from cuttings ?

Thats all the encouragement I need ! Im going to get the cutters out and go bramble mad, planting cut offs all along the boundary. There is an old straight wire fence about 3 foot high, its...
    Thats all the encouragement I need ! Im going to get the cutters out and go bramble mad, planting cut offs all along the boundary. There is an old straight wire fence about 3 foot high, its useless for keeping people out but could be great for training bramble cuttings.Thanks everyone
    Thats all the encouragement I need ! Im going to get the cutters out and go bramble mad, planting cut offs all along the boundary. There is an old straight wire fence about 3 foot high, its useless for keeping people out but could be great for...
    Thats all the encouragement I need ! Im going to get the cutters out and go bramble mad, planting cut offs all along the boundary. There is an old straight wire fence about 3 foot high, its...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. backache

Urgent security hedge help needed

Wow, thanks for all the kind offers. However, you need not go to all that trouble as im going to try snipping some brambles and replanting them.Im also going to look for other existing bushes...
    Wow, thanks for all the kind offers. However, you need not go to all that trouble as im going to try snipping some brambles and replanting them.Im also going to look for other existing bushes that I can snip here and there, there are a few pyracathas not far away that wouldnt miss a branch or...
    Wow, thanks for all the kind offers. However, you need not go to all that trouble as im going to try snipping some brambles and replanting them.Im also going to look for other existing bushes that I can snip here and there, there are a few...
    Wow, thanks for all the kind offers. However, you need not go to all that trouble as im going to try snipping some brambles and replanting them.Im also going to look for other existing bushes...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Gillypetunia

Morning Glory

Gilly - I grow them myself, but am no expert on them. From what I have hard from other people they do like warmth, and the further north you are the less well they perform. However you should be...
    Gilly - I grow them myself, but am no expert on them. From what I have hard from other people they do like warmth, and the further north you are the less well they perform. However you should be OK in London.
    Gilly - I grow them myself, but am no expert on them. From what I have hard from other people they do like warmth, and the further north you are the less well they perform. However you should be OK in London.
    Gilly - I grow them myself, but am no expert on them. From what I have hard from other people they do like warmth, and the further north you are the less well they perform. However you should be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Bunslip

MOP: (Mock Orange Pruning) help please

They are a gorgeous plant - my parents have one and it's plastered in the most gorgeous-smelling and pretty flowers in the summer. I've just bought one and on the advice of the nursery owner will...
    They are a gorgeous plant - my parents have one and it's plastered in the most gorgeous-smelling and pretty flowers in the summer. I've just bought one and on the advice of the nursery owner will cut it back in a week or so, sacrificing this year's flowers for a bushier plant and more flowers...
    They are a gorgeous plant - my parents have one and it's plastered in the most gorgeous-smelling and pretty flowers in the summer. I've just bought one and on the advice of the nursery owner will cut it back in a week or so, sacrificing this...
    They are a gorgeous plant - my parents have one and it's plastered in the most gorgeous-smelling and pretty flowers in the summer. I've just bought one and on the advice of the nursery owner will...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. windygale

Birthday gift

hi kedi-gato, i really hope so as i have loads of gardening books, plants & equipment, i have to give away, or leave it to somebody when i pass on (hopefully not for a very long time)and as i dont...
    hi kedi-gato, i really hope so as i have loads of gardening books, plants & equipment, i have to give away, or leave it to somebody when i pass on (hopefully not for a very long time)and as i dont want to see it go to waste, but time will tell (as the saying goes)
    hi kedi-gato, i really hope so as i have loads of gardening books, plants & equipment, i have to give away, or leave it to somebody when i pass on (hopefully not for a very long time)and as i dont want to see it go to waste, but time will tell...
    hi kedi-gato, i really hope so as i have loads of gardening books, plants & equipment, i have to give away, or leave it to somebody when i pass on (hopefully not for a very long time)and as i dont...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. gioia mia

How can you tell what kind of soil you have?

Thank you for all your advice and for taking the time to help meI found a lovely website with a gazillion different kinds of heather - it's called Galloway Heather. Think I might order from...
    Thank you for all your advice and for taking the time to help meI found a lovely website with a gazillion different kinds of heather - it's called Galloway Heather. Think I might order from them...
    Thank you for all your advice and for taking the time to help meI found a lovely website with a gazillion different kinds of heather - it's called Galloway Heather. Think I might order from them...
    Thank you for all your advice and for taking the time to help meI found a lovely website with a gazillion different kinds of heather - it's called Galloway Heather. Think I might order from...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice