1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: What's looking good APRIL 2024 DiggersJo, Apr 19, 2024 at 11:22 PM
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Arthritis and garden tools pete, Jan 10, 2024
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Best supplier of compost 2024 gks, Apr 17, 2024 at 9:07 PM
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
    Latest: Annuals that slugs and snails dislike BB3, Apr 19, 2024 at 8:17 PM
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: My Little Haven Part 2 flounder, Apr 4, 2024
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Cuttings that root in water flounder, Mar 31, 2024
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Got new pullets noisette47, Jul 30, 2023
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Gj1234

Privett Help!

It's fine, just got caught in some cold weather and will come back in spring
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. PhilC

Out if ideas for stopping cats pooing all over my garden! Help!

I didn't know about this thread or I would have looked for advice on it. Some people have asked me for advice but cats are very persistent animals & will often frequent the same place time after...
    I didn't know about this thread or I would have looked for advice on it. Some people have asked me for advice but cats are very persistent animals & will often frequent the same place time after time & it's difficult to know what to do with them. One thing I've suggested is prickly branches,...
    I didn't know about this thread or I would have looked for advice on it. Some people have asked me for advice but cats are very persistent animals & will often frequent the same place time after time & it's difficult to know what to do with them....
    I didn't know about this thread or I would have looked for advice on it. Some people have asked me for advice but cats are very persistent animals & will often frequent the same place time after...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. welshone

Potted New Zealand tree Fern - Winter in my Shed

I tied mine up and put them in greenhouse last year. Much better for the health of the crown imho. Used to cut them off (last ten years) after a frost but the crown neck narrows.This year might...
    I tied mine up and put them in greenhouse last year. Much better for the health of the crown imho. Used to cut them off (last ten years) after a frost but the crown neck narrows.This year might have to cut them again as theyve frozen already with 3 nights of frost so far.If the fronds are...
    I tied mine up and put them in greenhouse last year. Much better for the health of the crown imho. Used to cut them off (last ten years) after a frost but the crown neck narrows.This year might have to cut them again as theyve frozen already...
    I tied mine up and put them in greenhouse last year. Much better for the health of the crown imho. Used to cut them off (last ten years) after a frost but the crown neck narrows.This year might...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Madra

Galvanised Dustbin

Yes, exactly. Anyone who has a compost heap should know this. I stay well clear of meats, fats/oils, citrus fruits and vegetables of the onion family.My compost heap benefits me twice over. I...
    Yes, exactly. Anyone who has a compost heap should know this. I stay well clear of meats, fats/oils, citrus fruits and vegetables of the onion family.My compost heap benefits me twice over. I get worms for my tropical fish, and every spring I dig out the extremely rich well rotted down compost...
    Yes, exactly. Anyone who has a compost heap should know this. I stay well clear of meats, fats/oils, citrus fruits and vegetables of the onion family.My compost heap benefits me twice over. I get worms for my tropical fish, and every spring I...
    Yes, exactly. Anyone who has a compost heap should know this. I stay well clear of meats, fats/oils, citrus fruits and vegetables of the onion family.My compost heap benefits me twice over. I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Purple Streaks

Philip???? glengarry23

@Esoxlucius ,..now that is an eye opener,..i love big fish,..the Clown Loach really stand out with those colours of red black and yellow,..oh boy do they hide out at times,..ah yes the cost of...
    @Esoxlucius ,..now that is an eye opener,..i love big fish,..the Clown Loach really stand out with those colours of red black and yellow,..oh boy do they hide out at times,..ah yes the cost of light and filters not forgetting how fish food has increased in price of late,..yes a very impressive...
    @Esoxlucius ,..now that is an eye opener,..i love big fish,..the Clown Loach really stand out with those colours of red black and yellow,..oh boy do they hide out at times,..ah yes the cost of light and filters not forgetting how fish food has...
    @Esoxlucius ,..now that is an eye opener,..i love big fish,..the Clown Loach really stand out with those colours of red black and yellow,..oh boy do they hide out at times,..ah yes the cost of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Bear1

Apple seeds growing

Unless you are looking for a new variety there is no real point in growing apple trees from seed.You will probably end up with some nice trees, could be a few years before they flower, but they...
    Unless you are looking for a new variety there is no real point in growing apple trees from seed.You will probably end up with some nice trees, could be a few years before they flower, but they will be a new variety.
    Unless you are looking for a new variety there is no real point in growing apple trees from seed.You will probably end up with some nice trees, could be a few years before they flower, but they will be a new variety.
    Unless you are looking for a new variety there is no real point in growing apple trees from seed.You will probably end up with some nice trees, could be a few years before they flower, but they...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. infradig

NO-DIG DAY 2022

I did my beds last autumn with a thick layer of manure. Soread manure again during the summer. My first go at composting seems to be going okay. When I aerate it there is some heat.
    I did my beds last autumn with a thick layer of manure. Soread manure again during the summer. My first go at composting seems to be going okay. When I aerate it there is some heat.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. welshone

Canna seeds

It IS amusing, but unfortunate it warranted an explanation (I'm having a dumb day and missed that) :biggrin:
    It IS amusing, but unfortunate it warranted an explanation (I'm having a dumb day and missed that) :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Becky42

Cosmos late flowering

Theyre lovely
    Theyre lovely
    Theyre lovely
    Theyre lovely
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Stevebull

Root barrier membrane

Roots won't be an issue. By the time they're big enough to be an issue the shed will have collapsed! It's pleached trees going in so necessity means they will be clipped regularly which in turn...
    Roots won't be an issue. By the time they're big enough to be an issue the shed will have collapsed! It's pleached trees going in so necessity means they will be clipped regularly which in turn restricts root growth
    Roots won't be an issue. By the time they're big enough to be an issue the shed will have collapsed! It's pleached trees going in so necessity means they will be clipped regularly which in turn restricts root growth
    Roots won't be an issue. By the time they're big enough to be an issue the shed will have collapsed! It's pleached trees going in so necessity means they will be clipped regularly which in turn...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. David Sims

Sedum Roof

That's not a shed, that's Taj Mahal! :biggrin: Looks brilliant, and a Sedum roof would make it truly exceptional.What kind of budget did you have in mind? Blanket systems seem to come to about £3000-...
    That's not a shed, that's Taj Mahal! :biggrin: Looks brilliant, and a Sedum roof would make it truly exceptional.What kind of budget did you have in mind? Blanket systems seem to come to about £3000- £4000 at that size, but probably you will have room to negotiate with such a big purchase.EverMat™...
    That's not a shed, that's Taj Mahal! :biggrin: Looks brilliant, and a Sedum roof would make it truly exceptional.What kind of budget did you have in mind? Blanket systems seem to come to about £3000- £4000 at that size, but probably you will have room...
    That's not a shed, that's Taj Mahal! :biggrin: Looks brilliant, and a Sedum roof would make it truly exceptional.What kind of budget did you have in mind? Blanket systems seem to come to about £3000-...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Janet mahay

Acer

Hi the sun shrilled most of my plants and I thought the acer gone but after the rain we had its come back to.life much better than I thought. but I would like to take a cutting but I think at...
    Hi the sun shrilled most of my plants and I thought the acer gone but after the rain we had its come back to.life much better than I thought. but I would like to take a cutting but I think at the moment maybe its to soon its only a 14 months old also when I do take a cutting what the best way ...
    Hi the sun shrilled most of my plants and I thought the acer gone but after the rain we had its come back to.life much better than I thought. but I would like to take a cutting but I think at the moment maybe its to soon its only a 14 months...
    Hi the sun shrilled most of my plants and I thought the acer gone but after the rain we had its come back to.life much better than I thought. but I would like to take a cutting but I think at...
    IMG_20220929_170910.jpg IMG_20220929_170953.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Jocko
    Like x 9

A guitar man once again.

I'll second what Upsydaisy said Jocko. :thumbsup: I wish I could play guitar.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. groundbeetle

Are Drosera especially prone to vine weevils?

HiI have had vine weevil grubs in my venus flytraps and pitcher plants I only found out when I was repotting them all in the spring .. I was surprised to see them to be honest ... but re...
    HiI have had vine weevil grubs in my venus flytraps and pitcher plants I only found out when I was repotting them all in the spring .. I was surprised to see them to be honest ... but re potting, quickly solved the problem as I washed all the roots off .... and the old compost was...
    HiI have had vine weevil grubs in my venus flytraps and pitcher plants I only found out when I was repotting them all in the spring .. I was surprised to see them to be honest ... but re potting, quickly solved the problem as I washed all the...
    HiI have had vine weevil grubs in my venus flytraps and pitcher plants I only found out when I was repotting them all in the spring .. I was surprised to see them to be honest ... but re...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. groundbeetle

How invasive is Lysimachia "Aurea", Creeping Jenny.

In damp soil it can be a thug. I spent as much time pulling it out in our last garden as anything else (except Lysimachia Firecracker).
    In damp soil it can be a thug. I spent as much time pulling it out in our last garden as anything else (except Lysimachia Firecracker).
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Kabeziller

What Planting Would Work Here?

@Kabeziller Where are you in the country? Down here in Devon I have a similar area in my garden; cyclamen and violets are fine there. Iris foetidissima is evergreen with orange berries, Arum...
    @Kabeziller Where are you in the country? Down here in Devon I have a similar area in my garden; cyclamen and violets are fine there. Iris foetidissima is evergreen with orange berries, Arum maculatum and Arum italicum do well there as do a number of rubus species which may be evergreen,...
    @Kabeziller Where are you in the country? Down here in Devon I have a similar area in my garden; cyclamen and violets are fine there. Iris foetidissima is evergreen with orange berries, Arum maculatum and Arum italicum do well there as do a...
    @Kabeziller Where are you in the country? Down here in Devon I have a similar area in my garden; cyclamen and violets are fine there. Iris foetidissima is evergreen with orange berries, Arum...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. groundbeetle

How to store seeds?

The unopened seed packets will be fine, generally have a sow by date on them. Morning Gllory (Ipomea) seed keeps fairly well just dry in an envelope the nasturtium should be alright as well.
    The unopened seed packets will be fine, generally have a sow by date on them. Morning Gllory (Ipomea) seed keeps fairly well just dry in an envelope the nasturtium should be alright as well.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Billi

Cosmos not flowering?

Yes, I have no doubt, that my disaster is caused new fertile top soil in my newly built beds! I’m hoping, that after a winter of hopefully rain, it will have calmed down and I can have another go....
    Yes, I have no doubt, that my disaster is caused new fertile top soil in my newly built beds! I’m hoping, that after a winter of hopefully rain, it will have calmed down and I can have another go. I think I bought the same seeds this year as I alway do, but as I don’t keep the bags, I can’t be...
    Yes, I have no doubt, that my disaster is caused new fertile top soil in my newly built beds! I’m hoping, that after a winter of hopefully rain, it will have calmed down and I can have another go. I think I bought the same seeds this year as I...
    Yes, I have no doubt, that my disaster is caused new fertile top soil in my newly built beds! I’m hoping, that after a winter of hopefully rain, it will have calmed down and I can have another go....
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Suzie22

Ideas for screening neighbours satellite dish please!!!!

Willow is fast growing but not evergreen but you can get evergreen Eucalyptus that is fast growing. It needs a bit more care but is not difficult.How to grow eucalyptus / RHS Gardening
    Willow is fast growing but not evergreen but you can get evergreen Eucalyptus that is fast growing. It needs a bit more care but is not difficult.How to grow eucalyptus / RHS Gardening
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Glynne Williams

Dead clementis?

Agree! The point about the soil was one of the reasons I posted actually! Also of course the Tree-like nature of the thing! Must be said what I've seen all these years is this 'pride-and-joy'...
    Agree! The point about the soil was one of the reasons I posted actually! Also of course the Tree-like nature of the thing! Must be said what I've seen all these years is this 'pride-and-joy' clematis DOME every spring!! I had also encouraged it to spread to our Scots pine. Eventually I...
    Agree! The point about the soil was one of the reasons I posted actually! Also of course the Tree-like nature of the thing! Must be said what I've seen all these years is this 'pride-and-joy' clematis DOME every spring!! I had also encouraged it...
    Agree! The point about the soil was one of the reasons I posted actually! Also of course the Tree-like nature of the thing! Must be said what I've seen all these years is this 'pride-and-joy'...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice