General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. eddybaby

Winter Beauty not so lovely!!!

Hi clematis can take a while one of mine took at 2/3 years then all of sudden it grew fast i planted another year and half ago its still small but its green it will shoot up.like the other...
    Hi clematis can take a while one of mine took at 2/3 years then all of sudden it grew fast i planted another year and half ago its still small but its green it will shoot up.like the other soon but really clematis is better grown in the ground than a container
    Hi clematis can take a while one of mine took at 2/3 years then all of sudden it grew fast i planted another year and half ago its still small but its green it will shoot up.like the other soon but really clematis is better grown in the...
    Hi clematis can take a while one of mine took at 2/3 years then all of sudden it grew fast i planted another year and half ago its still small but its green it will shoot up.like the other...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Balc
    Like x 7

Plants are Amazing!

This thread was supposed to be about the amazing powers of plants to overcome conditions where we wouldn't expect them to grow - not about the planters!In general here in Huntingdon the...
    This thread was supposed to be about the amazing powers of plants to overcome conditions where we wouldn't expect them to grow - not about the planters!In general here in Huntingdon the councils, (Town & District), are both very good at looking after their plantings. A few have become somewhat...
    This thread was supposed to be about the amazing powers of plants to overcome conditions where we wouldn't expect them to grow - not about the planters!In general here in Huntingdon the councils, (Town & District), are both very good at looking...
    This thread was supposed to be about the amazing powers of plants to overcome conditions where we wouldn't expect them to grow - not about the planters!In general here in Huntingdon the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. xxxDawnxxx

Photina red Robin help pleaseā€¦..

Thank you so much all of you for your insight and your time to respond to me. Hopefully going into next spring it will be okay:thankyou:
    Thank you so much all of you for your insight and your time to respond to me. Hopefully going into next spring it will be okay:thankyou:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. TheMadHedger

Azalea (Encore variety) - some questions

Thanks. I'd not thought of Camelias, that's a good idea.My main requirements are:Large and bushy - will grow to at least 4 feet tall, 6 feet max (but can be trimmed of course) Plenty of...
    Thanks. I'd not thought of Camelias, that's a good idea.My main requirements are:Large and bushy - will grow to at least 4 feet tall, 6 feet max (but can be trimmed of course) Plenty of flowers, the longer and more often they flower the better Would be nice for evergreen plants but not...
    Thanks. I'd not thought of Camelias, that's a good idea.My main requirements are:Large and bushy - will grow to at least 4 feet tall, 6 feet max (but can be trimmed of course) Plenty of flowers, the longer and more often they flower the...
    Thanks. I'd not thought of Camelias, that's a good idea.My main requirements are:Large and bushy - will grow to at least 4 feet tall, 6 feet max (but can be trimmed of course) Plenty of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Victoria
    Like x 9

What's Looking Good in December 2023

For the end of the year I dont have much, just the Mahonia "charity".The pineapple didn't make it in time for Christmas, but its still coming along.
    For the end of the year I dont have much, just the Mahonia "charity".The pineapple didn't make it in time for Christmas, but its still coming along.
    Iochroma 1 Dec 23.jpg Cycad 1 Dec 23.jpg Thevetia 1 Dec 23.jpg KKK 1 Dec 23.jpg 'Bird of Paradise' in kitchen window (1st flower) 1st December 2023 (Macro) 005.jpg 'Bird of Paradise' in kitchen window (1st flower) 1st December 2023 004.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. trogre

Rootit Heat MatThermostat

(Blinks rapidly, with a blank expression on my face:noidea:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. TheMadHedger

Rootgrow Mycorrhizal Fungi - a question

Your adding nutrients through your own made compost and manure, so no real need to add much fertiliser if any at all. When your planting a new hedge or plants in the garden it is advised to well...
    Your adding nutrients through your own made compost and manure, so no real need to add much fertiliser if any at all. When your planting a new hedge or plants in the garden it is advised to well water them in and give them a feed and many gardeners continue to feed their plants. When doing this...
    Your adding nutrients through your own made compost and manure, so no real need to add much fertiliser if any at all. When your planting a new hedge or plants in the garden it is advised to well water them in and give them a feed and many...
    Your adding nutrients through your own made compost and manure, so no real need to add much fertiliser if any at all. When your planting a new hedge or plants in the garden it is advised to well...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. TheMadHedger

Need some advice on what bushes to buy

I recommend Farmyard plants @TheMadHedger - they grow a massive range of interesting plants.
    I recommend Farmyard plants @TheMadHedger - they grow a massive range of interesting plants.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Jonathan Black

raise wheelbarrow to go over low wooden barriers

As advised on the Screwfix Forum
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Michael Hewett

Sweet pea seedlings

Most plants that try to grow under glass in winter end up leggy in my experience. The advantage of a cold frame is total ventilation when ever the temperature is above freezing. Less problems...
    Most plants that try to grow under glass in winter end up leggy in my experience. The advantage of a cold frame is total ventilation when ever the temperature is above freezing. Less problems with fungus as well.
    Most plants that try to grow under glass in winter end up leggy in my experience. The advantage of a cold frame is total ventilation when ever the temperature is above freezing. Less problems with fungus as well.
    Most plants that try to grow under glass in winter end up leggy in my experience. The advantage of a cold frame is total ventilation when ever the temperature is above freezing. Less problems...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. PhilC

What temperature do you set your Greenhouse to for winter?

I grow little that is delicate so do not heat through winter. Do have equipment that could, which will be operational if required, support new sowings early in the new year. Fuschias and geraniums...
    I grow little that is delicate so do not heat through winter. Do have equipment that could, which will be operational if required, support new sowings early in the new year. Fuschias and geraniums take their chance inside without heat, 85% probability to survive in this coastal...
    I grow little that is delicate so do not heat through winter. Do have equipment that could, which will be operational if required, support new sowings early in the new year. Fuschias and geraniums take their chance inside without heat, 85%...
    I grow little that is delicate so do not heat through winter. Do have equipment that could, which will be operational if required, support new sowings early in the new year. Fuschias and geraniums...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Michael Hewett

Oxalis triangularis

My two are not yet ready to sleep, Jenny namaste
    127_4162.JPG Oxalis tri 8 Nov 23.jpg P1350046.JPG IMG_5794.JPG IMG_20231117_082023.jpg 00000IMG_00000_BURST20231117081959_COVER.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. shiney
    Like x 12

Don't Cut Back Your Verbena Bonariensis

I haven't cut mine back but no goldfinches or any bird on them, perhaps the goldfinches prefer the sunflower hearts in the feeders, but they do make a mess of them.
    I haven't cut mine back but no goldfinches or any bird on them, perhaps the goldfinches prefer the sunflower hearts in the feeders, but they do make a mess of them.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. ennnceee

Can you identify...

I had a couple of Peace lilies many moons ago and found them temperamental so gave them to a friend, who with some tlc, got them to thrive. :)
    I had a couple of Peace lilies many moons ago and found them temperamental so gave them to a friend, who with some tlc, got them to thrive. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. eddybaby

Best plants for these terrariums please?

Opps! pressed return too early! 'Moss Gardening' by George Schenk. Probably out of print now but you could get a second hand copy perhaps.
    Opps! pressed return too early! 'Moss Gardening' by George Schenk. Probably out of print now but you could get a second hand copy perhaps.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. wiseowl

What's looking Good In November

New Thread Here:-What's Looking Good in December 2023
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Spruce

Which Fleece to use ......

thanks all
    thanks all
    thanks all
    thanks all
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. noisette47

Pineapple guava (Feijoa / Acca)

Thanks @NigelJ - another temptation!
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. infradig

NO-DIG DAY 3RD NOVEMBER 23

Are dinosaurs those new animals that started roaming around? :scratch:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Esoxlucius

Are these ads genuine?

There has never been a public phone box within miles of us in the 50+ years we have been here. :rolleyespink:
    There has never been a public phone box within miles of us in the 50+ years we have been here. :rolleyespink:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice