General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. rach

how fast does the lalandie hedge grow

That in itself should be a warning to wannabe leylandii growers.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. jemima2

Cordyline Pruning

Ok Jemima, Here's my Cordi Before the leaves Turned yellow, Sorry its not a Close up...And After...
    Ok Jemima, Here's my Cordi Before the leaves Turned yellow, Sorry its not a Close up...And After...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. stoney

industrial strength weed killer needed

Saxon, its nice of you to reply, but as Stoney asked almost 2 years ago, and only made 3 posts, (look at post count and date posted) please don't expect a reply.
    Saxon, its nice of you to reply, but as Stoney asked almost 2 years ago, and only made 3 posts, (look at post count and date posted) please don't expect a reply.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. dodgie
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. HarryS

The Best Fence Sprayer?

Well green would be best Harry if you use any other colour it will do the same at there side and might complain about there muti coloured fence , paint gets everywhere using the spray, plants...
    Well green would be best Harry if you use any other colour it will do the same at there side and might complain about there muti coloured fence , paint gets everywhere using the spray, plants gravel boards will get covered even being careful.I have a brand new fence all round my garden...
    Well green would be best Harry if you use any other colour it will do the same at there side and might complain about there muti coloured fence , paint gets everywhere using the spray, plants gravel boards will get covered even being careful.I...
    Well green would be best Harry if you use any other colour it will do the same at there side and might complain about there muti coloured fence , paint gets everywhere using the spray, plants...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. compost maker

Any plants called Mary? Suitable for a memorial present?

Hi Compost maker, sorry to hear you have lost someone dear.. I would go to David Austin Roses who have a few roses named Mary which are absolutely beautiful. Go to http://www.davidaustinroses.com,...
    Hi Compost maker, sorry to hear you have lost someone dear.. I would go to David Austin Roses who have a few roses named Mary which are absolutely beautiful. Go to http://www.davidaustinroses.com, select the "Garden Roses" from the choice of two further links and type into the search box "Mary"...
    Hi Compost maker, sorry to hear you have lost someone dear.. I would go to David Austin Roses who have a few roses named Mary which are absolutely beautiful. Go to http://www.davidaustinroses.com, select the "Garden Roses" from the choice of two...
    Hi Compost maker, sorry to hear you have lost someone dear.. I would go to David Austin Roses who have a few roses named Mary which are absolutely beautiful. Go to http://www.davidaustinroses.com,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. alp
    Like x 7

Gardening diaries - friendly discussions on topics from latest bloom to wildlife.

Thread closed as it is getting a bit long.New thread - Gardening diaries - friendly discussions (part 2)
    Thread closed as it is getting a bit long.New thread - Gardening diaries - friendly discussions (part 2)
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Bilbo675

Eddo (Elephants Ears, Colocasia ?)

those are few variety I`ve tryed this year , all from the local asian shop , but bought in different months from November onward .
    those are few variety I`ve tryed this year , all from the local asian shop , but bought in different months from November onward .
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. lewinsm

Leycesteria formosa - Himalayan Honeysuckle

Cheers for the tips guys. Went out for a closer look yesterday and noticed lots of little ones popping up all over the place. I'm planning on moving them over to a barron corner, once they look...
    Cheers for the tips guys. Went out for a closer look yesterday and noticed lots of little ones popping up all over the place. I'm planning on moving them over to a barron corner, once they look big enough to move.Any ideas how i can find out if the berries are edible? Is it safe for me to just...
    Cheers for the tips guys. Went out for a closer look yesterday and noticed lots of little ones popping up all over the place. I'm planning on moving them over to a barron corner, once they look big enough to move.Any ideas how i can find out if...
    Cheers for the tips guys. Went out for a closer look yesterday and noticed lots of little ones popping up all over the place. I'm planning on moving them over to a barron corner, once they look...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. wishaw

Honeysuckle in pots?

liz The honeysuckle is only about 4 years old this is the second time it has flowered as last year it was a deep reddish shade and this year the flowers where the deep reddish and just as they...
    liz The honeysuckle is only about 4 years old this is the second time it has flowered as last year it was a deep reddish shade and this year the flowers where the deep reddish and just as they where coming out they are changing to an orange/yellow shade now, The plant looks healthy nature is a...
    liz The honeysuckle is only about 4 years old this is the second time it has flowered as last year it was a deep reddish shade and this year the flowers where the deep reddish and just as they where coming out they are changing to...
    liz The honeysuckle is only about 4 years old this is the second time it has flowered as last year it was a deep reddish shade and this year the flowers where the deep reddish and just as they...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. simon1967

Shallow rooted plants/shrubs

Can you maybe pop a photo on of the space?how wide is the border and where does the concrete end? is the front border you mention somewhere else? Questions sorry :)
    Can you maybe pop a photo on of the space?how wide is the border and where does the concrete end? is the front border you mention somewhere else? Questions sorry :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. shiney
    Like x 3

Show Us Your Recent Purchases 2019

My 3 kg of Winston seed potatoes arrived from Suttons yesterday, very well packed and I shall use them again.
    My 3 kg of Winston seed potatoes arrived from Suttons yesterday, very well packed and I shall use them again.
    ostokset.JPG 20190113_113423.jpg DSC_0919.jpg DSC_0920.jpg 070A75CC-7E4F-4034-BAE1-543B0B507FAE.jpeg 20190121_153822.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Richard11

Setting Up A Gardening business

that's very good Jane! I've seen some amazing designs done on google sketch and they have a very comprehensive database of 3D plants ... by creating designs in this fashion, the client gets a...
    that's very good Jane! I've seen some amazing designs done on google sketch and they have a very comprehensive database of 3D plants ... by creating designs in this fashion, the client gets a clear picture of what you propose, instead of an a3 paper drawing with little circles I cheat...
    that's very good Jane! I've seen some amazing designs done on google sketch and they have a very comprehensive database of 3D plants ... by creating designs in this fashion, the client gets a clear picture of what you propose, instead of an a3...
    that's very good Jane! I've seen some amazing designs done on google sketch and they have a very comprehensive database of 3D plants ... by creating designs in this fashion, the client gets a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Daisies

slug/snail proof bedding plants

I've never had them munch on Geraniums, Snapdragons or Day-lillies or I might just have been lucky!!
    I've never had them munch on Geraniums, Snapdragons or Day-lillies or I might just have been lucky!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. keithhampson

homemade weedkiller

He went blind ;)
    He went blind ;)
    He went blind ;)
    He went blind ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Kevin Cowans

My Garden Progress

Kevin I love your garden , it looks absolutely beautiful. The flowering coverage over the walls is fabulous. The lawn is looking very good, amazingly it's still green unlike the straw we...
    Kevin I love your garden , it looks absolutely beautiful. The flowering coverage over the walls is fabulous. The lawn is looking very good, amazingly it's still green unlike the straw we have!Enjoy.:):SUNsmile:
    Kevin I love your garden , it looks absolutely beautiful. The flowering coverage over the walls is fabulous. The lawn is looking very good, amazingly it's still green unlike the straw we have!Enjoy.:):SUNsmile:
    Kevin I love your garden , it looks absolutely beautiful. The flowering coverage over the walls is fabulous. The lawn is looking very good, amazingly it's still green unlike the straw we...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. bonita

Laying and installing square ribbed decking tiles

Ican see you have painstakingly done your garden and a very nice one too. it looks fab.I like your banana groupe the musical ones it looks great.
    Ican see you have painstakingly done your garden and a very nice one too. it looks fab.I like your banana groupe the musical ones it looks great.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. hmallett

How long for Verdone to do its stuff?

As a follow-up, I mowed the lawn today, and my side of the lawn still looks thin and pale, but only about 3 dandelions were starting to come through, so I weeded them out. My neighbours side has...
    As a follow-up, I mowed the lawn today, and my side of the lawn still looks thin and pale, but only about 3 dandelions were starting to come through, so I weeded them out. My neighbours side has grass that looks a nice deep green... but it only covers about 50% of his lawn! It looks more like a...
    As a follow-up, I mowed the lawn today, and my side of the lawn still looks thin and pale, but only about 3 dandelions were starting to come through, so I weeded them out. My neighbours side has grass that looks a nice deep green... but it only...
    As a follow-up, I mowed the lawn today, and my side of the lawn still looks thin and pale, but only about 3 dandelions were starting to come through, so I weeded them out. My neighbours side has...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. ant1977

I want to buy part of neighbours garden

When my dad gave me first refusal to buy my land, he had it valued. The surveyor told him it could be worth as little as £x or as much as 3 times that, depending entirely on whether or not anybody...
    When my dad gave me first refusal to buy my land, he had it valued. The surveyor told him it could be worth as little as £x or as much as 3 times that, depending entirely on whether or not anybody wanted it.18x18 is not a big parcel of land. Last time I checked, land without outline planning...
    When my dad gave me first refusal to buy my land, he had it valued. The surveyor told him it could be worth as little as £x or as much as 3 times that, depending entirely on whether or not anybody wanted it.18x18 is not a big parcel of land....
    When my dad gave me first refusal to buy my land, he had it valued. The surveyor told him it could be worth as little as £x or as much as 3 times that, depending entirely on whether or not anybody...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. fimonkey

Busy Lizzies and Geraniums

Sorry everyone, forgot the topic was bizzie lizzies etc- Getting rather bogged down with my bulb problem.
    Sorry everyone, forgot the topic was bizzie lizzies etc- Getting rather bogged down with my bulb problem.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice