1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. gavintarrant

Yet more surprises

I shouldn't have started that one should I:heehee::mute::thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Liz

Yet another idea

I've been Freecycled! I am a natural hoarder and have to restrain myself quite severely to avoid ending up like the people on TV who can't get in their houses for 'things' piled waist...
    I've been Freecycled! I am a natural hoarder and have to restrain myself quite severely to avoid ending up like the people on TV who can't get in their houses for 'things' piled waist high.... Freecycle appeals to all my worst instincts, and I blame GC for introducing me to it. :D ANYWAY, I...
    I've been Freecycled! I am a natural hoarder and have to restrain myself quite severely to avoid ending up like the people on TV who can't get in their houses for 'things' piled waist high.... Freecycle appeals to all my worst instincts, and I...
    I've been Freecycled! I am a natural hoarder and have to restrain myself quite severely to avoid ending up like the people on TV who can't get in their houses for 'things' piled waist...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. *dim*
    Like x 5

Yet another Bargain ....

I already have Then I can have a blast, spend spend spend on the family and holidays Then live off benefits I would have to live a minimum ten years now to even break even by not taking the max...
    I already have Then I can have a blast, spend spend spend on the family and holidays Then live off benefits I would have to live a minimum ten years now to even break even by not taking the max lump sum, Too be honest I can not see me lasting that long end of the world or not :-) Jack McH
    I already have Then I can have a blast, spend spend spend on the family and holidays Then live off benefits I would have to live a minimum ten years now to even break even by not taking the max lump sum, Too be honest I can not see me lasting...
    I already have Then I can have a blast, spend spend spend on the family and holidays Then live off benefits I would have to live a minimum ten years now to even break even by not taking the max...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. *dim*
    Like x 3

Yesterday, Today and Tommorow - Brunfelsia pauciflora

Hi Marley ... there should be no probs in a container, then overwinter if temp gets below -5 deg C ... but plant in a large pot and in semi-shade ... these are normally evergreen if my memory...
    Hi Marley ... there should be no probs in a container, then overwinter if temp gets below -5 deg C ... but plant in a large pot and in semi-shade ... these are normally evergreen if my memory serves me right, and will do superb in a conservatory here in the UK these are tri-colour... pic...
    Hi Marley ... there should be no probs in a container, then overwinter if temp gets below -5 deg C ... but plant in a large pot and in semi-shade ... these are normally evergreen if my memory serves me right, and will do superb in a...
    Hi Marley ... there should be no probs in a container, then overwinter if temp gets below -5 deg C ... but plant in a large pot and in semi-shade ... these are normally evergreen if my memory...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. kyleleonard

Yesterday's Gardening

Eh? no need to be aggressive. You made no mention of a dead one in your earlier post; nor did you say how far away from where you found it the bird box was. Only trying to be helpful.
    Eh? no need to be aggressive. You made no mention of a dead one in your earlier post; nor did you say how far away from where you found it the bird box was. Only trying to be helpful.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. "M"

Yesterday I was given ...

Tall but slowly. Maybe put them in a pot for now so you can move them about and see where you like them. Lucky you - always good to get free plants :)
    Tall but slowly. Maybe put them in a pot for now so you can move them about and see where you like them. Lucky you - always good to get free plants :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Sussexgardener

Yesterday at B&Q...

Hi Carolla, if you go into usercp (top of page) go into your profile and then statistics, you can track your posts from there...
    Hi Carolla, if you go into usercp (top of page) go into your profile and then statistics, you can track your posts from there...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Honey Bee

YES!!!!!! Countdown to new garden!!!!!!

I am glad for you Honeybee, I remember when you first posted the picture of your garden. Glad its going to be terraced - and you'll enjoy doing the planting etc.I look forward to seeing your...
    I am glad for you Honeybee, I remember when you first posted the picture of your garden. Glad its going to be terraced - and you'll enjoy doing the planting etc.I look forward to seeing your landscapers end result, before you start planting. Speaking from experience - it is possible to move...
    I am glad for you Honeybee, I remember when you first posted the picture of your garden. Glad its going to be terraced - and you'll enjoy doing the planting etc.I look forward to seeing your landscapers end result, before you start planting....
    I am glad for you Honeybee, I remember when you first posted the picture of your garden. Glad its going to be terraced - and you'll enjoy doing the planting etc.I look forward to seeing your...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Tangle

yellowish hellebores

Tangle, I would just give them a feed with something like Phostrogen or MiracleGro.
    Tangle, I would just give them a feed with something like Phostrogen or MiracleGro.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Cutty Dyer

Yellow/Hay Rattle advice please...

Excellent information, many thanks. CD
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Kedi-Gato

yellow-flowering succulant

Thanks guys, that's it!
    Thanks guys, that's it!
    Thanks guys, that's it!
    Thanks guys, that's it!
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. JoJo

Yellow Surfinias

Thanks for that tip, I'll give it a try this year.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. caterpillar

yellow slightly mouldy leaves

I think, this is happened because of the liquid pour miracle grow that you have added to the water!!
    I think, this is happened because of the liquid pour miracle grow that you have added to the water!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Scotkat

Yellow poppies seeding

Lovely pics Kandy - lvoe those big seedheads! Reminded me to go and see if I can capture some of my own! ...
    Lovely pics Kandy - lvoe those big seedheads! Reminded me to go and see if I can capture some of my own! ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. mollymalone

yellow lichen on contorted willow

Hi mollymalone,Lichen is a bryophyte, meaning that it uses surfaces such as trees and stones to grow on, yet it is not invasive or parasitic - unlike mistletoe. As previously stated it will...
    Hi mollymalone,Lichen is a bryophyte, meaning that it uses surfaces such as trees and stones to grow on, yet it is not invasive or parasitic - unlike mistletoe. As previously stated it will cuase no damage to the tree, although you may find it unsightly.Crown/branch dieback can be a natural...
    Hi mollymalone,Lichen is a bryophyte, meaning that it uses surfaces such as trees and stones to grow on, yet it is not invasive or parasitic - unlike mistletoe. As previously stated it will cuase no damage to the tree, although you may find it...
    Hi mollymalone,Lichen is a bryophyte, meaning that it uses surfaces such as trees and stones to grow on, yet it is not invasive or parasitic - unlike mistletoe. As previously stated it will...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. ennnceee

Yellow leaves on Skimmia

Thanks, that's really helpful. Thanks all.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Reetgood

Yellow leaves - too hot and dry?

You don't need to lug horse manure for the roses, chicken manure pellets are a fairly modern manure, cleaner and easier to use and also reasonably cheap to buy. Roses prefer rain water but when...
    You don't need to lug horse manure for the roses, chicken manure pellets are a fairly modern manure, cleaner and easier to use and also reasonably cheap to buy. Roses prefer rain water but when you use tap water - water at the base to help combat black spot. Remove any infected leaves from the...
    You don't need to lug horse manure for the roses, chicken manure pellets are a fairly modern manure, cleaner and easier to use and also reasonably cheap to buy. Roses prefer rain water but when you use tap water - water at the base to help combat...
    You don't need to lug horse manure for the roses, chicken manure pellets are a fairly modern manure, cleaner and easier to use and also reasonably cheap to buy. Roses prefer rain water but when...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. raebhoop

Yellow leaves

Yeah...maybe the cold nights,although it's been pleasant here the last few weeks during the day...I posted pictures hours back but the mods haven't cleared the post yet...I guess they have to...
    Yeah...maybe the cold nights,although it's been pleasant here the last few weeks during the day...I posted pictures hours back but the mods haven't cleared the post yet...I guess they have to check out newbies?Thanks for the answers.
    Yeah...maybe the cold nights,although it's been pleasant here the last few weeks during the day...I posted pictures hours back but the mods haven't cleared the post yet...I guess they have to check out newbies?Thanks for the answers.
    Yeah...maybe the cold nights,although it's been pleasant here the last few weeks during the day...I posted pictures hours back but the mods haven't cleared the post yet...I guess they have to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. *dim*

Yellow leaved Jasmine (Jasminum Officinale 'Fiona Sunrise')

all looking good *dim*:dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. MrsMacGyver

yellow lavatera?

Tinkerbell, sister Sue will gather seeds later on, she's much better at things like that than me, and my greenhouse won't be available until the late spring. Its moving house - to the other side...
    Tinkerbell, sister Sue will gather seeds later on, she's much better at things like that than me, and my greenhouse won't be available until the late spring. Its moving house - to the other side of the garden, away from marauding kids :mad:
    Tinkerbell, sister Sue will gather seeds later on, she's much better at things like that than me, and my greenhouse won't be available until the late spring. Its moving house - to the other side of the garden, away from marauding kids :mad:
    Tinkerbell, sister Sue will gather seeds later on, she's much better at things like that than me, and my greenhouse won't be available until the late spring. Its moving house - to the other side...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice