1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: What's looking good APRIL 2024 Papi Jo, Apr 25, 2024 at 10:11 PM
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Arthritis and garden tools pete, Jan 10, 2024
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Which soil improver? fairygirl, Apr 24, 2024 at 7:27 PM
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: My Little Haven Part 2 flounder, Apr 4, 2024
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
    Latest: Best tool for trimming edges of lawn amancalledgeorge, Apr 22, 2024 at 12:27 PM
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Cuttings that root in water flounder, Mar 31, 2024
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Oh Dear! Goldenlily26, Apr 25, 2024 at 8:39 AM
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. timecharger

Mixed beds

I would have thought it was more difficult to practise crop rotation in a mixed bed. i never bother mixing them. A lot of my flowers will grow better in conditions that don't suit vegetables. If...
    I would have thought it was more difficult to practise crop rotation in a mixed bed. i never bother mixing them. A lot of my flowers will grow better in conditions that don't suit vegetables. If anything i have mixed flowers in with the veg if I want them for cutting or for growing on to...
    I would have thought it was more difficult to practise crop rotation in a mixed bed. i never bother mixing them. A lot of my flowers will grow better in conditions that don't suit vegetables. If anything i have mixed flowers in with the veg if I...
    I would have thought it was more difficult to practise crop rotation in a mixed bed. i never bother mixing them. A lot of my flowers will grow better in conditions that don't suit vegetables. If...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Mark B

Root trainers

I was wondering about pluging the opening at the bottom, Thanks for the tip.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. elliegreenwellie

Pruning Holly Bush

Thanks Dendy, dunno what happened there but I've sorted my link out
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Time

lavender

Thank you.....
    Thank you.....
    Thank you.....
    Thank you.....
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Blondie

Sweetpeas?

I sowed sweetpeas in a patio pot around december. They are covered with a cloche and are doing well. They are about 4in high now.
    I sowed sweetpeas in a patio pot around december. They are covered with a cloche and are doing well. They are about 4in high now.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Banana Man

Acacia dealbata Pruning

I had to replant an A. dealbata that was totally (and I mean totally)uprooted before Christmas. It was about 20ft high and wide and had a girth of maybe 40-50cm. I thought 'fat chance of this...
    I had to replant an A. dealbata that was totally (and I mean totally)uprooted before Christmas. It was about 20ft high and wide and had a girth of maybe 40-50cm. I thought 'fat chance of this surviving'but my poor client was very upset so I had a go and cut it to about 30% of its previous crown...
    I had to replant an A. dealbata that was totally (and I mean totally)uprooted before Christmas. It was about 20ft high and wide and had a girth of maybe 40-50cm. I thought 'fat chance of this surviving'but my poor client was very upset so I had a...
    I had to replant an A. dealbata that was totally (and I mean totally)uprooted before Christmas. It was about 20ft high and wide and had a girth of maybe 40-50cm. I thought 'fat chance of this...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Bunslip

Pieris Advice Please

Pieris will do well in neutral to acid soil preferably in dappled shade ( ie a light wooded area ) If you are going to plant in a general border then make sure you incorporate plenty of sedge peat...
    Pieris will do well in neutral to acid soil preferably in dappled shade ( ie a light wooded area ) If you are going to plant in a general border then make sure you incorporate plenty of sedge peat or ericaceous compost into the soil. To do this you need to dig a hole 2 1/2 times the size of the...
    Pieris will do well in neutral to acid soil preferably in dappled shade ( ie a light wooded area ) If you are going to plant in a general border then make sure you incorporate plenty of sedge peat or ericaceous compost into the soil. To do this...
    Pieris will do well in neutral to acid soil preferably in dappled shade ( ie a light wooded area ) If you are going to plant in a general border then make sure you incorporate plenty of sedge peat...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. windy miller

How do I..........

I`m sorry but it looks more like Chard Flint to me. David.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Pauline Adams

Begonias

Thanks Pete!
    Thanks Pete!
    Thanks Pete!
    Thanks Pete!
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. use to be gardener

plugs or seed

I now prefer plugs. That way I can get the right number of plants for my overcrowded garden. Though my friends send me seeds from tropical places, and I thoroughly enjoy growing them.
    I now prefer plugs. That way I can get the right number of plants for my overcrowded garden. Though my friends send me seeds from tropical places, and I thoroughly enjoy growing them.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. redfifi1717

Gardening charges

Maintenance Gardening... �£15 per hour, customers mower and petrol :Drates of 3 hours for �£40 and �£10 per hour after that.Clearance Gardeing...Depends of size type of job but as a...
    Maintenance Gardening... �£15 per hour, customers mower and petrol :Drates of 3 hours for �£40 and �£10 per hour after that.Clearance Gardeing...Depends of size type of job but as a guide�£15-�£20 per hour no special deals.If you live in a comuter belt and you come...
    Maintenance Gardening... �£15 per hour, customers mower and petrol :Drates of 3 hours for �£40 and �£10 per hour after that.Clearance Gardeing...Depends of size type of job but as a guide�£15-�£20 per hour no special...
    Maintenance Gardening... �£15 per hour, customers mower and petrol :Drates of 3 hours for �£40 and �£10 per hour after that.Clearance Gardeing...Depends of size type of job but as a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. PLOTTY

MY WEEK : 6 UPDATE POSTED

Thanks dendrobium! Good info to bear in mind.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. PeterS

Salvias - tender perennials

Pete, thank you for your comments. I have been thinking about this and I believe that you have put your finger on it. All the Salvias I mentioned are half hardy. It is logical that the ones that...
    Pete, thank you for your comments. I have been thinking about this and I believe that you have put your finger on it. All the Salvias I mentioned are half hardy. It is logical that the ones that will grow to virtually full size and flower well in the first year are usually grown as annuals - it...
    Pete, thank you for your comments. I have been thinking about this and I believe that you have put your finger on it. All the Salvias I mentioned are half hardy. It is logical that the ones that will grow to virtually full size and flower well...
    Pete, thank you for your comments. I have been thinking about this and I believe that you have put your finger on it. All the Salvias I mentioned are half hardy. It is logical that the ones that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. AndyF

Garden Path Idea's

In our back garden, which has a long and narrow section, we've built out borders to make a curving shape, have put a pond near the bottom of the garden, with a wildlife area beyond, and have a...
    In our back garden, which has a long and narrow section, we've built out borders to make a curving shape, have put a pond near the bottom of the garden, with a wildlife area beyond, and have a stepping-stone path set in the grass to give access from the patio / monoblocked area to the cottage...
    In our back garden, which has a long and narrow section, we've built out borders to make a curving shape, have put a pond near the bottom of the garden, with a wildlife area beyond, and have a stepping-stone path set in the grass to give access...
    In our back garden, which has a long and narrow section, we've built out borders to make a curving shape, have put a pond near the bottom of the garden, with a wildlife area beyond, and have a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Waco

Hippeastrums/amaryllis

Charisma - I think, what a stunner!
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. milmar

Insulation for the winter

my new threepiece suite came wrapped in a wonderful bubblewrap with another layer of insulater I put it all around my greenhouse and it kept it very warm but in the worst of the frosts I lost...
    my new threepiece suite came wrapped in a wonderful bubblewrap with another layer of insulater I put it all around my greenhouse and it kept it very warm but in the worst of the frosts I lost three brugmansia cuttings
    my new threepiece suite came wrapped in a wonderful bubblewrap with another layer of insulater I put it all around my greenhouse and it kept it very warm but in the worst of the frosts I lost three brugmansia cuttings
    my new threepiece suite came wrapped in a wonderful bubblewrap with another layer of insulater I put it all around my greenhouse and it kept it very warm but in the worst of the frosts I lost...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. gillianm

THE KIDS NEED YOUR HELP!

The main thing is to improve the drainage, Gillian.Since it's a small area, you could probably do it yourself - get a normal border fork and use it do make holes the full depth of the fork, buy...
    The main thing is to improve the drainage, Gillian.Since it's a small area, you could probably do it yourself - get a normal border fork and use it do make holes the full depth of the fork, buy standing and pushing with your foot as if you were digging, wiggle it a bit, and move on, backwards,...
    The main thing is to improve the drainage, Gillian.Since it's a small area, you could probably do it yourself - get a normal border fork and use it do make holes the full depth of the fork, buy standing and pushing with your foot as if you were...
    The main thing is to improve the drainage, Gillian.Since it's a small area, you could probably do it yourself - get a normal border fork and use it do make holes the full depth of the fork, buy...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Scotkat

Lobelia germinated

Not really to do with the topic, but I had some trailing lobelia self-seeded at the end of the summer in a planter which have survived the winter(I covered the planter in fleece during the cold...
    Not really to do with the topic, but I had some trailing lobelia self-seeded at the end of the summer in a planter which have survived the winter(I covered the planter in fleece during the cold snap) and I'm wondering how early they will flower. Some plants which were in a hanging basket outside...
    Not really to do with the topic, but I had some trailing lobelia self-seeded at the end of the summer in a planter which have survived the winter(I covered the planter in fleece during the cold snap) and I'm wondering how early they will...
    Not really to do with the topic, but I had some trailing lobelia self-seeded at the end of the summer in a planter which have survived the winter(I covered the planter in fleece during the cold...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. jlottie

Aspirin

Most interesting jlottie. Its worth an try. There are people who dip their geranium (Pelargonium) cuttings in a solution of vitamin C for similar reasons. I have tried it myself, but its always...
    Most interesting jlottie. Its worth an try. There are people who dip their geranium (Pelargonium) cuttings in a solution of vitamin C for similar reasons. I have tried it myself, but its always difficult to prove these things unless you do a controlled experiment using an untreated group as...
    Most interesting jlottie. Its worth an try. There are people who dip their geranium (Pelargonium) cuttings in a solution of vitamin C for similar reasons. I have tried it myself, but its always difficult to prove these things unless you do a...
    Most interesting jlottie. Its worth an try. There are people who dip their geranium (Pelargonium) cuttings in a solution of vitamin C for similar reasons. I have tried it myself, but its always...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. littleorme

Looking for ....

Thank you so much..I will go and take a look...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice