1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. longk
    Like x 7

Your Best Plants Of 2014

Yes from seed @val, probably back in the mid to late 80s. Worth it because you get a small caudex form from very early on.They could have been much bigger by now but pot size has held them...
    Yes from seed @val, probably back in the mid to late 80s. Worth it because you get a small caudex form from very early on.They could have been much bigger by now but pot size has held them back. If I go any bigger pot wise I wont be able to lift them in and out the greenhouse.Lesser plants...
    Yes from seed @val, probably back in the mid to late 80s. Worth it because you get a small caudex form from very early on.They could have been much bigger by now but pot size has held them back. If I go any bigger pot wise I wont be able to...
    Yes from seed @val, probably back in the mid to late 80s. Worth it because you get a small caudex form from very early on.They could have been much bigger by now but pot size has held them...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. sheppy

Youngest beginner?

He is a little sweetie, isn't he! aaarrgh bless his little cottons.Get 'em started at a young age ey..hee hee
    He is a little sweetie, isn't he! aaarrgh bless his little cottons.Get 'em started at a young age ey..hee hee
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. TurnedThespian

Young, slug-prone perennials question

I splashed out on Nemaslug last year, and treated the veg patch. So far this year my veg are fairly slug free, although lots of snails around, whereas the flower border has lots of slugs as well...
    I splashed out on Nemaslug last year, and treated the veg patch. So far this year my veg are fairly slug free, although lots of snails around, whereas the flower border has lots of slugs as well as snails.
    I splashed out on Nemaslug last year, and treated the veg patch. So far this year my veg are fairly slug free, although lots of snails around, whereas the flower border has lots of slugs as well as snails.
    I splashed out on Nemaslug last year, and treated the veg patch. So far this year my veg are fairly slug free, although lots of snails around, whereas the flower border has lots of slugs as well...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. jezzwhizz

Young Tayberry ~ leaves turning dull green and purple

I bought a Tayberry 'Buckingham' last October. I noticed the leaves started to turn dull dark green, and now they are turning purple, especially on the leaf edges. Any ideas? Is this because of...
    I bought a Tayberry 'Buckingham' last October. I noticed the leaves started to turn dull dark green, and now they are turning purple, especially on the leaf edges. Any ideas? Is this because of the frosts and damp soil, or is it a soil deficiency, or fertilizer problem? When I planted it I also...
    I bought a Tayberry 'Buckingham' last October. I noticed the leaves started to turn dull dark green, and now they are turning purple, especially on the leaf edges. Any ideas? Is this because of the frosts and damp soil, or is it a soil...
    I bought a Tayberry 'Buckingham' last October. I noticed the leaves started to turn dull dark green, and now they are turning purple, especially on the leaf edges. Any ideas? Is this because of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. lazydog

Young gardener of the year

He was indeed a little star. I'm sure once he's got a bit more knowledge under his belt, he'll be fab :thumbsup:
    He was indeed a little star. I'm sure once he's got a bit more knowledge under his belt, he'll be fab :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. whis4ey

Young gardener of the year

If it encourages a few more young gardeners I'm all for it :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. YE2K11

Young enterprise group

Marigolds are a nice safe bet as well.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Kirst

Young Beech Hedge

OK, I have now checked :)Hornbeam is Betulaceae and Beech is FagaceaeSo not even cousins!
    OK, I have now checked :)Hornbeam is Betulaceae and Beech is FagaceaeSo not even cousins!
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. capney

Young Anemones

Hi Julie I really have no idea what sort they are. I think they were part of a bargain package available from the Garderners world mag last year. What I do have is some pictures of them from last...
    Hi Julie I really have no idea what sort they are. I think they were part of a bargain package available from the Garderners world mag last year. What I do have is some pictures of them from last summer.
    Hi Julie I really have no idea what sort they are. I think they were part of a bargain package available from the Garderners world mag last year. What I do have is some pictures of them from last summer.
    Hi Julie I really have no idea what sort they are. I think they were part of a bargain package available from the Garderners world mag last year. What I do have is some pictures of them from last...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Bilbo675
    Like x 6

You've got to laugh

Well I picked some strawberries this morning and put them in an plastic punnet and popped them in the fridge; tonight one of my step-daughters had some after her tea with cream, I let her eat them...
    Well I picked some strawberries this morning and put them in an plastic punnet and popped them in the fridge; tonight one of my step-daughters had some after her tea with cream, I let her eat them and then said "enjoy them did you?", "yes" she replied, "really nice, where did you get them...
    Well I picked some strawberries this morning and put them in an plastic punnet and popped them in the fridge; tonight one of my step-daughters had some after her tea with cream, I let her eat them and then said "enjoy them did you?", "yes" she...
    Well I picked some strawberries this morning and put them in an plastic punnet and popped them in the fridge; tonight one of my step-daughters had some after her tea with cream, I let her eat them...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. ARMANDII

YOU'LL NEED TO READ THIS!!

Signed, Its the European elections in May, if 1 of the mildless idiots coming knocking on your door ask them about this, and watch there face go blank and waffle on like all politicians do.In a...
    Signed, Its the European elections in May, if 1 of the mildless idiots coming knocking on your door ask them about this, and watch there face go blank and waffle on like all politicians do.In a bit instead of customs checking for cigs and booze, they'll be checking if you've got any seeds.
    Signed, Its the European elections in May, if 1 of the mildless idiots coming knocking on your door ask them about this, and watch there face go blank and waffle on like all politicians do.In a bit instead of customs checking for cigs and...
    Signed, Its the European elections in May, if 1 of the mildless idiots coming knocking on your door ask them about this, and watch there face go blank and waffle on like all politicians do.In a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. silu
    Informative x 3

You'll get a big fat kiss on both cheeks if you can answer this question!

Shucks, I feel honoured to be blown a few xxxx's. It's been a while....Borrow a couple of pigs from the farmer. They'll do the weeding for you :snorky:
    Shucks, I feel honoured to be blown a few xxxx's. It's been a while....Borrow a couple of pigs from the farmer. They'll do the weeding for you :snorky:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. PeterS

You won't know what's this growing

I have just put up the answers. Thanks to everyone who took part and to all who just looked. Do have a Google, if you don't know them. And congratulations on getting so many right answers - some...
    I have just put up the answers. Thanks to everyone who took part and to all who just looked. Do have a Google, if you don't know them. And congratulations on getting so many right answers - some of these plants are fairly unusual..I have grown all of these from seed - you don't have to just...
    I have just put up the answers. Thanks to everyone who took part and to all who just looked. Do have a Google, if you don't know them. And congratulations on getting so many right answers - some of these plants are fairly unusual..I have...
    I have just put up the answers. Thanks to everyone who took part and to all who just looked. Do have a Google, if you don't know them. And congratulations on getting so many right answers - some...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. **Yvonne**
    Like x 7

You will probably think i'm daft but..

Hope you cleaned em out properly or you could die of death :yikes:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. merleworld
    Informative x 4

You learn something new every day

Here's a pic of Baden Baden:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. al n
    Like x 7

you know you've been appreciated......

Silly me, yes I should have guessed!!! :biggrin:Val
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. ellengray

You know you're lost to your garden when ...

Mine too have always been and are in shade - not a problem they just need moisture and heat from the decomposition to be kept up. My Henry Doubleday wooden bin even had its own duvet when...
    Mine too have always been and are in shade - not a problem they just need moisture and heat from the decomposition to be kept up. My Henry Doubleday wooden bin even had its own duvet when delivered :D
    Mine too have always been and are in shade - not a problem they just need moisture and heat from the decomposition to be kept up. My Henry Doubleday wooden bin even had its own duvet when delivered :D
    Mine too have always been and are in shade - not a problem they just need moisture and heat from the decomposition to be kept up. My Henry Doubleday wooden bin even had its own duvet when...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. lazy-gardener

you know spring is here when........

Thanks for the tip about aconitums lazy gardener - I will sort out some slug defences round them. My mum grows them and they are gorgeous - but I have a weakness for blue flowers. Hope yours...
    Thanks for the tip about aconitums lazy gardener - I will sort out some slug defences round them. My mum grows them and they are gorgeous - but I have a weakness for blue flowers. Hope yours reappear soon!
    Thanks for the tip about aconitums lazy gardener - I will sort out some slug defences round them. My mum grows them and they are gorgeous - but I have a weakness for blue flowers. Hope yours reappear soon!
    Thanks for the tip about aconitums lazy gardener - I will sort out some slug defences round them. My mum grows them and they are gorgeous - but I have a weakness for blue flowers. Hope yours...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Madahhlia

You know it's really summer when....

I'm seriously thinking about taking off my overcoat, probably keep me woolly cardy on though, I still have standards.
    I'm seriously thinking about taking off my overcoat, probably keep me woolly cardy on though, I still have standards.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. redstar
    Like x 8

You have mail

Due to the impatients scare. I went with Petunians this year in hopes there was just enough sun to keep them happy. This is at the road side so at least the openness of the road does not block...
    Due to the impatients scare. I went with Petunians this year in hopes there was just enough sun to keep them happy. This is at the road side so at least the openness of the road does not block sun. But I do try to turn them often. When I put them in on May 21, they were just babies, with no...
    Due to the impatients scare. I went with Petunians this year in hopes there was just enough sun to keep them happy. This is at the road side so at least the openness of the road does not block sun. But I do try to turn them often. When I put...
    Due to the impatients scare. I went with Petunians this year in hopes there was just enough sun to keep them happy. This is at the road side so at least the openness of the road does not block...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice