1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: What's looking good APRIL 2024 Athelas, Apr 25, 2024 at 9:02 AM
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Arthritis and garden tools pete, Jan 10, 2024
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Which soil improver? fairygirl, Apr 24, 2024 at 7:27 PM
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: My Little Haven Part 2 flounder, Apr 4, 2024
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
    Latest: Best tool for trimming edges of lawn amancalledgeorge, Apr 22, 2024 at 12:27 PM
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Cuttings that root in water flounder, Mar 31, 2024
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Oh Dear! Goldenlily26, Apr 25, 2024 at 8:39 AM
Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1. landimad

2013 new growth

Eccromocarpus scaber "bursting" back into bloom................ Also spotted during my torchlight inspection were these new shoots emerging on an un-mulched Lobelia tupa..............
    Eccromocarpus scaber "bursting" back into bloom................ Also spotted during my torchlight inspection were these new shoots emerging on an un-mulched Lobelia tupa..............
    snowdrops.JPG snowdrops1.JPG DSC_0147a.jpg DSC_0148a.jpg DSC_0146b.jpg DSC_0146c.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. stephenprudence
    Like x 9

Garden in mid-winter (photos)

Ceanothus are grown everywhere here but they grow so quickly. It's the wet that spoils things for us.....it's not the cold that damages our silver greys, etc but the damp from the sea, etc .
    Ceanothus are grown everywhere here but they grow so quickly. It's the wet that spoils things for us.....it's not the cold that damages our silver greys, etc but the damp from the sea, etc .
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. mowgley

pruning fuchsia

Well done larkshall.
    Well done larkshall.
    Well done larkshall.
    Well done larkshall.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. wiseowl

Make a date

Saw it this evening and was OKish but I loved the Prog Rock soundtrack, I wonder if that was her choice?
    Saw it this evening and was OKish but I loved the Prog Rock soundtrack, I wonder if that was her choice?
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Verdun

Love your garden

WeeTam, I think I agree. Gardening shows are a bit like cooking shows, entertaining to watch but how often do you actually go on and make the recipe?I tend to search for specific instructional...
    WeeTam, I think I agree. Gardening shows are a bit like cooking shows, entertaining to watch but how often do you actually go on and make the recipe?I tend to search for specific instructional videos on YouTube if I am wanting to learn something particular. TV presenters need to be...
    WeeTam, I think I agree. Gardening shows are a bit like cooking shows, entertaining to watch but how often do you actually go on and make the recipe?I tend to search for specific instructional videos on YouTube if I am wanting to learn...
    WeeTam, I think I agree. Gardening shows are a bit like cooking shows, entertaining to watch but how often do you actually go on and make the recipe?I tend to search for specific instructional...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Amy Mahrenholz

Advice on how to obscure unsightly sheds...

The problem with fast growing is that once the area is filled you spend forever keeping it in check. We have a climbing hydrangea and it clings to the fence and looks amazing most of the year...
    The problem with fast growing is that once the area is filled you spend forever keeping it in check. We have a climbing hydrangea and it clings to the fence and looks amazing most of the year even when not in bloom
    The problem with fast growing is that once the area is filled you spend forever keeping it in check. We have a climbing hydrangea and it clings to the fence and looks amazing most of the year even when not in bloom
    The problem with fast growing is that once the area is filled you spend forever keeping it in check. We have a climbing hydrangea and it clings to the fence and looks amazing most of the year...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. HarryS

Garden Fleece - How the heck..?

There probably is as RR and Bentley are a large part of what we do. There is also a fair bit of Merc stuff as I specialize in classic Mercs. The ice blocks have almost melted now which is more...
    There probably is as RR and Bentley are a large part of what we do. There is also a fair bit of Merc stuff as I specialize in classic Mercs. The ice blocks have almost melted now which is more than can be said about the pavements.
    There probably is as RR and Bentley are a large part of what we do. There is also a fair bit of Merc stuff as I specialize in classic Mercs. The ice blocks have almost melted now which is more than can be said about the pavements.
    There probably is as RR and Bentley are a large part of what we do. There is also a fair bit of Merc stuff as I specialize in classic Mercs. The ice blocks have almost melted now which is more...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Whiley

Highly scented indoor plants

now with this environmental friendly this and that, the air fresheners will soon disappear
    now with this environmental friendly this and that, the air fresheners will soon disappear
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Apple Blossom
    Friendly x 13

Just a big THANK YOU

There would have been more but the friendly neighbour liked it so much he stayed for a second cuppa and another piece of cake! Then his son came and had a piece too.... and then the wife...
    There would have been more but the friendly neighbour liked it so much he stayed for a second cuppa and another piece of cake! Then his son came and had a piece too.... and then the wife arrived... so another piece went..... I have a feeling they will be popping around again soon :heehee:
    There would have been more but the friendly neighbour liked it so much he stayed for a second cuppa and another piece of cake! Then his son came and had a piece too.... and then the wife arrived... so another piece went..... I have a feeling they...
    There would have been more but the friendly neighbour liked it so much he stayed for a second cuppa and another piece of cake! Then his son came and had a piece too.... and then the wife...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. rustyroots

Grit, perlite or vermiculite.

Think you'll need the grit for your paths, guys :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. "M"

Are there plants that would combat waterlogging?

Willow? I think you need to control the wetness somehow; give it a defined edge. How about creating a pond - perhaps with the willow stump island in the middle? Otherwise perhaps you could...
    Willow? I think you need to control the wetness somehow; give it a defined edge. How about creating a pond - perhaps with the willow stump island in the middle? Otherwise perhaps you could give the waterlogged area a border (with the logs) and make a bog garden to the side of a pond (that's...
    Willow? I think you need to control the wetness somehow; give it a defined edge. How about creating a pond - perhaps with the willow stump island in the middle? Otherwise perhaps you could give the waterlogged area a border (with the logs)...
    Willow? I think you need to control the wetness somehow; give it a defined edge. How about creating a pond - perhaps with the willow stump island in the middle? Otherwise perhaps you could...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. PeterS
    Like x 11

What have you got in your winter quarters?

Nah...that's not nearly full :heehee:......when you can't tell one plant from the next because they're all jumbled together and you have to move some out to get to the back of the greenhouse, then its...
    Nah...that's not nearly full :heehee:......when you can't tell one plant from the next because they're all jumbled together and you have to move some out to get to the back of the greenhouse, then its full :heehee::lunapic 130165696578242 5: Seriously though looking good Strongy, some nice plants in there :dbgrtmb:
    Nah...that's not nearly full :heehee:......when you can't tell one plant from the next because they're all jumbled together and you have to move some out to get to the back of the greenhouse, then its full :heehee::lunapic 130165696578242 5: Seriously though looking good Strongy, some...
    Nah...that's not nearly full :heehee:......when you can't tell one plant from the next because they're all jumbled together and you have to move some out to get to the back of the greenhouse, then its...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Marley Farley

Square Pots....

Wow, what an excellent site dendy... I have had a good look through, but they don't do the fertilizer I use.. I would think that their "B'Cuzz range is probably nearest to what I am using......
    Wow, what an excellent site dendy... I have had a good look through, but they don't do the fertilizer I use.. I would think that their "B'Cuzz range is probably nearest to what I am using... Lots of info on there, thanks..... Have book marked it though for ref' if nothing else... :D :D
    Wow, what an excellent site dendy... I have had a good look through, but they don't do the fertilizer I use.. I would think that their "B'Cuzz range is probably nearest to what I am using... Lots of info on there, thanks..... Have book marked...
    Wow, what an excellent site dendy... I have had a good look through, but they don't do the fertilizer I use.. I would think that their "B'Cuzz range is probably nearest to what I am using......
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. staffordshaun

Gardening Magazines

Oktarine,I was given a book called The Vegetable & Herb Expert By Dr.D.G.Hessayon from EXPERT (�£7.99) and it`s one of the best gifts i`ve ever recieved.They do a whole range ie;The Bedding...
    Oktarine,I was given a book called The Vegetable & Herb Expert By Dr.D.G.Hessayon from EXPERT (�£7.99) and it`s one of the best gifts i`ve ever recieved.They do a whole range ie;The Bedding Plant Expert,The Bulb Expert and so on...
    Oktarine,I was given a book called The Vegetable & Herb Expert By Dr.D.G.Hessayon from EXPERT (�£7.99) and it`s one of the best gifts i`ve ever recieved.They do a whole range ie;The Bedding Plant Expert,The Bulb Expert and so on...
    Oktarine,I was given a book called The Vegetable & Herb Expert By Dr.D.G.Hessayon from EXPERT (�£7.99) and it`s one of the best gifts i`ve ever recieved.They do a whole range ie;The Bedding...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. glosmike

Anemone blanda disappearing !

Sun? What is this strange phenomenon of which you speak? :) Been in very short supply down here so far in 2024. :gaah:
    Sun? What is this strange phenomenon of which you speak? :) Been in very short supply down here so far in 2024. :gaah:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Stingo

Terracota feet for pots?

If you do that, of course, you'll have to make sure they don't dry out! Swings and roundabouts..... :rolleyes:
    If you do that, of course, you'll have to make sure they don't dry out! Swings and roundabouts..... :rolleyes:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Javidr

Issues in some plants - help needed

This is why location matters so much. We have no problem here planting climbers near walls or fences, especially in south to west facing sites, because they don't dry out so easily due to the...
    This is why location matters so much. We have no problem here planting climbers near walls or fences, especially in south to west facing sites, because they don't dry out so easily due to the direction of the prevailing weather and the amount of rainfall. Even when improved, the soil doesn't...
    This is why location matters so much. We have no problem here planting climbers near walls or fences, especially in south to west facing sites, because they don't dry out so easily due to the direction of the prevailing weather and the amount of...
    This is why location matters so much. We have no problem here planting climbers near walls or fences, especially in south to west facing sites, because they don't dry out so easily due to the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Purple Streaks

Philip???? glengarry23

@Esoxlucius ,..now that is an eye opener,..i love big fish,..the Clown Loach really stand out with those colours of red black and yellow,..oh boy do they hide out at times,..ah yes the cost of...
    @Esoxlucius ,..now that is an eye opener,..i love big fish,..the Clown Loach really stand out with those colours of red black and yellow,..oh boy do they hide out at times,..ah yes the cost of light and filters not forgetting how fish food has increased in price of late,..yes a very impressive...
    @Esoxlucius ,..now that is an eye opener,..i love big fish,..the Clown Loach really stand out with those colours of red black and yellow,..oh boy do they hide out at times,..ah yes the cost of light and filters not forgetting how fish food has...
    @Esoxlucius ,..now that is an eye opener,..i love big fish,..the Clown Loach really stand out with those colours of red black and yellow,..oh boy do they hide out at times,..ah yes the cost of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Clara8002

Compost

While I agree with Shiney about certain catalogues, the trend these days is to use vegetable dye for printing magazines, letters, and marketing blurb because of the ecological/conservation drive ...
    While I agree with Shiney about certain catalogues, the trend these days is to use vegetable dye for printing magazines, letters, and marketing blurb because of the ecological/conservation drive and those are safe to put on the Compost Heap.:hapydancsmil::thumbsup: I subscribe to the weekly Amateur Gardening...
    While I agree with Shiney about certain catalogues, the trend these days is to use vegetable dye for printing magazines, letters, and marketing blurb because of the ecological/conservation drive and those are safe to put on the Compost Heap.:hapydancsmil::thumbsup: I...
    While I agree with Shiney about certain catalogues, the trend these days is to use vegetable dye for printing magazines, letters, and marketing blurb because of the ecological/conservation drive ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Verdun

Wowee!!

Doghouse, if you're feeling deprived of enough gardening you could always pop down here and give a hand. About four hours a day should help out quite a bit. :blue thumb:
    Doghouse, if you're feeling deprived of enough gardening you could always pop down here and give a hand. About four hours a day should help out quite a bit. :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice