1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. moment

gardenias

Well said Rich. :D :D :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Stingo

Jude The Obscure

Its comming back to me now, but I think there are a few DA roses named after Thomas Hardy's stuff, "Wenlock" Mayor of Casterbridge, all reminds me of my dark days.Liz - as a "Dramatic soprano" I...
    Its comming back to me now, but I think there are a few DA roses named after Thomas Hardy's stuff, "Wenlock" Mayor of Casterbridge, all reminds me of my dark days.Liz - as a "Dramatic soprano" I probably push my characters too! Know what you mean though but I think he summs up life well - too...
    Its comming back to me now, but I think there are a few DA roses named after Thomas Hardy's stuff, "Wenlock" Mayor of Casterbridge, all reminds me of my dark days.Liz - as a "Dramatic soprano" I probably push my characters too! Know what you...
    Its comming back to me now, but I think there are a few DA roses named after Thomas Hardy's stuff, "Wenlock" Mayor of Casterbridge, all reminds me of my dark days.Liz - as a "Dramatic soprano" I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Hornbeam

Orchids

Yes- that's it! Very much like the triffids in the TV drama and also a look about them of the pitcher plants. They don't eat insects of course, but they do entice them in for pollination. ...
    Yes- that's it! Very much like the triffids in the TV drama and also a look about them of the pitcher plants. They don't eat insects of course, but they do entice them in for pollination. Fantastic.
    Yes- that's it! Very much like the triffids in the TV drama and also a look about them of the pitcher plants. They don't eat insects of course, but they do entice them in for pollination. Fantastic.
    Yes- that's it! Very much like the triffids in the TV drama and also a look about them of the pitcher plants. They don't eat insects of course, but they do entice them in for pollination. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. macleaf

grow bags

Thanks guys :DActually, peppermint is great if you have crazy paving. Our patio is crazy, just like us, and where the peppermint grows in the cracks other things don't seem to grow there. ...
    Thanks guys :DActually, peppermint is great if you have crazy paving. Our patio is crazy, just like us, and where the peppermint grows in the cracks other things don't seem to grow there. The peppermint doesn't grow much more than a quarter of an inch high (a little bit more in the...
    Thanks guys :DActually, peppermint is great if you have crazy paving. Our patio is crazy, just like us, and where the peppermint grows in the cracks other things don't seem to grow there. The peppermint doesn't grow much more than a...
    Thanks guys :DActually, peppermint is great if you have crazy paving. Our patio is crazy, just like us, and where the peppermint grows in the cracks other things don't seem to grow there. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. rumble

Creeping Juniper not creeping

Did you give it good prepearation before planting? Big hole, good bit of blood and bone meal and a nice bit of sh1t (well rotted) nicely mixed in.They are very slow, you could try feeding it.
    Did you give it good prepearation before planting? Big hole, good bit of blood and bone meal and a nice bit of sh1t (well rotted) nicely mixed in.They are very slow, you could try feeding it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. duckyjuk

what would you do with this

I would go with Stingo - before you take up one slab - take a look at the pictures in the books in garden centres, and in your locality - and decide what you would like to see from your windor, ...
    I would go with Stingo - before you take up one slab - take a look at the pictures in the books in garden centres, and in your locality - and decide what you would like to see from your windor, what you want from this space as well as what you would like passers by to see.Then having got a...
    I would go with Stingo - before you take up one slab - take a look at the pictures in the books in garden centres, and in your locality - and decide what you would like to see from your windor, what you want from this space as well as what you...
    I would go with Stingo - before you take up one slab - take a look at the pictures in the books in garden centres, and in your locality - and decide what you would like to see from your windor, ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Waco

Giant Hog weed

Didn't think it was your thing - but send me your address and I will post some, it will be great to compare growing notes with a seed expert!They are dry but still a little green in colour, if...
    Didn't think it was your thing - but send me your address and I will post some, it will be great to compare growing notes with a seed expert!They are dry but still a little green in colour, if there are any on original plant I will get another naturaly dried lot.
    Didn't think it was your thing - but send me your address and I will post some, it will be great to compare growing notes with a seed expert!They are dry but still a little green in colour, if there are any on original plant I will get another...
    Didn't think it was your thing - but send me your address and I will post some, it will be great to compare growing notes with a seed expert!They are dry but still a little green in colour, if...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. frogesque

Abutilon 'Big Bell'

Have a nice time.
    Have a nice time.
    Have a nice time.
    Have a nice time.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Celia

Hydrangeas

That's a lovely bush, I bought a little one earlier this year. Didn't see the post before!
    That's a lovely bush, I bought a little one earlier this year. Didn't see the post before!
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Banana Man

Day Lillies

and a few more
    and a few more
    and a few more
    and a few more
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Whiley

Products and bits to have in the cupboard

Thank you both! I'll pick up some of those bits!My mum told me that she swears by miracle grow compost. Her flowers are amazing and huge and healthy and she hasnt the foggiest about plants! So...
    Thank you both! I'll pick up some of those bits!My mum told me that she swears by miracle grow compost. Her flowers are amazing and huge and healthy and she hasnt the foggiest about plants! So jammy of her!I think i forgot to mention that my potted plants would be outside Frogesque, but...
    Thank you both! I'll pick up some of those bits!My mum told me that she swears by miracle grow compost. Her flowers are amazing and huge and healthy and she hasnt the foggiest about plants! So jammy of her!I think i forgot to mention that my...
    Thank you both! I'll pick up some of those bits!My mum told me that she swears by miracle grow compost. Her flowers are amazing and huge and healthy and she hasnt the foggiest about plants! So...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. auntie

passion flower

like the motto marley farley!!Mine is gardening and dogs forever, housework whenever!
    like the motto marley farley!!Mine is gardening and dogs forever, housework whenever!
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. windy miller

agapanthus 'Dorothy Palmer'

Thanks ML, Love the bottle of wine, wish I had one like that that keeps refilling itself! :D
    Thanks ML, Love the bottle of wine, wish I had one like that that keeps refilling itself! :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Small orange giraffe

How to deadhead?

Thanks Liz, I'm glad I asked, will do what you suggest (once it stops raining!)
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. windy miller

red hot pokers

I agree, as I had the same thoughts ... it's like Chinese whispers! :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. windy miller

putting up wires for climbers

Thanks Shiney, This is my first attempt at 'real' gardening does it show? :D Been given some duff info from garden centres so I'd much rather ask the more knowledgable members of GC! Thanks...
    Thanks Shiney, This is my first attempt at 'real' gardening does it show? :D Been given some duff info from garden centres so I'd much rather ask the more knowledgable members of GC! Thanks again :cool:
    Thanks Shiney, This is my first attempt at 'real' gardening does it show? :D Been given some duff info from garden centres so I'd much rather ask the more knowledgable members of GC! Thanks again :cool:
    Thanks Shiney, This is my first attempt at 'real' gardening does it show? :D Been given some duff info from garden centres so I'd much rather ask the more knowledgable members of GC! Thanks...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. wildflower

my first sunflower...

frogsque...i think i have the same dwarf variety as yours ..i threw a packet of bird wildlife seeds on my patch and they must have been included in it..as they have appeared..
    frogsque...i think i have the same dwarf variety as yours ..i threw a packet of bird wildlife seeds on my patch and they must have been included in it..as they have appeared..
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Daisies

Wot's goin' on 'ere then??

Just for a laugh - I treate myself to one of those green plastic garden tool racks out of B&Q and proudly assembled it and placed it in the shed.There are holes in it for rakes and hoes to be...
    Just for a laugh - I treate myself to one of those green plastic garden tool racks out of B&Q and proudly assembled it and placed it in the shed.There are holes in it for rakes and hoes to be placed in end up but the shed roof's too low to let me get them in!!So I then found a little shelf...
    Just for a laugh - I treate myself to one of those green plastic garden tool racks out of B&Q and proudly assembled it and placed it in the shed.There are holes in it for rakes and hoes to be placed in end up but the shed roof's too low to let...
    Just for a laugh - I treate myself to one of those green plastic garden tool racks out of B&Q and proudly assembled it and placed it in the shed.There are holes in it for rakes and hoes to be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Banana Man

FAO The Pea Of Sweetness

Is there anybody there ?
    Is there anybody there ?
    Is there anybody there ?
    Is there anybody there ?
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. novocastria

Growing Mediteranean Plants in UK

I agree Pete. An awful lot of very familiar garden plants come from places like South Africa, North America and the Med. Very many more come from China and the Himalayas. Two fascinating...
    I agree Pete. An awful lot of very familiar garden plants come from places like South Africa, North America and the Med. Very many more come from China and the Himalayas. Two fascinating books are "The Origins of Plants" by Maggie Campbell-Culver and "The Gardener's Atlas" by Johh Grimshaw...
    I agree Pete. An awful lot of very familiar garden plants come from places like South Africa, North America and the Med. Very many more come from China and the Himalayas. Two fascinating books are "The Origins of Plants" by Maggie...
    I agree Pete. An awful lot of very familiar garden plants come from places like South Africa, North America and the Med. Very many more come from China and the Himalayas. Two fascinating...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice