Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: What are we doing in the garden 2024 Mrs. B., Mar 29, 2024 at 1:08 PM
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Arthritis and garden tools pete, Jan 10, 2024
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Westland Peat free compost akwe-xavante, Mar 29, 2024 at 11:59 AM
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Slow and steady - Beginner :-) fairygirl, Mar 29, 2024 at 7:57 AM
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
    Latest: Converting a Wheelie Bin to Compost Bin Butterfly6, Mar 29, 2024 at 11:41 AM
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Cuttings that root in water flounder, Mar 28, 2024 at 8:31 PM
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Got new pullets noisette47, Jul 30, 2023
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Whiley

Sweetpeas

Thank you! Good to know! Going to pick up seeds today and plant them this evening!
    Thank you! Good to know! Going to pick up seeds today and plant them this evening!
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. krafty

What can I plant ??

Thankyou everyone and especially Jimbo,popped out this morning and there are signs of life in the ferns...I will definately plant some astibe too as they are very pretty and will give a nice...
    Thankyou everyone and especially Jimbo,popped out this morning and there are signs of life in the ferns...I will definately plant some astibe too as they are very pretty and will give a nice contrast.By the way I bought some packets of Marigolds from Aldi's at 29p a packet and there were loads...
    Thankyou everyone and especially Jimbo,popped out this morning and there are signs of life in the ferns...I will definately plant some astibe too as they are very pretty and will give a nice contrast.By the way I bought some packets of Marigolds...
    Thankyou everyone and especially Jimbo,popped out this morning and there are signs of life in the ferns...I will definately plant some astibe too as they are very pretty and will give a nice...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Platanoides

Leycesteria Formosa

Thank you for the offer Blackthorn, I'll let you know how it goes.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Scotkat

New Spring Cone Baskets

Fancy can't see your photos just red x.Yes they do make stunning baskets.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. FANCY

Compact gardening

Liked the garden fancy, when bm asked about what that plant was i didn't see the photo at first until i scrolled down, when the statue came into view i thought he meant that as a joke, but never...
    Liked the garden fancy, when bm asked about what that plant was i didn't see the photo at first until i scrolled down, when the statue came into view i thought he meant that as a joke, but never mind eh.
    Liked the garden fancy, when bm asked about what that plant was i didn't see the photo at first until i scrolled down, when the statue came into view i thought he meant that as a joke, but never mind eh.
    Liked the garden fancy, when bm asked about what that plant was i didn't see the photo at first until i scrolled down, when the statue came into view i thought he meant that as a joke, but never...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. weekend gardener

good read

I'm another one who reads on and then gets side-tracked and can't remember where I started. Still, it's fun and I learn a bit more each time.
    I'm another one who reads on and then gets side-tracked and can't remember where I started. Still, it's fun and I learn a bit more each time.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. windy miller

splitting echeverias

When we were travelling the Grnad Canyon last yr it was so hot and I wanted new shorts and I fell in love yes you brough it back WM luminous orange and lime of course material is thin and cool not...
    When we were travelling the Grnad Canyon last yr it was so hot and I wanted new shorts and I fell in love yes you brough it back WM luminous orange and lime of course material is thin and cool not as hot as our material.I will ware them here but round the back or when I go out on my bike in...
    When we were travelling the Grnad Canyon last yr it was so hot and I wanted new shorts and I fell in love yes you brough it back WM luminous orange and lime of course material is thin and cool not as hot as our material.I will ware them here...
    When we were travelling the Grnad Canyon last yr it was so hot and I wanted new shorts and I fell in love yes you brough it back WM luminous orange and lime of course material is thin and cool not...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. carolb

hortense

thanks everyone for info,its in planted at weekend.next 2 2 cream roses,carolb
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Liz

Anemone Nemerosa [wood anemone]

I will have to check mine.I think we spotted leaves last week but as yet no flowers.I do like to see them though.Lovely photos Liz :D
    I will have to check mine.I think we spotted leaves last week but as yet no flowers.I do like to see them though.Lovely photos Liz :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. daisybelle

Plants/seeds from eBay

must rush off to Ebay to see what's on offer.............
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. nogreenfingersere

dead as a doornail

One thing you do need to find out is where the water is coming from, into your garden. There is ,as pointed out, little point in putting soil in your garden if the water from everywhere else is...
    One thing you do need to find out is where the water is coming from, into your garden. There is ,as pointed out, little point in putting soil in your garden if the water from everywhere else is draining onto your land. You just end up with a load of wet topsoil. Then if you do decide on field...
    One thing you do need to find out is where the water is coming from, into your garden. There is ,as pointed out, little point in putting soil in your garden if the water from everywhere else is draining onto your land. You just end up with a load...
    One thing you do need to find out is where the water is coming from, into your garden. There is ,as pointed out, little point in putting soil in your garden if the water from everywhere else is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. PLOTTY

MY WEEK : 9 UPDATE POSTED

Very interesting read Steve if i was not far away would be arriving to give you a help in your allotment.This is an ideal job I woul be in my element all day long.When did you take your hebe...
    Very interesting read Steve if i was not far away would be arriving to give you a help in your allotment.This is an ideal job I woul be in my element all day long.When did you take your hebe tip cuttings.I baught a young hebe of the same last summer but it has not grown in to avey nice...
    Very interesting read Steve if i was not far away would be arriving to give you a help in your allotment.This is an ideal job I woul be in my element all day long.When did you take your hebe tip cuttings.I baught a young hebe of the same...
    Very interesting read Steve if i was not far away would be arriving to give you a help in your allotment.This is an ideal job I woul be in my element all day long.When did you take your hebe...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. windy miller

installing water butt - help!

Men love it!!Oh, I really don't have a clue.....You're so clever.....eyelash flutter.... Gets you all sorts of freebies - especially from mechanics :D :D
    Men love it!!Oh, I really don't have a clue.....You're so clever.....eyelash flutter.... Gets you all sorts of freebies - especially from mechanics :D :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. daz and debs

musa sikkimensis

Hi i have a musa basjoo to plant in spring my first time growing bananas.I really like the musa sikkimensis also. is this a good choice to try as i said iv never grown bananas before thanx ..daz
    Hi i have a musa basjoo to plant in spring my first time growing bananas.I really like the musa sikkimensis also. is this a good choice to try as i said iv never grown bananas before thanx ..daz
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. daisybelle

How long for spring bulbs to naturalise?

Lovely! I'll do the fertiliser and hope I have a few more to enjoy next year.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Lynda

Gardening rates

Now an update to this. My friend came last year and, as expected, flatly refused to accept more than �£5 per hour - he even insisted on giving me back the �£5 extra I paid him one day! He...
    Now an update to this. My friend came last year and, as expected, flatly refused to accept more than �£5 per hour - he even insisted on giving me back the �£5 extra I paid him one day! He knows I am on a low income (although I have savings) and says his rates vary according to how...
    Now an update to this. My friend came last year and, as expected, flatly refused to accept more than �£5 per hour - he even insisted on giving me back the �£5 extra I paid him one day! He knows I am on a low income (although I have...
    Now an update to this. My friend came last year and, as expected, flatly refused to accept more than �£5 per hour - he even insisted on giving me back the �£5 extra I paid him one day! He...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. lynne

distance between lavender plants for a low hedge

You're welcome. re short lived, take cuttings this summer, to ensure enough plants to replace any losses. Good luck
    You're welcome. re short lived, take cuttings this summer, to ensure enough plants to replace any losses. Good luck
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. maltaron

River water

Here is the site of the: DRINKING WATER INSPECTORATE, which should be able to direct you...http://www.dwi.gov.uk/
    Here is the site of the: DRINKING WATER INSPECTORATE, which should be able to direct you...http://www.dwi.gov.uk/
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Stingo

Terracota feet for pots?

If you do that, of course, you'll have to make sure they don't dry out! Swings and roundabouts..... :rolleyes:
    If you do that, of course, you'll have to make sure they don't dry out! Swings and roundabouts..... :rolleyes:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Maurice

Photinia (Red Robin)

I dont have red robin in my garden but so want good foliage for flower arranging.
    I dont have red robin in my garden but so want good foliage for flower arranging.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice