1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: What are we doing in the garden 2024 On the Levels, Apr 18, 2024 at 12:21 PM
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Arthritis and garden tools pete, Jan 10, 2024
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Best supplier of compost 2024 gks, Apr 17, 2024 at 9:07 PM
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
    Latest: Annuals that slugs and snails dislike berarde, Apr 18, 2024 at 11:10 AM
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: My Little Haven Part 2 flounder, Apr 4, 2024
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Cuttings that root in water flounder, Mar 31, 2024
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Got new pullets noisette47, Jul 30, 2023
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. weedaway

Pesky Squirrels

The advantage of wire mesh is that it can be cut to size and buried just below the surface of the compost in pots and the bulbs will grow through the gaps.
    The advantage of wire mesh is that it can be cut to size and buried just below the surface of the compost in pots and the bulbs will grow through the gaps.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. JWK

North facing bed next to house recommendations

I have revamped my front garden and have 3 small beds beside the front door and steps. The beds are about 5 ft long by 2 ft wide. They are in full shade. I want fragrant plants for winter and...
    I have revamped my front garden and have 3 small beds beside the front door and steps. The beds are about 5 ft long by 2 ft wide. They are in full shade. I want fragrant plants for winter and spring scents and colour. I am thinking of a daphne which do well here in my back south facing garden,...
    I have revamped my front garden and have 3 small beds beside the front door and steps. The beds are about 5 ft long by 2 ft wide. They are in full shade. I want fragrant plants for winter and spring scents and colour. I am thinking of a daphne...
    I have revamped my front garden and have 3 small beds beside the front door and steps. The beds are about 5 ft long by 2 ft wide. They are in full shade. I want fragrant plants for winter and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Perki
    Like x 7

Harrogate Autumn show / Newby Hall

I don't know which variety it is put Harvington Pink seems to spring to mind .
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. youngalistai

Tibuchina problems

It looks healthy enough. They do like lots of water in the growing season, especially if in the sun.
    It looks healthy enough. They do like lots of water in the growing season, especially if in the sun.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Huw Wyn Jones

Civic style community garden

Thank you for the pictures, they do help. :)Hydrangeas as has already been suggested are a good idea and Lupins would work if you are prepared to dead head them. Sedum Spectabile (Ice Plant). The...
    Thank you for the pictures, they do help. :)Hydrangeas as has already been suggested are a good idea and Lupins would work if you are prepared to dead head them. Sedum Spectabile (Ice Plant). The smaller Hebe's. Potentilla 'Fruticosa'. Hardy perennial Fuschia's - possibly the smaller ones. And...
    Thank you for the pictures, they do help. :)Hydrangeas as has already been suggested are a good idea and Lupins would work if you are prepared to dead head them. Sedum Spectabile (Ice Plant). The smaller Hebe's. Potentilla 'Fruticosa'. Hardy...
    Thank you for the pictures, they do help. :)Hydrangeas as has already been suggested are a good idea and Lupins would work if you are prepared to dead head them. Sedum Spectabile (Ice Plant). The...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Spruce

Its a boundary dispute over a fence

I’ve seen this before and If it’s a fence owned by yourself then they should have asked first. I’ve seen all sorts of disputes. I’ve had customers complain of this and normally it can be resolved...
    I’ve seen this before and If it’s a fence owned by yourself then they should have asked first. I’ve seen all sorts of disputes. I’ve had customers complain of this and normally it can be resolved as and on one occasion to settle it the neighbours painted both sides. One I remember well was a...
    I’ve seen this before and If it’s a fence owned by yourself then they should have asked first. I’ve seen all sorts of disputes. I’ve had customers complain of this and normally it can be resolved as and on one occasion to settle it the neighbours...
    I’ve seen this before and If it’s a fence owned by yourself then they should have asked first. I’ve seen all sorts of disputes. I’ve had customers complain of this and normally it can be resolved...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. MangoH

Help please! Black Spot!

Hello @MangoH they don't look very big, is there any bugs underneath? If so rub them off with your fingers. I wouldn't spray because the leaves look delicate.
    Hello @MangoH they don't look very big, is there any bugs underneath? If so rub them off with your fingers. I wouldn't spray because the leaves look delicate.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. RDB85

Hayter Help after Cable has broken

I think you are getting confused the top handle is the dead man handle like it is with all mowers it need holding in when pulling the rope and holding in while using the lawnmower . Are you hold...
    I think you are getting confused the top handle is the dead man handle like it is with all mowers it need holding in when pulling the rope and holding in while using the lawnmower . Are you hold this lever in while trying to start it ?The cable with brass on is to adjust the tension on the...
    I think you are getting confused the top handle is the dead man handle like it is with all mowers it need holding in when pulling the rope and holding in while using the lawnmower . Are you hold this lever in while trying to start it ?The...
    I think you are getting confused the top handle is the dead man handle like it is with all mowers it need holding in when pulling the rope and holding in while using the lawnmower . Are you hold...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Mitch66

Winterising strawberry plants in pots

Think the greenhouse will be the best bet judging by replies on here, they were all new plants this year, although the harvest weren`t exceptional, I`m hoping they will do better next year now...
    Think the greenhouse will be the best bet judging by replies on here, they were all new plants this year, although the harvest weren`t exceptional, I`m hoping they will do better next year now they are established. I may drape some bubble wrap over them for good measure. Thanks for the reply
    Think the greenhouse will be the best bet judging by replies on here, they were all new plants this year, although the harvest weren`t exceptional, I`m hoping they will do better next year now they are established. I may drape some bubble wrap...
    Think the greenhouse will be the best bet judging by replies on here, they were all new plants this year, although the harvest weren`t exceptional, I`m hoping they will do better next year now...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Spruce

Wild bird food where shall I buy from ?

I always buy from Wilko, good selection.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Heathersrunoutofspace!!

Buddleia globosa problems?

After B. globosa flowers it does put on new growth, which has the next season's flowers buds, dormant and not visible, at the apex of the stems in the autumn. The species does tend to let some of...
    After B. globosa flowers it does put on new growth, which has the next season's flowers buds, dormant and not visible, at the apex of the stems in the autumn. The species does tend to let some of the new growth die, particularly at the base, to concentrate the energy into the upper branches. The...
    After B. globosa flowers it does put on new growth, which has the next season's flowers buds, dormant and not visible, at the apex of the stems in the autumn. The species does tend to let some of the new growth die, particularly at the base, to...
    After B. globosa flowers it does put on new growth, which has the next season's flowers buds, dormant and not visible, at the apex of the stems in the autumn. The species does tend to let some of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Ryan4661

Correct application for weed killer

With roundup pro as it’s meant for use by a trained individual or supervised you need to understand the makeup and the mixtures to suit the plant targeted. If you have hard water you may need to...
    With roundup pro as it’s meant for use by a trained individual or supervised you need to understand the makeup and the mixtures to suit the plant targeted. If you have hard water you may need to add an additive to insure it works best. The label will also explain how long the residue effect...
    With roundup pro as it’s meant for use by a trained individual or supervised you need to understand the makeup and the mixtures to suit the plant targeted. If you have hard water you may need to add an additive to insure it works best. The label...
    With roundup pro as it’s meant for use by a trained individual or supervised you need to understand the makeup and the mixtures to suit the plant targeted. If you have hard water you may need to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Thealandavies

Can anyone help this recover?

If the green leaves are still firmly attached then l think it has every chance of recovering , the most important thing is to check that the growing point in the top middle is still intact and...
    If the green leaves are still firmly attached then l think it has every chance of recovering , the most important thing is to check that the growing point in the top middle is still intact and firm . It would probably benefit from being re potted in the spring , going up a few inches pot size...
    If the green leaves are still firmly attached then l think it has every chance of recovering , the most important thing is to check that the growing point in the top middle is still intact and firm . It would probably benefit from being re potted...
    If the green leaves are still firmly attached then l think it has every chance of recovering , the most important thing is to check that the growing point in the top middle is still intact and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Spruce
    Informative x 5

Christmas bird decorations from China / far East

Because of not wearing a mask, i was told to sneeze into the elbow.I wasn't told it had to be my elbow!
    Because of not wearing a mask, i was told to sneeze into the elbow.I wasn't told it had to be my elbow!
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Logan

the wild gardener videos

That's great @redstar I've just ordered some wildflower seeds, corn chamomile and corn marigold 1 pack of each. Can use yellow rattle to put in grass to stop the grass from growing well.
    That's great @redstar I've just ordered some wildflower seeds, corn chamomile and corn marigold 1 pack of each. Can use yellow rattle to put in grass to stop the grass from growing well.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. JimmyB

Online seed merchants

I copy the name and search on google images only takes about 5 seconds if that . Can't be doing with RHS size guide it is to vague.
    I copy the name and search on google images only takes about 5 seconds if that . Can't be doing with RHS size guide it is to vague.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. youngalistai

Begonia luxurins

if the photo is in your google library can you not copy / paste to the desktop computer or add to album on your phone ? I then use the Upload file in blue bottom right of the screen.
    if the photo is in your google library can you not copy / paste to the desktop computer or add to album on your phone ? I then use the Upload file in blue bottom right of the screen.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Michael Hewett

Caladium

Thank you @strongylodon I shall put it to dry for the winter and start off again in a propagator in March. The tuber feels solid so it should be all right.
    Thank you @strongylodon I shall put it to dry for the winter and start off again in a propagator in March. The tuber feels solid so it should be all right.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Barders

When to prune Fatsia japonica's flowers?

Thank you @strongylodon I will definitely leave them until they drop, looking forward to seeing who enjoys them!
    Thank you @strongylodon I will definitely leave them until they drop, looking forward to seeing who enjoys them!
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Colstar

Plant ID please :)

I have that and I thought that it looked like a geum, I just pull it up I don't use any chemicals on my garden.
    I have that and I thought that it looked like a geum, I just pull it up I don't use any chemicals on my garden.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice