1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. ant1977

I want to buy part of neighbours garden

When my dad gave me first refusal to buy my land, he had it valued. The surveyor told him it could be worth as little as £x or as much as 3 times that, depending entirely on whether or not anybody...
    When my dad gave me first refusal to buy my land, he had it valued. The surveyor told him it could be worth as little as £x or as much as 3 times that, depending entirely on whether or not anybody wanted it.18x18 is not a big parcel of land. Last time I checked, land without outline planning...
    When my dad gave me first refusal to buy my land, he had it valued. The surveyor told him it could be worth as little as £x or as much as 3 times that, depending entirely on whether or not anybody wanted it.18x18 is not a big parcel of land....
    When my dad gave me first refusal to buy my land, he had it valued. The surveyor told him it could be worth as little as £x or as much as 3 times that, depending entirely on whether or not anybody...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. james_uk

can a pressure washer be connected to the same tap as a washine machine?

Thanks John :gnthb:. Of course, I wouldn't know what I was looking for, even if I looked. :hehe:
    Thanks John :gnthb:. Of course, I wouldn't know what I was looking for, even if I looked. :hehe:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. clueless1

Buddleia not flowering

That is good news, JJ:partytime::hapydancsmil::hapfeet:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Phil A
    Like x 13

What's looking good in June 2015

love the concept of a Hebe hedge...:thumbsup: Jenny
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. r2oo

Pruning osteospermum ??

Thank you KFF for your reply & advice. I did wonder if it was too early so I appreciate you confirming this.
    Thank you KFF for your reply & advice. I did wonder if it was too early so I appreciate you confirming this.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. cooperidol

Decking Experts...i have some questions :)

That all sounds very similar to how contractors constructed the supports for a neighbour's decking, except they drove lengths of 150 x 150mm preserved softwood into the clay subsoil (so perhaps...
    That all sounds very similar to how contractors constructed the supports for a neighbour's decking, except they drove lengths of 150 x 150mm preserved softwood into the clay subsoil (so perhaps piles rather posts?) then screwed the joists level all as above.
    That all sounds very similar to how contractors constructed the supports for a neighbour's decking, except they drove lengths of 150 x 150mm preserved softwood into the clay subsoil (so perhaps piles rather posts?) then screwed the joists level...
    That all sounds very similar to how contractors constructed the supports for a neighbour's decking, except they drove lengths of 150 x 150mm preserved softwood into the clay subsoil (so perhaps...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. DevonDays

Bay tree with brown leaves - please help!

Thanks everyone! It's warming up nicely down here in Devon but maybe I'll leave it for a couple of weeks to be completely sure. It's next to the house so it never catches frost (I pull it under...
    Thanks everyone! It's warming up nicely down here in Devon but maybe I'll leave it for a couple of weeks to be completely sure. It's next to the house so it never catches frost (I pull it under the canopy of the roof for the winter to save it being waterlogged and frost-bitten, and keep it...
    Thanks everyone! It's warming up nicely down here in Devon but maybe I'll leave it for a couple of weeks to be completely sure. It's next to the house so it never catches frost (I pull it under the canopy of the roof for the winter to save it...
    Thanks everyone! It's warming up nicely down here in Devon but maybe I'll leave it for a couple of weeks to be completely sure. It's next to the house so it never catches frost (I pull it under...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. john The Saint

Whats the best looking and quickest growing hedge

Well I am most grateful to all who replied to my post. I have decided I will re-erect the existing fence myself in the correct area giving me time to sort out the strip of land. I'll have to...
    Well I am most grateful to all who replied to my post. I have decided I will re-erect the existing fence myself in the correct area giving me time to sort out the strip of land. I'll have to attack it like Indiana Jones with a machete as it's so overgrown. But once it's dug up, weeded and...
    Well I am most grateful to all who replied to my post. I have decided I will re-erect the existing fence myself in the correct area giving me time to sort out the strip of land. I'll have to attack it like Indiana Jones with a machete as it's...
    Well I am most grateful to all who replied to my post. I have decided I will re-erect the existing fence myself in the correct area giving me time to sort out the strip of land. I'll have to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. chunkylumber111

Fast growing, prickly deterrent hedge?

Not forgetting the airosol hairspray can and ciggarette lighter Jack McH
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Louiseness

Mint dying?

Snap SNAP DITTO A pal along the road mint growing all over his back garden, I said I wish I had mint, so he gave me some with the warning to plant it surrounded as it will spread everywhere ...
    Snap SNAP DITTO A pal along the road mint growing all over his back garden, I said I wish I had mint, so he gave me some with the warning to plant it surrounded as it will spread everywhere Errr no it did not So next time I got a lot from him dug up in a bucket and more or less...
    Snap SNAP DITTO A pal along the road mint growing all over his back garden, I said I wish I had mint, so he gave me some with the warning to plant it surrounded as it will spread everywhere Errr no it did not So next time I got a lot from...
    Snap SNAP DITTO A pal along the road mint growing all over his back garden, I said I wish I had mint, so he gave me some with the warning to plant it surrounded as it will spread everywhere ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. chrisski

beech hedge

Good points Fens!It is important that the leading buds are removed for each of the first few years otherwise you won't get a thick hedge.Also, if the hedge is just "plonked in" it will...
    Good points Fens!It is important that the leading buds are removed for each of the first few years otherwise you won't get a thick hedge.Also, if the hedge is just "plonked in" it will grow slowly and not throw out as many side branches, so that's another possible cause.Yes, it is...
    Good points Fens!It is important that the leading buds are removed for each of the first few years otherwise you won't get a thick hedge.Also, if the hedge is just "plonked in" it will grow slowly and not throw out as many side branches,...
    Good points Fens!It is important that the leading buds are removed for each of the first few years otherwise you won't get a thick hedge.Also, if the hedge is just "plonked in" it will...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. JWK

New Idea for Runner Bean Frame

Absolutely :thumb: :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. clueless1

How to cut off a branch I can't reach

That was a lucky escape! :phew: One other problem you get when cutting large branches is that, although you may take the usual precautions of stepping well back before pulling on the rope to bring it...
    That was a lucky escape! :phew: One other problem you get when cutting large branches is that, although you may take the usual precautions of stepping well back before pulling on the rope to bring it down, it falls exactly where you wanted it to - and then splits into more than one piece and bounces...
    That was a lucky escape! :phew: One other problem you get when cutting large branches is that, although you may take the usual precautions of stepping well back before pulling on the rope to bring it down, it falls exactly where you wanted it to -...
    That was a lucky escape! :phew: One other problem you get when cutting large branches is that, although you may take the usual precautions of stepping well back before pulling on the rope to bring it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. longk
    Like x 17

What's Looking Good April 2015

Thanks Longk
    Thanks Longk
    Thanks Longk
    Thanks Longk
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Jungle Jane

Gravel Paths - Good Or Bad?

We've put some gravel paths in - no idea of the size of stone - not tiny, not huge pebbles! Not comfy to walk on in bare feet! OH has put gravel paths between his raised veg beds.....we have...
    We've put some gravel paths in - no idea of the size of stone - not tiny, not huge pebbles! Not comfy to walk on in bare feet! OH has put gravel paths between his raised veg beds.....we have heavy clay soil too and he gets heavy clay laden wellies - hopefully, with the paths, the wellies...
    We've put some gravel paths in - no idea of the size of stone - not tiny, not huge pebbles! Not comfy to walk on in bare feet! OH has put gravel paths between his raised veg beds.....we have heavy clay soil too and he gets heavy clay laden...
    We've put some gravel paths in - no idea of the size of stone - not tiny, not huge pebbles! Not comfy to walk on in bare feet! OH has put gravel paths between his raised veg beds.....we have...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. rosa

Rosas Balcony 2009

heres a few xmassy pics i took on my balcony, everything is still green and looking good for this time of year.i put this obelisk up and decorated it with christmas lights in front of...
    heres a few xmassy pics i took on my balcony, everything is still green and looking good for this time of year.i put this obelisk up and decorated it with christmas lights in front of my kitchen window out on my balcony
    heres a few xmassy pics i took on my balcony, everything is still green and looking good for this time of year.i put this obelisk up and decorated it with christmas lights in front of my kitchen window out on my balcony
    heres a few xmassy pics i took on my balcony, everything is still green and looking good for this time of year.i put this obelisk up and decorated it with christmas lights in front of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. geraldthehamster

Sound deadening hedge

I'll add a bit more information, in case there are more suggestions. Currently I have two tall, unsightly conifers (two neighbours, both "experts", are certain that they are, respectively,...
    I'll add a bit more information, in case there are more suggestions. Currently I have two tall, unsightly conifers (two neighbours, both "experts", are certain that they are, respectively, either Juniper or Golden Leylandii. Anyway...). The branches and foliage come down to the ground, and I...
    I'll add a bit more information, in case there are more suggestions. Currently I have two tall, unsightly conifers (two neighbours, both "experts", are certain that they are, respectively, either Juniper or Golden Leylandii. Anyway...). The...
    I'll add a bit more information, in case there are more suggestions. Currently I have two tall, unsightly conifers (two neighbours, both "experts", are certain that they are, respectively,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Sussexgardener

Slug Proof/Resistant plants

The same is said to be true of forget me nots.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Sam1974x

Evergreen non toxic shrubs

What about Eleagnus and Pittosporum?
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. clueless1

How would I build a kiddies play tunnel?

That's a good idea, and much easier to source than bits of giant pipe. Good thinking:dbgrtmb:Thanks for that:)
    That's a good idea, and much easier to source than bits of giant pipe. Good thinking:dbgrtmb:Thanks for that:)
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice