1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. pink pixie

You have inspired me........

Good morning Pink Pixie the inspiration was already there we just brought it to the surface my friend,please keep us all up to date with your progress
    Good morning Pink Pixie the inspiration was already there we just brought it to the surface my friend,please keep us all up to date with your progress
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Loofah
    Funny x 5

You go away for 1 week and...

Nice one Loof :)Been to Tangiers a long time ago, loved it :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Paladin

You design it,I'll make it

Yes Kandy..Sorry for not acknowledging that info before Thank you .
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. ARMANDII
    Like x 8

You can't beat peat

My ex neigbour used to put his in the oven at 240 for an hour then a UV light overnight (thirty years ago) I as a non gardener at the time could not understand when he said it was to sterilise it...
    My ex neigbour used to put his in the oven at 240 for an hour then a UV light overnight (thirty years ago) I as a non gardener at the time could not understand when he said it was to sterilise it for his seedlings (neigbour as he used to "live next door" NOT the scottish neighbour who are...
    My ex neigbour used to put his in the oven at 240 for an hour then a UV light overnight (thirty years ago) I as a non gardener at the time could not understand when he said it was to sterilise it for his seedlings (neigbour as he used to "live...
    My ex neigbour used to put his in the oven at 240 for an hour then a UV light overnight (thirty years ago) I as a non gardener at the time could not understand when he said it was to sterilise it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Bilbo675
    Like x 3

You and Who's Army????

I'm lucky, I never seem to have a bug problem here, but my enemy are slugs and snails, even they seem to be lacking this year. I've probably just tempted fate. :)
    I'm lucky, I never seem to have a bug problem here, but my enemy are slugs and snails, even they seem to be lacking this year. I've probably just tempted fate. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Mike Allen

YOU and todays 'Climate change'.

Hello yes I remember 1963 really well the river Medway frozen over and could be walked across,as I was working on the ship pictured below at Strood pier "The Finmaster" frozen bales of wood pulp...
    Hello yes I remember 1963 really well the river Medway frozen over and could be walked across,as I was working on the ship pictured below at Strood pier "The Finmaster" frozen bales of wood pulp using the ships steam winches which at least kept us warm a little
    Hello yes I remember 1963 really well the river Medway frozen over and could be walked across,as I was working on the ship pictured below at Strood pier "The Finmaster" frozen bales of wood pulp using the ships steam winches which at least kept...
    Hello yes I remember 1963 really well the river Medway frozen over and could be walked across,as I was working on the ship pictured below at Strood pier "The Finmaster" frozen bales of wood pulp...
    Building the Metropolitan District Railway, 1867..jpg Construction work near South Kensington Station..jpg 294.JPG BB.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Mike Allen
    Like x 7

You and gardening! What is the magnetism?

You a bit hard up after your holiday? :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. AndyK

Yorkstone Patio

Same stone we use for our patio last year nicer than normal slabs. And of course nice containers too.
    Same stone we use for our patio last year nicer than normal slabs. And of course nice containers too.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. capney

Yorkshire snail

He is beautiful when you look close, thats why I prefer to catch them and release them elsewhere rather than use nasty beer traps or slug pellets - its not a nice way to kill anything. I put them...
    He is beautiful when you look close, thats why I prefer to catch them and release them elsewhere rather than use nasty beer traps or slug pellets - its not a nice way to kill anything. I put them in the dustbin sometimes in the hope they have a better time at the landfill site.
    He is beautiful when you look close, thats why I prefer to catch them and release them elsewhere rather than use nasty beer traps or slug pellets - its not a nice way to kill anything. I put them in the dustbin sometimes in the hope they have a...
    He is beautiful when you look close, thats why I prefer to catch them and release them elsewhere rather than use nasty beer traps or slug pellets - its not a nice way to kill anything. I put them...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. The Gardening Banker

Yorkshire fog

Landimad this may give rise to the saying , not often heard these days , " He/she can platt fog " . Meaning they can complete difficult tasks .
    Landimad this may give rise to the saying , not often heard these days , " He/she can platt fog " . Meaning they can complete difficult tasks .
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. capney

Yorks Hanging Baskets

Just lovely Capney and thank you for letting us see them. I couldn't believe it when I heard one of those famous for being famous people on TV saying they hated the Britain in Bloom displays and...
    Just lovely Capney and thank you for letting us see them. I couldn't believe it when I heard one of those famous for being famous people on TV saying they hated the Britain in Bloom displays and they just made the place look vulgar.
    Just lovely Capney and thank you for letting us see them. I couldn't believe it when I heard one of those famous for being famous people on TV saying they hated the Britain in Bloom displays and they just made the place look vulgar.
    Just lovely Capney and thank you for letting us see them. I couldn't believe it when I heard one of those famous for being famous people on TV saying they hated the Britain in Bloom displays and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. geoffhandley

Yippee!!!

Geoff, it is stunning and a real eye-catcher! Hope you will post another pic when the other two start blooming so we'll see all three together.
    Geoff, it is stunning and a real eye-catcher! Hope you will post another pic when the other two start blooming so we'll see all three together.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. mztrouble

yikes - blackspot!

Pro, Which would you say works the best? Where is the best place to buy these from?Is this the stuff you mention and if so, is it a good price?
    Pro, Which would you say works the best? Where is the best place to buy these from?Is this the stuff you mention and if so, is it a good price?
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. The Pea Of Sweetness

Yey, they flowered!!!

Any one care to identify them for me?
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Palustris

Yew Prunings

I asked as there are lots of Hellebores around the Yew and I did not want to damage them with more needles.
    I asked as there are lots of Hellebores around the Yew and I did not want to damage them with more needles.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. amme

yew hedge atumn /winter care advice please

My Hedge is going ok partes but others are not doing so well. can people tell me what to do for it over atumn and winter please.
    My Hedge is going ok partes but others are not doing so well. can people tell me what to do for it over atumn and winter please.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Freddy

Yew Hedge

I'm going to contact both companies on Monday and find out more about it. I collect around 2-3 tonnes of Yew clippings alone between July and September so seems a waste to take them to the tip or...
    I'm going to contact both companies on Monday and find out more about it. I collect around 2-3 tonnes of Yew clippings alone between July and September so seems a waste to take them to the tip or compost them in my yard when they can be put to better use.
    I'm going to contact both companies on Monday and find out more about it. I collect around 2-3 tonnes of Yew clippings alone between July and September so seems a waste to take them to the tip or compost them in my yard when they can be put to...
    I'm going to contact both companies on Monday and find out more about it. I collect around 2-3 tonnes of Yew clippings alone between July and September so seems a waste to take them to the tip or...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Eusebius

Yew Hedge

:DDidn't know that about cupressus sempervirens! Mental note to self.... :rolleyes:Have now googled on this, and come up with a lovely...
    :DDidn't know that about cupressus sempervirens! Mental note to self.... :rolleyes:Have now googled on this, and come up with a lovely pciture! http://sphakia.classics.ox.ac.uk/FMPro?-DB=WebSphakiaPhotoLink&-Format=showphoto.html&OverallPhotoID==09.034&-Find [ 29. October 2006,...
    :DDidn't know that about cupressus sempervirens! Mental note to self.... :rolleyes:Have now googled on this, and come up with a lovely...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Chrysocolla

Yew clippings

Have you heard about this? http://www.friendshipestates.co.uk/yew-collection/yew-collection.html
    Have you heard about this? http://www.friendshipestates.co.uk/yew-collection/yew-collection.html
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Fidgetsmum

Yeuk and double yeuk!

You should try having cats, and living in the country. We *never* walk about in the middle of the night without putting a light on, and looking where we place our feet... Cheers Richard
    You should try having cats, and living in the country. We *never* walk about in the middle of the night without putting a light on, and looking where we place our feet... Cheers Richard
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice