1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: What are we doing in the garden 2024 Jenny_Aster, Apr 19, 2024 at 3:59 PM
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Arthritis and garden tools pete, Jan 10, 2024
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Best supplier of compost 2024 gks, Apr 17, 2024 at 9:07 PM
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
    Latest: Annuals that slugs and snails dislike berarde, Apr 18, 2024 at 11:10 AM
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: My Little Haven Part 2 flounder, Apr 4, 2024
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Cuttings that root in water flounder, Mar 31, 2024
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Got new pullets noisette47, Jul 30, 2023
Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1. BeeHappy

THE GC GARDENING BOOK CLUB

@Redwing :thankyou: for joining the GCBC and posting the above book's As you say the RSPB book sounds PERfick for me - some great reviews particularly like this one Review Adrian Thomas's highly attractive...
    @Redwing :thankyou: for joining the GCBC and posting the above book's As you say the RSPB book sounds PERfick for me - some great reviews particularly like this one Review Adrian Thomas's highly attractive book will inspire all those who pick it up to turn their gardens into wildlife sanctuaries....
    @Redwing :thankyou: for joining the GCBC and posting the above book's As you say the RSPB book sounds PERfick for me - some great reviews particularly like this one Review Adrian Thomas's highly attractive book will inspire all those who pick it up to...
    @Redwing :thankyou: for joining the GCBC and posting the above book's As you say the RSPB book sounds PERfick for me - some great reviews particularly like this one Review Adrian Thomas's highly attractive...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Fat Controller
    Like x 4

What will you grow again (including overwintering)

Never overwintered Nepata . But when you buy the plants in spring , they can be easily split to double your plants. Bacopa can flower through to late November . I have grown from seed , but now...
    Never overwintered Nepata . But when you buy the plants in spring , they can be easily split to double your plants. Bacopa can flower through to late November . I have grown from seed , but now prefer the larger flowered plug plants . Would be difficult to over winter without a heated...
    Never overwintered Nepata . But when you buy the plants in spring , they can be easily split to double your plants. Bacopa can flower through to late November . I have grown from seed , but now prefer the larger flowered plug plants . Would be...
    Never overwintered Nepata . But when you buy the plants in spring , they can be easily split to double your plants. Bacopa can flower through to late November . I have grown from seed , but now...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. NorthantsGeezer

Do you keep a diary?

Sneaky, informative, nosey, interesting, a good laugh, and a Damned cheek :) Oh, and sometimes hurtful to oneself :sad: I am hard though :)
    Sneaky, informative, nosey, interesting, a good laugh, and a Damned cheek :) Oh, and sometimes hurtful to oneself :sad: I am hard though :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Boveytracey

Rain water in the water butt

We only burn wood and this is the charcoal that we have used in the past.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. r2oo

Is it too late to plant bulbs?

Those are the babies!....Fingers crossed for a batch like those..
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. jazid

Winter Pots and Planters

Galettes des rois...... how I remember making them with a classful of year 7s.... (11-12 year-olds, that is!A lovely memory, of them all covered in flour, but enjoying themselves! :DA bit...
    Galettes des rois...... how I remember making them with a classful of year 7s.... (11-12 year-olds, that is!A lovely memory, of them all covered in flour, but enjoying themselves! :DA bit off thread, sorry.....
    Galettes des rois...... how I remember making them with a classful of year 7s.... (11-12 year-olds, that is!A lovely memory, of them all covered in flour, but enjoying themselves! :DA bit off thread, sorry.....
    Galettes des rois...... how I remember making them with a classful of year 7s.... (11-12 year-olds, that is!A lovely memory, of them all covered in flour, but enjoying themselves! :DA bit...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. weedaway

Garden Pest

It seems that I have to kill them or rehome them.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Kelc

Fence paint

Ah great ... good to hear. Despite the non Cuprinol advocates - lol - .... I've found it to be fine. Hope you do too
    Ah great ... good to hear. Despite the non Cuprinol advocates - lol - .... I've found it to be fine. Hope you do too
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. barrowvian

Garden privacy help / ideas

Just remembered an interesting thing that happened to me, about window watching. Years ago, like 35 years ago, I was renting this beautiful stone house in a town near me. The building next to...
    Just remembered an interesting thing that happened to me, about window watching. Years ago, like 35 years ago, I was renting this beautiful stone house in a town near me. The building next to me was a doctors and lawyers offices. Doctors downstairs and lawyers upstairs. One night, it was...
    Just remembered an interesting thing that happened to me, about window watching. Years ago, like 35 years ago, I was renting this beautiful stone house in a town near me. The building next to me was a doctors and lawyers offices. Doctors...
    Just remembered an interesting thing that happened to me, about window watching. Years ago, like 35 years ago, I was renting this beautiful stone house in a town near me. The building next to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Clydesdalestu
    Like x 5

Softening 'concrete' flagstones in a victorian coutryard garden

Hi, does that whole ‘use yoghurt to promote lichen / Moss / ageing’ thing actually work?
    Hi, does that whole ‘use yoghurt to promote lichen / Moss / ageing’ thing actually work?
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Jack Snakes

ID and advice...

I only got this one of mine up and running last year - every garden needs a pond, even if it is only a small one. It is the most relaxing place to be.
    I only got this one of mine up and running last year - every garden needs a pond, even if it is only a small one. It is the most relaxing place to be.
    WP_20170514_19_25_08_Pro_LI.jpg WP_20170514_19_24_51_Pro_LI.jpg WP_20170514_19_24_56_Pro_LI.jpg WP_20170514_19_25_18_Pro_LI.jpg WP_20170514_19_26_07_Pro_LI.jpg 004.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. JDweeler

P T wood or not!?

No significance, its just the Thumbs-Up emoticon available on this forum and happens to be blue ... although its been snowing here today, maybe the thumb will turn orange in a few days?!!
    No significance, its just the Thumbs-Up emoticon available on this forum and happens to be blue ... although its been snowing here today, maybe the thumb will turn orange in a few days?!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. compostee

March is a busy month

I wish i had gone for a gardening career, when i was younger. I often used to sit chatting to the park attendants but they never implied i could have a go at the job, and it never dawned on me...
    I wish i had gone for a gardening career, when i was younger. I often used to sit chatting to the park attendants but they never implied i could have a go at the job, and it never dawned on me then. I envy you your job, it must be really satisfying. But hey, I love my life now.
    I wish i had gone for a gardening career, when i was younger. I often used to sit chatting to the park attendants but they never implied i could have a go at the job, and it never dawned on me then. I envy you your job, it must be really...
    I wish i had gone for a gardening career, when i was younger. I often used to sit chatting to the park attendants but they never implied i could have a go at the job, and it never dawned on me...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Spruce

Issai Hardy Kiwi Plant

That is fantastic, On the Levels.But, 15+ years does seem to be an excessively long time to wait for fruit. Maybe I will try to speed up the process by grafting it next year.
    That is fantastic, On the Levels.But, 15+ years does seem to be an excessively long time to wait for fruit. Maybe I will try to speed up the process by grafting it next year.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Esoxlucius
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Upsydaisy
    Like x 5

Lazy Labellers Anonymous!

:roflol:.....a total mystery...they and only they know their true meaning @flounder . :dunno:
    :roflol:.....a total mystery...they and only they know their true meaning @flounder . :dunno:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. miraflores

waste water/ boiled water

As long as she hasn't reached her 13th birthday ... there is still hope!! :heehee: Negotiate ;)
    As long as she hasn't reached her 13th birthday ... there is still hope!! :heehee: Negotiate ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. intel

Red Lily Beetle Help

I use a Shotgun..........but it plays Hell with my Lilies:dunno::gaah:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. "M"

Remembering what is planted where: tips?

Some things I do in case helpful: I photograph the whole garden every couple of weeks. Anything in flower I take one shot to show where the plant is in relation to others, then a close-up to see...
    Some things I do in case helpful: I photograph the whole garden every couple of weeks. Anything in flower I take one shot to show where the plant is in relation to others, then a close-up to see what the flower is like etc. and then, lastly, a photo of the label (whilst it still exists!) so...
    Some things I do in case helpful: I photograph the whole garden every couple of weeks. Anything in flower I take one shot to show where the plant is in relation to others, then a close-up to see what the flower is like etc. and then, lastly, a...
    Some things I do in case helpful: I photograph the whole garden every couple of weeks. Anything in flower I take one shot to show where the plant is in relation to others, then a close-up to see...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Kayleigh

Last Frost?

Apparently mine's the first week of May... But I'm ready now...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice