1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: What's looking good APRIL 2024 Athelas, Apr 25, 2024 at 9:02 AM
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Arthritis and garden tools pete, Jan 10, 2024
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Which soil improver? fairygirl, Apr 24, 2024 at 7:27 PM
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: My Little Haven Part 2 flounder, Apr 4, 2024
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
    Latest: Best tool for trimming edges of lawn amancalledgeorge, Apr 22, 2024 at 12:27 PM
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Cuttings that root in water flounder, Mar 31, 2024
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Oh Dear! Goldenlily26, Apr 25, 2024 at 8:39 AM
Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. compost maker

What one bush would you love mostand why?

Yes, I'd have to go with philadelphus - in fact I just have! (I also got philadelphus virginal, coincidentally.) My parents have one and it's lovely and does indeed smell gorgeous. I don't think...
    Yes, I'd have to go with philadelphus - in fact I just have! (I also got philadelphus virginal, coincidentally.) My parents have one and it's lovely and does indeed smell gorgeous. I don't think you get many flowers at first though as I believe you have to keep pruning in spring to get a good...
    Yes, I'd have to go with philadelphus - in fact I just have! (I also got philadelphus virginal, coincidentally.) My parents have one and it's lovely and does indeed smell gorgeous. I don't think you get many flowers at first though as I believe...
    Yes, I'd have to go with philadelphus - in fact I just have! (I also got philadelphus virginal, coincidentally.) My parents have one and it's lovely and does indeed smell gorgeous. I don't think...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Ben James

What is this shrub?

Hi Ben, The most common one is called " Rose of Sharon ". I may be wrong but I think "St Johns Wort" only applies to the smaller ones derived from the wild ones.
    Hi Ben, The most common one is called " Rose of Sharon ". I may be wrong but I think "St Johns Wort" only applies to the smaller ones derived from the wild ones.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. JonDSimmonds

What is this hedge?

Looks a bit like Euonymus Emerald and Gold to me @JonDSimmonds
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Chrislisi1982

What is this disease or pest killing my plants?

I'm so glad that someone else has questioned the principle of spraying oil over plants! If it's copious/thick enough to suffocate the insects, I'd have said it's thick enough to block the stomata...
    I'm so glad that someone else has questioned the principle of spraying oil over plants! If it's copious/thick enough to suffocate the insects, I'd have said it's thick enough to block the stomata on the leaves, too. :scratch:
    I'm so glad that someone else has questioned the principle of spraying oil over plants! If it's copious/thick enough to suffocate the insects, I'd have said it's thick enough to block the stomata on the leaves, too. :scratch:
    I'm so glad that someone else has questioned the principle of spraying oil over plants! If it's copious/thick enough to suffocate the insects, I'd have said it's thick enough to block the stomata...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. MostlyVegsSouthCotswolds

What Is it Please...

Sow your seeds they are very easy to propogate and lovely plants, they germinate really easily..:thumbsup:
    Sow your seeds they are very easy to propogate and lovely plants, they germinate really easily..:thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. bexy13

What is growing in the garden today?

Hi allSo I would like some advice as to what I can plant in pots as I am going to have my garden landscaped and a proper greenhouse in too. I have a make shift greenhouse that my mum came up...
    Hi allSo I would like some advice as to what I can plant in pots as I am going to have my garden landscaped and a proper greenhouse in too. I have a make shift greenhouse that my mum came up with to germinate the seeds and I was also wondering how everyone else's plants are doing [emoji12]
    Hi allSo I would like some advice as to what I can plant in pots as I am going to have my garden landscaped and a proper greenhouse in too. I have a make shift greenhouse that my mum came up with to germinate the seeds and I was also wondering...
    Hi allSo I would like some advice as to what I can plant in pots as I am going to have my garden landscaped and a proper greenhouse in too. I have a make shift greenhouse that my mum came up...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Kavacca

What is growing here?

Its a neighbours field i use for walking in and was just wondering when it would be unwalkable :) Not long it seems!
    Its a neighbours field i use for walking in and was just wondering when it would be unwalkable :) Not long it seems!
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. PeterS
    Like x 11

What have you got in your winter quarters?

Nah...that's not nearly full :heehee:......when you can't tell one plant from the next because they're all jumbled together and you have to move some out to get to the back of the greenhouse, then its...
    Nah...that's not nearly full :heehee:......when you can't tell one plant from the next because they're all jumbled together and you have to move some out to get to the back of the greenhouse, then its full :heehee::lunapic 130165696578242 5: Seriously though looking good Strongy, some nice plants in there :dbgrtmb:
    Nah...that's not nearly full :heehee:......when you can't tell one plant from the next because they're all jumbled together and you have to move some out to get to the back of the greenhouse, then its full :heehee::lunapic 130165696578242 5: Seriously though looking good Strongy, some...
    Nah...that's not nearly full :heehee:......when you can't tell one plant from the next because they're all jumbled together and you have to move some out to get to the back of the greenhouse, then its...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Jess W

What has happened to this plant?

Watermelons are grafted onto squash (and gourds).Their leaves are different. What were the leaves like, Watermelon or Pumpkin?
    Watermelons are grafted onto squash (and gourds).Their leaves are different. What were the leaves like, Watermelon or Pumpkin?
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. BML

What flowers to plant next year for hot weather?

A lot of the herbs would fit the bill. Sage has lovely foliage, there are various leaf variations, and it has the bonus of wildlife-friendly flowers. Savoury is a good do-er, and will readily...
    A lot of the herbs would fit the bill. Sage has lovely foliage, there are various leaf variations, and it has the bonus of wildlife-friendly flowers. Savoury is a good do-er, and will readily give good ground coverage. I find on my poor dry, sandy soil, it establishes and thrives more...
    A lot of the herbs would fit the bill. Sage has lovely foliage, there are various leaf variations, and it has the bonus of wildlife-friendly flowers. Savoury is a good do-er, and will readily give good ground coverage. I find on my poor dry,...
    A lot of the herbs would fit the bill. Sage has lovely foliage, there are various leaf variations, and it has the bonus of wildlife-friendly flowers. Savoury is a good do-er, and will readily...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. lazy-gardener

what does your garden look like at the mo?

It'll be nice to see it like that in the summer, U2BG! :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. pete

What died on you this winter?

Since I mentioned that Cordyline Dazzler had no off shoots one appeared while we were away at the weekend!
    Since I mentioned that Cordyline Dazzler had no off shoots one appeared while we were away at the weekend!
    DSCN9818.JPG cha cha.JPG 20230604_081717.jpg cha cha.JPG cordy.JPG acacia 1.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. SimonZ

What colour(s) is DNA and related things like genes and plant cells?

I guess. If the pic is of something that is mostly gas, I assume it to be artificially coloured. Also, if it is very far away (i mean even by astronomical standards) then I again assume artificial...
    I guess. If the pic is of something that is mostly gas, I assume it to be artificially coloured. Also, if it is very far away (i mean even by astronomical standards) then I again assume artificial colour, on the basis that very ancient light will have stretched with the expanding universe to the...
    I guess. If the pic is of something that is mostly gas, I assume it to be artificially coloured. Also, if it is very far away (i mean even by astronomical standards) then I again assume artificial colour, on the basis that very ancient light will...
    I guess. If the pic is of something that is mostly gas, I assume it to be artificially coloured. Also, if it is very far away (i mean even by astronomical standards) then I again assume artificial...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. daz and debs

what climers

Thanx marley yea a wide choice lol.just been to lidle some bargains got some fruit trees do you know if all fruit trees can be grown up a fence?Also got a climbing rose [queen of england]�£1.99...
    Thanx marley yea a wide choice lol.just been to lidle some bargains got some fruit trees do you know if all fruit trees can be grown up a fence?Also got a climbing rose [queen of england]�£1.99 bargain thanx mate...daz
    Thanx marley yea a wide choice lol.just been to lidle some bargains got some fruit trees do you know if all fruit trees can be grown up a fence?Also got a climbing rose [queen of england]�£1.99 bargain thanx mate...daz
    Thanx marley yea a wide choice lol.just been to lidle some bargains got some fruit trees do you know if all fruit trees can be grown up a fence?Also got a climbing rose [queen of england]�£1.99...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. pjnoodles

what can i plant?

I agree Pete. I was trying to say that I, personally, am "happy with plants that look well in a natural setting etc" I don't insist that everyone else shares my view. I love daffs too,...
    I agree Pete. I was trying to say that I, personally, am "happy with plants that look well in a natural setting etc" I don't insist that everyone else shares my view. I love daffs too, but our "native" wild daffs are fast vanishing because people prefer to plant cultivated varieties. ...
    I agree Pete. I was trying to say that I, personally, am "happy with plants that look well in a natural setting etc" I don't insist that everyone else shares my view. I love daffs too, but our "native" wild daffs are fast vanishing...
    I agree Pete. I was trying to say that I, personally, am "happy with plants that look well in a natural setting etc" I don't insist that everyone else shares my view. I love daffs too,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. krafty

What can I plant ??

Thankyou everyone and especially Jimbo,popped out this morning and there are signs of life in the ferns...I will definately plant some astibe too as they are very pretty and will give a nice...
    Thankyou everyone and especially Jimbo,popped out this morning and there are signs of life in the ferns...I will definately plant some astibe too as they are very pretty and will give a nice contrast.By the way I bought some packets of Marigolds from Aldi's at 29p a packet and there were loads...
    Thankyou everyone and especially Jimbo,popped out this morning and there are signs of life in the ferns...I will definately plant some astibe too as they are very pretty and will give a nice contrast.By the way I bought some packets of Marigolds...
    Thankyou everyone and especially Jimbo,popped out this morning and there are signs of life in the ferns...I will definately plant some astibe too as they are very pretty and will give a nice...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Jack by the hedge

What can I plant ?

The site is a bit fussy - you have to click the GO button, rather than just using the enter key, or at least I do..... I've been told that AOL isn't as good as some other set-ups when it comes to...
    The site is a bit fussy - you have to click the GO button, rather than just using the enter key, or at least I do..... I've been told that AOL isn't as good as some other set-ups when it comes to their site...
    The site is a bit fussy - you have to click the GO button, rather than just using the enter key, or at least I do..... I've been told that AOL isn't as good as some other set-ups when it comes to their site...
    The site is a bit fussy - you have to click the GO button, rather than just using the enter key, or at least I do..... I've been told that AOL isn't as good as some other set-ups when it comes to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. katie123

What are these?

Thank you. We shall see them!! There are tons of them so hopefully something pretty :-)
    Thank you. We shall see them!! There are tons of them so hopefully something pretty :-)
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Verdun

What am I?

Blimey! Nobody got this yet after all this time??? Cirsium Frosted Magic.......of course :snorky:
    Blimey! Nobody got this yet after all this time??? Cirsium Frosted Magic.......of course :snorky:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. elainefiz

What a beauty!

Thanks Mel,but i`ve already chucked them in the freezer. :eek: :D
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice