1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. LindsayH

Best way to demolish a shed?

WRT to your electric saw. Make sure you don't let it try to cut where there are any nails / screws. Personally I would never use a chain saw on a shed for the very reason that nails etc. are hard...
    WRT to your electric saw. Make sure you don't let it try to cut where there are any nails / screws. Personally I would never use a chain saw on a shed for the very reason that nails etc. are hard to spot, and they have a dramatic effect on the blade :( and can make the saw kick - with...
    WRT to your electric saw. Make sure you don't let it try to cut where there are any nails / screws. Personally I would never use a chain saw on a shed for the very reason that nails etc. are hard to spot, and they have a dramatic effect on the...
    WRT to your electric saw. Make sure you don't let it try to cut where there are any nails / screws. Personally I would never use a chain saw on a shed for the very reason that nails etc. are hard...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. TeaTree

How to take a cutting from an acer?

Too true, BM!
    Too true, BM!
    Too true, BM!
    Too true, BM!
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. diesel2000
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. wiseowl

Woos Project

That looks a good, healthy, green meadow Wiseowl. I hope it performs well for you next year. :)
    That looks a good, healthy, green meadow Wiseowl. I hope it performs well for you next year. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Jungle Jane

Problems with border next to my privet hedge

:thumb: I have a south facing privet hedged border - I agree with all the replies too - you can have a lovely border eventually. Do not give up yet! However every year I have to put barrowloads of...
    :thumb: I have a south facing privet hedged border - I agree with all the replies too - you can have a lovely border eventually. Do not give up yet! However every year I have to put barrowloads of compost on there as the hedge does leech out all the goodness. Mine is a herbaceous border, and I...
    :thumb: I have a south facing privet hedged border - I agree with all the replies too - you can have a lovely border eventually. Do not give up yet! However every year I have to put barrowloads of compost on there as the hedge does leech out all...
    :thumb: I have a south facing privet hedged border - I agree with all the replies too - you can have a lovely border eventually. Do not give up yet! However every year I have to put barrowloads of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. shiney
    Like x 3

Show Us Your Recent Purchases 2019

My 3 kg of Winston seed potatoes arrived from Suttons yesterday, very well packed and I shall use them again.
    My 3 kg of Winston seed potatoes arrived from Suttons yesterday, very well packed and I shall use them again.
    ostokset.JPG 20190113_113423.jpg DSC_0919.jpg DSC_0920.jpg 070A75CC-7E4F-4034-BAE1-543B0B507FAE.jpeg 20190121_153822.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Dave_In_His_Garden

Moving Hellebores

I had forgotten to add in my post this morning that the grower of C. graecum in the US gardens in Michigan.Palustris, I don't know if you have got the wrong end of the stick here... nobody, or...
    I had forgotten to add in my post this morning that the grower of C. graecum in the US gardens in Michigan.Palustris, I don't know if you have got the wrong end of the stick here... nobody, or at least not me, is having a go at what you've said. All we can do on a site like this is post our...
    I had forgotten to add in my post this morning that the grower of C. graecum in the US gardens in Michigan.Palustris, I don't know if you have got the wrong end of the stick here... nobody, or at least not me, is having a go at what you've...
    I had forgotten to add in my post this morning that the grower of C. graecum in the US gardens in Michigan.Palustris, I don't know if you have got the wrong end of the stick here... nobody, or...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. shiney
    Like x 9

Propagating Hardy Geraniums - Easy Peasy!

Shady shouldn't be a problem. Too much sun and heat can be a problem.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. SimonZ

Cutting back Lupins to encourage "second flush"

I cut just the flowers off as they finish flowering as Peter says and they keep re-flowering. The last ones finished in October, I still haven't cut them back properly and there is new growth...
    I cut just the flowers off as they finish flowering as Peter says and they keep re-flowering. The last ones finished in October, I still haven't cut them back properly and there is new growth already appearing at the base.
    I cut just the flowers off as they finish flowering as Peter says and they keep re-flowering. The last ones finished in October, I still haven't cut them back properly and there is new growth already appearing at the base.
    I cut just the flowers off as they finish flowering as Peter says and they keep re-flowering. The last ones finished in October, I still haven't cut them back properly and there is new growth...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. wiseowl

WHAT JOBS ARE WE DOING IN THE GARDEN TODAY - 2017

A lot of my neighbours rarely bother with compost heaps :noidea: and take their green waste down to the dump - a 14 mile round trip! Not very environmentally friendly. :nonofinger:We have four compost heap like...
    A lot of my neighbours rarely bother with compost heaps :noidea: and take their green waste down to the dump - a 14 mile round trip! Not very environmentally friendly. :nonofinger:We have four compost heap like thisHave a bonfire like this about once a month - the ash gets put into the compost and spread...
    A lot of my neighbours rarely bother with compost heaps :noidea: and take their green waste down to the dump - a 14 mile round trip! Not very environmentally friendly. :nonofinger:We have four compost heap like thisHave a bonfire like this about once a...
    A lot of my neighbours rarely bother with compost heaps :noidea: and take their green waste down to the dump - a 14 mile round trip! Not very environmentally friendly. :nonofinger:We have four compost heap like...
    03.jpg our-rebirth1.png IMAG2399.jpg IMAG2400.jpg IMAG2402.jpg -bee-signs-ideas-save-the-bees-posters.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. mattf869

Removal of Large Conifer Stump

or a statue? I had a large stump something similar. I cut the top level and set a metal lantern on top. It looked fine :)
    or a statue? I had a large stump something similar. I cut the top level and set a metal lantern on top. It looked fine :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Bilbo675

Best Way to Sell Plants???

Not sure but i think i may have purchased seeds from you on Ebay :). Im playing with the idea of listing some of my seeds (taken from my plants). Im also taking cuttings and growing on excess...
    Not sure but i think i may have purchased seeds from you on Ebay :). Im playing with the idea of listing some of my seeds (taken from my plants). Im also taking cuttings and growing on excess plants when i tried to sell plants before on Ebay they didnt sell. Luckly for me my aunt runs a florest...
    Not sure but i think i may have purchased seeds from you on Ebay :). Im playing with the idea of listing some of my seeds (taken from my plants). Im also taking cuttings and growing on excess plants when i tried to sell plants before on Ebay they...
    Not sure but i think i may have purchased seeds from you on Ebay :). Im playing with the idea of listing some of my seeds (taken from my plants). Im also taking cuttings and growing on excess...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. elliegreenwellie

What's eating my clematis?

Geoff, the link hasn't come through, thankfully as I wouldn't like to see that! I will stop using pellets now - the ones I have don't seem to make any difference anyway. I will just keep removing...
    Geoff, the link hasn't come through, thankfully as I wouldn't like to see that! I will stop using pellets now - the ones I have don't seem to make any difference anyway. I will just keep removing them from plants/walls etc, perhaps I'll build up the courage to squash them!
    Geoff, the link hasn't come through, thankfully as I wouldn't like to see that! I will stop using pellets now - the ones I have don't seem to make any difference anyway. I will just keep removing them from plants/walls etc, perhaps I'll build up...
    Geoff, the link hasn't come through, thankfully as I wouldn't like to see that! I will stop using pellets now - the ones I have don't seem to make any difference anyway. I will just keep removing...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Radiation91
    Like x 13

My first garden!

Ok then, I'll settle for 29 :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. TheBatman

can not believe this!! - Horsetail, help!!

Something like this :)
    DSC00265.JPG DSC00262.JPG DSC00435.JPG DSC00023.JPG DSC00526.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. kira

rotavating clay soil

wow, thanks for all the replies and advice. I've got a much better idea of what needs doing now. I also know where to come with any more questions! thanks everyone. x
    wow, thanks for all the replies and advice. I've got a much better idea of what needs doing now. I also know where to come with any more questions! thanks everyone. x
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. steve_f

Another waterlogged garden topic

I know some areas are deeper than other and I'm taking averages, but those amounts would mean approx. 75mm of sand/shingle with only 75mm of topsoil over and I wonder what a lawn planted/sown on...
    I know some areas are deeper than other and I'm taking averages, but those amounts would mean approx. 75mm of sand/shingle with only 75mm of topsoil over and I wonder what a lawn planted/sown on top of that would look like in a hot, dry summer - we often get those in case anybody's forgotten...
    I know some areas are deeper than other and I'm taking averages, but those amounts would mean approx. 75mm of sand/shingle with only 75mm of topsoil over and I wonder what a lawn planted/sown on top of that would look like in a hot, dry summer -...
    I know some areas are deeper than other and I'm taking averages, but those amounts would mean approx. 75mm of sand/shingle with only 75mm of topsoil over and I wonder what a lawn planted/sown on...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. elliegreenwellie

Can I put bark chippings over bulbs and perenials?

Sounds good - As it happens I will be fencing off said bed anyway - final straw this morning, the dog (or Anti-Christ as I am calling him today) has just destroyed a Magnolia tree I planted there...
    Sounds good - As it happens I will be fencing off said bed anyway - final straw this morning, the dog (or Anti-Christ as I am calling him today) has just destroyed a Magnolia tree I planted there last spring, there is now just one sorry branch left :(He had only been out there 5 minutes!...
    Sounds good - As it happens I will be fencing off said bed anyway - final straw this morning, the dog (or Anti-Christ as I am calling him today) has just destroyed a Magnolia tree I planted there last spring, there is now just one sorry branch...
    Sounds good - As it happens I will be fencing off said bed anyway - final straw this morning, the dog (or Anti-Christ as I am calling him today) has just destroyed a Magnolia tree I planted there...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. kizzie

Burning garden waste

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D They've now got my bonfires listed as known phenomena. :heehee:
    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D They've now got my bonfires listed as known phenomena. :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Fat Controller

Fuchsias - 2016

Not hardy.. can't remember what it's called. Kept in a porch, have been watering very little and it's not too warm in there, max about 12c. What's happening? It has hardly any leaves but lots of...
    Not hardy.. can't remember what it's called. Kept in a porch, have been watering very little and it's not too warm in there, max about 12c. What's happening? It has hardly any leaves but lots of flower buds?!This is the other one I'm over wintering. Lots of leaves no buds.. which is what I...
    Not hardy.. can't remember what it's called. Kept in a porch, have been watering very little and it's not too warm in there, max about 12c. What's happening? It has hardly any leaves but lots of flower buds?!This is the other one I'm over...
    Not hardy.. can't remember what it's called. Kept in a porch, have been watering very little and it's not too warm in there, max about 12c. What's happening? It has hardly any leaves but lots of...
    image.jpeg image.jpeg 3131_45.jpg IMG_20160105_065255.jpg fuschia.JPG upload_2016-2-28_21-31-33.png
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice