1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. woodsidemale

yucca (indoor)plant

up date ,after the loss of only a few lower leaves the small yucca has now recovered.the large plant is in recovery mode ,with just a few central leaves a shade of yellow
    up date ,after the loss of only a few lower leaves the small yucca has now recovered.the large plant is in recovery mode ,with just a few central leaves a shade of yellow
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. vivienne

Yucca

Depends on what kind it is, some are hardy some are not. In general if it was bought as a house plant it wont be hardy exept in a very warm sheltered spot.
    Depends on what kind it is, some are hardy some are not. In general if it was bought as a house plant it wont be hardy exept in a very warm sheltered spot.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Waco

Yucca

Its doing OK pete so fingers crossed XXX
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. atajoman

yucca

I'm guessing, but it looks like yucca elephantipes .So you can cut it back to where ever you like it will regrow. You might want to reduce the amount of new shoots it makes though, so as to...
    I'm guessing, but it looks like yucca elephantipes .So you can cut it back to where ever you like it will regrow. You might want to reduce the amount of new shoots it makes though, so as to stop it turning into a large green mass.
    I'm guessing, but it looks like yucca elephantipes .So you can cut it back to where ever you like it will regrow. You might want to reduce the amount of new shoots it makes though, so as to stop it turning into a large green mass.
    I'm guessing, but it looks like yucca elephantipes .So you can cut it back to where ever you like it will regrow. You might want to reduce the amount of new shoots it makes though, so as to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Clare G

your tips for encouraging violas to keep flowering over the winter?

I do like Violas Clare, I bought a tray or two last spring for our caravan. They flowered very well all early summer. In late summer I noted a lot of growth in the limestone gravel under the...
    I do like Violas Clare, I bought a tray or two last spring for our caravan. They flowered very well all early summer. In late summer I noted a lot of growth in the limestone gravel under the planters.... they had self seeded in the hottest and driest summer for years !
    I do like Violas Clare, I bought a tray or two last spring for our caravan. They flowered very well all early summer. In late summer I noted a lot of growth in the limestone gravel under the planters.... they had self seeded in the hottest and...
    I do like Violas Clare, I bought a tray or two last spring for our caravan. They flowered very well all early summer. In late summer I noted a lot of growth in the limestone gravel under the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. ja6er

your thoughts: secateurs

ATTENTION: THESE SECATEURS ARE NOT ORIGINAL ROLCUT !!!!! These are cheap plagiarism of Taiwan and have nothing in common with the famous RolCut-quality as everybody will remember. RolCut had been...
    ATTENTION: THESE SECATEURS ARE NOT ORIGINAL ROLCUT !!!!! These are cheap plagiarism of Taiwan and have nothing in common with the famous RolCut-quality as everybody will remember. RolCut had been a brand in the UK, which had sold the secateurs of the manufacturer Original LÖWE from Germany...
    ATTENTION: THESE SECATEURS ARE NOT ORIGINAL ROLCUT !!!!! These are cheap plagiarism of Taiwan and have nothing in common with the famous RolCut-quality as everybody will remember. RolCut had been a brand in the UK, which had sold the secateurs...
    ATTENTION: THESE SECATEURS ARE NOT ORIGINAL ROLCUT !!!!! These are cheap plagiarism of Taiwan and have nothing in common with the famous RolCut-quality as everybody will remember. RolCut had been...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Doug Harding
    Informative x 5

Your thoughts ....

On thinking about it some more, I might actually have a bash at this idea.Every time I trim the hedge between me and next door, I have the same idea. Always I intend to one day get some of the...
    On thinking about it some more, I might actually have a bash at this idea.Every time I trim the hedge between me and next door, I have the same idea. Always I intend to one day get some of the broken paving slabs from out the back and make a path along in front of the freshly trimmed hedge. I...
    On thinking about it some more, I might actually have a bash at this idea.Every time I trim the hedge between me and next door, I have the same idea. Always I intend to one day get some of the broken paving slabs from out the back and make a...
    On thinking about it some more, I might actually have a bash at this idea.Every time I trim the hedge between me and next door, I have the same idea. Always I intend to one day get some of the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Kayleigh

Your Spring Bulbs .. Curious :)

You'll need to get them soon Joolz - they need winter cold to bloom.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. LowiePete

Your planting suggestions please...

well for inside the box i would only do flat cushionlike plants, like alpines. So the kind of what you've bought already. blue colour: lithodora diffusa (at least I think its diffusa and not...
    well for inside the box i would only do flat cushionlike plants, like alpines. So the kind of what you've bought already. blue colour: lithodora diffusa (at least I think its diffusa and not another one (blossoms april), also a nice blue one is veronica prostrata for purple colour: aubrieta, in...
    well for inside the box i would only do flat cushionlike plants, like alpines. So the kind of what you've bought already. blue colour: lithodora diffusa (at least I think its diffusa and not another one (blossoms april), also a nice blue one is...
    well for inside the box i would only do flat cushionlike plants, like alpines. So the kind of what you've bought already. blue colour: lithodora diffusa (at least I think its diffusa and not...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Irmemac
    Like x 3

Your Plant Username

Just looked up this plant ''lapsana communis'' and found this description.... It is a leafy plant, the uppermost leaves being narrow lanceolate, intermediate height leaves are wide laceolate, some...
    Just looked up this plant ''lapsana communis'' and found this description.... It is a leafy plant, the uppermost leaves being narrow lanceolate, intermediate height leaves are wide laceolate, some with blunt fowardly-directed teeth whilst the lowest leaves are nearly oval but tapering to a...
    Just looked up this plant ''lapsana communis'' and found this description.... It is a leafy plant, the uppermost leaves being narrow lanceolate, intermediate height leaves are wide laceolate, some with blunt fowardly-directed teeth whilst the...
    Just looked up this plant ''lapsana communis'' and found this description.... It is a leafy plant, the uppermost leaves being narrow lanceolate, intermediate height leaves are wide laceolate, some...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Aesculus

Your Plant of the Moment?

I've got one coming soon so I'll stake it up or put it near the wall lol
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. HarryS

Your Plant Fails 2015 ?

Mine is Nasturtium 'Phoenix'. Half of them weren't Phoenix-y at all, just normal nasturtium and, contrary to the photo, not a single one was red. Orange or yellow and that was it. Guiltily, I got...
    Mine is Nasturtium 'Phoenix'. Half of them weren't Phoenix-y at all, just normal nasturtium and, contrary to the photo, not a single one was red. Orange or yellow and that was it. Guiltily, I got rid of the lot because I don't want any orange or yellow in the garden (not cos I dislike them, just...
    Mine is Nasturtium 'Phoenix'. Half of them weren't Phoenix-y at all, just normal nasturtium and, contrary to the photo, not a single one was red. Orange or yellow and that was it. Guiltily, I got rid of the lot because I don't want any orange or...
    Mine is Nasturtium 'Phoenix'. Half of them weren't Phoenix-y at all, just normal nasturtium and, contrary to the photo, not a single one was red. Orange or yellow and that was it. Guiltily, I got...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Gay Gardener

Your new plant find of 2013

Thanks John, about what I was expecting, and I think a little short for what I need front-of-border.I did a batch of cuttings, earlier in the year, 50:50 compost/sharp sand, whereas normally I...
    Thanks John, about what I was expecting, and I think a little short for what I need front-of-border.I did a batch of cuttings, earlier in the year, 50:50 compost/sharp sand, whereas normally I use 50:50 Perlite, but I had run out of Perlite. A later batch was done with Perlite. The Perlite...
    Thanks John, about what I was expecting, and I think a little short for what I need front-of-border.I did a batch of cuttings, earlier in the year, 50:50 compost/sharp sand, whereas normally I use 50:50 Perlite, but I had run out of Perlite. ...
    Thanks John, about what I was expecting, and I think a little short for what I need front-of-border.I did a batch of cuttings, earlier in the year, 50:50 compost/sharp sand, whereas normally I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. The Pea Of Sweetness

Your help would be much appreciated...

Cheers Nixon, will do.I've just ordered a beautiful rose from the Pockcocks site you mentioned. Expensive for delivery though! still hopefully it will be worth it, looks very beautiful.Thanks...
    Cheers Nixon, will do.I've just ordered a beautiful rose from the Pockcocks site you mentioned. Expensive for delivery though! still hopefully it will be worth it, looks very beautiful.Thanks for that.
    Cheers Nixon, will do.I've just ordered a beautiful rose from the Pockcocks site you mentioned. Expensive for delivery though! still hopefully it will be worth it, looks very beautiful.Thanks for that.
    Cheers Nixon, will do.I've just ordered a beautiful rose from the Pockcocks site you mentioned. Expensive for delivery though! still hopefully it will be worth it, looks very beautiful.Thanks...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Flinty

Your gardens are all looking wonderful!

Just got back to the Deep South after a week in Edinburgh and a week in Lancashire.I know the weather this year has been a bit, er, "challenging" for us gardeners but every garden I peered...
    Just got back to the Deep South after a week in Edinburgh and a week in Lancashire.I know the weather this year has been a bit, er, "challenging" for us gardeners but every garden I peered into (and the countryside in general) was looking pretty damn good. And the herbacious border in the...
    Just got back to the Deep South after a week in Edinburgh and a week in Lancashire.I know the weather this year has been a bit, er, "challenging" for us gardeners but every garden I peered into (and the countryside in general) was looking...
    Just got back to the Deep South after a week in Edinburgh and a week in Lancashire.I know the weather this year has been a bit, er, "challenging" for us gardeners but every garden I peered...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. plantaholic

your favourite tv gardener??

Thanks for the info on Geoffrey Smith, Geoff.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Anthony Rogers

Your favourite plant of 2015.....

It'll be best to leave the two, usually if you try to delete one both will disappear. :doh::)
    It'll be best to leave the two, usually if you try to delete one both will disappear. :doh::)
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. manderson60

Your favourite hardy perenials

Definitely cosmos, and the chocolate ones are a joy. I also like daisy-flowered things like argyranthemums, echinacea, osteospurmums etc. and also astrantia,dahlias and, of course, you can't do...
    Definitely cosmos, and the chocolate ones are a joy. I also like daisy-flowered things like argyranthemums, echinacea, osteospurmums etc. and also astrantia,dahlias and, of course, you can't do without geraniums in one form or another.
    Definitely cosmos, and the chocolate ones are a joy. I also like daisy-flowered things like argyranthemums, echinacea, osteospurmums etc. and also astrantia,dahlias and, of course, you can't do without geraniums in one form or another.
    Definitely cosmos, and the chocolate ones are a joy. I also like daisy-flowered things like argyranthemums, echinacea, osteospurmums etc. and also astrantia,dahlias and, of course, you can't do...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Clare G
    Like x 5

Your favourite garden scent?

Has anyone mentioned nettle brew?;):lunapic 130165696578242 5:Never seen anything like that, it is quite impressive.:blue thumb:
    Has anyone mentioned nettle brew?;):lunapic 130165696578242 5:Never seen anything like that, it is quite impressive.:blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. longk
    Like x 3

Your best plants of 2017

@Perki These are nice plants you've added and very unusual :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice