Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: What are we doing in the garden 2024 Singing Gardener, Mar 28, 2024 at 11:40 AM
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Arthritis and garden tools pete, Jan 10, 2024
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Slow and steady - Beginner :-) AnniD, Mar 28, 2024 at 10:30 AM
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
    Latest: Irrigation system Fat Controller, Mar 24, 2024 at 8:47 PM
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Cuttings that root in water pete, Mar 28, 2024 at 11:10 AM
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Got new pullets noisette47, Jul 30, 2023
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. Scotkat

Seeds finally arrived fromTM

I've noticed T&M are slow sending out their seeds this year
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. tig

planters

thats a good idea glen, youve given me more food for thought.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. elainefiz

What a beauty!

Thanks Mel,but i`ve already chucked them in the freezer. :eek: :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Garden sponge

Help cos its a concrete base

Hi Gs The worms will be near the top of the heap, they need air to breathe. They work on the new stuff at the top as you put it in. You could make a base "tray" for the bins to stand on. Timber...
    Hi Gs The worms will be near the top of the heap, they need air to breathe. They work on the new stuff at the top as you put it in. You could make a base "tray" for the bins to stand on. Timber rails and heavy duty poly come to mind,or perhaps 18"x9" concrete walling blocks? With a gentle...
    Hi Gs The worms will be near the top of the heap, they need air to breathe. They work on the new stuff at the top as you put it in. You could make a base "tray" for the bins to stand on. Timber rails and heavy duty poly come to mind,or perhaps...
    Hi Gs The worms will be near the top of the heap, they need air to breathe. They work on the new stuff at the top as you put it in. You could make a base "tray" for the bins to stand on. Timber...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. staffordshaun

Gardening Magazines

Oktarine,I was given a book called The Vegetable & Herb Expert By Dr.D.G.Hessayon from EXPERT (�£7.99) and it`s one of the best gifts i`ve ever recieved.They do a whole range ie;The Bedding...
    Oktarine,I was given a book called The Vegetable & Herb Expert By Dr.D.G.Hessayon from EXPERT (�£7.99) and it`s one of the best gifts i`ve ever recieved.They do a whole range ie;The Bedding Plant Expert,The Bulb Expert and so on...
    Oktarine,I was given a book called The Vegetable & Herb Expert By Dr.D.G.Hessayon from EXPERT (�£7.99) and it`s one of the best gifts i`ve ever recieved.They do a whole range ie;The Bedding Plant Expert,The Bulb Expert and so on...
    Oktarine,I was given a book called The Vegetable & Herb Expert By Dr.D.G.Hessayon from EXPERT (�£7.99) and it`s one of the best gifts i`ve ever recieved.They do a whole range ie;The Bedding...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Bunslip

weight lifting bulbs

It's amazing how quickly grass can knit itself back up - but if we get very dry weather, keep watering it, so it doesn't dry up while it's sorting itself out, and getting roots re-established. ...
    It's amazing how quickly grass can knit itself back up - but if we get very dry weather, keep watering it, so it doesn't dry up while it's sorting itself out, and getting roots re-established. It's more of a prob if you've had to roll it back, and I doubt if you'll get a prob.
    It's amazing how quickly grass can knit itself back up - but if we get very dry weather, keep watering it, so it doesn't dry up while it's sorting itself out, and getting roots re-established. It's more of a prob if you've had to roll it back,...
    It's amazing how quickly grass can knit itself back up - but if we get very dry weather, keep watering it, so it doesn't dry up while it's sorting itself out, and getting roots re-established. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. cauliflower ears

seed prices

alanromans.com are selling seeds at 50p a pack. i've no idea if they're any good but am going to order some today...
    alanromans.com are selling seeds at 50p a pack. i've no idea if they're any good but am going to order some today...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Bunslip

This book any good??

Nice one geoff. Ill see if I can get hold of a copy.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Foxy2006

Growing from Seed

Hi nutty norah,a good idea is to make a note of the plant,date sown etc on a little plastic lable that you stick in the soil.(look on the back of the seed packet for expected germination time...
    Hi nutty norah,a good idea is to make a note of the plant,date sown etc on a little plastic lable that you stick in the soil.(look on the back of the seed packet for expected germination time etc.)If you find they dont germinate well,for whatever reason,just try again.It`s all experience.Good...
    Hi nutty norah,a good idea is to make a note of the plant,date sown etc on a little plastic lable that you stick in the soil.(look on the back of the seed packet for expected germination time etc.)If you find they dont germinate well,for whatever...
    Hi nutty norah,a good idea is to make a note of the plant,date sown etc on a little plastic lable that you stick in the soil.(look on the back of the seed packet for expected germination time...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. timecharger

Smothering grass by planting on plastic...how much digging is needed??

good advice from you both....I'll lay newspaper down (cheers whis4ey) and will do the 1ft compost square (cheers geoff) which I've heard aboutI'm not sure if I'll cut up the turf this year, as...
    good advice from you both....I'll lay newspaper down (cheers whis4ey) and will do the 1ft compost square (cheers geoff) which I've heard aboutI'm not sure if I'll cut up the turf this year, as that's what I'm trying to avoid doing. I have another 8 x 10 metre rows to dig, and could do with...
    good advice from you both....I'll lay newspaper down (cheers whis4ey) and will do the 1ft compost square (cheers geoff) which I've heard aboutI'm not sure if I'll cut up the turf this year, as that's what I'm trying to avoid doing. I have...
    good advice from you both....I'll lay newspaper down (cheers whis4ey) and will do the 1ft compost square (cheers geoff) which I've heard aboutI'm not sure if I'll cut up the turf this year, as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. PLOTTY

MY WEEK : 5 UPDATE POSTED

Hey Plotty,bought Kitchen garden today(first time)and read your column.Congratulations BTW, and Best of luck with the walled kitchen garden and will look forward to seeing how you go.You are gonna...
    Hey Plotty,bought Kitchen garden today(first time)and read your column.Congratulations BTW, and Best of luck with the walled kitchen garden and will look forward to seeing how you go.You are gonna be busy.
    Hey Plotty,bought Kitchen garden today(first time)and read your column.Congratulations BTW, and Best of luck with the walled kitchen garden and will look forward to seeing how you go.You are gonna be busy.
    Hey Plotty,bought Kitchen garden today(first time)and read your column.Congratulations BTW, and Best of luck with the walled kitchen garden and will look forward to seeing how you go.You are gonna...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. dalbuie

Cristmas present finally arrives!

Now its funny you should say that ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Marley Farley

Square Pots....

Wow, what an excellent site dendy... I have had a good look through, but they don't do the fertilizer I use.. I would think that their "B'Cuzz range is probably nearest to what I am using......
    Wow, what an excellent site dendy... I have had a good look through, but they don't do the fertilizer I use.. I would think that their "B'Cuzz range is probably nearest to what I am using... Lots of info on there, thanks..... Have book marked it though for ref' if nothing else... :D :D
    Wow, what an excellent site dendy... I have had a good look through, but they don't do the fertilizer I use.. I would think that their "B'Cuzz range is probably nearest to what I am using... Lots of info on there, thanks..... Have book marked...
    Wow, what an excellent site dendy... I have had a good look through, but they don't do the fertilizer I use.. I would think that their "B'Cuzz range is probably nearest to what I am using......
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. garden_fiend

ginger lilies

Mine are in my un-heated greehouse (it is frost-free, 5 degrees is the lowest temperature)and it is bubble-wrapped. They're still looking good though. I've taken Pete's advice and just left the...
    Mine are in my un-heated greehouse (it is frost-free, 5 degrees is the lowest temperature)and it is bubble-wrapped. They're still looking good though. I've taken Pete's advice and just left the strongest stems.Wish me luck! Surely Mr Waco could squeeze himself into a corner somewhere and enjoy...
    Mine are in my un-heated greehouse (it is frost-free, 5 degrees is the lowest temperature)and it is bubble-wrapped. They're still looking good though. I've taken Pete's advice and just left the strongest stems.Wish me luck! Surely Mr Waco could...
    Mine are in my un-heated greehouse (it is frost-free, 5 degrees is the lowest temperature)and it is bubble-wrapped. They're still looking good though. I've taken Pete's advice and just left the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Hornbeam

Spring

Exactly what I was thinking, Marge! :DThat's fantastic pic, HB! Looks like you've got the same clear blue skies as we have, and probably the cold to go with them....
    Exactly what I was thinking, Marge! :DThat's fantastic pic, HB! Looks like you've got the same clear blue skies as we have, and probably the cold to go with them....
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Juicer

Gardening Software

Hi, Juicer - I've seen some of your articles, highlighted on my Google bar. Nice to speak to you!I've tried a few on-line plant-finder set-ups, like the RHS one, the Crocus one and the BBC...
    Hi, Juicer - I've seen some of your articles, highlighted on my Google bar. Nice to speak to you!I've tried a few on-line plant-finder set-ups, like the RHS one, the Crocus one and the BBC gardening pages one. They're all limited, I find, but the only ones I've tried as software are even...
    Hi, Juicer - I've seen some of your articles, highlighted on my Google bar. Nice to speak to you!I've tried a few on-line plant-finder set-ups, like the RHS one, the Crocus one and the BBC gardening pages one. They're all limited, I find, but...
    Hi, Juicer - I've seen some of your articles, highlighted on my Google bar. Nice to speak to you!I've tried a few on-line plant-finder set-ups, like the RHS one, the Crocus one and the BBC...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Scotkat

Spilling pots

Snap......
    Snap......
    Snap......
    Snap......
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Bunslip

Frosty

Geoff is absolutely right. In his last paragraph he talks about cold destroying the cell walls. This is exactly the same as in a car. Freezing water expands and can burst your engine block, in...
    Geoff is absolutely right. In his last paragraph he talks about cold destroying the cell walls. This is exactly the same as in a car. Freezing water expands and can burst your engine block, in the same way as it bursts water pipes in the house. The answer with a car is to use antifreeze, which...
    Geoff is absolutely right. In his last paragraph he talks about cold destroying the cell walls. This is exactly the same as in a car. Freezing water expands and can burst your engine block, in the same way as it bursts water pipes in the house....
    Geoff is absolutely right. In his last paragraph he talks about cold destroying the cell walls. This is exactly the same as in a car. Freezing water expands and can burst your engine block, in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. oktarine

Local Authority Green Waste Collection

I am not bothered about what happens once it goes in the skip - as long as it doesn't end up in a layby somewhere, not that I have hired a skip for many years. I did hear of someone who had a skip...
    I am not bothered about what happens once it goes in the skip - as long as it doesn't end up in a layby somewhere, not that I have hired a skip for many years. I did hear of someone who had a skip dropped off in the road and coned off etc. When they came to use it was half full already...seemed...
    I am not bothered about what happens once it goes in the skip - as long as it doesn't end up in a layby somewhere, not that I have hired a skip for many years. I did hear of someone who had a skip dropped off in the road and coned off etc. When...
    I am not bothered about what happens once it goes in the skip - as long as it doesn't end up in a layby somewhere, not that I have hired a skip for many years. I did hear of someone who had a skip...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Bunslip

B&Q Lavender

I met a fantastic knowledgeable gardener who worked for B&Q, unfortunately he worked in a different department, but he did give me some useful advice.
    I met a fantastic knowledgeable gardener who worked for B&Q, unfortunately he worked in a different department, but he did give me some useful advice.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice