General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. merleworld

Painting a fence

I decided not to go for the green after all :doh: Just spent an hour and a half in B&Q trying to find exterior paint in a colour which I liked. I failed. Ended up buying fence stain after all. Doh!
    I decided not to go for the green after all :doh: Just spent an hour and a half in B&Q trying to find exterior paint in a colour which I liked. I failed. Ended up buying fence stain after all. Doh!
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Slinky

Fat Stains

Thats strange, I associate coke with getting fat not removing it! ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. exlabman

Salvia "hot lips"

I'll have a go now and in the autumn, would've thought tip cuttings would be a good method similar to Fuchsias and what not. Bit of rooting powder and my warm windowsill should do the trick, can't...
    I'll have a go now and in the autumn, would've thought tip cuttings would be a good method similar to Fuchsias and what not. Bit of rooting powder and my warm windowsill should do the trick, can't see why they wouldn't work though!
    I'll have a go now and in the autumn, would've thought tip cuttings would be a good method similar to Fuchsias and what not. Bit of rooting powder and my warm windowsill should do the trick, can't see why they wouldn't work though!
    I'll have a go now and in the autumn, would've thought tip cuttings would be a good method similar to Fuchsias and what not. Bit of rooting powder and my warm windowsill should do the trick, can't...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Loofah

Wickes GP compost 2012

I prefer, frugal. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. jemima2

Cordyline Pruning

Ok Jemima, Here's my Cordi Before the leaves Turned yellow, Sorry its not a Close up...And After...
    Ok Jemima, Here's my Cordi Before the leaves Turned yellow, Sorry its not a Close up...And After...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. stevethescot

stopping cats fouling in our garden

I am closing this thread as it is busy going nowhere, apart from upsetting people... As Clare says it is a very old Chestnut, but it still pops up every now & then..
    I am closing this thread as it is busy going nowhere, apart from upsetting people... As Clare says it is a very old Chestnut, but it still pops up every now & then..
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. dodgie
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Kristen

Kristen's Project

Sorry Kristen,I know I'm a pest but would also love to see how your Knot garden is coming on:thumbsup:
    Sorry Kristen,I know I'm a pest but would also love to see how your Knot garden is coming on:thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. beckyman

Clematis Avalanche

The problem most likely is simply down to its roots. These plants have roots that go to a depth of about 12" and spread widely too and by keeping it potted you are restricting its natural habit ...
    The problem most likely is simply down to its roots. These plants have roots that go to a depth of about 12" and spread widely too and by keeping it potted you are restricting its natural habit - as it matures its roots want to travel and you're stunting it all the time. Free the plant by...
    The problem most likely is simply down to its roots. These plants have roots that go to a depth of about 12" and spread widely too and by keeping it potted you are restricting its natural habit - as it matures its roots want to travel and...
    The problem most likely is simply down to its roots. These plants have roots that go to a depth of about 12" and spread widely too and by keeping it potted you are restricting its natural habit ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. ARMANDII

SHOW US YOUR PURCHASES - 2021

New Thread Here:-SHOW US YOUR PURCHASES - 2022
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Kristen
    Like x 15

What's Looking Good In July 2013

First Tricyrtis of 2013 - "Taipei Silk"...........................It's a hybrid of an unknown T.formosana variety and T.lasiocarpa. It's a really nice variety that seems to prefer a little...
    First Tricyrtis of 2013 - "Taipei Silk"...........................It's a hybrid of an unknown T.formosana variety and T.lasiocarpa. It's a really nice variety that seems to prefer a little more sun than most (it's leaning out seeking the light in this spot) and is reliably early.
    First Tricyrtis of 2013 - "Taipei Silk"...........................It's a hybrid of an unknown T.formosana variety and T.lasiocarpa. It's a really nice variety that seems to prefer a little more sun than most (it's leaning out seeking the...
    First Tricyrtis of 2013 - "Taipei Silk"...........................It's a hybrid of an unknown T.formosana variety and T.lasiocarpa. It's a really nice variety that seems to prefer a little...
    IMG_6904_Kniphofia.jpg IMG_6878_RedBorder.jpg IMG_6883_SambucusBlackBeauty.jpg 1 July 2013 piccies 006.JPG 1 July 2013 piccies 004.JPG 1 July 2013 piccies 010.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Franco50

Can my Forest Flame be saved?

Fran. If I remember correctly when I repotted it I used a mixture of ericaceous and multipurpose compost .. BUT I made sure the top 3 inches or so of the container was purely ericaceous. There are...
    Fran. If I remember correctly when I repotted it I used a mixture of ericaceous and multipurpose compost .. BUT I made sure the top 3 inches or so of the container was purely ericaceous. There are drainage holes in the bottom. Overwatering is not the problem (unless you count the Scottish...
    Fran. If I remember correctly when I repotted it I used a mixture of ericaceous and multipurpose compost .. BUT I made sure the top 3 inches or so of the container was purely ericaceous. There are drainage holes in the bottom. Overwatering is not...
    Fran. If I remember correctly when I repotted it I used a mixture of ericaceous and multipurpose compost .. BUT I made sure the top 3 inches or so of the container was purely ericaceous. There are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Kristen
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Bilbo675

Eddo (Elephants Ears, Colocasia ?)

those are few variety I`ve tryed this year , all from the local asian shop , but bought in different months from November onward .
    those are few variety I`ve tryed this year , all from the local asian shop , but bought in different months from November onward .
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. compost maker

Any plants called Mary? Suitable for a memorial present?

Hi Compost maker, sorry to hear you have lost someone dear.. I would go to David Austin Roses who have a few roses named Mary which are absolutely beautiful. Go to http://www.davidaustinroses.com,...
    Hi Compost maker, sorry to hear you have lost someone dear.. I would go to David Austin Roses who have a few roses named Mary which are absolutely beautiful. Go to http://www.davidaustinroses.com, select the "Garden Roses" from the choice of two further links and type into the search box "Mary"...
    Hi Compost maker, sorry to hear you have lost someone dear.. I would go to David Austin Roses who have a few roses named Mary which are absolutely beautiful. Go to http://www.davidaustinroses.com, select the "Garden Roses" from the choice of two...
    Hi Compost maker, sorry to hear you have lost someone dear.. I would go to David Austin Roses who have a few roses named Mary which are absolutely beautiful. Go to http://www.davidaustinroses.com,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. ARMANDII

SHOW US YOUR PURCHASES 2020

New Thread HereSHOW US YOUR PURCHASES - 2021
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Blueroses

What to do with 'woody' lavender

People sem strangly scared to prune lavender, it can last 15 or 20 years if cut pretty hard back about this time each year (after a lighter trim the previous autumn) It looks brutal when done but...
    People sem strangly scared to prune lavender, it can last 15 or 20 years if cut pretty hard back about this time each year (after a lighter trim the previous autumn) It looks brutal when done but with a feed and water is lush but compact in no time. The key is to go as hard as possible without...
    People sem strangly scared to prune lavender, it can last 15 or 20 years if cut pretty hard back about this time each year (after a lighter trim the previous autumn) It looks brutal when done but with a feed and water is lush but compact in no...
    People sem strangly scared to prune lavender, it can last 15 or 20 years if cut pretty hard back about this time each year (after a lighter trim the previous autumn) It looks brutal when done but...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. rach

how fast does the lalandie hedge grow

That in itself should be a warning to wannabe leylandii growers.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Phil A
    Like x 12

WHAT'S LOOKING GOOD IN JUNE 2018

Glad you like it, Loki.:love30: Walking around it gives me a lot of content and puts a smile on my face.:snorky:
    Glad you like it, Loki.:love30: Walking around it gives me a lot of content and puts a smile on my face.:snorky:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. MattStan

Can I move a Japanese Maple?

Bulbs sound good - like the suggestion...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice